Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:00:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hard Skool IS OUT!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard Skool IS OUT!  (Read 32787 times)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2021, 10:52:41 AM »

Who am I to tell GNR management what to do, but IMHO, releasing Absurd as a comeback single was a terrible mistake. They should have dropped Hard Skool all the way...Absurd feels more like a B-side and sort of an experimental trip...not saying the song is bad, but it I will definitely let it pile up dust after a couple times listening to it... Hard Skool on the other hand will be a regular on my playlist  ok

Just wondering, when do you think these vocals were recorded? I've seen some people saying it dates back from 1998-2000.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2021, 10:58:22 AM »

Who am I to tell GNR management what to do, but IMHO, releasing Absurd as a comeback single was a terrible mistake. They should have dropped Hard Skool all the way...Absurd feels more like a B-side and sort of an experimental trip...not saying the song is bad, but it I will definitely let it pile up dust after a couple times listening to it... Hard Skool on the other hand will be a regular on my playlist  ok

Just wondering, when do you think these vocals were recorded? I've seen some people saying it dates back from 1998-2000.

It sure sounds a hell of like the same vocals from the demo from that time, yes.

Sort of like 'I.R.S.'  That music was tweaked for 10 years.  But that vocal track was the same one from 1999ish each time, each version.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2021, 11:00:56 AM »

Man, it is such a good time to be a GN'R fan. This is kind of surreal. I mean Who would have thought of that? Two fuckin' songs in a month?! Not in the GN'R world.

Team Brazil: thank you aswell! This band has done a lot more since you guys came on board.

i agree ever since team brazil came mangers they did an awesome job with the band and i'm willing to bet it was Fernando ideal to release a new song each month
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »

Any news on songwriting credits ? And who plays on the song . Is it Frank for sure or Brain ? Sounds like Frank I think . I’m really interested to see who wrote the song
In Tidal it just says:
Composer: Guns N' Roses
Lyricist: Guns N' Roses

So since Absurd mentioned Brain im confident that Frank plays on Hard Skool

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2021, 12:10:44 PM »

Official lyrics anywhere?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2021, 12:18:34 PM »

Finished product sounds amazing, I love everything about it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2021, 12:18:53 PM »

I have no problem whatsoever with them reworking old songs. This is part of this band's history (Don't Cry, November Rain, etc.)

I do, though, wish a completely brand new song emerged, to sort of "prove" that can work as a band again, composing their songs.

That being said, I loved Hard Skool, definately WAY better than Absurd, which I don't even listen to anymore. This will definately get more airplay for me.
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2021, 12:49:35 PM »

Official lyrics anywhere?
Nothing yet.

I found this on Internet...Could someone please tell me if this is it?

Hard Skool (Guns N’ Roses)

All cautions made
Every chance was given
No effort spared
To save what we had
All in good faith
I would not hesitate
To extend myself
And lend you a hand

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Too hardschool
And you thought you were here to stay
If that were true, it wouldn't matter anyway

As tempers fade
And lies forgiven
No God's embrace
Could break what we had
And in it's place
A storm had lifted
I would've thought you could've been more of a man

Too hardschool

Too hardschool

Too hardschool

Too hardschool
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:02:53 PM by Derick » Logged
Bob_pe
Opening Act

together again

« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2021, 01:05:57 PM »

I like the bass introduction and the guitar solos, but drums are predictable, is it a Drum Machine?

On the other hand, Axl is still recycling old material, I would like to listen to something brand new.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2021, 01:07:05 PM »

Man, it is such a good time to be a GN'R fan. This is kind of surreal. I mean Who would have thought of that? Two fuckin' songs in a month?! Not in the GN'R world.

Team Brazil: thank you aswell! This band has done a lot more since you guys came on board.

i agree ever since team brazil came mangers they did an awesome job with the band and i'm willing to bet it was Fernando ideal to release a new song each month

I remember Jarmo asking this board a while back about ideas on releasing new music.  A few people were talking about releasing a new song basically a month apart.  I think two things could happen from here. 1) Keep releasing a song about a month apart.  2) Maybe one more single and then drop album.

I think 2 may be in the works.  Drop another single early November, and then drop album later November .

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2021, 01:07:29 PM »

Extremely positive response from my circle of friends and other assorted FB peeps.

Not a one of them liked 'Absurd'.

From a musicianship stand point I actually like Absurd but not a fan of how it was sung. I feel like it could have been a modern day Garden of Eden type song
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2021, 01:07:41 PM »

I have no problem whatsoever with them reworking old songs. This is part of this band's history (Don't Cry, November Rain, etc.)

Van Halen released reworked songs from the 70's in 2012 and that album had some real cool stuff! I don't have any issues with that either.
I personally think they will keep releasing singles out of reworked stuff from late 90's-2008 era as we know from interviews that Axl has tons of material in the closet.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »

I remember Jarmo asking this board a while back about ideas on releasing new music.  A few people were talking about releasing a new song basically a month apart.  I think two things could happen from here. 1) Keep releasing a song about a month apart.  2) Maybe one more single and then drop album.

I think 2 may be in the works.  Drop another single early November, and then drop album later November .

It will be interesting to see what they do next. if they continue the single release route at what point does it make sense to release a full album if half the tracks are already out there. Now if this was the tease releasing these 2 older songs and an album is next im fine with that too. But im very curious to see whats next because it will really give us an idea as to what their plans may be.
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2021, 01:41:11 PM »

I like the bass introduction and the guitar solos, but drums are predictable, is it a Drum Machine?

On the other hand, Axl is still recycling old material, I would like to listen to something brand new.

ok listen to hard school and you got new music
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:43:11 PM by thomas » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2021, 01:47:37 PM »

I think that was me... I said this:

I’ve been saying all along that I don’t think there next release should be a “record store Tuesday release”… that isn’t how the industry is built anymore. Plus I believe if they do this for say the first hand full of singles it gives them feed back that could eventually change the direction of an eventual compilation release that is aimed at the “physical media” collectors. I think whether or not it’s Hard Skool, there will be a similar pattern either when they hit LA in a week or so… or a month out when they are in Chicago. Hit a “big market” play it to a large audience once or twice then drop it to streaming platforms and release video content. This makes each show a little unique and keeps attention on the tour which makes money. Could be done again in Miami for October, like a serial release (think Stephen King with the Green Mile). Then take it to Europe and elsewhere depending on Covid.

This also gives them plenty of time to work out kinks that have popped up in their past physical releases with rushed artwork, liner notes that weren’t proof read, and other distribution issues. This gets them to the largest consuming audience by attacking streams.

Also Said this:

I agree the song selection was odd… BUT I think Radio like physical release aren’t what anyone is really measuring anymore like they did in the past. Streaming makes up like 80+% of the industry these days.

I’ll be honest I don’t know when the last time I listened to the radio was. My iPhone gets plugged in and I either listen to playlists I built, playlists based off and artist/genre, or podcasts. I don’t want to listen to 7 minutes of music followed by 20 minutes of commercials… also I grew up with pre America’s got Talent Howard Stern so I also don’t need the dozens and dozens of morning or afternoon drive rip offs of his 1980’s and 1990’s persona.

I think this gives Axl the freedom to release what he wants how he wants without having to cater to what “mainstream rock radio” demands, which means we get music.

GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »

Honestly this is my favourite band in the world good for them for touring having a great time but if these last two songs is what  to be expected from the arsenal of music they have then  I’m thoroughly
Disappointed.

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2021, 02:13:54 PM »

Honestly this is my favourite band in the world good for them for touring having a great time but if these last two songs is what  to be expected from the arsenal of music they have then  I’m thoroughly
Disappointed.
OK, see you .

Ali
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:18:13 PM by Ali » Logged
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2021, 02:17:50 PM »

Delighted these songs have been polished up and released officially. There’s gotta be tons of stuff in the vaults that never got to be heard. I’m listening to them all day. Really looking forward to hearing more, I’m really enjoying them. Had to take a drive late last night so I could blast Hard Skool up loud

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2021, 02:18:39 PM »

Honestly this is my favourite band in the world good for them for touring having a great time but if these last two songs is what  to be expected from the arsenal of music they have then  I’m thoroughly
Disappointed.
OK, see you .

Ali

Hahahaha

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »

I hope Crash Diet gets the same treatment and gets an official release

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: