Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:57:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 75413 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »

So just because it was an awesome experience it's not ok to comment on the fact that Scott didn't sign anything or that Duff didn't recognize something that was his band's idea to release?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »

So just because it was an awesome experience it's not ok to comment on the fact that Scott didn't sign anything or that Duff didn't recognize something that was his band's idea to release?

/jarmo

Talked about it in the thread. I said it was shitty of Scott, and possible reasons for the Duff thing. The whole thing was blown way out of proportion in my oppinion. That was that thread, and I have no interest in discussing it further, it became a joke. That was the problem.
I've said my bit, not interested in running circles.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2007, 11:12:24 AM »

As far as I can tell, there wouldn't be any circles if certain people would answer the simple questions instead of dancing around them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »

Read monkey in a boat's post in the Met VR yesterday topic.  He said what I think many have been trying to say, and I thought he did it very well. 
rubinho.ma
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »

Read monkey in a boat's post in the Met VR yesterday topic.? He said what I think many have been trying to say, and I thought he did it very well.?
Sorry 'bout the off-topic, but Lynn, could you please remember me what album's cover is this on your avatar? I know it's an album cover, but I just couldn't remember the name.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. Just figured out. It's from Don't Cry video/EP. Thanks anyway. It's been a long time since I saw this. I have the vinil albums and if I'm not wrong this image is printed inside the album. It makes me miss old GNR so fuckin' much...  Cry
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 01:05:21 PM by rubinho.ma » Logged
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2007, 06:50:53 PM »

Jarmo whining about how VR pushes their "image" is funny. GNR still calls itself the most dangerous band in the world. What is so dangerous? That Axl might not come out of his dressing room until Midnight? EVERY band does it.

VR did the same thing, well guess what, when the band started they kind of had a good reason to. You get a heroin addict in Scott Weiland who had been arrested twice in that year and been in and out of rehab a hundred times and combine him with members from fucking GUNS AND ROSES. Weiland and the ex Gunners were all guys who had major problems with people in the former band they were in and now you're putting them together. Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty combustible mixture. It worked out well for them although there were bumps in the road.

But so what? That was then, I haven't seen them marketing themselves in the same way AT ALL. if anything, they're trying to move away from that.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2007, 07:02:28 PM »

But so what? That was then, I haven't seen them marketing themselves in the same way AT ALL. if anything, they're trying to move away from that.

That's what I thought.....

/jarmo

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »

Read monkey in a boat's post in the Met VR yesterday topic.  He said what I think many have been trying to say, and I thought he did it very well. 
Sorry 'bout the off-topic, but Lynn, could you please remember me what album's cover is this on your avatar? I know it's an album cover, but I just couldn't remember the name.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. Just figured out. It's from Don't Cry video/EP. Thanks anyway. It's been a long time since I saw this. I have the vinil albums and if I'm not wrong this image is printed inside the album. It makes me miss old GNR so fuckin' much...  Cry

The making of...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2007, 11:14:59 PM »

I think this EP is definitely a Cash Grab and I will silently protest by not buying it.

I got a New Bon Jovi CD coming out Tuesday that will more than hold me over till Libertad and CD come out.

NO way Id drop more for an EP *Which is a glorified Maxi Single* than a cd for basically 2 songs.

That is what the computer is for. ok

Yeah, making 5,000 copies of an EP released only to Europe is a real cash grab. I'm sure they're laughing their way to the bank with all the MILLIONS they're making off of it? Roll Eyes

then again, you're a Bon Jovi fan...

Have Bon JOvi ever released an album with 3 different covers or Re Issued an album with 2 new songs or released a shitty EP for more than a CD?

I love Bon Jovi cause they are who they are and dont try to hide or deny it. They are a mainstream band who bust their ass to sell records, sell out shows and make money.

VR claim to be "Dangerous' but yet stick something they showed for free on the internet on a CD to try and make money off of it and try to act like some old school rock band when they are just as guilty as the next mainstream band.

I'll take a Band like Bon Jovi or Kiss who are at least honest over bands who claim to not care about mainstream success but do everything to have it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2007, 11:21:07 PM »

D- I don't know where you shop- but here (in Australia) Mellody and the Tyranny cost $5. An album costs upwards of $20 (in Aussi dollar terms). $5 is the general price for singles, and for what you get on the CD, was well worth it.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2007, 12:20:46 AM »

I think this EP is definitely a Cash Grab and I will silently protest by not buying it.

I got a New Bon Jovi CD coming out Tuesday that will more than hold me over till Libertad and CD come out.

NO way Id drop more for an EP *Which is a glorified Maxi Single* than a cd for basically 2 songs.

That is what the computer is for. ok

Yeah, making 5,000 copies of an EP released only to Europe is a real cash grab. I'm sure they're laughing their way to the bank with all the MILLIONS they're making off of it? Roll Eyes

then again, you're a Bon Jovi fan...

Have Bon JOvi ever released an album with 3 different covers or Re Issued an album with 2 new songs or released a shitty EP for more than a CD?

I love Bon Jovi cause they are who they are and dont try to hide or deny it. They are a mainstream band who bust their ass to sell records, sell out shows and make money.

VR claim to be "Dangerous' but yet stick something they showed for free on the internet on a CD to try and make money off of it and try to act like some old school rock band when they are just as guilty as the next mainstream band.

I'll take a Band like Bon Jovi or Kiss who are at least honest over bands who claim to not care about mainstream success but do everything to have it.

Simply put, yes.
They released a shitty live 6 song EP for Wal-Mart only in 2006 called "Live from the Have A Nice Day Tour"
Plus they released a special edition of "Have a Nice Day" with a bonus DVD with 5 songs and also region specific versions with different bonus tracks
Oh and let's not forget when they re-recorded all their greatest hits in crappy versions on their release "This Left Feels Right" in 2003.
There's more!!!! Their new country-pop album "Lost Highway" with awesome duets with Big & Rich, let's not forget that one. Oh the internet....what a wonderful tool for research.? love? Bon Jovi had some great tunes, but let's not try to sway from the fact that Jon would sell his soul to make a dollar if he could.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:25:52 AM by Bill 213.5 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2007, 12:37:04 AM »

^
At least he doesn't try to pretend to be something he isnt.

They are a mainstream bands and ALL mainstream bands will sell their soul for a buck. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2007, 12:48:05 AM »

^

They are a mainstream bands and ALL mainstream bands will sell their soul for a buck. ok

Last time I checked, VR wasn't pretending to not be a mainstream band.  Sure they have the look and they can lay claim to be true rockers because in their old respective bands they toured the world, they sold millions of records and probably did more drugs than Lindsay Lohan was going to have at her 21st Birthday party. But VR is signed to a major record label, they're touring the world at festivals, showing their videos on MTV/VH1, gracing the covers of magazines.....I'd say they're poised to admit they're mainstream. So why is it bad when Slash, Scott, Duff, Matt and Dave want to make a buck and it isn't when Jon wants to pretend to be a cowboy to dupe the country music fans into thinking he's the next Porter Wagner (google it)?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2007, 01:15:23 AM »

^

Last time I checked, VR wasn't pretending to not be a mainstream band.? Sure they have the look and they can lay claim to be true rockers because in their old respective bands they toured the world, they sold millions of records and probably did more drugs than Lindsay Lohan was going to have at her 21st Birthday party. But VR is signed to a major record label, they're touring the world at festivals, showing their videos on MTV/VH1, gracing the covers of magazines.....I'd say they're poised to admit they're mainstream. So why is it bad when Slash, Scott, Duff, Matt and Dave want to make a buck and it isn't when Jon wants to pretend to be a cowboy to dupe the country music fans into thinking he's the next Porter Wagner (google it)?

Bon Jovi, aside, I can't help but think that this is what this whole thing is about. VR is about to release their 2nd album, video is being played, and they are on many major music mag covers right now.? Axl, although touring rather successfully (as well), hasn't released a fucking thing in 15 yrs.? Whether you like VR or not and whatever you may think about them...the point is that the guys in that band have moved forward and are doing fairly well.? Axl is kind of stuck in a time warp.? ?He's probably only touring because he needs money to cover that mega million dollar album that hasn't been released yet.? And I can say this, because I'm in the VR section, not the GnR section.? So, don't tell me to leave if I don't like it. The point is, really, that everyone gets so fucking obsessesed, and basically jealous, about all of this crap, that it's become ludicrous.

Ok, now, somebody take what I said and pick it apart, line by line, statement by statement.? Quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply.............
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2007, 01:55:44 AM »

I like melody and the tyranny EP, i feel that for ?4 i got my moneys worth.  Do it For The Kids is nice to have, as is the vlog compilation, and Psycho Killer and Just 16 are both fine additions to my collection.  Shall we please stay on topic? 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2007, 06:07:59 AM »

GNR still calls itself the most dangerous band in the world.

Care to provide a quote where a current member of GNR says this?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2007, 06:32:14 AM »

Ok, now, somebody take what I said and pick it apart, line by line, statement by statement.? Quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply.............

Well, seeing as you're offering...
Axl, although touring rather successfully (as well), hasn't released a fucking thing in 15 yrs.?

Incorrect.? OMG.
Whether you like VR or not and whatever you may think about them...the point is that the guys in that band have moved forward and are doing fairly well.? Axl is kind of stuck in a time warp.

The VR I saw at Download appeared to me to be living on past glories; not having progressed either musically or in terms of their stage performance.? In contrast, GNR in 2006 sounded fresh, energised and musically adventurous.

Re. the EP: if it's true that Duff and Slash didn't recognise their own product when it was given to them for signing, then I have to say that I find it puzzling at the very least.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »

Axl is kind of stuck in a time warp.   He's probably only touring because he needs money to cover that mega million dollar album that hasn't been released yet.  And I can say this, because I'm in the VR section, not the GnR section. 

No you can't.

I hope some of the VR fans start yelling at you for bringing GN'R into this. Again.  ok

It's funny how often you VR fans feel the need to mention GN'R to validate your favorite band.

Then you blame those of us who aren't hardcore VR fans for ruining your threads.

hihi

Re. the EP: if it's true that Duff and Slash didn't recognise their own product when it was given to them for signing, then I have to say that I find it puzzling at the very least.

Be careful. The logic around here is that if Duff talked about the EP in an interview, but yet failed to recognize it when he saw it, it means he's well aware of it.

/jarmo

sandman
Legend

« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2007, 11:30:53 AM »

i wish i could get my hands on a copy here in the U.S.

congrats to VR - looking forward to July 3!  ok

(and if anyone cares to explain exactly what it means to "support" a band, please do so.)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »

Be careful. The logic around here is that if Duff talked about the EP in an interview, but yet failed to recognize it when he saw it, it means he's well aware of it.

/jarmo

Mmmm, that logic doesn't quite follow in my book.? In the old days I'd have blamed the booze for the confusion; not sure what to make of it now.? Perhaps the business minds in VR haven't quite got their collective finger on the pulse as much as they thought they had.? Time for that refresher business course, Duff...? Wink

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: