Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 88752 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2016, 01:06:41 AM »

Ticket sales for that 2nd Chicago show look pretty grim, unfortunately.

I think the tickets are selling fairly well all around considering the prices.  These prices are very high, no way around that.  The Foo Fighters played a stadium tour last year and the GA Floor was 75 dollars and the all the seats ranged from 45 to 60 bucks.  Those are prices meant to fill a stadium.  Seats on the upper levels  for the GNR tour are going for around $150 or so, its really crazy.  It's hard to justify for some people.  Now that is not to say a random Foo Fighter tour is on the same level as what GNR are about to do, I am just talking about the price of shows.  It's hard to swing for some people.  The demand to see the band is there, but the prices are definitely putting some people off.  If the GNR prices were closer to the Foo Fighters I almost guarantee every show would be sold out across the board.  The fact that they are still selling out shows at these prices is remarkable and a tribute to the legacy of the band.  When you look at Spirits breakdown on the ticket sales it really shows how impressive it is.  The fact the band could fill MSG 7 or 8 times in a row is insane.  I also believe once the tour gets rolling this week more tickets will sell.

I am going to 3 shows, so it obviously set me back big time, but I am a crazy person who sometimes makes poor decisions.  hihi  I also love GNR more than I love some of my family members.  I have seen every incarnation of the band since 2002 and in my opinion this is the biggest tour in the bands history, so I just decided to go all out.  But I can totally understand, and have talked to many people who like GNR and would have loved to go if the prices were at least half of what they are.  For me I just skipped every other tour this year that is not GNR related, so I wound up spending about the same as I usually would per year on shows.
There are reasonably priced tickets for this tour though. Obviously not the best seats but if you don't mind needing binoculars or the monitors to see you can get tickets to most shows between 45-100. For AT&T stadium only the floor, 100s and 200s are 150 and up. So it isn't like every single ticket is outrageously priced. It's just a matter if you're ok with not having great seats.

Yeah definitely, and if you look at most of the stadiums the 45-50 tix are all gone or close to it.  Who wouldn't spend that to see GNR?   $150 for a ticket in the 200s is on the high side.  The prices are high, but I don't think they are outrageous, especially with what you are going to get with this show.  Like I think the lower levels being the range they are makes sense, but those mid levels and uppers are a little high and those seem to be the ones that aren't moving as swiftly.  The floor at all these places have sold really well and they are the most expensive ticket, nobody has a problem dropping money to be on the floor, its just some of the mid levels are priced a little strange. 

Just using the NJ show as an example, I don't think anything in section 137  which is elevated lower level in the middle of the stadium should be  285 dollars which is the same price as the PIT, but they are.  That doesn't really add up to me.   Also a lot of the top levels there are over 100 dollars, thats high for a lot of people.

All that said, people way more educated on the subject than me set the prices, so they obviously know better.  I just have had some people tell me they thought the prices were a little high for some of the sections, so I thought I would throw that out there.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:13:56 AM by Bodhi » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2016, 03:52:48 AM »

Ticket sales for that 2nd Chicago show look pretty grim, unfortunately.

I think the tickets are selling fairly well all around considering the prices.  These prices are very high, no way around that.  The Foo Fighters played a stadium tour last year and the GA Floor was 75 dollars and the all the seats ranged from 45 to 60 bucks.  Those are prices meant to fill a stadium.  Seats on the upper levels  for the GNR tour are going for around $150 or so, its really crazy.  It's hard to justify for some people.  Now that is not to say a random Foo Fighter tour is on the same level as what GNR are about to do, I am just talking about the price of shows.  It's hard to swing for some people.  The demand to see the band is there, but the prices are definitely putting some people off.  If the GNR prices were closer to the Foo Fighters I almost guarantee every show would be sold out across the board.  The fact that they are still selling out shows at these prices is remarkable and a tribute to the legacy of the band.  When you look at Spirits breakdown on the ticket sales it really shows how impressive it is.  The fact the band could fill MSG 7 or 8 times in a row is insane.  I also believe once the tour gets rolling this week more tickets will sell.

I am going to 3 shows, so it obviously set me back big time, but I am a crazy person who sometimes makes poor decisions.  hihi  I also love GNR more than I love some of my family members.  I have seen every incarnation of the band since 2002 and in my opinion this is the biggest tour in the bands history, so I just decided to go all out.  But I can totally understand, and have talked to many people who like GNR and would have loved to go if the prices were at least half of what they are.  For me I just skipped every other tour this year that is not GNR related, so I wound up spending about the same as I usually would per year on shows.
There are reasonably priced tickets for this tour though. Obviously not the best seats but if you don't mind needing binoculars or the monitors to see you can get tickets to most shows between 45-100. For AT&T stadium only the floor, 100s and 200s are 150 and up. So it isn't like every single ticket is outrageously priced. It's just a matter if you're ok with not having great seats.

Yeah definitely, and if you look at most of the stadiums the 45-50 tix are all gone or close to it.  Who wouldn't spend that to see GNR?   $150 for a ticket in the 200s is on the high side.  The prices are high, but I don't think they are outrageous, especially with what you are going to get with this show.  Like I think the lower levels being the range they are makes sense, but those mid levels and uppers are a little high and those seem to be the ones that aren't moving as swiftly.  The floor at all these places have sold really well and they are the most expensive ticket, nobody has a problem dropping money to be on the floor, its just some of the mid levels are priced a little strange. 

Just using the NJ show as an example, I don't think anything in section 137  which is elevated lower level in the middle of the stadium should be  285 dollars which is the same price as the PIT, but they are.  That doesn't really add up to me.   Also a lot of the top levels there are over 100 dollars, thats high for a lot of people.

All that said, people way more educated on the subject than me set the prices, so they obviously know better.  I just have had some people tell me they thought the prices were a little high for some of the sections, so I thought I would throw that out there.
I wish all the stadiums had that interactive map so you could see exactly what is available and where. AT&T stadium doesn't have it so i can only go by what i can pull up. in the 400s i can still pull up 3 together in 443 for the 59.50 tickets or 418 for 45.50. I thought they'd be sold out by now cause that is very affordable. Even the 200s in AT&T have very affordable. You of course have your 150 tickets in the club area but in the back you can get reasonably price tickets for 79 and 99.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2016, 09:21:22 AM »

Yup.

I am certainly not mad about it... I have no problem with them charging as much as they can... but I decided as of now to not go to the second night in New Jersey...

The tickets, gas, tolls , parking, food and beer... it all adds up.

I am hoping the price comes down or there is a groupon like we have seen in the past. Traveling out to Vegas, expensive seats for night 1 and the ACDC show in September... had to make a tough decision... but again... I will probably cave as we get closer.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2016, 01:24:56 PM »

It's funny because, at least for me, the first night at Met Life I don't get the interactive ability to look at or choose seats.  The second night, I do. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2016, 02:08:07 PM »

Someone at MYGNR just posted screenshots of the seats sold for each show.  Most look pretty strong. 

Second nights are bloodbaths.  NO ONE will be there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »

Someone at MYGNR just posted screenshots of the seats sold for each show.  Most look pretty strong. 

Second nights in New York and LA don't look too bad so far. I think those two dates also will benefit from being big tourist cities, drawing people closer to the show dates.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »

Second nights in New York and LA don't look too bad so far. I think those two dates also will benefit from being big tourist cities, drawing people closer to the show dates.

They are going to have to paper the shit out of these 2nd shows.

Very good chance some poor bastard that paid the full boat will be surrounded by people with deeply discounted (if not free) tickets.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »

They are going to have to paper the shit out of these 2nd shows.

Very good chance some poor bastard that paid the full boat will be surrounded by people with deeply discounted (if not free) tickets.

They will probably close the upper section and move people down the second nights in Boston and Chicago.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2016, 02:36:23 PM »

Pretty much have to.

Not sure what other choice they will have.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »

This is the 2nd LA show, is it very bad?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »

This is the 2nd LA show, is it very bad?

In my opinion for a 2nd show that picture looks great.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:32 PM »

I agree, no problems there.

2nd Chicago show is just a sea of blue seats.  Meaning they haven't been sold the first time, forget resale.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2016, 03:32:52 PM »

I wonder if some of these 2nd night shows with extra GA capacity will get listed as usable for the Free Ticket Vouchers that are being released as part of the TM class action suit.

I ended up with 17 codes (each good for a pair of tickets) from them. Smiley

It says "Live Nation owned venues, operated tours, or specially selected performances"...so we'll see.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:36:18 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »

Does anybody have a good idea about the first show in Detroit .. is it mostly sold?

There is no interactive map for Detroit with ticketmaster... you have to go thru the Ford Field website.

It would be nice if the first show gets fantastic reviews and all the articles say in front of a sold out Michigan crowd...etc etc

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »

Yes, let's all focus on that. Instead of the other stuff...

Sorry for being such a killjoy. But the tour is starting this week and all some can focus on is the tickets that weren't sold yet.
Oh well, back to packing....  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #315 on: June 20, 2016, 04:19:22 PM »

Yes, let's all focus on that. Instead of the other stuff...

Sorry for being such a killjoy. But the tour is starting this week and all some can focus on is the tickets that weren't sold yet.
Oh well, back to packing....  Kiss

/jarmo

Oh, I am SUPER psyched for the shows...and esp for "my" show at MetLife.  And I could pretty much CARE LESS what the sales are for the 2nd shows because, quite frankly, they're going to make money even if they are half filled stadiums (which is all the promoter cares about, really)...and that bodes well for future tours. And the other "first" shows seem to be selling REALLY well.  I wanna see these guys as much as possible, for as long as possible, and I think we're well down that path, now.  And that's good news for all of us!

My comment on the freebies is actually much more selfish (and, in fact, TM pays the artist/promoter portion of the ducats for those tickets...so they are "real" tickets for the promoter and band, not papering): I'd love to get a crack at free GA tix for Boston on Wednesday.  I've been contemplating it, anyway.  Smiley  And I'd love, love, love (given how much I HATE TM) for TM to have to buy them for me. Wink  I don't think it's high probability, but I think it's something fans might want to keep an eye on, over the next couple weeks.  Because if they do go up, I think you're gonna see a LOT of fans take advantage of it for GnR shows.  I can't think of a show I'd RATHER use one of my codes on, quite frankly!!  I'd get to support my favorite band AND screw Ticketmaster!

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #316 on: June 20, 2016, 04:25:04 PM »

Yeah, sure there might be some discounts for some show(s). Which would make it possible for some fans to see the band, that otherwise couldn't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2016, 05:28:51 PM »

Does anybody have a good idea about the first show in Detroit .. is it mostly sold?

There is no interactive map for Detroit with ticketmaster... you have to go thru the Ford Field website.

It would be nice if the first show gets fantastic reviews and all the articles say in front of a sold out Michigan crowd...etc etc

Yeah, big time.

I assume a few publications will be sending someone for a big splashy review.  Would be some great press.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »

Oh, I am SUPER psyched for the shows...and esp for "my" show at MetLife.  And I could pretty much CARE LESS what the sales are for the 2nd shows because, quite frankly, they're going to make money even if they are half filled stadiums (which is all the promoter cares about, really)...and that bodes well for future tours. And the other "first" shows seem to be selling REALLY well.  I wanna see these guys as much as possible, for as long as possible, and I think we're well down that path, now.  And that's good news for all of us!

Same here.  I am as excited about this as any concert I've ever seen, any act.

My stadium looks packed.  I can't wait.  Seeing that sea of humanity at a GNR concert in 2016 will be beyond awesome.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2016, 07:51:40 PM »

I wonder if some of these 2nd night shows with extra GA capacity will get listed as usable for the Free Ticket Vouchers that are being released as part of the TM class action suit.

I ended up with 17 codes (each good for a pair of tickets) from them. Smiley

It says "Live Nation owned venues, operated tours, or specially selected performances"...so we'll see.

I doubt it. It'll probably be some crappy shows that TicketMaster will put on the list.  It would be cool to get free tickets for a NY Giants game, but I doubt it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: