Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:03:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blogger arrested, accused of posting 9 unreleased Guns N' Roses songs  (Read 174506 times)
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #940 on: March 18, 2009, 03:10:50 PM »

I'm sorry if this has been answered but where did he get the leaks from that he posted?
That is the million dollar question.

Seems like it's deserving of an answer doesn't it?

I wonder who can be so stupid enough to steal a disc from the band.
I don't think the disc was stolen from the band. Some people in or close to the band had the finished product before it went into production.
The 2006 leaks were alledgely stolen in Spain. I don't think any actions were taken against those who took the demos.

All the shit from MSL was allegedly gotten from people in portugal, I believe.  That was like 5 or 6 songs or something. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #941 on: March 19, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »

Not when the thing in question can be infinitely reproduced - for nothing - with the click of a button.

So what you're saying is that since a copy can be made for free, it's not stealing.

But to get the music legally, you have to pay. It has a price.

Instead of paying for it, you take it for free. Isn't the the definition of theft?

You don't want to be labeled a thief because you're saying you didn't take anything away from anybody (other than an income).

Why not apply this logic to other things?

Electricity can be made for virtually free too. Use the wind and/or sun.

What if you hook up all your electronics to your neighbor's outlet? Just tell him/her that you didn't steal anything. He/she still has electricity too.

hihi

/jarmo

Jarmo the people who downloaded leaked material did not steal anything under the premise of it being news not entertainment. 

Again 99.9% of members on this forum who downloaded the leaked material have also bought the album so the band and Axl did not loose money from those people.   The idea that every single person who downloaded the album never bought it is insane and that is what the RIAA is trying to sell.

Again I am not defending the blogger who posted the leaked material he had ZERO RIGHT TO DO SO.

As for those who said it ruined the surprise well it's their own bloody fault for listening to the leaks.  They are 100% responsible for that.   

As for the larger question of should someone download music for free.  To me if the music is leagally avaible to purchase in your area then you should buy it unless the record companies are charging way to much money (NIN new CD was $10 more then other artists because the record labels said they can charge that much for NIN records this was done against the artists wishes) then I do think finding alternatives means is fine.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #942 on: March 19, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »

As for those who said it ruined the surprise well it's their own bloody fault for listening to the leaks.  They are 100% responsible for that.   

It's their own fault, but this guy still took the right away from the artist.

The right to choose how, when and at what cost people would hear the music.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRFAN20
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2009, 10:31:01 AM »

It is the persons decision to whether or not download the tracks and ruin it for themselves.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #944 on: March 20, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »

It is the persons decision to whether or not download the tracks and ruin it for themselves.

Yeah, but it sure is a lot easier when somebody posts the leaks on his web site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #945 on: March 20, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »

Yeah, but it sure is a lot easier when somebody posts the leaks on his web site.

/jarmo
That is true. And let's face it, it can be really hard to control yourself. I never visited this guy's site, but I understand why people were tempted to do so.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #946 on: March 20, 2009, 11:09:06 AM »

poor chap might be going to jail for 6 months for putting some songs on his website!  If anything, it just promoted the record more

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #947 on: March 20, 2009, 11:12:08 AM »

poor chap might be going to jail for 6 months for putting some songs on his website!  If anything, it just promoted the record more

Well, people seem to dissagree on that...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #948 on: March 20, 2009, 12:03:14 PM »

Well, people seem to dissagree on that...

Unfortunately so.  I really doubt it had any negative impact anyways.  Im sure most people interested enough in downloading the songs proabably went on to buy the dam thing.  The last thing they need is to become Lars ulrich 2.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #949 on: March 20, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »

the guy was just plain stupid.

on the other hand, to be facing jail time for releasing some demos on the internet makes me really sad about the society we live in.

homo homini lupus...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #950 on: March 20, 2009, 12:12:23 PM »

the guy was just plain stupid.

on the other hand, to be facing jail time for releasing some demos on the internet makes me really sad about the society we live in.

Couldn't agree more!  I mean, it was really stupid, but JAIL! 

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #951 on: March 20, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »

He didn't promote the record it was unfinished demo's.  6 months in jail is alittle harsh, hit him with a big fine.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #952 on: March 20, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »

Kevin C. took away an artists right, what may have seemed harmless to many, no matter HOW you look at it, at the end of the day it was not his right to do so. no                                                                                                     

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #953 on: March 20, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »

Regardless he did not have the right to put it on his site.  But at the end of the day some other blogger would have put it up.  Once the person who stole the demos want intent on putting them on the web it was going to happen. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #954 on: March 20, 2009, 07:35:03 PM »

Regardless he did not have the right to put it on his site.  But at the end of the day some other blogger would have put it up. 

It's a competition to be seen and get noticed.

It comes with a price though.

/jarmo

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #955 on: March 21, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »

For those who think its so unfair to the guy, don't you think he ruined some experiences by showing us almost finished versions of Prostitute and If the World, for example?

I mean, he released the songs about 5 months before the album hit the shelves. We could have make it without this batch of songs.

don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #956 on: March 21, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »

But at the time, none of us (probably including the blog guy) knew the album would be due in five months, and we were all eager and desperate to hear new music, however it was given to us.  If a bone is thrown to us, we will take it, if we don't know that a gourmet meal is coming up soon.

And also, If The World was really different and cool and helped keep me excited. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
greekmule
Rocker

« Reply #957 on: March 21, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »

no, he didn't ruin anything for me.

all of those people who complain about that have noone to blame but themselves. If they wanted to hear CD fresh they shouldn't have downloaded the demos, end of story.

homo homini lupus...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #958 on: March 21, 2009, 06:03:05 PM »

no, he didn't ruin anything for me.

all of those people who complain about that have noone to blame but themselves. If they wanted to hear CD fresh they shouldn't have downloaded the demos, end of story.
Demo's shouldn't have been available to download Tongue

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
greekmule
Rocker

« Reply #959 on: March 21, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »

noone said they should. but it is not like he came into our houses and forced us to listen to them.

each of us who downloaded them (myself included) consciously downloaded unfinished unreleased material, so they have noone to blame but themselves for ruining the suprise ok

homo homini lupus...
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: