Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Use Your Illusion outtakes
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Use Your Illusion outtakes  (Read 7228 times)
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »

Also, it's my personal belief that Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon and Sentimental Movie are from the UYI sessions AFTER Steven's firing, and BEFORE Matt's hiring - hence the use of the drum machine and not an actual drummer.

I understand the confusion, it is almost all the time labeled as UYI songs. I don't see how you can listen to Sentimentel Movie and think that is from UYI . The song is possibly one of the lamest Demo songs ever. If that song is from UYI era I would denounce the band for ever!
It sounds like it's Slash/duff's first song they ever wrote. Really a throw away song. but fun to hear 25 years later.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »

Two songs were recorded for TSI? that were never released, and the demos have never escaped, either.

They were:

Beer And A Cigarette - Hanoi Rocks
Down On The Street - Iggy And The Stooges

And there's also "Nightcrawler" from the UYI sessions. A demo w/vocals exists, but the quality is horrible, and no lyrics can be made out.

there is NO "Nightcrawler" demo...the demo you are talking about was a fake that was floated around....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »

Also, it's my personal belief that Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon and Sentimental Movie are from the UYI sessions AFTER Steven's firing, and BEFORE Matt's hiring - hence the use of the drum machine and not an actual drummer.

ive been wondering about these timing issues since i got these demos in 1990 or so...i still dont think any information out there has definitively answered who was on drums and exactly when they were recorded. i do hear the drum machine on some tracks and i also hear a female backing vocal...any idea who that is?? (on "just another sunday").

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: