Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:59:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 exclusive pictures from Fashion show
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 exclusive pictures from Fashion show  (Read 26806 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 10:59:12 AM »

Wow its amazing how the guy who runs one of the biggest and well known gnr forums and websites has it in for the old band. 

What's amazing is people who still think the old band exists and acts like it.

Like nothing had happened, they keep thinking that the AFD line up is just on a break and will be playing shows in a few months.

Some of us realized that the old band broke up.

We don't need to sit and be teary-eyed thinking about the past and having to mention it in every thread.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:09:40 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:20 PM »

Spooks? in the 21st century?  Shocked very rarely seen nowadays still annoying all the same.
The news might have attracted them.

On Topic, Really nice pics.  Don't they all look elegant there? Cheesy
axleu
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »

Wow! Chris looks fuckin' cool! ok

As for Robin, he looks much more like a guitarist for a Southern rock band (Lynyrd, Blackfoot,...) than like Slash (who, I think, hasn't invented guitars, hats and long hair, but I could be wrong... Roll Eyes)!
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »

As for Robin, he looks much more like a guitarist for a Southern rock band (Lynyrd, Blackfoot,...) than like Slash (who, I think, hasn't invented guitars, hats and long hair, but I could be wrong... Roll Eyes)!

Nobody says Slash invented long curly dark hair in your face, top hats or electric guitars.? ?But it was his distinct style -- unlike Robin, who completely changes his every few years.

When you combine the hat/hair thing with the fact that he's now the lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses -- playing Slash's part in Slash's band -- I don't think you can blame people for noticing the similarities.

If the Who replaced Pete Townshend with a new guy who was six feet tall, did windmill guitar moves, then smashed his strat at the end of the show, I think a lot of people would say he reminds them of Townshend.

Just sayin'...

What's even more weird is how Fortus seemed to come in an Izzy costume too.? Nobody got all bent out of shape when we had that discussion.? Maybe they like the old guys and think they're cool.? Afterall, they play their songs and solos all night.? They'd have to at least be fans of those guys' work.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:30:10 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Axlzroxchic
Opening Act

"I Think About You"......

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 02:32:27 PM »

Maybe, as shocking as it may seem, Robin likes wearing hats, and happens to have long hair.

When was the last time you saw Slash playing a hollowbody guitar?

Seems like he's trying real hard.

why does everyone seem to think that....  Huh

"This Melody Inside of Me, Still Searches For Solution"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 02:53:22 PM »

everyone seems to think what?  Huh

Robin looks elegant as usual. this time in a black coat (tailored?) and a black bowler hat.

They are all in black except axl?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

If the Who replaced Pete Townshend with a new guy who was six feet tall, did windmill guitar moves, then smashed his strat at the end of the show, I think a lot of people would say he reminds them of Townshend.

Just sayin'...

Wow  Roll Eyes

Then of couse they could... When Robin wears a top hat 24/7 and has a cig in his mouth during every solo... Then people can say he's knockin off slash... But just because he has long hair with a hat...NO
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2007, 03:11:29 PM »

everyone seems to think what?  Huh

Robin looks elegant as usual. this time in a black coat (tailored?) and a black bowler hat.

They are all in black except axl?

Wasn't KOHD dedicated to Anna? Maybe that's the reason  Roll Eyes

off-topic: btw. Fred Coury played damn good back in 87, great show

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 03:22:41 PM »

Just sayin'...

Wow? Roll Eyes

Then of couse they could... When Robin wears a top hat 24/7 and has a cig in his mouth during every solo... Then people can say he's knockin off slash... But just because he has long hair with a hat...NO

I think you're misunderstanding me.  I'm not saying he's ripping him off.  But if he decides to wear Slash's style hat and hair while playing Slash's role in Slash's old band, you can't be surprised when fans think he looks like Slash.  If Finck wants to dress kinda like Slash for a while, then more power to him.  I think it's silly, but like most of Finck's looks, it'll probably blow over in a while.

JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2007, 03:30:10 PM »

the guy in the first pick on the left looks alot like izzy

Joe2
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »

the guy in the first pick on the left looks alot like izzy

Richard Fortus.

Yeah i thought the same thing.

My DVD collection - www.freewebs.com/luke-joe2/
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »

it`s hilarious....

richard has black middle long hair and people say he looks like izzy.... robin wears a hat, has long hair and plays guitar and people say he copies slash.... what`s wrong with you??

did anyone of you ever see robin live? or did anyone of you at least watch a bootleg with him playing?

slash and robin are completely different guys, with completely different images/styles. robin has got a nose in his face, he looks like slash Roll Eyes

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

An elegant man who's into fashion would tell the difference between a top hat (silk hat) and a bowler hat (the one on Robin).  smoking
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »

An elegant man who's into fashion would tell the difference between a top hat (silk hat) and a bowler hat (the one on Robin).  smoking

mh.....  a man like axl? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »

If Robin came out wearing a grey mask and a bucket of Popeye's fried chicken on his head, I'd say he reminds me of BucketHead.

Then you guys could respond with something like -- "Get a life dude!  Buckethead's mask was WHITE and he wore a KFC bucket on his head!  Nothing alike."

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »

Just sayin'...

Wow? Roll Eyes

I think you're misunderstanding me.? I'm not saying he's ripping him off.?

If Finck wants to dress kinda like Slash for a while, then more power to him.?

You are contradicting yourself  hihi
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2007, 04:29:52 PM »

it`s hilarious....

richard has black middle long hair and people say he looks like izzy.... robin wears a hat, has long hair and plays guitar and people say he copies slash.... what`s wrong with you??

did anyone of you ever see robin live? or did anyone of you at least watch a bootleg with him playing?

slash and robin are completely different guys, with completely different images/styles. robin has got a nose in his face, he looks like slash Roll Eyes

I agree   peace
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »

Great pictures for the fans. A good find  peace
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »

it`s hilarious....

I wonder if dizzy wouldn't have been in the band if people would say pitman tries to copy him... no
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »

Some of you guys are never happy about GNR guitarists and their image. Get a life. It's not about the image; it's the playing. Duh.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: