Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:08:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Hard Skool IS OUT!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hard Skool IS OUT!  (Read 32785 times)
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2021, 12:24:40 AM »

February?

Seems so random.

Maybe for Axl's birthday lol. maybe he gives us a gift.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #121 on: September 25, 2021, 12:42:58 AM »

Like Hard Skool, but seeing all this merch for a single, and waiting until February to release a physical copy feels like a bit of a letdown, as I was building hope  for an album release in November.  Now it feels like this it for a while. And is the merch to promote the song, or did they release the song to promote the merch?

I was thinking the same. That is a lot of push to wait until February with everything available in digital anyway. It doesn't make any sense to wait that long
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2021, 12:48:48 AM »

I kinda wish Absurd was gettin some merch.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2021, 01:41:44 AM »

Like Hard Skool, but seeing all this merch for a single, and waiting until February to release a physical copy feels like a bit of a letdown, as I was building hope  for an album release in November.  Now it feels like this it for a while. And is the merch to promote the song, or did they release the song to promote the merch?

November?! What in the world gave you the idea they would release an album with less than one month's notice?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 01:44:00 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2021, 02:48:04 AM »

I was listening to Sirius Volume this pass week and one of the guest host mentioned how they know somebody in the vinyl industry. That person stated that there is now somewhat of a queue with vinyl pressings. In other words, any up and coming releases have actually been planned well in advance.  They also mentioned how they know about a slue of releases that nobody will see coming.

So if there is indeed a queued line up for vinyl pressings then I think it's safe to say there's no new album until next spring.  And this is not on the band, obviously.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2021, 05:15:08 AM »

Like Hard Skool, but seeing all this merch for a single, and waiting until February to release a physical copy feels like a bit of a letdown, as I was building hope  for an album release in November.  Now it feels like this it for a while. And is the merch to promote the song, or did they release the song to promote the merch?

November?! What in the world gave you the idea they would release an album with less than one month's notice?

November is more than a month away.

If you look back to 2008, Chinese was officially announced exactly one month before release. So, maybe GNR gave that idea?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2021, 06:38:36 AM »

Waiting till February 2022 to release the physical copy is an indicator that we may not see an album in November though, unless they are planning a digital release for November and then a physical copy release for May/June next year, which really wouldn't make too much sense.

Isn't Slash releasing his album in February 2022?  I don't think both Conspirators and Guns albums will be launched in the same month. So Feb is already ruled out for a potential Guns album release.

In the meantime, we may get another single. Who knows....

In any case, Hard Skool rocks! Just can't get enough of it. 

I feel a similar level of excitement that sort of reminds me when Oh my God was released in Oct'99. I was living in Virginia at the time, I went to Best Buy, grabbed me a copy of the End of Days soundtrack, drove home and played the song at least 20 times in a row. It felt like opening a Christmas present when I was a kid.

A few nights ago I felt that sensation again, the same excitement, the same thrill.

I hadn't felt this way not even with the leaks back in 2006 or even when I downloaded Madagascar for the first time off Napster in 2001.

thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2021, 08:13:47 AM »

i love the 2 studio songs we got from the gnr camp Absurd is a ok song love it but hard school is a rocker remind me of old school gnr from the 80's and early 90's to me slash and duff is all over this song
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2021, 11:28:16 AM »

The more i hear this song, the more I love it and it just gets stuck in my head.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »

Like Hard Skool, but seeing all this merch for a single, and waiting until February to release a physical copy feels like a bit of a letdown, as I was building hope  for an album release in November.  Now it feels like this it for a while. And is the merch to promote the song, or did they release the song to promote the merch?

I was thinking the same. That is a lot of push to wait until February with everything available in digital anyway. It doesn't make any sense to wait that long

Maybe the plan is to put out another single or two?  One in November and another a couple weeks before album.  You’re assuming no new music would hit until Feb. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Derick
Headliner

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2021, 02:32:20 PM »

Maybe I missed something but is there any solid evidence that the band has plans to release an album? All I can remember is some of them saying they were working on some stuff. And, in my understanding, this stuff is these two singles.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2021, 03:03:10 PM »

I'd be surprised if they didn't release an album.

But I think the timing is right. Look at Greta Van Fleet and Coldplay for example. They released singles way before the release date of their albums.
GunnerJohn73
Opening Act

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »

Have pre-ordered the cd, 7” vinyl and cassette.  I had to, right???
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2021, 07:33:27 PM »

If you look back to 2008, Chinese was officially announced exactly one month before release. So, maybe GNR gave that idea?

CD was announced in 1999 or 2000 as I recall.

PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2021, 07:35:59 PM »

Maybe I missed something but is there any solid evidence that the band has plans to release an album? All I can remember is some of them saying they were working on some stuff. And, in my understanding, this stuff is these two singles.

Slash said in January of 2020 that they were basically done with it and figuring out how to release it. Fernando said in some message board that it was targeted to release in March 2020 but then the pandemic hit.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

CD was announced in 1999 or 2000 as I recall.

Not the release date.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2021, 10:49:53 PM »

Didn't care for Absurd to much.  Cool that it was a new release but just wasn't very pleasing to my ear.  Hard Skool on the other hand is awesome.  I can't stop listening to it.  I wish they had released and played it at the Indianapolis show that I was at!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2021, 01:04:21 PM »

Anyone think about the lyrics?  It sounds like it could be able the attempts to keep GN'R together back in 96 or so.  Maybe I'm always looking into things but feels like Hard Skool, Sorry, even Street of Dreams has elements of that.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2021, 06:02:50 PM »

Not the release date.

I didn't say the release date. I said this album has not even been announced at all. No official acknowledgement it even exists yet.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2021, 06:16:22 PM »

if you are saying Absurd is a leak no it not a leak it was officially release by the band just like hard school was

No, I was referring to the fact that a version of Hard Skool had leaked out awhile back, and I actively avoided listening to in that form.

I know Absurd was an official release.  I liked that too.  I do think Hard Skool is a little closer to what the casual fans would consider GnR.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: