Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 175816 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #520 on: August 29, 2008, 02:40:14 PM »

GNR/Axl owe us nothing.  We're owed free music since we've waited so long?  Sure that'd be nice, but where in God's handbook does it say that so called fans (I really question that with some of you) deserve to hear an artists music before that artist is ready to release it?

It's always an instant  showstopper  when someone uses the leathal  "Axl doesnt owe us shit!!!" and "you aren't a real fan!" - combo.
Eventhough that paragaraph  alone is enough to make me feel ashamed I was ever  born, I'm still gonna reply, just to humor you:(

The whole Axl owes as shit! Yes/no? Is something so abstract that it is propably impossible to have a proper discussion about it.
The question here isn't what  Axl does or doesn't owe  to fan community as much as what the fan community has earned.

10 years of rutheless cock teasing gives a fan community a collective hard on. The collective cock of fan community gets rubbed between titties of Chinese Democracy  in a very pleasant fashion. 
The collective even gets to smoke pot off these said titties. smoking
It's all fine and good for a while. But the teasing goes on.And on. And on.   Community just! doesn't! get! laid!

After a long while, Chinese Democracy says "Look, I'm gonna go to a bathroom. In few months, I might come out and then i will fuck your brains out hun:) It is not a promise or a lie or anything but..the door just might open in few months, boi;)"
Community gets so exited! And waits and waits and waits. Few months change into few  years, bathroom door stays closed.
Some guys lose their hard on, some just keep staring at the door, maintaining self control in some submissive buddhish state of mind.

All of a sudden, Community  get offered a selection of hot greasy  pics of Chinese Democracy posing in very revealing positions, and majority eagerly   grabs them and starts   wanking off, it's not like the bathroom  door was going to  open anytime soon anyway.

Can you honestly say the wankers havent earned their right to smash their right hand into a large half melt butter to make it nice and greasy, get on their backs on a nice polar bear rug and wank their own brains out?

Really, in all seriousness, with his/her Jesus-like suffering, a GNR fan has earned the full right to download every fucking leak he comes across, if he/she  chooses to.

I once again bring up Kid Rock's view on the subject (obviously joking).  This is aimed at those of you saying, "the artists are already rich, what's the big deal?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCADfZD-eg

Kid Rock..and others doing this comparsion are way off.  It's still a form of stealing, taking music from net. Sure. But unless you are walking around with some sort of miniature cloning device iwhen entering shop, it isn't really comparable to examples he mentions now is it?
If you have some time in your hands, I warmly recommend following article;
http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html
It's other POV to this all,by someone who has worked somewhere inbetween a label and artist for a while.
Also, it's free of Kid Rock's Debate 101 -level insights.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 02:52:46 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #521 on: August 29, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »

You can see the FBI arrest report on The Smoking Gun (nice irony!)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0827082gnr1.html
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #522 on: August 29, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »

It's always an instant  showstopper  when someone uses the leathal  "Axl doesnt owe us shit!!!" and "you aren't a real fan!" - combo.
Eventhough that paragaraph  alone is enough to make me feel ashamed I was ever  born, I'm still gonna reply, just to humor you:(

The whole Axl owes as shit! Yes/no? Is something so abstract that it is propably impossible to have a proper discussion about it.
The question here isn't what  Axl does or doesn't owe  to fan community as much as what the fan community has earned.

10 years of rutheless cock teasing gives a fan community a collective hard on. The collective cock of fan community gets rubbed between titties of Chinese Democracy  in a very pleasant fashion. 
It's all fine and good for a while. But the teasing goes on.And on. And on.   Community just! doesn't! get! laid!

After a long while, Chinese Democracy says "Look, I'm gonna go to a bathroom. In few months, I might come out and then i will fuck your brains out hun:) It is not a promise or a lie or anything but..the door just might open in few months, boi;)"
Community gets so exited! And waits and waits and waits. Few months change into few  years, bathroom door stays closed.
Some guys lose their hard on, some just keep staring at the door, maintaining self control in some submissive buddhish state of mind.

All of a sudden, Community  get offered a selection of hot greasy  pics of Chinese Democracy posing in very revealing positions, and majority eagerly   grabs them and starts   wanking off, it's not like the bathroom  door was going to  open anytime soon anyway.

Can you honestly say the wankers havent earned their right to smash their right hand into a large half melt butter to make it nice and greasy, get on their backs on a nice polar bear rug and wank their own brains out?

Really, in all seriousness, with his/her Jesus-like suffering, a GNR fan has earned the full right to download every fucking leak he comes across, if he/she  chooses to.

I once again bring up Kid Rock's view on the subject (obviously joking).  This is aimed at those of you saying, "the artists are already rich, what's the big deal?"

That's, ah, well, an interesting way to illustrate a very good point. It has been an ongoing cock tease for years.

I mean the nutswingers are getting old when they jump up and down saying "Axl doesn't owe you anything!" "Axl didn't promise anything!" or "You're not a real fan if you don't support GNR as they go on another tour that will likely be aborted before all the dates are played!" 
No, Axl doesn't owe us anything (unless you count the millions of dollars and fame he's gotten from the support of the fan community) and he didn't promise us anything (unless you count all the times he's said it'll be out soon). However, that's not a legitimate argument against being frustrated with the wait CD (which is actually a wait to give GNR more money).

I don't think the actions of the guys who leaked this and made it available are ethical, but I can't blame fans who want to hear the music. The people that leaked it shouldn't have. I think anyone who is a fan who downloaded these songs will and SHOULD buy the CD. I think anyone who downloaded these with the intent of not buying the CD is in the wrong.

I'm hoping it will come out this year. I think it's a monkey on GNR's back, as well as the fan community as a whole. Get it out, flick that boogie off your finger and let's move on to the next phase of whatever GNR does. If it's in stores, you don't have to worry about people leaking it anymore, they can go buy it.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #523 on: August 29, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

I think Slash was talkin' about the whole picture of this new trend of leaking tracks (which is stealing, yes), not just about this GN'R case. And he's not the only one who's pissed off..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #524 on: August 29, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »

GNR/Axl owe us nothing.  We're owed free music since we've waited so long?  Sure that'd be nice, but where in God's handbook does it say that so called fans (I really question that with some of you) deserve to hear an artists music before that artist is ready to release it?

Kid Rock..and others doing this comparsion are way off.  It's still a form of stealing, taking music from net. Sure. But unless you are walking around with some sort of miniature cloning device iwhen entering shop, it isn't really comparable to examples he mentions now is it?
It's other POV to this all,by someone who has worked somewhere inbetween a label and artist for a while.

WOW and I thought I was the king of sexual analogies! NICE!

We've fought wars on HGTGH over the whole are we owed argument. Not sure I want to restart that one.

But Fuck it, why not?

I don't feel a musician owes us anything under normal circumstances.  Bon Jovi just finished Lost Highway and had a huge tour so if they don't want to ever release another album thats fine.

With GNR, its just different and yes I feel we are "OWED" chinese Democracy. Now, read carefully people ready to flame, he can give it to us when HE chooses. We aren't OWED the album by a certain date but he does owe the fanbase and most importantly himself and the musicians who put their time,energy and careers on the line for this project.

If Axl came out after Slash,Duff left and said, Fuck it, I am done, etc. he owes us nothing.

But to tease this album title and it will come out we are looking for this Summer, This fall it will be out blah blah blah, Tour twice etc Yeah, once u promise something thats when u then OWE the people u promised.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:18:28 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #525 on: August 29, 2008, 03:16:51 PM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/29/judge-says-arrest-of-chinese-democracy-leaker-was-dramatic/

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #526 on: August 29, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »

ummm.... can i hire you to be my speech writer?Huh lol... very good and TRUE points. we have earned a bit...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #527 on: August 29, 2008, 03:29:09 PM »

Press Release

For Immediate Release
August 29, 2008

Washington D.C.
    FBI National Press Office
    (202) 324-3691

FBI?s Top Ten News Stories for the Week Ending August 29, 2008

1. Atlanta: Top Ten Fugitive Nabbed

Michael Jason Registe, who was added to the FBI?s Top Ten Fugitives on July 28, 2008, was arrested in St. Maarten on August 27, 2008. Full story

2. FBI Issues Alert on the Hit Man E-Mail Scam

The FBI and its partner, the Internet Crime Complaint Center, are warning the public not to fall victim to the various Hit Man scams and to report them at the IC3 website, www.IC3.gov. Full story

3. Houston: U.S. District Judge Charged

Samuel B. Kent, U.S. District Judge, was charged with the attempted aggravated sexual assault and abusive sexual contact of a Deputy Clerk assigned to his courtroom. Full story

4. Los Angeles: Arrest on Copyright Infringement Charges for Internet Posting

Kevin Cogill was arrested on charges of violating federal copyright laws by posting nine songs from Guns N? Roses' unreleased album Chinese Democracy on his website. Full story: http://losangeles.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel08/la082708usa.pdf

http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel08/topten_082908.htm

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #528 on: August 29, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »

It's always an instant  showstopper.....<snipped because I couldn't bear to quote such utter tosh>...and wank their own brains out?

I've read some sexist crap on this board on occasions but that analogy has to be the most ridiculously puerile one yet.

Oh please get a grip, "Jesus-like suffering", why, just because Axl won't dance to your tune and release the album when you demand it?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #529 on: August 29, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »

It's always an instant  showstopper.....<snipped because I couldn't bear to quote such utter tosh>...and wank their own brains out?

I agree! That has to be the most annoying thing people say on all these boards.  In a whiney, child like voice "Axl doesnt owe you nothing"  Boo Hoo!  NO SHIT.  If I were running this board, I would delete every persons quote that mentions that line. Like there is any person who feels he or she is "owed" something from an artist. But every time, some idiot has to come on here and say it.  Others that come close:1" you are just pissed off because he will not release it when you demand it. 2) it will come out when the time is right. Some of you guys need to stop over thinking every post and acting like you know or have to protect axl.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #530 on: August 29, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

I've read some sexist crap on this board on occasions but that analogy has to be the most ridiculously puerile one yet.

Thank you  Smiley 
There really isn't anything sexist about that at all though. Only one there who got used was the half way melted butter. Undecided
If that got you into "Sexist pig!!" - mode..then please, please stay away from some of the GNR lyrics.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:31:33 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #531 on: August 29, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »

U know what I still find ironic........

Sony is one of the biggest record labels in the world and are against P2P and downloading music YET they sell CD Burners.

Hypocrisy at its finest. Thats worse than Walmart censoring music but selling video games where u can rape and murder people.

makane
Legend

« Reply #532 on: August 29, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »

U know what I still find ironic........

Sony is one of the biggest record labels in the world and are against P2P and downloading music YET they sell CD Burners.

Hypocrisy at its finest. Thats worse than Walmart censoring music but selling video games where u can rape and murder people.

P2P(downloading) doesn't have anything to do with burners.

People, read the article lefttodecay posted a few posts ago.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #533 on: August 29, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »

NOTHING entitles anyone to download illegal leaks. 

I'm no hypocrite.   I was weak and I downloaded leaks.   It was wrong.   There is no justification for it.   But stop comparing GnR fans to Jesus.  You aren't owed a goddamn thing.

The fans are the ones in the wrong here.   Shame on those who actively seek out leaked material and release it to everyone.  All they are doing is fucking everything up for the band and ultimately for us.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #534 on: August 29, 2008, 04:32:52 PM »

Leaking and illegally downloading music is wrong case closed.  You ever think that you can do other stuff with CD Burners instead of buring music on a disk from a artist ??

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #535 on: August 29, 2008, 04:42:58 PM »

Leaking and illegally downloading music is wrong case closed.  You ever think that you can do other stuff with CD Burners instead of buring music on a disk from a artist ??

Sure, and most people buy rolling papers to smoke homemade cigarettes! Roll Eyes

makane
Legend

« Reply #536 on: August 29, 2008, 04:43:01 PM »

NOTHING entitles anyone to download illegal leaks. 

I'm no hypocrite.   I was weak and I downloaded leaks.   It was wrong.   There is no justification for it.   But stop comparing GnR fans to Jesus.  You aren't owed a goddamn thing.

The fans are the ones in the wrong here.   Shame on those who actively seek out leaked material and release it to everyone.  All they are doing is fucking everything up for the band and ultimately for us.

That's just... awesome. You are no hypocrite.

You can't blame the people who download it, you need to blame the source/ancient delivery methods of music.

I download music "illegally", and will continue to do so until record companies fall down on their knees and comply with the real world.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #537 on: August 29, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »

You can't blame the people who download it, you need to blame the source/ancient delivery methods of music.
whats ancient about it?  you can now buy mp3s on amazon and get music from itunes..  you can order cd's from the internet and have them delivered to your house.    what do you want?

I download music "illegally", and will continue to do so until record companies fall down on their knees and comply with the real world.
and what would fit the defintion of "comply with the real world"?  give it away all for free?   Thats not how this world works.   Its wrong and theres nothing to justify it.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #538 on: August 29, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »

Sure, and most people buy rolling papers to smoke homemade cigarettes! Roll Eyes

So im sure your the one who will be going to Wal wart or best buy to purchase Chinese Democracy  rofl

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #539 on: August 29, 2008, 04:55:50 PM »

hihi

I don't have anything against Wal Mart. Great prices on food, I buy shit there all the time. I don't care how they treat their employees. If u don't like being treated like shit at your job: GO TO COLLEGE!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: