Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 88752 times)
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »

Yes, let's all focus on that. Instead of the other stuff...

Sorry for being such a killjoy. But the tour is starting this week and all some can focus on is the tickets that weren't sold yet.
Oh well, back to packing....  Kiss

/jarmo

Yes, I find it quite odd reading people whining about tickets not being sold. Lets pray for a good periscope for the opening date!!  beer
Q4Q4LS1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2016, 12:29:59 AM »

I don't understand why they would go with a stadium tour initially without new material. All it takes is a good single and it would get plenty of air play with Slash and Duff on the track. Also, the ticket prices are another big reason why some stadiums are not selling well. They are pretty ridiculous. I've seen these guys 3 times in the past 5 years and they all were killer shows.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2016, 06:45:17 AM »

I wonder if some of these 2nd night shows with extra GA capacity will get listed as usable for the Free Ticket Vouchers that are being released as part of the TM class action suit.

I ended up with 17 codes (each good for a pair of tickets) from them. Smiley

It says "Live Nation owned venues, operated tours, or specially selected performances"...so we'll see.

I doubt it. It'll probably be some crappy shows that TicketMaster will put on the list.  It would be cool to get free tickets for a NY Giants game, but I doubt it.

Yeah, list is finally out. No GNR so there goes my pipe dream. Sad

Lots of decent country music offerings.  The pop and rock is a little (to me) underwhelming.  Not TERRIBLE (Black Sabbath, Slipknot, Def Leppard, Heart) but not anything of a "GnR" caliber show, IMHO.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2016, 09:12:05 AM »

I don't understand why they would go with a stadium tour initially without new material. All it takes is a good single and it would get plenty of air play with Slash and Duff on the track. Also, the ticket prices are another big reason why some stadiums are not selling well. They are pretty ridiculous. I've seen these guys 3 times in the past 5 years and they all were killer shows.

I see that argument, at least in theory.

But then, I also see the pretty crazy amount of tickets they were able to move, basically not lifting a finger.  No press, no interviews, no pics, no nothing. 

Seen through that lens, it's kind of hard to knock their approach.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2016, 10:04:19 AM »

The second shows weren't necessary. It is not good for Axl to go back to back nights...not good for publicity if they have to cancel...yada yada yada.

Anyhow, closing in...can't wait.  peace

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #325 on: June 21, 2016, 12:39:45 PM »

Well, you have to give them credit for going balls to the wall. I would imagine Live Nation is the one pushing the extra shows in the big markets.  Undecided

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #326 on: June 21, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »

Well, you have to give them credit for going balls to the wall. I would imagine Live Nation is the one pushing the extra shows in the big markets.  Undecided

Live Nation's promos have been excellent.

See at least 2 in my Facebook feed every day.  A general ad, and then one for my particular show here in Philly.

They've been great.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2016, 09:41:49 PM »

There is a difference between not selling well and not being sold out...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »

Would anyone know about how many walk ups are coming to each concert?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2016, 08:31:11 PM »

Looks like ticketmaster revamped their ticketing system. I was just looking at what is available for AT&T stadium. It now shows everything that is avail able instead of being able to sort by price or section. From what it is showing me for standard tickets and resale as well as VIP packages there's less then 200 tickets left. You can't even get accessible seating anymore. The crowd for this show should be massive and one of the largest of the tour.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2016, 02:10:46 AM »

I thought it was pretty ballsy to book a stadium tour with no interviews, publicity, etc., just on their reputation and, now that the shows have started, great reviews and word of mouth. I saw them in Vegas, just went to DC, and Philly is next. Pretty great time to be a GnR fan! The crowd in DC was totally into it, and I overheard nothing but positive reviews on the way to the parking lot. As far as the second night shows, the stage is already set up, which is a huge money saver right there (no tear down, no travel, no building the stage again), so even if they only sell the lower levels, even at a cheaper price, it's gotta be a money maker. All I know is, I've been a fan of this band since the beginning , and I'm fucking stoked to be seeing them in stadiums again! GnFnR!!!!

Anybody hear who the opener in Philly is yet? I hope it's not AIC

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2016, 02:23:17 AM »

I thought it was pretty ballsy to book a stadium tour with no interviews, publicity, etc., just on their reputation and, now that the shows have started, great reviews and word of mouth. I saw them in Vegas, just went to DC, and Philly is next. Pretty great time to be a GnR fan! The crowd in DC was totally into it, and I overheard nothing but positive reviews on the way to the parking lot. As far as the second night shows, the stage is already set up, which is a huge money saver right there (no tear down, no travel, no building the stage again), so even if they only sell the lower levels, even at a cheaper price, it's gotta be a money maker. All I know is, I've been a fan of this band since the beginning , and I'm fucking stoked to be seeing them in stadiums again! GnFnR!!!!

Philly will have Wolfmother as an opener.
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2016, 03:12:54 AM »

Philly will have Wolfmother as an opener.
[/quote

That's awesome! I like them!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2016, 11:45:38 AM »

ticketmaster just released some great tickets for the 7/23 show. Im glad I waited! Just scooped up section 2 tix.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »

ticketmaster just released some great tickets for the 7/23 show. Im glad I waited! Just scooped up section 2 tix.

Yeah, they have been coming out in blocks this week. We were able to upgrade from 335 to 115. My wife is 5ft4....so we avoid floor seats when we go to shows together, since she cant see shit. Wink. But i was totally psyched for what we found!

Together again,
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2016, 01:59:09 PM »

Toronto tickets avail again.  Not many and most limited view but check it out
icpillusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »

I just exchanged my tickets for closer seats for Metlife. You're allowed a one time exchange for equal value. Just call 1-800-653-8000.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »

Yeah, they have been coming out in blocks this week. We were able to upgrade from 335 to 115. My wife is 5ft4....so we avoid floor seats when we go to shows together, since she cant see shit. Wink. But i was totally psyched for what we found!

glad you were able to upgrade. See ya there!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2016, 11:25:29 AM »

glad you were able to upgrade. See ya there!

You gonna hit redds before the show?

Together again,
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »

I realize that it may be different from show to show, but can you freely move from one GA pit section to another?  I just got an upgrade from section B, row 29 to GA Pit 2 in Cincy- I really want to be on Slash's side, but I couldn't turn down the chance to be right up front.

Btw, the Ticketmaster rep said that I was really lucky to get that because this is an extremely popular event- so Cincy sales are definitely good.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: