Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ticket Sales for Not In This Lifetime... Tour  (Read 88752 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2016, 02:29:26 PM »

ticketmaster just released some great tickets for the 7/23 show. Im glad I waited! Just scooped up section 2 tix.

Yeah, they have been coming out in blocks this week. We were able to upgrade from 335 to 115. My wife is 5ft4....so we avoid floor seats when we go to shows together, since she cant see shit. Wink. But i was totally psyched for what we found!

glad you were able to upgrade. See ya there!

You gonna hit redds before the show?

Probably just going to pre game in the parking lot

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »

I realize that it may be different from show to show, but can you freely move from one GA pit section to another?  I just got an upgrade from section B, row 29 to GA Pit 2 in Cincy- I really want to be on Slash's side, but I couldn't turn down the chance to be right up front.

Btw, the Ticketmaster rep said that I was really lucky to get that because this is an extremely popular event- so Cincy sales are definitely good.

People who've been to the shows says the two pits are separated, you can't move from one till the other.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Slashblack
Opening Act

« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2016, 03:54:33 PM »

Bummer, but it's still a big upgrade over 29 rows behind the pit!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2016, 04:40:27 PM »

Bummer, but it's still a big upgrade over 29 rows behind the pit!

Slash comes over to that side frequently during the show, so it doesn't really matter what side you are on, that is a massive upgrade.   ok
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:43:53 PM by Bodhi » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2016, 06:32:15 PM »

ticketmaster just released some great tickets for the 7/23 show. Im glad I waited! Just scooped up section 2 tix.

Yeah, they have been coming out in blocks this week. We were able to upgrade from 335 to 115. My wife is 5ft4....so we avoid floor seats when we go to shows together, since she cant see shit. Wink. But i was totally psyched for what we found!

glad you were able to upgrade. See ya there!

You gonna hit redds before the show?

Probably just going to pre game in the parking lot

We are coming from about 2.5 hours away. I need jack and cold coke....plus dinner. Wink

Prolly spend some time in the parkng lot from 7 til 8...then in tje bud light gate.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
zod
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #345 on: July 06, 2016, 08:11:06 PM »

Hmm so what's going on with the openers for seattle/san fran?  It's a been while since the last announcement and now they skipped over those shows and announced Glendale.    Trying to book a bigish act to help sell tickets?

edit: or it's AIC, and they wanted to wait until after they did their own show in seattle.
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #346 on: July 06, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »

Looks like ticketmaster revamped their ticketing system. I was just looking at what is available for AT&T stadium. It now shows everything that is avail able instead of being able to sort by price or section. From what it is showing me for standard tickets and resale as well as VIP packages there's less then 200 tickets left. You can't even get accessible seating anymore. The crowd for this show should be massive and one of the largest of the tour.

Well, that's good news, I hope you are right so I can sell my extra ticket. I priced it at face value and will eat the service charges.

But what is strange is that I got an email from some discount seller called TravelZoo or something like that is offering half price tix to GNR at Arlington. They are selling $45 tickets for $23, so that made me think there are plenty of seats left.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #347 on: July 06, 2016, 10:35:14 PM »

I just checked resale tickets for Arlington and there are 1,626 listed. The stadium holds 90,000+ but with one-third or so blocked off there should be 60,000-65,000. So it is almost sold out.

Oddly, the price that ticketmaster has listed for my ticket is different than the price I indicated. I keep changing the offered price to what I want but ticketmaster has set a higher price. I guess there is a minimum? Who knows, other than ticketmaster is the most fucked up company in America other than DirecTV and AT&T.

That said, people in section H, which is far back, have way higher prices than my section A, row 4, so I remain hopeful.

I am sure, however, that ticketmaster will fuck me one way or another because that is what it does.

I hate ticketmaster with a passion. 

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #348 on: July 06, 2016, 10:44:24 PM »

I just checked resale tickets for Arlington and there are 1,626 listed. The stadium holds 90,000+ but with one-third or so blocked off there should be 60,000-65,000. So it is almost sold out.

Oddly, the price that ticketmaster has listed for my ticket is different than the price I indicated. I keep changing the offered price to what I want but ticketmaster has set a higher price. I guess there is a minimum? Who knows, other than ticketmaster is the most fucked up company in America other than DirecTV and AT&T.

That said, people in section H, which is far back, have way higher prices than my section A, row 4, so I remain hopeful.

I am sure, however, that ticketmaster will fuck me one way or another because that is what it does.

Yeah there isn't much left from ticketmaster for that show whether its through TM or their resale. Just a few thousand. You gotta take into account the few thousand available through stubhub as well. It is gonna be packed though.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #349 on: July 06, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »

Hmm so what's going on with the openers for seattle/san fran?  It's a been while since the last announcement and now they skipped over those shows and announced Glendale.    Trying to book a bigish act to help sell tickets?

edit: or it's AIC, and they wanted to wait until after they did their own show in seattle.

I think they're plenty of tickets available for this show, so maybe they are trying to get a big name opener? 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2016, 01:05:04 AM »

Does anybody know the real attendance of the 1st show in Chicago, allegedly ''sold out''?
I was there. I didn't like the seat they gave me (the view was completely obstructed by a tent with dont-know-what-things) and decided to go the the grades.
Once in the grades, I was able to choose between a lot of empty seats.
On a another note, why in the world do they put chairs in the field section?  Huh

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2016, 07:17:09 AM »

Ticketmaster takes the price you want to sell for (which equates to the exact amount you will get per ticket) and adds their fees and such to it, to get to a final price.

So, if you sell a ticket for, say, 90...they're going to list it at 101 (or whatever), so that they make money on the resale...and the processing fee...etc.  Basically, they make money 3x on the tickets you sell...all off the back of the buyer.  You'll still get $90 for your ticket, though.

That's the difference with, say, stubhub.  Stubhub charges the amount you set, and takes their fees off the seller, and then charges the buyer a processing fee, too.  But they basically make their money off BOTH buyer and seller.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2016, 07:19:13 AM »

Does anybody know the real attendance of the 1st show in Chicago, allegedly ''sold out''?
I was there. I didn't like the seat they gave me (the view was completely obstructed by a tent with dont-know-what-things) and decided to go the the grades.
Once in the grades, I was able to choose between a lot of empty seats.
On a another note, why in the world do they put chairs in the field section?  Huh

It's pretty common to put chairs on the floor/field in the US. It's for a combination of fire code and liability reasons.  Not EVERY county/arena/stadium is the same, but at this point, most are.  For arena and stadium shows, you're prolly gonna see seats set up at 90% or more of them.

Festivals are a different animal, and give you the ability to move around (stage to stage, etc).

Together again,
cjw_011
Opening Act

« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »

Available 2 Tickets PHILLY below face value...

HARD TICKETS!

Printed Price $150 plus roughly $25 in fees

Philly Section 105 Row 3 Seats 12 & 13.

$260 - finestatus@aol.com - first commitment gets them

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #354 on: July 15, 2016, 02:00:08 AM »

Interesting, a new price tier has been added for the AT&T stadium show. You can now get really cheap tickets up in 443 for only $30.
gunsbetterthanever
Rocker

« Reply #355 on: July 15, 2016, 05:31:05 PM »

Funny but honest Question:  When you are in the PIT, how hard is it to get drinks or bathroom breaks?

....Hey Yeah.....Are ya Ready?
AllieBee
Opening Act

« Reply #356 on: July 15, 2016, 08:31:33 PM »

I agree. They have been a nightmare to deal with. I wanted to list my tickets for resale as well but I couldn't give anyone a good deal because the fees ticketmaster added on were ridiculous. no
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #357 on: July 15, 2016, 08:39:37 PM »

Ticketmaster takes the price you want to sell for (which equates to the exact amount you will get per ticket) and adds their fees and such to it, to get to a final price.

So, if you sell a ticket for, say, 90...they're going to list it at 101 (or whatever), so that they make money on the resale...and the processing fee...etc.  Basically, they make money 3x on the tickets you sell...all off the back of the buyer.  You'll still get $90 for your ticket, though.

That's the difference with, say, stubhub.  Stubhub charges the amount you set, and takes their fees off the seller, and then charges the buyer a processing fee, too.  But they basically make their money off BOTH buyer and seller.

I understand all of that and it is semi-normal, i.e, I understand that the equation is price + fees+ commission. But what ticketfuck does is worse and probably illegal.
I listed my ticket for $252, the minimum it would allow for a $250 face value ticket. For my listed price the buyer would pay $339 or something close to that. You can do the  math to see how much they make. I checked resale tickets available on TM and my seat was listed for $288, not $252. So the fuckers are making money on top of money. So they charge $288 plus fees and commission. My ticket sold and the fuckers are sending me $252, not the $288 that they had as the list price. That is what I meant.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #358 on: July 15, 2016, 10:09:08 PM »

Funny but honest Question:  When you are in the PIT, how hard is it to get drinks or bathroom breaks?
I've only had pit tickets once, but I made sure my bladder was empty and was done drinking once I found my spot. Didn't want to risk losing it. Aren't you assigned a "seat" in the pit for this tour, or is that just so they can keep count of how many tickets they sell?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: