Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blame it on the President.........what happened to IRS?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blame it on the President.........what happened to IRS?  (Read 7536 times)
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« on: November 28, 2016, 08:08:54 PM »

Ok, so yes, I have died and gone to heaven with this tour.  Even on Catcher Medellin, I noticed Axl rasping it up....

I would freak if he played IRS at show, especially with Axl's political posts lately!!!!

Gonna get the IRS

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:10:50 PM »

Bad ass song maybe on the next run.   #gnfnr 2017

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:57:02 PM »

Tweet Duff about it. Tongue
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 05:15:56 AM »

Ok, so yes, I have died and gone to heaven with this tour.  Even on Catcher Medellin, I noticed Axl rasping it up....

I would freak if he played IRS at show, especially with Axl's political posts lately!!!!

Gonna get the IRS

That song is the bomb, atm my favorite on CD and the drumming is superb, when they hit Europe/UK I so hope that is in the set list.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 05:28:42 AM »

Would love to see this come back, I always thought it was even better live than on the record.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 05:31:17 AM »

Would love to see this come back, I always thought it was even better live than on the record.
+1 of the CD songs played at shows, to those who only knew the classic stuff, this one always seemed to get the best response/applause
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 06:59:33 AM »

Fantastic song, on every level. This, Catcher, TWAT, Shacklers. Street Of Dreams, Madagascar- I find it difficult to fault CD on any level whatsoever to be honest. It's near perfect for me, no matter what many others seem to think!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 07:37:59 AM »

https://youtu.be/X1IxA4v5m2k

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 08:14:46 AM »

That's incredible. I often forget quite how good Axl sounded on that 2006 tour- as good as he's ever sounded I'd say.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 01:55:33 PM »

Rock am Ring 2006 version is stellar. yes, Axl's voice is not exactly perfect during the beginning verses, but towards the end, he and Bumble just nail it!
why is it out? hard to say. now, I guess they don't have a guitar virtuoso to do the solo, but they dropped the song long ago, no idea why...

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »

Love the song.  Loved it from that first 30 second leak of dogshit quality that I listened to, non-stop.

Great lyrics, great guitar work.  And yes, the Rock Am Ring 2006 version was excellent.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Executioner
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 03:29:50 PM »

I doubt most fans at the reunion? shows want to hear much from CD ,if anything more from UYIs ,Get in the Ring ,Perfect crime,Back of Bitch or new song's with the reformed trio would be a better idea. beer
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 03:39:52 PM »

I doubt most fans at the reunion? shows want to hear much from CD ,if anything more from UYIs ,Get in the Ring ,Perfect crime,Back of Bitch or new song's with the reformed trio would be a better idea. beer

So you think they'd rather hear new songs they don't know, to ones off Chinese Democracy they don't know? Odd logic!

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 05:35:22 PM »

IRS and Don't Damn Me would be sweet additions to the set list 🤘🏻👅🤘🏻

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 08:11:58 PM »

Rock am Ring 2006 version is stellar. yes, Axl's voice is not exactly perfect during the beginning verses, but towards the end, he and Bumble just nail it!
why is it out? hard to say. now, I guess they don't have a guitar virtuoso to do the solo, but they dropped the song long ago, no idea why...
Richard can do it.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 01:50:43 AM »

Richard can do it.
I don't really think so. he's a really good rhytm guitarist and a good lead guitarist, but not a monster like BH or BBF, as clearly seen at current live ChiDem (the song) - not bad, but not even close to the earlier renditions.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 07:15:38 AM »

Richard can do it.
I don't really think so. he's a really good rhytm guitarist and a good lead guitarist, but not a monster like BH or BBF, as clearly seen at current live ChiDem (the song) - not bad, but not even close to the earlier renditions.

I agree- Richard is a very solid rhythm guitarist, but he doesn;t have that maverick spark that BH and BBF had. Those solos require that personal touch and style and personality- that shone through with BH and BBF, and of course with Slash.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 10:32:44 AM »

Richard can do it.

I agree- Richard is a very solid rhythm guitarist, but he doesn;t have that maverick spark that BH and BBF had. Those solos require that personal touch and style and personality- that shone through with BH and BBF, and of course with Slash.
I think he is capable of pull off that IRS solo, which Im sure he already learned back in 2006 before Bumblefoot was called in. I'm talking about playing it closer to the record than Bumble - even after CD came out, he never really played it as close to the original as he did with Better and Chinese. Keep in mind that the solo is fast, but isn't as technically demanding as Chinese or Better.

All I'm saying is that Richard can do it. Probably he wouldn't anyways, Im sure Slash would play his own take on that solo.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »

I always thought IRS sounded the most like classic GNR of all the CD material. It was probably written around the time Slash left, anyway. I even started recording my own version of how I think Slash would play it, never finished but it sounded really good.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »

Cool rhythm, but not that great of a song.  How about Madagascar or Blues? 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: