Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:08:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 396324 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »

Is there some upside to not saying anything that I am missing, other than perhaps trying to leverage a better deal from GNR?

Really? Nothing else?

You tell me, solider.  Believe I asked if there was something I was missing.

You have another theory?  Now's the time.

Probably has a confidentiality agreement.

Uh-oh...

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »

Is there some upside to not saying anything that I am missing, other than perhaps trying to leverage a better deal from GNR?

Really? Nothing else?

You tell me, solider.  Believe I asked if there was something I was missing.

You have another theory?  Now's the time.

Probably has a confidentiality agreement.

Uh-oh...

To be clear, I meant Ron might have one.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »

I believe the theory is we're not owed shit.

Nope.

That's not something I would've guessed.
At least you're thinking!  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:26 AM »

If Ron decides not to tour when the time comes... I would like to see Robin return ( fingers crossed) even though it's not Robins style of playing as far as Buckets parts.  I would like to see him in some capacity.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #324 on: December 20, 2014, 04:12:15 AM »

Here are my 2 suggestions for when GnR decides to tour again:

1) Just go with the 2 guitarists and give Richard some more solo spots, or...

2) Get a high profile, recognizable guitarist who will bring people in on his own (like back when Whitesnake brought in Steve Vai for a tour), just as a touring guitarist.

While i'm creating different scenarios...here is my dream guitarist to take over for Ron during the next tour (as strictly a guitar player)... Prince!
I thnk that experiment would blow some people's minds.

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »

2) Get a high profile, recognizable guitarist who will bring people in on his own (like back when Whitesnake brought in Steve Vai for a tour), just as a touring guitarist.

Mustaine may have some time on his hands.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2014, 05:10:32 PM »

No, it doesn't.  I agree.

But based on everything we have, I'm asking you, right here right now, what your hunch is.

Why is that so hard to answer?  You aren't under oath.  This is not a deposition.  Its just a question from one fan to another on a message board.

Understood.  I believe I answered as well.  I don't think things look good now.

I just believe now is not the time when how things look really matter in the end.

My mistake.  I missed that.

And I agree, unfortunately.  Doesn't look promising.

I don't like the term, "doesn't look promising"

This is why

I am a fan a of change.  In all things in life.   I think change in guns, WOULD be promising.  Especially if they find a way to bring back Bucket or Robin

Even someone new.  I didn't have a clue who Ron was before he started playing with guns.  And not to take anything away from him.  He plays great live, is great with fans, seems to of had some influence in regards to playing newer stuff life....  BUT, just like I didn't know him and he did all that, I am sure there is someone else out there that can do the exact same thing.

I really hope they stick to the 3 guitar player system though.  While I am sure the current guys are quiet capable of picking up the slack.  I feel, the 3 guitar model, is something that gives guns that IT factor now and is such a joy to see and especially hear live.  
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #327 on: December 21, 2014, 12:56:50 AM »

Copied from PC.com

A Perspective on the Bumblefoot Situation and A Rebuttal on the Blabbermouth Article

Bumble/Ron should avoid the public charade he tends to create.

If Bumble wasn't publicly feigning oppression in just about every interview which asks about GNR, then nobody would be expecting him to make a decisive decision. 

There wouldn't be expectancy on Ron's/Bumble's shoulders if he wasn't so emphatic about the fact that GNR is supposedly ruining his life. What I am saying is that Ron should just be honest about the fact that GNR has done incredible things for life - instead of complaining and whining both publicly and privately at every opportunity.

Somewhere along the line Ron lost the run of himself, He lost sight of what opportunity enabled the lifestyle he lives today. He starts having grandiose visions about what he could do if he left GNR; and Ron started  becoming extremely vocal about the fact that GNR is preventing him from evolving.

According to Ron - and he expresses all of these views publicly on an almost monthly basis - they want him to keep doing the same thing over and over. He tells people that nobody in GNR likes him, Nobody recognizes how important he supposedly  is to the franchise, he cant communicate with mgmt, other people are closer to the boss than he is,  Nobody wants to work with him on new music. 

Even though GNRs has enabled a situation and an opportunity where he is  incredibly well off, living a semi-celebrity lifestyle, and seeing sights in the world that people just dream of; he says life sucks because of Guns N'Roses.

Even though most people that hate their job would have the clear-cut options of swallowing their frustrations, or taking the plunge and quitting; He is in the miraculous position of being afforded incredible leniency by his employer. GNR and management overlooks the fact that he is a real PR liability and not a team player.

It is high time that Ron expressed a degree of gratefulness to GNRs.

But still he complains. Still he  hints at leaving. Still he plays with the emotions of the fans that are desperate for him to give them some certainty of conviction.

Irrespective of romantic notions about artistic freedom and a greater degree of happiness, his indecisiveness about cutting ties with GNRs shows that all of his dramatic outbursts about oppression and depression are exactly that; the drama of somebody that simply  lost sight of how fortunate they really are.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:59:28 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2014, 06:09:30 AM »

he says life sucks because of Guns N'Roses.

When has he said that?  Someone please show me that.

The way the guy talks lends itself to speculation maybe.  I get the vibe that he is always looking for the best situation, but its more a means to have a target to dedicate your energy towards achieving versus shitting on the present because you are not at the target yet.  If he were to say something like "I wish we could get in the studio and make music", half of you people say "oh he's unhappy that Axl isn't in the studio" rant....fuck maybe they just spent a month in the studio but that day someone asked him what would you like to do today and his answer was "I wish we could get in the studio and make music".....people are reading WAAAY to much into this.  Time will tell.  Go wrap some Christmas presents instead.

Ron is a cool mother fucker and wicked guitar player and I hope to see more of him as soon as possible!
 beer

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #329 on: December 21, 2014, 08:49:34 AM »

Copied from PC.com

A Perspective on the Bumblefoot Situation and A Rebuttal on the Blabbermouth Article

I was not going to copy the whole thing to avoid a long duplicate wall of text.

But I agree with every word of this article.  It's enough already.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #330 on: December 21, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »

Ron uses the GNR name to promote his efforts...

hihi @4:36 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCag821E3i8

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »

Copied from PC.com

If Bumble wasn't publicly feigning oppression in just about every interview which asks about GNR, then nobody would be expecting him to make a decisive decision. 

There wouldn't be expectancy on Ron's/Bumble's shoulders if he wasn't so emphatic about the fact that GNR is supposedly ruining his life. What I am saying is that Ron should just be honest about the fact that GNR has done incredible things for life - instead of complaining and whining both publicly and privately at every opportunity.

Somewhere along the line Ron lost the run of himself, He lost sight of what opportunity enabled the lifestyle he lives today. He starts having grandiose visions about what he could do if he left GNR; and Ron started  becoming extremely vocal about the fact that GNR is preventing him from evolving.

According to Ron - and he expresses all of these views publicly on an almost monthly basis - they want him to keep doing the same thing over and over. He tells people that nobody in GNR likes him, Nobody recognizes how important he supposedly  is to the franchise, he cant communicate with mgmt, other people are closer to the boss than he is,  Nobody wants to work with him on new music. 

Even though GNRs has enabled a situation and an opportunity where he is  incredibly well off, living a semi-celebrity lifestyle, and seeing sights in the world that people just dream of; he says life sucks because of Guns N'Roses.

Even though most people that hate their job would have the clear-cut options of swallowing their frustrations, or taking the plunge and quitting; He is in the miraculous position of being afforded incredible leniency by his employer. GNR and management overlooks the fact that he is a real PR liability and not a team player.

It is high time that Ron expressed a degree of gratefulness to GNRs.

But still he complains

I agree with this and I've never really been a fan of the guy.  I remember seeing him play in Philly after his accident.  He seemed to be just craving attention with his facial expressions of "I'm in so much pain standing up here and playing".  If he was really in that much pain, then he didn't have to play.  And if he was playing through pain, then great...but no need for the stupid facial expressions making sure everyone knows your in pain.  Hey look at me, I'm in pain....feel sorry for me, or give me credit for being up here and playing through it.  I didn't buy it.  And I myself have had a serious back injury in sports.  I know not every situation is the same, but I've been around a lot of injuries and I believe he was being dramatic

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #332 on: December 21, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »

Is Bumble a PR liability?
Or, is Ron's status one of the things keeping fans interested in the band?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: December 21, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »

Is Bumble a PR liability?
Or, is Ron's status one of the things keeping fans interested in the band?

For me, I'm not interested in him. I'm interested in new music. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2014, 05:25:07 AM »

Copied from PC.com

I agree with it as well 100% 

D-genX and I have finally found some common ground, it is a Christmas miracle   beer
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:42:17 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #335 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »

Copied from PC.com

I agree with it as well 100% 

D-genX and I have finally found some common ground, it is a Christmas miracle   beer

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #336 on: December 22, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »

I am a fan a of change.  In all things in life.   I think change in guns, WOULD be promising.  Especially if they find a way to bring back Bucket or Robin.

Well, sure.  But neither one of those are happening.

Would be swell lif Slash cam back too, but alas.

Even someone new.  I didn't have a clue who Ron was before he started playing with guns.  And not to take anything away from him.  He plays great live, is great with fans, seems to of had some influence in regards to playing newer stuff life....  BUT, just like I didn't know him and he did all that, I am sure there is someone else out there that can do the exact same thing.

All true.

But I am thinking just in terms of cohesion and continuity.

Now, if they can swap him out for someone else and not miss a beat with whatever they have planned for 2015, then no worries.  But I fear Ron's departure being a convenient scapegoat to explain away another delay.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #337 on: December 22, 2014, 09:31:26 AM »

I really burst out in laughter..... Ron Thal in a convertible rocking out to Welcome to the Jungle with that grin.....LOL

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #338 on: December 22, 2014, 09:34:22 AM »

I am a fan a of change.  In all things in life.   I think change in guns, WOULD be promising.  Especially if they find a way to bring back Bucket or Robin.

Well, sure.  But neither one of those are happening.

Would be swell lif Slash cam back too, but alas.

All true.

But I am thinking just in terms of cohesion and continuity.

Now, if they can swap him out for someone else and not miss a beat with whatever they have planned for 2015, then no worries.  But I fear Ron's departure being a convenient scapegoat to explain away another delay.

I find it amusing that people are anti Ron because he .... wants to write new GNR songs and is ungrateful for the opportunities the band does allow him...

I wont lose any sleep if he does confirm what we all believe... but like I have said many times before and like you just stated... I just worry that his official departure would derail touring plans or release dates.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #339 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »

I really burst out in laughter..... Ron Thal in a convertible rocking out to Welcome to the Jungle with that grin.....LOL

You don't think the music was added later?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: