Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 12:44:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sirius GNR channel
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sirius GNR channel  (Read 31074 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2017, 08:59:28 PM »

Why surprised? I was about to visit toilet when it started and had to hold for a little longer.

The content has not held up well, and...it's a song that Axl has taken a LOT of flack for.

I'm not complaining. I like the song, and understand what it actually is, and what it means.

But not everyone does. Wink

If there was ONE GnR song that was left off the playlist for a very corporate radio station....that would be the one.

Just like a bunch of songs about heroine and drinking wine   This song hasn't aged well and is a snap shot of the band at that time

However.  Just like the songs about heroine and wine.  The music in "one in a million" is great.   It has a great melody and is fun to sing along to    I wish they would break it out more live.  Hell they only play one song off of Lies live every second night at best.   I would love to hear more off this album
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »

'Bad Apples'

Never got the hate for this one.  I love it.  Great lyrics, and I think the truly underrated Slash solo in the catalog.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite deep cuts off UYI, too.

And, you know, Back off Bitch. Wink

For me Bad Apples, Back Off Bitch, Right Next Door to Hell, and Breakdown are all contenders for UYI's 10th man
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2017, 09:06:50 PM »

Eddie Trunk on the pre-show.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »

'Bad Apples'

Never got the hate for this one.  I love it.  Great lyrics, and I think the truly underrated Slash solo in the catalog.

Well isn't the majority of both albums.  "Deep cuts".   What ever that meaning even means

To me, it means tracks on a album that the band hardly ever plays live...   there is a ton on both albums

My deep cut list I want to hear live off of just the UYI albums

Dust n bones
The garden
Bad obsession
Locomotive
Right next door to hell

For me Bad Apples, Back Off Bitch, Right Next Door to Hell, and Breakdown are all contenders for UYI's 10th man
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2017, 09:24:52 PM »

Well isn't the majority of both albums.  "Deep cuts".   What ever that meaning even means

To me, it means tracks on a album that the band hardly ever plays live...   there is a ton on both albums

My deep cut list I want to hear live off of just the UYI albums

Dust n bones
The garden
Bad obsession
Locomotive
Right next door to hell

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2017, 10:15:22 PM »

'Bad Apples'

And now...Back off Bitch!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2017, 03:19:08 AM »

Ozzy and Buffet have huge catalogs. Pearl Jam released every time one of its members farted within range of an open mic.

GnR radio has played, by a WIDE margin, more GnR than either of the 3 stations mentioned above play their namesake material.

You mix in influences, even more than they have since the launch, and you're fine.  Add in the odd show hosted by Duff (like the one from the other day), Slash, and maybe Axl.....and you're good to go. 

No matter how anyone wants to spin it

Gun n roses has about 80-90 original songs in the catalog.   Not much at all for a band with a dedicated station.   It's actually very very small for band that has been around as long as it has.

It's why I was unsure this would work.  Why, I could put all there albums on repeat take out the songs I hate   Mix in some live tracks and gnr inspired music.  Very very easily   Would take me a few moments on iTunes.   Hell I already have it as travel music and I am sure a lot others here have as well

What is making this station work is effort

Effort by band member to give value.   Interviews.  Talk programs etc...   

What I have never seen gnr do.  And what will be the death of a station like this.  Is

Refer to its past...

What I mean by that is

A band that only has 80 original songs needs as much help as anything coming up with content to give listeners of a paid service
What gnr has that no other band that has been around for 30 years is.   Is a huge backlog of side bands
Velvet revolver
Duffs bands
Slashs bands
Izzys bands
Tommys bands
Buckethead
Robin
Etc.....

Son much material there.  That would be so cool.   They could play six degrees of seperation of all these current and past members    Would be so cool

But that's not what gnr does

Gnr doesn't talk about the past.   Never has and when they do it's usually in a negative tone

For a station like this to work long term the band would have to embrace its past.

Shit have a live gnr song from the early 2000s broken down by slash and duff.  That would be cool

AFD is nearly 30 years old.   Where is all the talk surrounding it    Where is talk about past song writers.   One that is past away   Now that would be cool

For this to work the band had to get it. 

If not

It's just us playing our iPods

And after the show tonight this post is even more true

This band never celebrates its past.  Or talks about its future.  Good luck to Axl in ac/dc
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/06/21/guns-n-roses-radio-iconic-band-launches-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-with-limited-run-channel-special-concert/
Guns N? Roses Radio extended by popular demand! Hear replays of epic SiriusXM concert to launch Not In This Lifetime tour
by SiriusXM Editors  ? 
Guns N? Roses rocked the legendary Apollo Theater with a legendary show to kick off the band?s Not In This Lifetime Tour of North America.

Hear the concert on the limited-run Guns N? Roses Radio on Ch. 41, which has been extended by popular demand to August 16.

Sunday, July 23 @ 2 pm ET,  6 pm ET,  10 pm ET

Monday, July 24 @ 9 am ET,  1 pm ET,  5 pm ET,  9 pm ET

Tuesday, July 25 @ 12 pm ET,  6 pm ET

Wednesday, July 26 @ 6 am ET,  11 pm ET

Thursday, July 27 @ 1 pm ET,  7 pm ET

Friday, July 28 @ 2 am ET,  4 pm ET

The exclusive SiriusXM concert, which marked the first time that Guns N? Roses performed at the iconic venue, featured the band performing songs from throughout their career. The special event aired live on SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio, the band?s limited-run SiriusXM channel on July 20.

SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio features music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees? entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The limited-run channel also includes music by artists who have influenced Guns N? Roses, GNR live tracks and rarities.

Guns N? Roses Radio will air through August 16, via satellite on Channel 41, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

For more information about Guns N? Roses and their Not In This Lifetime tour, visit www.gunsnroses.com.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »

http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/06/21/guns-n-roses-radio-iconic-band-launches-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-with-limited-run-channel-special-concert/
Guns N? Roses Radio extended by popular demand! Hear replays of epic SiriusXM concert to launch Not In This Lifetime tour
by SiriusXM Editors  ? 
Guns N? Roses rocked the legendary Apollo Theater with a legendary show to kick off the band?s Not In This Lifetime Tour of North America.

Hear the concert on the limited-run Guns N? Roses Radio on Ch. 41, which has been extended by popular demand to August 16.

The exclusive SiriusXM concert, which marked the first time that Guns N? Roses performed at the iconic venue, featured the band performing songs from throughout their career. The special event aired live on SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio, the band?s limited-run SiriusXM channel on July 20.

SiriusXM?s Guns N? Roses Radio features music from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees? entire iconic career, including the 1987 Appetite for Destruction album, which is celebrating its 30th anniversary. The limited-run channel also includes music by artists who have influenced Guns N? Roses, GNR live tracks and rarities.

Guns N? Roses Radio will air through August 16, via satellite on Channel 41, and through the SiriusXM App on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.

For more information about Guns N? Roses and their Not In This Lifetime tour, visit www.gunsnroses.com.

YES!!!!

I'm hoping if the listener numbers stay high, it might stick around even longer!

Together again,
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »

I'm hoping if the listener numbers stay high, it might stick around even longer!

Does satellite radio have the ability to track listener numbers on individual channels?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2017, 04:22:45 PM »

Does satellite radio have the ability to track listener numbers on individual channels?

To some extent, yes. Because they can track bandwidth OFF the sat being used for those channels (they do this, actually, to adjust compression ratios...less used channels = more compression, so lower quality). So while it's not down to the individual user level, they do have an idea of served bandwidth for that channel.

In addition, about 35%+ (maybe more...that was from their most recent SEC filing) of their usage is now net streaming. I will say that MOST of my use, in relation to the GnR channel, has been streaming from the net via the app on PS4.  That DOES allow them to monitor, to the user level, who is listening to what.

Together again,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »

To some extent, yes. Because they can track bandwidth OFF the sat being used for those channels (they do this, actually, to adjust compression ratios...less used channels = more compression, so lower quality). So while it's not down to the individual user level, they do have an idea of served bandwidth for that channel.

In addition, about 35%+ (maybe more...that was from their most recent SEC filing) of their usage is now net streaming. I will say that MOST of my use, in relation to the GnR channel, has been streaming from the net via the app on PS4.  That DOES allow them to monitor, to the user level, who is listening to what.

I wondered why some channels have songs that tend to sound like poor quality mp3 downloads. I listen to ozzys boneyard more than  anything else and it's pretty obvious they compress it pretty badly.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2017, 09:08:20 PM »

I'm a subscriber and never knew any of this, thanks for the info!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »

by SiriusXM Editors  ? 

Nice! I noticed the channel was still going strong yesterday and today. Good to hear they've been given a "Stay of Execution".

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »

Sort of on topic, I didn't listen much to Sirius today. Did any one catch the Stern Show? Did they cover the concert at all?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »

Sort of on topic, I didn't listen much to Sirius today. Did any one catch the Stern Show? Did they cover the concert at all?
I didn't listen to the show today. I know Gary went to the concert but Howard gave a lame excuse for not attending. Probably would have been a big topic of conversation if he made the effort to attend but since he didn't they probably didn't cover it much. Probably more talk of it on the Wrap Up Show. All just speculation of course.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
EatTheGlass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2017, 11:12:10 AM »

I'm not sure I understand this channel. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure they play zero studio tracks off of AFD. Anyone else noticing this?

Also, every time they break in with a story from Slash about the old days, they then transition to a song from CD....obviously Slash played on none of those songs and they certainly aren't from the early days!

Whoever is programming this station should be fired.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »

I'm not sure I understand this channel. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm pretty sure they play zero studio tracks off of AFD. Anyone else noticing this?

Also, every time they break in with a story from Slash about the old days, they then transition to a song from CD....obviously Slash played on none of those songs and they certainly aren't from the early days!

I hear plenty of Appetite tracks. I do get what your saying, but they have like 3 5 second clips of Slash that they just drop in. The only one that tends to make sense is when he talks about guitar lessons and they tend to lead into a track by Led Zepplin or Aerosmith.
EatTheGlass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »

I hear plenty of Appetite tracks. I do get what your saying, but they have like 3 5 second clips of Slash that they just drop in. The only one that tends to make sense is when he talks about guitar lessons and they tend to lead into a track by Led Zepplin or Aerosmith.

I've heard AFD tracks, but they are all live...I'm talking studio tracks, from the album.
EatTheGlass
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2017, 12:46:50 PM »

They just played Slash talking about the UYI albums and how much interesting material that contained, then they go into 'Knockin On Heavens Door'.  lol, lame.  That might be the most un-interesting song on that entire 2 album set.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: