Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 07:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227948 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 89109 times)
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »

So ...in general ticket sales are going so so? I mean...only a few cities sold out but it seems most of the dates still have plenty of tickets right? They need more promotion...airplay, interviews....

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »

We get a pretty fair amount of commercials on radio and TV here in Philly.

Sort of odd, considering they moved a lot of tickets here from the jump.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 12:15:36 PM »

I'm going to kind of merge 2 topics together, a bit:

IMHO, the absolute BEST advertisement for the tour would be allowing Coachella to stream the show this weekend.  Given what I'm reading of the streaming coverage, and all the direct mentions of GnR, I'm optimistic that's the plan.

For AC/DC, it made sense to not participate.  They had a pretty much sold out tour already planned AND they were a pretty known commodity.

This is "new", or rather "new old new". Smiley  I think letting that one show go out for free, and letting everyone see what many of us saw this weekend via streamed footage of the Vegas show, is only going to help them.  That pro shot vid/audio would, IMHO, hype a LOT of folks up for upcoming shows who might not be as plugged in as we are.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 12:34:20 PM »

I'm afraid the "general public", "casual fan" or whatever you would like to call it...
Has either not realized the reunion yet or thinks "it's not going to last and/or will not be worth the money."
I agree streaming a full show would be good.
WE love every second - WE know this is totally awesome and you might see one of the best live acts available.
But we are people on a fanboard...
Public...doesn't know or doesn't believe.
Not YET - but they will...I hope. 🎸👍

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 12:41:58 PM »

I just don't think the general public is aware of Guns N' Roses too much. And if they have heard about the regrouping of Axl/Slash and Duff... they might feel overwhelmed. Cause outside of 2007-2009 there's not been much buzz about them. Yeah they've toured randomly throughout the years, but they haven't really accomplished much besides the 1 album.

So I think non-fans have either not heard about it yet, or have heard about it and feel kinda confused about the whole thing and are like "wait... they are a band again?"

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »

It's not even been a week yet since tickets went on sale. Having said that, I think ticket sales look pretty good so far. I expect "sold out" shows to be announced throughout the Summer.  I think the word is getting around. When I got back my Boss told me he read good reviews about the Vegas shows.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »

Exactly!
What sells out AC/DC within minutes - is not a matter of "they are better than GnR (newborn/reborn child again) 😉
They were there! For decades - always - undestroyable!
These are facts - public adores AC/DC - but doesn't remember Guns.
WE do - I do. YOU reading this do - but once again...we are on a FANboard. 😘

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 12:55:40 PM »

Like it or not, and I know many here do NOT, many people still hold's Axl's reputation against him.

There is a silver lining though.  I read official reviews, as well as fan reviews and even my own anecdotal conversation with friends that all lauded his performing in the chair while pretty seriously hurt.  They all thought that was amazing and all pretty much agreed "the old Axl" would not have done it. 

So he is rehabbing it a bit.  But Rome was not built in a day.

But I will tell you right now what anyone still on the fence is waiting on : GNR's start time on 6/23/16 at Ford Field in Detroit.

That's going to decide this for a lot of people.  I know it's "rock n roll" and "how its always been".  Well versed in all the talking points.

But if they take that stage at 11:30 (or god forbid, even later) that is going to hurt their walk up business for future dates.  That guy on the fence will move over to the other side and will not attend.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 01:00:02 PM »

Yeah he still has a old reputation of not showing up for gigs sometimes in the past and for coming on really late.

This has mostly been debunked the last few years though. The Vegas shows were so good with critics.. I think all of the shows will sell out or come close to it.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »

Yeah he still has a old reputation of not showing up for gigs sometimes in the past and for coming on really late.

This has mostly been debunked the last few years though. The Vegas shows were so good with critics.. I think all of the shows will sell out or come close to it.

They also came on at midnight.  In a unique town like Las Vegas, and on a weekend, no worries.  A weekday somewhere else?  Not the same thing.

The Las Vegas tickets said 9:30 and they hit the stage at midnight.  If we extrapolate that, my 8:30 ticket in Philly should have them coming on at 11PM. I think that is the absolute max you could push it, and I think they'd be better served aiming more for 10:30.

We have been waiting most of our lives for this tour.  We don't care.  That guy who liked them back in the day and is willing to take a walk down memory lane...he may not find the 11:45 start time on a Wednesday night quite as charming as we do.

Bottom line : the diehards already have their tickets.  The remaining seats will need to be filled by casuals.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 01:11:04 PM »

From personal fan point of view: best act you could see.
Professional (cold) point of view: too many already complaining bout starts around midnight...
WE think an AMAZING almoust 3 hour show makes up for a lil waiting...
THEY do not agree!
There's that "business mind" of mine running in behind - and that says still not compatible!

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 01:12:27 PM »

From personal fan point of view: best act you could see.
Professional (cold) point of view: too many already complaining bout starts around midnight...
WE think an AMAZING almoust 3 hour show makes up for a lil waiting...
THEY do not agree!
There's that "business mind" of mine running in behind - and that says still not compatible!

Exactly right.

lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »

But hey...you can still stuff some AWESOME performance down their business minds...
😂 I freaking love that band!

It's Guns n fucking Roses after all

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 01:18:08 PM »

Yeah I mean for my Nashville show, it is on a Saturday, so if they roll out around 10pm or 11pm that's cool wahtever. The wait does build it up some for sure, but there's a limit. midnight would kinda piss me off.

After the opening act or start time wahtever is hit... I'm cool for like 1 hour of waiting around, then I'm ready. For Gn'R I'd go 90 minutes.

They can't come out too late on weekdays. People have to be up between 6-8am the next day ya know.

But don't damn me
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 01:18:47 PM »

I just don't think the general public is aware of Guns N' Roses too much. And if they have heard about the regrouping of Axl/Slash and Duff... they might feel overwhelmed. Cause outside of 2007-2009 there's not been much buzz about them. Yeah they've toured randomly throughout the years, but they haven't really accomplished much besides the 1 album.

So I think non-fans have either not heard about it yet, or have heard about it and feel kinda confused about the whole thing and are like "wait... they are a band again?"

Mmmmm...IDK about that.  I've had more talk from friends, who I either didn't know were GnR fans back in the day...or who I knew as more casual fans...asking me about shows than every before.

The issue: They're all in the NorthEast US..where the shows sold out pretty quick.

That's the thing: I think they could add a Boston and NYC (ok NJ) show, and sell THOSE shows pretty well.

I think the markets, though, are fickle.  A lot depends on where you are, and what the population is in the area.

I also think...as we get closer...those stadiums that are only about 1/2 to 3/4 full will fill up, pending the press and PR that might be coming (and would, IMHO, be benefitted by streaming Coachella).

I actually think that, so far, its gone pretty well.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 01:20:21 PM »

Yeah I mean for my Nashville show, it is on a Saturday, so if they roll out around 10pm or 11pm that's cool wahtever. The wait does build it up some for sure, but there's a limit. midnight would kinda piss me off.

After the opening act or start time wahtever is hit... I'm cool for like 1 hour of waiting around, then I'm ready. For Gn'R I'd go 90 minutes.

They can't come out too late on weekdays. People have to be up between 6-8am the next day ya know.

Keep them waiting too long, and people will boo and people will leave.  We've all been in those buildings and seen it, first hand.

Worst case scenario is they come on super late in Detroit, and there are a bunch of reviews and stories that will have quotes from people that left in disgust before the show even starts.

That's P.R. death.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 01:20:46 PM »

Exactly!
What sells out AC/DC within minutes - is not a matter of "they are better than GnR (newborn/reborn child again) 😉
They were there! For decades - always - undestroyable!
These are facts - public adores AC/DC - but doesn't remember Guns.
WE do - I do. YOU reading this do - but once again...we are on a FANboard. 😘

And...I don't know if DX remembers this conversation (which was more directed toward mortis...but DX participated on the periphery)...but AC/DC's shows were not all sold out MONTHS after on sale.  I checked, and we talked about this.

Same sort of reasons apply we talked about then.  

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 01:22:49 PM »

Like it or not, and I know many here do NOT, many people still hold's Axl's reputation against him.

There is a silver lining though.  I read official reviews, as well as fan reviews and even my own anecdotal conversation with friends that all lauded his performing in the chair while pretty seriously hurt.  They all thought that was amazing and all pretty much agreed "the old Axl" would not have done it. 

So he is rehabbing it a bit.  But Rome was not built in a day.

But I will tell you right now what anyone still on the fence is waiting on : GNR's start time on 6/23/16 at Ford Field in Detroit.

That's going to decide this for a lot of people.  I know it's "rock n roll" and "how its always been".  Well versed in all the talking points.

But if they take that stage at 11:30 (or god forbid, even later) that is going to hurt their walk up business for future dates.  That guy on the fence will move over to the other side and will not attend.

It's also interesting to note that a lot of the shows people are noting have "weaker" sales...are week night shows, too.

I mean..Boston(-ish) is a Tuesday night (and hours drive from Boston proper) and seems sold out, so....

But I still say that week day night shows are obviously never going to pull the same draw as weekend shows.

Together again,
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

Business: definately!!

Experience: I flew out to that closing show of european tour in Mallorca. Started round midnight - 3 amazing hours!
Stumbled home...
Fazit: you would have to give away a ticket to every damn hater - to see have him see them. THAT changes everything.
😉
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 01:24:50 PM by lostdream » Logged

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 01:24:01 PM »

I would also imagine we could get a big time opener to help move the remaining seats.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: