Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:55:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 88754 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #240 on: May 21, 2016, 08:38:01 AM »

Or does all these AC/DC clips make people think they should go see GN'R?

If you're in the US watching those clips, what's your first chance of seeing him sing? GN'R's upcoming tour.

To answer your question. It depends. Who buys tickets? People on Facebook or people who have no time for social media? I'd say both.
I don't think releasing one clip is the universal answer. I mean, the shows sold out without any of that. No interviews.

Yes, you'd be happy as a pig in shit. But that doesn't mean it works for everyone else. Some might just not buy a ticket until they know if they can afford it, or until they know if it's gonna rain day of the show....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #241 on: May 21, 2016, 10:54:23 AM »

Or does all these AC/DC clips make people think they should go see GN'R?

If you're in the US watching those clips, what's your first chance of seeing him sing? GN'R's upcoming tour.

Big time.

If your biggest concern was Axl, you can't have any questions after seeing these AC/DC clips.

That's why I keep posting them on my wall.  Drum up some business.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: May 23, 2016, 03:07:13 PM »

Exactly. So in a way, he's promoting GN'R by doing these European AC/DC shows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #243 on: May 28, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »

Just checked what's available for Dallas for the first time in a week or so. Section D is still available. Last time i checked it was row 10, now its row 21. So a lot have sold in that section. in the 100s you can now get some in C109 and still 127. In the 200s you can get C235 and 218. Some new multiples are available in the 300s in 318. in the 400s its still 412 and 418.
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2016, 03:57:19 AM »

I was wondering how ticket sales where doing for the tour it makes interesting reading this thread for sure.

Very few stadium shows really ever get completly sell out these big barns i can only at this moment in time think of maybe McCartney and Springsteen that can sell them out feel free to add more of course,i think another reason is the way tickets are sold nowadays how many times have you sat waiting for that Justin Bieber hot ticket ;)only to be told its a sell out only for more tickets to arrive a few days later?

I think the tour wil do quite well,if dates are cancelled it wont be down to the band it'll be doen to the promoter who after all needs to make cash from the enterprise after all but it'll be cool im sure,i think there's a little bit of a reality check going on with us fans that perhaps the outside world of music has moved on since Guns were in their pomp and are now considered a nostagia act,which is a bloody shame as Axl seems on fire at the moment.
siraddam
Headliner

« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2016, 04:28:18 AM »

Guns were the biggest band in the world back in the day, and a tour like this would have more than likely sold out then. When the Illusion's albums were released.
The world has changed so much now it's difficult to compare, the tour is definitely going to be a success, hopefully a bit of new music will come out of it too. They'll sell out in the UK for sure, still massive over here.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2016, 09:02:37 AM »

Guns were the biggest band in the world back in the day, and a tour like this would have more than likely sold out then. When the Illusion's albums were released.
The world has changed so much now it's difficult to compare, the tour is definitely going to be a success, hopefully a bit of new music will come out of it too. They'll sell out in the UK for sure, still massive over here.

With added shows and multiple shows at various venues I think they are doing pretty well on ticket sales...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »

Totally agree with Jarmo...Axl as Acdc is big promotion for Guns n Roses...Axl did great job on these shiws and nongnr fans met real Axl...

Gnr have soldout shows now and it is great success...On the other hand you can see Acdc arena shiws in US didn't sellout
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #248 on: May 29, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »

Totally agree with Jarmo...Axl as Acdc is big promotion for Guns n Roses...Axl did great job on these shiws and nongnr fans met real Axl...

Gnr have soldout shows now and it is great success...On the other hand you can see Acdc arena shiws in US didn't sellout

My personal op:

Right now.. Axl doing ac/dc is a win win for everyone involved...

However.. im not sure how id feel if he is fronting ac/dc on a long term basis. A lot of questions would come from that. ultimately.. there is a lot of fans world-wide who want to see axl up there with slash and duff.. i fall into this category, im from Aus, so 2017 at the earliest is my best chance if its on the agenda. If Axl is doing world tours with Ac/Dc (and lets be honest, that show is going to roll on regardless).. then with the success of those shows so far would ac/dc want anyone else fronting for them now? I highly doubt it.

So if that happens.. how much time of Axl's is that going to take away from Guns? whether it be a world tour or new music? lots of questions..
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #249 on: May 29, 2016, 09:27:06 PM »

My personal op:

However.. im not sure how id feel if he is fronting ac/dc on a long term basis. A lot of questions would come from that. ultimately.. there is a lot of fans world-wide who want to see axl up there with slash and duff.. i fall into this category, im from Aus, so 2017 at the earliest is my best chance if its on the agenda. If Axl is doing world tours with Ac/Dc (and lets be honest, that show is going to roll on regardless).. then with the success of those shows so far would ac/dc want anyone else fronting for them now? I highly doubt it.

So if that happens.. how much time of Axl's is that going to take away from Guns? whether it be a world tour or new music? lots of questions..

It's called

Rock or bust.  For a reason

I say have at it as long as he can. 

If there is ever a problem    Guns should be the priority.   Or really what ever he is making the most cake off of should be.  I hope it's guns

I look at it like this

For years all these touring members of guns had side bands and we we're always told guns was there priority.   Well the same should be with Axl.

It just happens that his side band is one of the biggest bands in the world.  It is selling out stadiums while others bands are selling out bars

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2016, 10:54:20 AM »

Guns will always be Ax's bread and butter. The AC/DC thing is just a novelty and a challenge. He needed it, wanted it, and will come out the better for doing it.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #251 on: June 01, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »

The floor for Dallas is now almost completely sold out. The new tickets that were released in D are gone and now in H the best you can get is row 40 for 3 tickets or more. The rest still have the same sections available except in the 400s. 419 now appears sold out and the best available for 45.50 is now 418.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2016, 05:56:32 PM »

The majority of the shows are selling really well. A few of the markets might need that extra effort promotion-wise to get things moving (maybe in combination with a price reduction).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2016, 06:19:29 PM »

The majority of the shows are selling really well. A few of the markets might need that extra effort promotion-wise to get things moving (maybe in combination with a price reduction).

Seems that way.  I expect most houses to be packed.

Well, the first nights, anyway.  Maybe not some of those second nights.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2016, 06:37:33 PM »

2nd LA night looks to be selling alright. Chicago and Boston need a boost it seems. New York is ok, but quite a lot of seats available still.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #255 on: June 06, 2016, 10:57:16 PM »

2nd LA night looks to be selling alright. Chicago and Boston need a boost it seems. New York is ok, but quite a lot of seats available still.
I believe with Boston for the second show they've already decided the 300s will be closed completely.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2016, 11:13:22 PM »

I believe with Boston for the second show they've already decided the 300s will be closed completely.

They mentioned that in the article about the curfew, but they are still selling 300 level seats... What happens if you have a 300 level seat? Do you get upgraded for free?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2016, 02:29:06 AM »

They mentioned that in the article about the curfew, but they are still selling 300 level seats... What happens if you have a 300 level seat? Do you get upgraded for free?
That's a good question. That would be pretty awesome if you have a 300 level ticket and get upgraded if they decide the close it because there aren't enough sold on that level to justify keeping it open.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2016, 04:14:59 AM »

My personal op:

I'm in Aus too and you know what? I want to see Axl with ACDC as well as gnr. When Bon died I lost interest & now I'm learning 36years of songs I missed out on. The one thing I've noticed is with ACDC it's full on, no ballads or soft songs whereas at least in gnr they've got more ballads so Axl's voice doesn't have to roar out for every song.
I enjoy him singing different songs, something I never thought I'd say. The gnr tour will obviously be fantastic but it's back to songs he was singing in the late 80s. I also feel so isolated here when you read that people are going to several concerts, the distance to travel is much shorter.
Now I'm starting to want new music, hear new songs. Lets hope the rumours are true & they'll be this side of the world at the start of 2017.
Ayako
Rocker

my soul want Guns and Roses

« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2016, 04:15:03 AM »

I heard a rumor the band is coming back to Japan next Feb!!!!
If so I am sure I am in!!  hihi hihi hihi hihi

Crossed Fingers!! drool

A fan since 1987. First show at Budokan in 1988. Visiting Korea, Toronto, Leading, Las Vegas, Malaysia, Chicago, Minneapolis, Las Vegas etc to see the shows!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: