Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR To Release 'Melody And The Tyranny' EP  (Read 75424 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »

Ok, now, somebody take what I said and pick it apart, line by line, statement by statement.  Quote, reply, quote, reply, quote, reply.............

I don't think you need to worry about that, your post was one hundred percent complimentary to VR so you don't have to worry about Booker doing his routine on you  hihi
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2007, 12:19:07 AM »

I wasn't even thinking about Booker.........
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2007, 02:16:46 AM »

The VR I saw at Download appeared to me to be living on past glories; not having progressed either musically or in terms of their stage performance.? In contrast, GNR in 2006 sounded fresh, energised and musically adventurous.

VR Living on past glories and gnr sounding fresh and musically adventurous hmm alright...

I won't even start to explain how wrong that statement is...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:38:14 AM by Grouse » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2007, 03:25:25 AM »

HA!    rofl
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2007, 05:47:27 AM »

The VR I saw at Download appeared to me to be living on past glories; not having progressed either musically or in terms of their stage performance.? In contrast, GNR in 2006 sounded fresh, energised and musically adventurous.

VR Living on past glories and gnr sounding fresh and musically adventurous hmm alright...

Oh please do, I'd be most interested to hear your reasoning.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2007, 06:24:32 AM »

I wouldn't wanna go there if I were you. GN'R in 2006 was (and still is in 2007) playing a setlist mostly filled with songs from an album that was released 20 years ago...

I have no problem with that, but if that is 'fresh' to you, then you have strange logic.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »

I wouldn't wanna go there if I were you. GN'R in 2006 was (and still is in 2007) playing a setlist mostly filled with songs from an album that was released 20 years ago...

I have no problem with that, but if that is 'fresh' to you, then you have strange logic.

Better make that no logic at all...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #307 on: June 21, 2007, 11:00:48 AM »

And The Stones play songs written 40 years ago....

People go to their shows to hear them play those songs.

What's your point?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #308 on: June 21, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »

My words were "sounded fresh" - which does not necessarily correlate to the actual age of the songs performed. ?In my opinion, GNR sound like a band reinvigorated, VR sound (and look) tired and dated.

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: June 21, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

And The Stones play songs written 40 years ago....

People go to their shows to hear them play those songs.

What's your point?

/jarmo

His point was to explain how ridiculous Cyllan's logic was that VR were living in past glories while being directly compared to the current line up of Gn'R.  When the majority of your setlist is from an album 20 years old, and you are constantly running out of breath and getting oxygen backstage, I'm sorry but you neither sound or look "fresh".
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #310 on: June 21, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »

Guns N' Roses is obviously playing Guns N' Roses songs just like the Smashing Pumpkins are playing the Smashing Pumpkins songs in 2007.

Watching the Download clips of VR's performance, I wouldn't call that an exceptionally high energy show.

So whatever lame jokes you make of Axl, you just make yourself uninformed and clueless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #311 on: June 21, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »

His point was to explain how ridiculous Cyllan's logic was that VR were living in past glories while being directly compared to the current line up of Gn'R.

"Living on past glories" means that I believed that VR was just coasting along on the reputation they'd acquired earlier in their careers and not pushing themselves to progress.

However, having now read the band's thoughts on their new album, I can see that perhaps I was being unfair in assuming that they just weren't trying, when in fact it would seem like this new material is the best that they can offer.? Unfortunately, the best that they can offer is tired and dated.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »

This is getting fucking ridiculous.

Back to topic please.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2007, 08:09:12 PM »

I don't think an EP was such a bad idea.  Think about it... they are starting a new tour, album's not out 'till July. So an Ep is a nice little introduction to a couple of new songs which are likely to appear in a set list on tour.

Some of us are still old school and like to wait and buy the cd's. I'm personally not really into downloading, apart from live stuff. 

In the UK it's like ?4 that's good!  You dont have to buy it, buts it's cool for those who like  to collect.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2007, 11:24:44 PM »

I think the EP was a great idea.

I mean in Australia it was the SAME PRICE as just the single would have been, and it also has two other cool tracks.

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: June 22, 2007, 06:23:21 AM »

Agree with the two above.
For Aussi$5 (the price of a regular single) its great bang for your buck. And the fact that it's only a pressing of 5,000 it's a cool little collectors peice.
Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #316 on: June 22, 2007, 06:07:17 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the EP was a joke? It's got what will surely be the best song on the album, SBQM, Just Sixteen, which wouldn't have even made the cut for Contraband, and a cover of Psycho Killer which overshadows all their other work. Granted, it has a making of Libertad, but that's not uncommon on Albums or even Singles these days now that record companies are trying to persuade people to buy the actual single cd rather than download it. And it cost ?4 in UK - twice as much as a single for what is essentially nothing but a glorified single. Ok, it's not bad, but I think it's a bit cynical to market it as an EP when an EP to me means 3-4 songs where there are a couple that maybe aren't on the album or are actual treats for the fans. meh, that's my 2 Euros.

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #317 on: June 22, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the EP was a joke? It's got what will surely be the best song on the album, SBQM, Just Sixteen, which wouldn't have even made the cut for Contraband, and a cover of Psycho Killer which overshadows all their other work. Granted, it has a making of Libertad, but that's not uncommon on Albums or even Singles these days now that record companies are trying to persuade people to buy the actual single cd rather than download it. And it cost ?4 in UK - twice as much as a single for what is essentially nothing but a glorified single. Ok, it's not bad, but I think it's a bit cynical to market it as an EP when an EP to me means 3-4 songs where there are a couple that maybe aren't on the album or are actual treats for the fans. meh, that's my 2 Euros.

yea i just dont get the point at all and it is a joke.  if they wanted to make it something cool to buy, they should have put a few tracks on it that wont be on the album coming out just weeks after this release.   stupid.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #318 on: June 22, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »

They put out a few songs for the European fans that they were going to PLAY on the European tour. What exactly is so hard to understand about this?
Kady.52
Headliner

Me, You An' My Ball & Chain

« Reply #319 on: June 22, 2007, 07:04:12 PM »

its not that, its that its an 'EP' cost $10 and is all going to be on the album. i would happily buy all the singles, and yeah i bought this. but i dunno, its a bit cheap of them tbh. VR are going down the pan.

roll on CD  beer

Angels wear spandex.

Sarkozy makes me ashamed to be French
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: