Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hard Skool IS OUT!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard Skool IS OUT!  (Read 32787 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2021, 02:40:03 PM »

I hope Crash Diet gets the same treatment and gets an official release

The stance on that song is that IS NOT a Guns N' Roses song. That is a West Arkeen song that Axl co wrote and planned on recording with another band. It was more of a song writing project for Axl and West than a Guns n Roses Project.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2021, 03:24:16 PM »

I have a question for anybody that are familiar with the leaks.

During the melodic solo in Hard Skool I keep hearing Axl singing "hey" in the background. For me, it sounds just like the hey section from the leaked song "Eye on You".

It's during the part part when he sings " I know you're think bad, but who's the MacDaddy".

Or maybe I'm just hearing things, I did listen to the song on repeat on my drive home early this morning from work. And my drive takes 50 mins.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2021, 04:06:16 PM »

Well, only one listen in (I'm taking it slow so I don't burn out on it) and I'm somewhat impressed and somewhat "meh". I was expecting the same as Absurd, where it's basically just Slash and Duff playing over the exact same song structure, so it was a pleasant surprise to hear the new melodic section in the middle. Also a surprise because Slash seems to have been getting less and less melodic over time. It does feel like he actually put effort into this beyond what he does with Myles and I wasn't expecting that either. However, the little embellishments he added to make the chord changes into more of a riff just sound like aimless noodling.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2021, 04:54:48 PM »

During the melodic solo in Hard Skool I keep hearing Axl singing "hey" in the background. For me, it sounds just like the hey section from the leaked song "Eye on You".

It's during the part part when he sings " I know you're think bad, but who's the MacDaddy".

Or maybe I'm just hearing things, I did listen to the song on repeat on my drive home early this morning from work. And my drive takes 50 mins.

I was thinking the same.
Anyway im glad the song is out. 
I wonder if these are standalone releases or apart of a coming album. Soon we will know more.

What do you think. Did the extremely positive response of the Hard Skool leak couple years ago motivate them to re-record and release it, or was it coming anyway?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2021, 05:37:08 PM »

This is just a theory on my part but I think this actually might be something the guys meaning Slash & Duff are doing for Axl probably because they know songs that he wrote or came up with from as far back as the mid 90s are probably very important to Axl and so they are putting out these singles to kind of clean out the coffers of old material. I could be just fantasizing but i think there is gonna be alot more music from these guys in the future meaning music they have written since rejoining but also putting out Chinese Democracy era music. In the end I think we as fans are the winners if this obviously does happen cuz we get GNR music.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »

I think we as fans are the winners.
Absolutely.
We have new GN'R music. hasent happened since 2008!

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2021, 05:57:08 PM »

I was thinking the same.
Anyway im glad the song is out. 
I wonder if these are standalone releases or apart of a coming album. Soon we will know more.

What do you think. Did the extremely positive response of the Hard Skool leak couple years ago motivate them to re-record and release it, or was it coming anyway?

There's no doubt in my mind that the buzz the Hard Skool demo generated definitely made the band take notice. But, if I'm being honest, I believe given the lukewarm response Absurd received they had steer the ship back in the right direction. Hence the second new release in less than 2 months.

As much as G n' R likes to do things their way, it still is a business. As for their plan I'm guessing some sort of album is coming. With the christmas season approaching and singles being released that seems the logical path.  

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2021, 07:05:44 PM »

This is just a theory on my part but I think this actually might be something the guys meaning Slash & Duff are doing for Axl probably because they know songs that he wrote or came up with from as far back as the mid 90s are probably very important to Axl and so they are putting out these singles to kind of clean out the coffers of old material. I could be just fantasizing but i think there is gonna be alot more music from these guys in the future meaning music they have written since rejoining but also putting out Chinese Democracy era music. In the end I think we as fans are the winners if this obviously does happen cuz we get GNR music.

I think that's a valid possibility.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2021, 07:20:07 PM »

https://gnrmerch.com/

Hard Skool merch, including 7" vinyl, cd-single and cassette.

The cd-single (more of a maxi-single maybe) and cassette ships February 25, 2022... indication of time frame for the album??

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 07:36:49 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2021, 07:32:36 PM »

Tracklist for the maxi-single:

1. Hard Skool
2. ABSUЯD
3. Don’t Cry (Live)
4. You’re Crazy (Live)

Hopefully they'll do a digital release for the live cuts as well.

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2021, 07:46:19 PM »

Whoa! Not sure thats good news regarding the album or not.

Meanwhile if you wanna buy the song in lossless quality (which i recommend every downloading motherfucker to do)
https://www.qobuz.com/fi-en/album/hard-skool-guns-n-roses/icex1lfcxmtta?qref=dpa

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:08 PM »

Just speculation on my part. Could very well be there are production issues (delays) these days.

Sweetness is a virtue
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:34 PM »

The vinyl has a different tracklisting. Live version of Absurd!

:Hard Skool Black 7inch Vinyl

Tracklist:
Hard Skool – Side A
ABSUЯD (Live) – Side B

Also the vinyl is damn expensive 30$

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2021, 08:23:13 PM »

I hope Crash Diet gets the same treatment and gets an official release

Well, AMEN to that  Smiley

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2021, 09:12:40 PM »

Just speculation on my part. Could very well be there are production issues (delays) these days.

There absolutely are. Justin Hawkins of The Darkness just announced they have to delay their album due to scarcity of raw vinyl. Blame the people buying vinyl flooring!

I'm not sure why you'd think that indicates a time frame for the album though. Why release the album around the same time as the preceding single? I do think it lays to rest the ridiculous expectations that the album would come out before the end of the year though. Nobody in their right mind leaves such little time for promotion.

The vinyl has a different tracklisting. Live version of Absurd!

That's awesome. Absurd is WAY better as a live track.

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2021, 09:18:14 PM »

There absolutely are. Justin Hawkins of The Darkness just announced they have to delay their album due to scarcity of raw vinyl. Blame the people buying vinyl flooring!

I'm not sure why you'd think that indicates a time frame for the album though. Why release the album around the same time as the preceding single? I do think it lays to rest the ridiculous expectations that the album would come out before the end of the year though. Nobody in their right mind leaves such little time for promotion.

I dont know. Hard Skool cd is coming out in February so that means in my logic that the album would be coming out after that. If there is an album. Normally these days you drop the single, then announce the album thats gonna ship in some months. Now we have the same thing but for the single only.

Btw the vinyl price dropped its 18$ now.

I just bited the bullet and spent 100$ on the Hard Skool vinyl, cd. Illusions cap and coffee mug. smoking

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2021, 10:11:29 PM »

Like Hard Skool, but seeing all this merch for a single, and waiting until February to release a physical copy feels like a bit of a letdown, as I was building hope  for an album release in November.  Now it feels like this it for a while. And is the merch to promote the song, or did they release the song to promote the merch?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:13:03 PM by 14 Yrs Of Silence » Logged

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2021, 10:36:35 PM »

HS cd pre-ordered.

Guessing the February timeframe means spring for an album at the earliest. Which makes sense, hopefully COVID is more under control and they can tour more extensively then.

In the meantime, thrilled to be able to buy a GNR CD for the first time since 2008!
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2021, 11:05:41 PM »

Pre ordered almost all of it…great to buy new GNR physical release and merchandise
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2021, 11:46:04 PM »

February?

Seems so random.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: