Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227850 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hard Skool IS OUT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard Skool IS OUT!  (Read 32789 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2021, 01:08:29 AM »

The guitar parts and the solo really improved, the old solo was very banal. The drums sound poor. Sadly the old intro disappeared but musically i can understand why. Good song.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:10:50 AM by ITARocker » Logged
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2021, 01:13:07 AM »

on a secondary note i wonder if this is GNR emptying the coffers on old songs they wanted to get out there before releasing all new material.

I'm hoping that's their plan. I think a good plan would be release a double album. One consisting of completely new material written by the current band accompanied by re-recorded CD material.

Even it's just like 7 Chinese Democracy demos that would rad.    

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2021, 01:18:06 AM »

The guitar parts and the solo really improved, the old solo was very banal. The drums sound poor. Sadly the old intro disappeared but musically i can understand why. Good song.

I agree completely. The drums are so muffled. Come to think of I can hardly hear any cymbals either. 

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2021, 01:20:27 AM »

All options open for them…they are playing with house money..touring going great and they are a smooth running machine.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2021, 01:30:56 AM »

I agree completely. The drums are so muffled. Come to think of I can hardly hear any cymbals either.  
drums are completely lost… i can understand the punk vibe and the make it simple thing, which is good, but it sounds empty, in particular when the chorus kicks in (‘lend you my hand’) … where is the fuck in climax the old version had?
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2021, 01:46:59 AM »

drums are completely lost… i can understand the punk vibe and the make it simple thing, which is good, but it sounds empty, in particular when the chorus kicks in (‘lend you my hand’) … where is the fuck in climax the old version had?

My sediments exactly. I loved the build-up to the chorus in the old demo version. Frank does do it after the second verse but it doesn't have the same drive or conviction. It sounds like somebody put a blanket over his snare

thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2021, 02:14:04 AM »

it seem every month will be a new song August Absurd September Hard Skool October what will the next song be

and by the way this is much better then the demo love it
peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2021, 03:23:41 AM »

I must say this is a "breath of fresh air"  Grin
Can't wait for the album to come out!

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Vezara
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2021, 05:40:56 AM »

The good times are officially back!  peace
Please do not refer to the demo because it was not intended to be listened to in the first place... I too, am going through the phase of loving the official version and letting go of the demo... Same happened with absurd, and all other leaks from CD Smiley
Is it only me or is hard school an autobiography of the GnR brake up ...?
On the other hand I read into Absurd like its dedicated to all the trolls, media and fans complaining for new music
GunnerJohn73
Opening Act

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2021, 05:55:18 AM »

Listened to this about 8 times before I got to work this morning.  As above, it really is a breath of fresh air.

Not only does it feel straight out of the CD era, but it has a gritty, old school Guns n' Roses feel to it.  Nice introduction, the vocals sound great, Slash on top form.  A triumph.

Now, let's hope the rumours of an EP are true, and that we might see a new album in the not too distant future.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2021, 06:45:33 AM »

Solid f'ckng tune - not much else to say
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2021, 07:12:53 AM »

I had avoided the previous leaks so this was my first listen.

REALLY diggin' it.  It's got a nice hook, great musicality, and sounds like a more traditional GnR tune.  I liked Absurd, but I get it might not be everyone's cup of tea (or expectations, given it's much "punkier" than GnRs more famous tunes).

Two new songs in...what...3 or 4 months time?

Awesome.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Natalie
Headliner

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2021, 07:20:59 AM »

That solo is amazing Shocked

Athens 10/7/06 
Prague 4/7/17
Madrid 29/6/18 
Barcelona 1/7/18
Lincoln 15/10/19
Dallas 1/9/2021
Atlantic city  11&12/9/21
Madrid 9/6/23
Boston 21/8/23
Chicago 24/8/23
Seattle 14/10/23
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2021, 07:22:34 AM »

Any news on songwriting credits ? And who plays on the song . Is it Frank for sure or Brain ? Sounds like Frank I think . I’m really interested to see who wrote the song
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2021, 07:43:35 AM »

CHECKMATE!!!!!  IT'S FINALLY OUTTTTTTTT!!!! OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!  Just woke up to see this.  And it's f'n brilliant!!

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »

REALLY diggin' it.  It's got a nice hook, great musicality, and sounds like a more traditional GnR tune.  I liked Absurd, but I get it might not be everyone's cup of tea (or expectations, given it's much "punkier" than GnRs more famous tunes).

Awesome.

if you are saying Absurd is a leak no it not a leak it was officially release by the band just like hard school was
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2021, 09:14:03 AM »

Awesome.

if you are saying Absurd is a leak no it not a leak it was officially release by the band just like hard school was
I think he’s talking about previous leaks of Hard Skool, Jackie Chan, Checkmate, etc.

This one is much more radio friendly than Absurd. It’s up to #6 on the iTunes chart, FWIW and it’s getting pretty solid reviews across the board from what I can tell. I hope they can keep the momentum going with the tour coming to an end soon.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »

Awesome.

I think he’s talking about previous leaks of Hard Skool, Jackie Chan, Checkmate, etc.

This one is much more radio friendly than Absurd. It’s up to #6 on the iTunes chart, FWIW and it’s getting pretty solid reviews across the board from what I can tell. I hope they can keep the momentum going with the tour coming to an end soon.

ok and i hope hard school get more good reviews can not wait for next month to find out what the next song will be
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »

Extremely positive response from my circle of friends and other assorted FB peeps.

Not a one of them liked 'Absurd'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2021, 10:41:50 AM »

Man, it is such a good time to be a GN'R fan. This is kind of surreal. I mean Who would have thought of that? Two fuckin' songs in a month?! Not in the GN'R world.

Team Brazil: thank you aswell! This band has done a lot more since you guys came on board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: