Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:04:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227909 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 exclusive pictures from Fashion show
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 exclusive pictures from Fashion show  (Read 27036 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2007, 01:50:11 PM »

man, next time i'll keep the pictures on my hard drive ...... Smiley

Oh, don't be silly. We appreciate your uploading them.

If axl and the band are reading this discussion i bet they are cracking up and calling us all losers.

us all?
Not everyone here tries to see somebody else in Robin.

Wow.  You're slow.

All anyone said is that he looks like Slash in that picture.  People said Fortus looks like izzy, but nobody freaked out and through a shit-fit.

You're insecure about Finck.  I'm sure he can handle the fact that a few people think he looks like Slash in that one picture.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2007, 02:30:52 PM »

Pitman doesn't look at all out of place with that bass...I think it's awesome that he jumps in there and plays, fuckin alot better than them not playing or imagine if they cancelled. The bitches will bitch no matter what.

yeah Robin looks soooo much like Slash too...please Roll Eyes

Get your heads out of your arses. 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »

Wow.  You're slow.

How?
No shit.

You seem to be insecure about the fact that Robin is not wearing a top hat, leather, and cowboy boots. plus a bandanna from his jeans?
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »

Wow.? You're slow.

How?
No shit.

You seem to be insecure about the fact that Robin is not wearing a top hat, leather, and cowboy boots. plus a bandanna from his jeans?

Let's play a little game.? Tell me which hats looks most like Slash's...

a.

b.

c.

d.

Get it?? Of all the hats in the world, I'd say those two look alike.? When you combine that with the fact that Robin is playing Slash's lead guitar part in Slash's old band, I don't think it's hard to understand why some crazy people would make a far-out, radical statement like, "Robin's hat reminds me of Slash."

It's not a judgement call one way or the other.? It's not choosing sides.? It's just notcing that in this one picture, Robin Finck reminds people of Slash.

Get it?

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2007, 02:54:43 PM »

Sadly, some of them do not.

chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2007, 03:02:56 PM »

The hat is in fact exactly like the hat Jimmy Page used to wear. In fact Jimmy plays the guitar (a les Paul) just like Robin and good ol' Jimmy had a beard!....I think Robin looks like Jimmy Page !!!!

Right on Jimmy Rock's

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2007, 03:18:53 PM »

The hat is in fact exactly like the hat Jimmy Page used to wear. In fact Jimmy plays the guitar (a les Paul) just like Robin and good ol' Jimmy had a beard!....I think Robin looks like Jimmy Page !!!!

Right on Jimmy Rock's

And if Robin Finck joined Zep and this picture was taken while he was playing Stairway to Heaven, I think a lot of people on the Zep forum would say Finck reminds them of Page.

chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »

Right on Jimmy Rock's

And if Robin Finck joined Zep and this picture was taken while he was playing Stairway to Heaven, I think a lot of people on the Zep forum would say Finck reminds them of Page.

What if he joined Zep and wore Slash's tophat? by the way you forgot the beard.

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2007, 03:28:49 PM »

I guess this can go on forever.  If you can't see why that picture might remind someone of Slash, then I guess it can't be explained to you.

You're either stupid or in denial.  Either way, I feel sorry for you. 

Rock on.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2007, 03:40:12 PM »

chriskon72, well maybe but I think his look there is more like a poet from the late 19th century or something.

Let's play a little game.  Tell me which hats looks most like Slash's...

a.

b.

c.

d.

Get it?  Of all the hats in the world, I'd say those two look alike.  When you combine that with the fact that Robin is playing Slash's lead guitar part in Slash's old band, I don't think it's hard to understand why some crazy people would make a far-out, radical statement like, "Robin's hat reminds me of Slash."

It's not a judgement call one way or the other.  It's not choosing sides.  It's just notcing that in this one picture, Robin Finck reminds people of Slash.

Get it?

First of all, a and c are not hats. They are caps.
Find a pic of a silk hat. Or even b in black will do.
Neither a b or c would go well with his look of the day. Those wouldn't fit the occasion either.

Like I said I'm well aware that not every GNR fan knows a shit or two about fashion/style/dressing.
That doesn't mean Robin tries to remind them of somebody else.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »

rofl

Best reply ever.  I take back my comments about you being stupid.  You're obviously a gifted satirist.

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2007, 03:51:53 PM »

Until he releases "Finck's Snakepit"- I won't be calling Robin a Slash rip-off.
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2007, 03:54:31 PM »

I guess this can go on forever.? If you can't see why that picture might remind someone of Slash, then I guess it can't be explained to you.

You're either stupid or in denial.? Either way, I feel sorry for you.?

Rock on.

? Listen man, I was entering this this discussion in a very sarcastic way. I understand certain things remind people of certain people or times...I don't think the word ripping off is right and I think previously in the thread even you stated that fact. I don't like how everything is everyone is so uptight about every little thing. I wrote the Page reference to show how silly and petty all these comparisons are. Hardly any of the statements come in a positive way.... "remember when Slash used to wear hat's, I miss that and I am glad Robin's into wearing hats (what the fuck do I care if he wears a hat, but anyway) TOO BAD SLASH DECIDED TO LEAVE THE BAND. ?In my opinion Thank fuckin'god he looks more like Slash or Page than that Spacefuck he looked like back in 2001-02 and thank god Bumble plays with cap on and not a fuckin Bucket on his head and a raincoat the band looks like a band and that's cool.

? You don't have to feel sorry for me but I appreciate your concern. It's tough being a GNR fan and it takes it toll on all of us I mentioned earlier on that your buddy Pitman looked awesome on the bass and not how he remineded me of Jimmy Steward from the Cult. Everytime Fortus smokes a fag on stage he reminds of Izzy his tattoos remind me of Tracii Gunns. Everytime Stinson spits on stage he reminds me of Duff.

We are screwed if we do - and screwed if we don't.

Does that mean I'm stupid and in denial...guess so.

Cheers

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:56:47 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »

satirist?

anyways I think Robin's is sort like the bohemian look.
chriskon72, jimmy page also had the look of a bohemian, I believe.
Maybe they have similar taste in clothing.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »

Until he releases "Finck's Snakepit"- I won't be calling Robin a Slash rip-off.

I'm not calling him a Slash Rip-off either. 

I just said that in that picture -- compared to other pics we've seen of Robin -- he reminds me of Slash.

That's all. 

Obviously, Finck fans are hyper sensitive.  Any mention of Slash, in any context what-so-ever, sends them into a wierd monkey rage. 

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2007, 04:16:36 PM »

I guess this can go on forever.? If you can't see why that picture might remind someone of Slash, then I guess it can't be explained to you.

You're either stupid or in denial.? Either way, I feel sorry for you.?

Rock on.

? Listen man, I was entering this this discussion in a very sarcastic way. I understand certain things remind people of certain people or times...I don't think the word ripping off is right and I think previously in the thread even you stated that fact. I don't like how everything is everyone is so uptight about every little thing. I wrote the Page reference to show how silly and petty all these comparisons are. Hardly any of the statements come in a positive way.... "remember when Slash used to wear hat's, I miss that and I am glad Robin's into wearing hats (what the fuck do I care if he wears a hat, but anyway) TOO BAD SLASH DECIDED TO LEAVE THE BAND. ?In my opinion Thank fuckin'god he looks more like Slash or Page than that Spacefuck he looked like back in 2001-02 and thank god Bumble plays with cap on and not a fuckin Bucket on his head and a raincoat the band looks like a band and that's cool.

? You don't have to feel sorry for me but I appreciate your concern. It's tough being a GNR fan and it takes it toll on all of us I mentioned earlier on that your buddy Pitman looked awesome on the bass and not how he remineded me of Jimmy Steward from the Cult. Everytime Fortus smokes a fag on stage he reminds of Izzy his tattoos remind me of Tracii Gunns. Everytime Stinson spits on stage he reminds me of Duff.

We are screwed if we do - and screwed if we don't.

Does that mean I'm stupid and in denial...guess so.

Cheers

I agree Slash left the band.? He didn't want to be a part of Chinese Democracy.  It's better that way, because honestly, I can't see Slash fitting in very well with the CD songs.  That band is over.  CD is an album Axl has to make -- for Axl.  It's very personal.  If Slash and Duff can't be a part of that vision, I understand.

I think people are trying too hard to read tons of shit into my statement.  Maybe we can clear this up with another simple game...

In which one of these pictures does Finck look most like Slash:

a.

b.

c.

d.

That's all I'm tryin' to say.  Again, again, again, again, again... no judgement.? Just saying in that one picture, Finck reminds me of Slash.? I think a lot of people that night probably thought the same thing... especially considering he was playing Sweet Child O' Mine's guitar solo in a band called Guns N' Roses.

Somebody said Pitman reminded them of the dude from the Cult.? Great.? I can see it.? Same with the Fortus/Izzy comparisons.? I didn't go into a monkey rage and throw my feces against the wall.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:19:37 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2007, 05:11:22 PM »

In which one of these pictures does Finck look most like Slash:

c.

Thats got my pick? ok
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 05:23:18 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2007, 06:26:45 PM »

Go get a tampon and stuff it in your bleeding vaginas, you big babies.

So, women are babies? Ladies, what do you think of this?

I know you're smart enough not to take that literally.

Don't play dumb.

Sorry, that was just pretty distasteful, even for an internet forum.

Well heavens to Betsy, I do apologize.? I'd hate for a Guns N' Roses forum to be anything even close to distasteful.?

Excuse me while I go listen to AFD, the album with a robot rape scene in the liner notes.?

By the way, I think "pussy full of maggots" is even more distasteful than the idea of a tampon.? You should send your little manners lessons to Axl and the band.? I think they need them more than I do.

You are not in Axl's league, sorry dude.

If you're the world's biggest rock star you can talk about sex and vaginas.? But if you're just a normal dude, you shouldn't have that right.? Gotcha!

Keep up the good work!? ?beer

Gotcha? Yes, I've been so exposed. I should be ashamed.  Roll Eyes

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »

"Bleeding Vaginas Full Of Maggots."

I heard that was a new lyric. Maybe even a song title.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »

Cool pics, cheers

does anyone else think theres quite a resemblence between richard now and izzy back when he was in the band?

especially with that hat, even though i dont think izzy ever wore one like that, it still reminds me of him a fair bit.

Ive always thought they look exactly alike. And i used to thing gilby kinda looked like izzy too

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: