Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:34:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 88753 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 01:25:19 PM »

But I still say that week day night shows are obviously never going to pull the same draw as weekend shows.

Very true.  But I think its more pronounced with this band than with others.

I am going to see Pearl Jam on a Thursday in a few weeks.  I, nor anyone else going that night, have any realistic fear that they are coming on at 11PM or later.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 01:25:41 PM »

I would also imagine we could get a big time opener to help move the remaining seats.

That is always the ace in the hole, I suspect.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 01:26:07 PM »

Call Steven Tyler...😉😘

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 01:34:34 PM »

Sigh...
Business mode on: Slash, Duff and Axl: send out Beta, Vanessa and Fernando out into the audience and waiting line.
Concentrate on disabled fans!
Give away tics - but be sure to have press everywhere !
🙈

Is THAT how "general public" wants GnR?
Clever - sure!
But: pleeease fuck them! You will do without that shit. 😘😘😘

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 01:45:30 PM »

I would expect we'll get an opener for the tour soon right? They don't need an opener really but it would help fill the remaining seats and just create a different angle for things.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »

Gut tells me that this far into it, the opener is not going to be a game changer.

One of the reasons I went right to club box.  Want the right to skip, if needed.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 02:07:45 PM »

Exactly!
What sells out AC/DC within minutes - is not a matter of "they are better than GnR (newborn/reborn child again) 😉
They were there! For decades - always - undestroyable!
These are facts - public adores AC/DC - but doesn't remember Guns.
WE do - I do. YOU reading this do - but once again...we are on a FANboard. 😘

And...I don't know if DX remembers this conversation (which was more directed toward mortis...but DX participated on the periphery)...but AC/DC's shows were not all sold out MONTHS after on sale.  I checked, and we talked about this.

Same sort of reasons apply we talked about then.  

In Foxboro they were running either LivingSocial or Groupon deals for AC/DC tickets at deep discounts the week of the show. That show wasn't sold out, and Boston/Foxboro sells well for most shows.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2016, 02:09:19 PM »

Gut tells me that this far into it, the opener is not going to be a game changer.

One of the reasons I went right to club box.  Want the right to skip, if needed.

Yeah it will be some dumb band probably that will be glad to split their 10-15k and go on.

I hope it is someone notable though.

But don't damn me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12:08 PM »

A lesser name will not help with sales.

But might lead to a shorter set and a shorter wait.

I mean, they only gave Alice In Chains 45 minutes, right?

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »

I am hoping for more Canadian dates.   Looks like the fan base is rabid here for them
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2016, 02:19:54 PM »

A lesser name will not help with sales.

But might lead to a shorter set and a shorter wait.

I mean, they only gave Alice In Chains 45 minutes, right?

Yeah they might be out sooner without an opener. I'd be fine with a 9pm start time with no opener.

Alice in Chains opening for them was huge news I thought. I mean it's still 2/4 of the original lineup ya know. And Inez was on the 1995 album too. So it is a good band, and Duvall is pretty good. Just shows you how big this Gn'R thing is. AiC barely was mentioned anywhere.

But don't damn me
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »

Ticketmaster.ca for Toronto literally lists this right now:

See 500+ resale tickets!

(No seats from venue right now.)

So... it's either sold out or they'll release a block of tickets later. New Jersey is sold out (ticketmaster has This show is SOLD OUT in the price section).

Now... other U.S. shows aren't selling as hot, I guess is what I'm hearing. So in other words, it's the same situation as a few years ago. There's a reason GN'R toured Canada pretty heavily during the CD years, they've always had good support North of the border. Plus, it's the only Canadian show. All of Ontario, if they really want to see GN'R, will turn out for it. Beats crossing a border.

NJ gets the folks from NYC, so it's a similar situation.

Still new to see them selling as well as they are in fucking stadiums, though when you look at it, it's more about choosing the right markets (instead of a Hamilton, London, Ottawa, and Toronto show, do just one big Toronto show, and look at the results).

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2016, 04:06:27 PM »

Ticketmaster.ca for Toronto literally lists this right now:

See 500+ resale tickets!

(No seats from venue right now.)

So... it's either sold out or they'll release a block of tickets later. New Jersey is sold out (ticketmaster has This show is SOLD OUT in the price section).

Now... other U.S. shows aren't selling as hot, I guess is what I'm hearing. So in other words, it's the same situation as a few years ago. There's a reason GN'R toured Canada pretty heavily during the CD years, they've always had good support North of the border. Plus, it's the only Canadian show. All of Ontario, if they really want to see GN'R, will turn out for it. Beats crossing a border.

NJ gets the folks from NYC, so it's a similar situation.

Still new to see them selling as well as they are in fucking stadiums, though when you look at it, it's more about choosing the right markets (instead of a Hamilton, London, Ottawa, and Toronto show, do just one big Toronto show, and look at the results).

Canada is a huge supporter of live music (oh know, not this again!)

But I would say only people from Toronto are going to that show.

I will be flying to the states to watch at least one show, as its quicker and cheaper than flying to Toronto.  And I live in Canada!!
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2016, 04:23:13 PM »

Do you think they'll add another NYC show?

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2016, 04:28:44 PM »

Yeah he still has a old reputation of not showing up for gigs sometimes in the past and for coming on really late.

This has mostly been debunked the last few years though. The Vegas shows were so good with critics.. I think all of the shows will sell out or come close to it.

They also came on at midnight.  In a unique town like Las Vegas, and on a weekend, no worries.  A weekday somewhere else?  Not the same thing.

The Las Vegas tickets said 9:30 and they hit the stage at midnight.  If we extrapolate that, my 8:30 ticket in Philly should have them coming on at 11PM. I think that is the absolute max you could push it, and I think they'd be better served aiming more for 10:30.

We have been waiting most of our lives for this tour.  We don't care.  That guy who liked them back in the day and is willing to take a walk down memory lane...he may not find the 11:45 start time on a Wednesday night quite as charming as we do.

Bottom line : the diehards already have their tickets.  The remaining seats will need to be filled by casuals.

Yeah, my Seattle ticket says 7:30pm.  I think everything will be moved up outside of Vegas.  I'm guessing around 10pm for the 7:30 shows

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »

Dallas is 8 pm. I wouldn't expect them to go on any later then 10 pm like they did in 2011 when they were here.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2016, 04:54:52 PM »

Dallas is 8 pm. I wouldn't expect them to go on any later then 10 pm like they did in 2011 when they were here.

If there is still daylight out.  I doubt they will be on stage.   
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2016, 05:06:27 PM »

Why not? They've gone on when it was light out still before. Remember Paris 92? It was still sunny out. Besides it won't be light out still in August in Dallas. Sunset is before 8:30 by that time of year. So it'll be completely dark by 9 pm.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2016, 05:14:58 PM »

Why not? They've gone on when it was light out still before. Remember Paris 92? It was still sunny out. Besides it won't be light out still in August in Dallas. Sunset is before 8:30 by that time of year. So it'll be completely dark by 9 pm.

Paris was a ppv, with ppv rules and ppv time

They will not be playing during daylight during this tour.....

But if they do, cool
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2016, 05:29:42 PM »

Paris was a ppv, with ppv rules and ppv time

They will not be playing during daylight during this tour.....

But if they do, cool
It won't be light out though. Even if they played Dallas at the beginning of the tour in June sunset is 20 to nine at the latest. It would still be completely dark by 9:30. So 9:30-10 start time is very likely. Another thing to consider is many of these stadiums are open air and likely have strict curfews and fines if you go over. When they played Gexa Energy Pavilion in Dallas in 2011 they went on 30 minutes earlier then every other show on the tour that were indoors and finished 15-20 minutes earlier. It was obvious they were on a strict time constraint schedule. That likely won't affect Dallas though since AT&T has a retractable roof and i can't see them leaving it open in August in Dallas. Not if they don't want the band to get heat exhaustion as well as all the fans in attendance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: