Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:08:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dust N' Bones: The Untold Story of Izzy Stradlin  (Read 49201 times)
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2005, 01:58:18 PM »

Do you own any unofficial biographies or even merchandise?

I know why people are buying it. They want to read about Izzy. Izzy's probably never gonna write a book himself so this will have to do for the people who are interested in his career.

Izzy never did any kind of announcement that he was against it.? At least I don't remember any. Axl, Duff and Slash tried stopping the Greatest Hits by going to court. A different thing, but the message is kinda clear.

/jarmo
Well, if it was someone like Axl, it would be different because he has talked about his life and childhood, etc. in interviews.  But Izzy is a private person, and has never talked about his personal life.  It is invasion of privacy, and since Izzy is very private, I assume that he wouldn't want everything about his life shared with the world against his will.  And Izzy wouldn't be able to prevent it anyway unless there were inaccurate facts or it harmed his reputation.  I am curious about the book too, but I won't buy it because it feels wrong to me to invade someone's privacy, and then trying to justify it.
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2005, 02:13:49 PM »

Izzy's life and his relationships and experiences are for him and people he chooses to share those things with. They are not for run-of-the-mill fans who are being unjustly handed these facts by a man (the author) who has no right to disclose this information.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2005, 02:32:12 PM »

Oh, writing about Axl is different... Right.

They interviewed former band mates, a producer, a manager and one ex-girlfriend. Seems like it's gonna be about his life as a musician and not about Izzy, the husband/boyfriend.

If it turns out to be a book about very personal stuff, then I can understand your concerns. But if it's a book about how Izzy got into music, moved to Hollywood, played in bands, became famous and then quit GN'R, then I'm not so sure I agree with you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2005, 02:38:54 PM »

I just meant that I don't think Axl would mind as much since his personal life is already pretty much out there.

How many biographies have you read that are just about the person's career?  And do you really think his ex-girlfriend isn't going to give out personal information, like details about their relationship?  And Izzy's career and how he got into music, etc. is already public knowledge.  Why would someone write a book about stuff you can find all over the internet?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2005, 02:42:03 PM »

I agree exactly with what a fan said, the book would probabley not sell if there was nothing personal in it, I bet Axl will buy it? hihi
I'm definitley buyin' it anyway? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2005, 02:56:41 PM »

I just meant that I don't think Axl would mind as much since his personal life is already pretty much out there.

That's actually quite funny.

How many biographies have you read that are just about the person's career?? And do you really think his ex-girlfriend isn't going to give out personal information, like details about their relationship?? And Izzy's career and how he got into music, etc. is already public knowledge.? Why would someone write a book about stuff you can find all over the internet?

That ex-girlfriend is from 20 years ago.

I haven't read the book so I can't say what kind it is. You seem to have some inside knowledge about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2005, 03:26:25 PM »

Well, you don't know how things played out with the ex-girlfriend, if things ended bitterly.? Like, hypothetically, if Erin Everly was interviewed for a biography on Axl, I don't think she'd have too many nice things to say about him, even though it was about 14 years ago.?

But I convinced 2 people on another forum not to buy the book, so at least I did one good thing today.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 03:27:59 PM by a fan » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2005, 03:40:04 PM »

I'm not gonna recommend or tell people not to buy it based on what I think it might be about.

I can recommend Tommy's solo album because I think it's really good. I can say that VR's "Contraband" DualDisc and the unofficial GN'R "Sex, Drugs & Rock N' Roll" DVD are a waste of money because I own them. I haven't read the book so I can't say anything about it.

/jarmo

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2005, 07:53:32 PM »

That's actually quite funny.

How many biographies have you read that are just about the person's career?? And do you really think his ex-girlfriend isn't going to give out personal information, like details about their relationship?? And Izzy's career and how he got into music, etc. is already public knowledge.? Why would someone write a book about stuff you can find all over the internet?

That ex-girlfriend is from 20 years ago.

I haven't read the book so I can't say what kind it is. You seem to have some inside knowledge about it.

/jarmo

I'll buy the book.

Izzy was married then he got divorced.? He did have a girlfriend and they broke up.? From what I was told, Izzy is currently back together with his ex girlfriend and is very happy.

I doubt he'll give a damn about an unauthorized book.

edited to give source of 'who told me about Izzy being back together with his ex girlfriend and that would be Ian from the JuJu Hounds who I recently met a long with Rick Richards who was also in the Georgia Satelites
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 08:36:01 PM by dolphin » Logged
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2005, 09:06:57 PM »

I'll buy the book.

Izzy was married then he got divorced.? He did have a girlfriend and they broke up.? From what I was told, Izzy is currently back together with his ex girlfriend and is very happy.

I doubt he'll give a damn about an unauthorized book.

edited to give source of 'who told me about Izzy being back together with his ex girlfriend and that would be Ian from the JuJu Hounds who I recently met a long with Rick Richards who was also in the Georgia Satelites
So you meet these people and they just openly give you information about Izzy's personal life?  Why do you need to say that anyway, whether it's true or not?  I was just fine thinking Izzy was single, now you have me upset again.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »

Yep.

Me: "How's Izzy?"

Ian:  "Izzy's doing great.  I just got done playing keyboards on his new album.  He's back with his ex girlfriend and he's doing just great.  He's really happy."

Me: "That's good to hear.  So when is his album coming out?"

Ian: "Soon."  (I laughed at this)

Me:  "For someone who doesn't speak to Axl anymore, he and Axl really like that word."

Ian: (smiles) "my kids will probably tell me that it's out after they see the announcement on the internet about it."

True convo. smoking
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2005, 09:28:24 PM »

Yep.

Me: "How's Izzy?"

Ian:? "Izzy's doing great.? I just got done playing keyboards on his new album.? He's back with his ex girlfriend and he's doing just great.? He's really happy."

Me: "That's good to hear.? So when is his album coming out?"

Ian: "Soon."? (I laughed at this)

Me:? "For someone who doesn't speak to Axl anymore, he and Axl really like that word."

Ian: (smiles) "my kids will probably tell me that it's out after they see the announcement on the internet about it."

True convo. smoking
Well, there hasn't been any pics of Izzy since September, and he looked miserable in them.  Where did you meet this guy?  I have a feeling you are making this up.  But I have to believe you are telling the truth.  Please admit you are lying and save me the suffering.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2005, 09:32:59 PM »

I was just fine thinking Izzy was single, now you have me upset again.

That explains a lot.....

/jarmo

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2005, 09:33:30 PM »

I was just fine thinking Izzy was single, now you have me upset again.

That explains a lot.....

/jarmo
What do you mean?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2005, 09:36:11 PM »

Well, if you're upset that Izzy's not single, that must mean something....

Oh, and why do you think it's ok for you to talk about his personal life like this, but it's not ok for people to read a book about him? I mean, you were telling everybody how he's a private person and now you yourself are trying to ask dolphin questions that relate to Izzy's personal life.

/jarmo

a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2005, 09:39:21 PM »

Oh, and why do you think it's ok for you to talk about his personal life like this, but it's not ok for people to read a book about him? I mean, you were telling everybody how he's a private person and now you yourself are trying to ask dolphin questions that relate to Izzy's personal life.

/jarmo
Dolphin said something about Izzy's personal life, and I don't think it is right for people to start false rumors.  I was merely trying to get the truth out of him.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2005, 09:40:55 PM »

You don't know if it's a false rumor.  Roll Eyes

You're suffering because Izzy might not be single?

Seems to me like you're very interested in his personal life after all....

/jarmo

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2005, 09:43:16 PM »

/jarmo
Dolphin said something about Izzy's personal life, and I don't think it is right for people to start false rumors.? I was merely trying to get the truth out of him.

That convo WAS INDEED A TRUE CONVO I HAD WITH IAN.

smoking

edit to say sorry for shouting Jarmo (breaking a rule), but some people such as a fan can't quite read correctly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 09:45:17 PM by dolphin » Logged
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2005, 09:44:49 PM »

You don't know if it's a false rumor.? Roll Eyes

You're suffering because Izzy might not be single?

Seems to me like you're very interested in his personal life after all....

/jarmo
Well, would it be very smart of me to believe something posted without a reliable source (I don't consider word of mouth a reliable source).

You seem very upset that I don't want people buying his biography.
a fan
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2005, 09:46:29 PM »

That convo WAS INDEED A TRUE CONVO I HAD WITH IAN.

smoking

edit to say sorry for shouting Jarmo (breaking a rule), but some people such as a fan can't quite read correctly.
If I remember correctly, a girl started a rumor on a forum that Axl had a girlfriend.? And that turned out false.  When and where did you speak to Ian?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: