Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:59:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tour Before Album
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tour Before Album  (Read 1689 times)
brock
Banned
Rocker

« on: August 22, 2006, 11:57:23 PM »

Man, i had wished they wouldn't do this, but its going to happen this way...

If they come out and play the SAME setlists as they did im Europe I will NOT be going..
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:00:58 AM »

They can still release a single any time soon. hope is alll we haavee? Cry
on itunes  Grin
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »

I'm hoping.. They cant be this stupid again.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:03:58 AM »

You know, even if they don't change the set list, I'd still be happy to see them (although the standard set list IS becoming something of a bore now with all the bootlegs). My real problem is that they're doing the same thing they did in 2002, as if none of them learned their lesson. I REALLY hope Axl isn't running off the success of the European tour - GN'R are not only more respected in Europe, but more popular and are considered rock legends whereas in the US they really aren't on the same level. I guess us Yanks just have no taste. But I lived in England half my life and they are BY FAR more popular there - I hadn't heard of GN'R till I moved there. Greatest Hits performed really, really well there and look how well their tour did in Europe. i will never forget when I went to Italy, I went to an obscure beach in Sicily. The locals there realized I was American and a bunch of little kids and some girls started giggling and began playing American music on the jukebox, and kept looking at me and laughing, they were definitely trying to see how I'd react to hearing American songs. One of the first songs they played was KOHD by GN'R.

A lot of Americans I've met have no idea who GN'R even are. It's strange.

And I think the ticket sales on the '02 tour reflected that. Axl needs to drop an album first or he's going to have a tough tour again.

What is it about GN'R? I mean, really. What major band doesn't update their official site for four years? Doesn't announce tour dates through their own PR? Goes on tour twice without an album? Plays (almost) the exact same setlist on each tour, despite having such a huge back catalog of songs? It just seems like GN'R fans have the worst luck when it comes this stuff!  Grin We never get it easy, do we? It's very tough sometimes being a GN'R fan - it's an uphill battle! It's a testament to the band's fanbase - NO other band could have such little interaction with fans and still have people turn out so heavily to shows.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:43 AM »

If they come out and play the SAME setlists as they did im Europe I will NOT be going..

TRust me I doubt you will be missed! lol

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:10:31 AM »

What is it about GN'R? I mean, really. What major band doesn't update their official site for four years? Doesn't announce tour dates through their own PR? Goes on tour twice without an album? Plays (almost) the exact same setlist on each tour, despite having such a huge back catalog of songs? It just seems like GN'R fans have the worst luck when it comes this stuff!? Grin We never get it easy, do we? It's very tough sometimes being a GN'R fan - it's an uphill battle! It's a testament to the band's fanbase - NO other band could have such little interaction with fans and still have people turn out so heavily to shows.

Man, i've been thinking this FOR EVER. Smiley It is pretty weird. and sometimes I get fed up, and I wonder why I am so dedicated to this band, though it feels like they don't even give a crap about anything or anyone. But in the end, I still listen to them EVERYDAY, and go on the boards everyday. I cant and wont give up on this band.
But still, why is that we have to pray for a release date for years on end. No other band is like that. It's an album. Sure this will be a big deal, but awaiting an album shouldn't ever be like what we have endured. It's insane how much shit we've been put through, seriously. It's about time we get some redemption for this long ass wait..
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 12:43:03 AM »

If the CD/SINGLE/MUSIC VIDEO is not out before this second USA tour which should be called the USA 2002 rehash tour part 2 then I won't be going to see GNR live either  rant
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 12:58:40 AM »

I wasnt going to go either. Tired of feeding the AFD cash cow. But theyre coming so close to me, I have to go see them. Its a way to support this new version of GNR, and it could possibly be the last time you ever get to see them. If CD is nowhere in sight, this tour will go down in flames before it ever reaches the other side of the country.

If you are close to these CA shows, you should at least go to one show.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »

You WILL be missed... NOT...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: