Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R Behind THe Music is supposedly being produced.  (Read 67774 times)
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2004, 02:11:47 AM »

All he's proven over the last ten years is that he's a bitter and broken man too scared to face the world.  

Maybe, he just hates the world.  It's terribly sad anyway don't you think?  The fact is; no, Axl wasn't the only thing that made GnR, but he is undoubtedly the favorite topic of discussion and fascination when it comes to GnR.  

It is terribly sad, no doubt.  I don't claim to understand what the hell his problem is, but I do know he could do something about it if he really wanted to.  You are right about him being the favorite topic of discussion concerning GNR, but it's for all the wrong reasons.  VR has got people talking about Slash & Duff again, though, and for all the right reasons.  These guys are a true inspiration, while Axl has turned himself into a disgrace; the general public, I think, is not ignorant of this.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2004, 11:24:57 AM »

Furthermore, Slash and Duff (and Izzy) were the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses.  It was they who made GNR great.
Indeed, but Axl made them legendary

While they were getting their lives together after years of drug and alcohol abuse, they have had to watch as Axl has dragged the GNR name through the mud.
Aside from the cancelled tour how exacetly has Axl ruined the gnr himself? Its not his fault peopel make up rumors and people create theories about CD. Because he has chosen to remain silent people have jumped all over him.

They've watched as Axl has insulted them every opportunity he got.
Oh really? Ok so Axl releases a Press release and talks about the issue for the 1st time in years. Bad Axl. Axl goes on tour and in a handful of rants tells the fans how the old guys didnt want to do certain songs. Axl goes to rio and tells his fans that slash and co. ar eno lobegr his fans. Axl your such an evil guy.

NOw when do we start counting the endless times we have heard slash's story. Let me know when we can start counting them.

Its funny how its ok for slash to comment on gnr because hes "always being asked about it" yet when axl is asked about it hes an asshole and cant let go of the subject.

They saw Axl trying to fool people into believing he was the only reason GNR was popular - something Axl has failed miserably at doing, thankfully
Very interesting sunking. May i ask how you come up with this stuff?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the alumni in regard to their prior performances on record or touring to support the albums.
He as never said once any negatives about slash or the old band and their ability. He has never once said anything about vr. He has never once tried to fool peopel into thinking that he was soley gnr.

think Slash & Duff are doing this in order to redeem the GNR name after Axl has pissed all over it for the last ten years.  GNR still means a lot to them; it's their past and their legacy.  This is their way of saying to Axl "no, you're not the whole band, we made you who you were, this was OUR band, this is OUR story!"
Where was this great devotion and calling from 98-2003?.....oh snap here it is:
And if they want to promote Velvet Revolver in the process, more power to them!

After all, it is VR who is picking up where GNR left off.
Oh really? Thats a lot of expectations then. I guess SLither really reminds you of appetite? Go ask weiland about that thought. It can be argued that Axl cant even top what he did with old gnr, yet you tell me slash and duff will....i love it

VR are the ones who are making kickass rock n'roll while Axl has spent all these years promising a "masterpiece" and not delivering because he is too busy sulking.
Can we relax a minute. They have only released one single. Its a good single. Nothing special and nothing that compares to what slash did with gnr. Can we atleast wait till the album comes out and so we can hear this "kick ass" rnr you speak of.

Axl sulking? Again where do you come up with this stuff? By all accounts Axl has been living a great life since the old band left. Actually if he was wrapped up in "outdoing" his former bandmates we would have had multiple "new" gnr cds by now. The fact that he and the new lineup have remained quiet just doing their own thing and following their own plan makes me think they are pretty confident in what they are doing.

As GNR fans, we should be thrilled that Slash & Duff are doing this.
Yea its about time they do something that is of relevance.

The best thing he can do is release his record
Finally i agree

If Chinese Democracy is so fucking great, then prove it!  All he's proven over the last ten years is that he's a bitter and broken man too scared to face the world.
LOl, man talk about Axl loyalists around here. Seems liek you still havnt gotten slash's dick out of your ass since our last arguemnt....

Once again please show me how he is this bitter broken down man whos scared.

Slash, Duff, and Matt are delivering.
Delivering what. All they are doing is making music. I have yet to hear any material from them that compares to their previous efforts. SO far they have delivered average- to good songs that fit right in with what I have been hearing on the radio. Theres no uniquness to it . There snothing i have heard that comes close to their capabilities...I wonder why...... Wink

All that said, I really do wish Izzy was involved.
Well if Axl is not gonan be in it, might as well go all out and leave out the next most important member of old gnr......

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2004, 02:50:17 PM »

Aside from the cancelled tour how exacetly has Axl ruined the gnr himself? Its not his fault peopel make up rumors and people create theories about CD. Because he has chosen to remain silent people have jumped all over him.

Well, there you go; that aborted tour has done tremendous damage to the name "Guns N' Roses."  And I don't think remaining silent and going into hiding has helped him one bit.  This is America, we don't like people who hide.  All it has served to do is frustrate the living hell out of his supporters and given his numerous detractors a good laugh.  And I don't care what you say about the new band, in the eyes of the general public they are not legitimate.  All those people at the 2002 shows shouting "Buckethead Go Home" and "Where's Slash?" know they do not want Axl bringing in a bunch of replacements and calling it "Guns N' Roses."  Talented musicians they may be, but they are not a substitute for the real thing.  The general public will always see them as a bunch of hacks, whether its right or wrong, and therefore that hurts the name of Guns N' Roses.  I haven't even mentioned taking nearly a decade now to make his record, that's just ridiculous.  Maybe Axl's trying for a Guiness world record or something.

Oh really? Ok so Axl releases a Press release and talks about the issue for the 1st time in years. Bad Axl. Axl goes on tour and in a handful of rants tells the fans how the old guys didnt want to do certain songs. Axl goes to rio and tells his fans that slash and co. ar eno lobegr his fans. Axl your such an evil guy.

NOw when do we start counting the endless times we have heard slash's story. Let me know when we can start counting them.

Its funny how its ok for slash to comment on gnr because hes "always being asked about it" yet when axl is asked about it hes an asshole and cant let go of the subject.

Well, you might have a point.  But it's just funny that the whole band has one story and Axl has another.  Maybe I am biased, but I'm far more inclined to believe Slash, Duff, et al.  I really have never gotten the sense they are trying to be malicious toward Axl, and I'm sure these days they would prefer not to talk about him at all.  They do because they know people ask them their opinions on the matter.  Axl, on the other hand, the few times he has spoken, does come across as malicious and hateful toward his former bandmates.  I guess that's the difference.  Let's face it, Slash, Duff, Izzy, are just so much more likeable than Axl is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the alumni in regard to their prior performances on record or touring to support the albums.

He as never said once any negatives about slash or the old band and their ability. He has never once said anything about vr. He has never once tried to fool peopel into thinking that he was soley gnr.

By going out on tour with a bunch of new musicians and calling it "Guns N' Roses," he was indeed trying to fool people into thinking he and he alone was the whole band.  I know that he's never impugned the ability of his old bandmates, to his credit, but it all boils down to one thing.  I really don't understand how you folks cannot figure out how using the GNR name without the actual GNR would piss people off.  All Axl had to do was come up with a new name for the group, and he couldn't even do that.  Call the band "Chinese Democracy," call it "Freakshow," call it anything, but it's not "Guns N' Roses."  It's just that simple.

Where was this great devotion and calling from 98-2003?.....oh snap here it is:

I don't know.  Slash and Duff had a lot of other things going on in their lives at that time.  Only they could tell you why they are making their comeback now.  At least they weren't misleading the world the way Axl has.  And when they did promise new material, they came through in reasonable time.

Oh really? Thats a lot of expectations then. I guess SLither really reminds you of appetite? Go ask weiland about that thought. It can be argued that Axl cant even top what he did with old gnr, yet you tell me slash and duff will....i love it

No, I never said "Slither" reminds me of AFD, nor did I ever claim they're going to top the old GNR.  All I said is that "Slither" and "Set Me Free" are kickass rock n'roll songs, and I'm 100% confident the rest of the album will be a great listen.  That's all I'm asking for, and it's all that any GNR/VR fan can ask for.  On that count, Slash and company has delivered.

Axl sulking? Again where do you come up with this stuff? By all accounts Axl has been living a great life since the old band left. Actually if he was wrapped up in "outdoing" his former bandmates we would have had multiple "new" gnr cds by now. The fact that he and the new lineup have remained quiet just doing their own thing and following their own plan makes me think they are pretty confident in what they are doing.

Well, I can't absoultely prove Axl has been sulking, nor could you absoultely prove Axl is living some sort of wonderful life.  It just seems to a lot of us here that Axl is in some sort of deep depression, hence sulking.  Seriously, why the hell is he so damn afraid to even show his face?  He comes back for a few weeks in 2002, and then runs away again for God only knows what reason.  And then he finally schedules another show (RIR) and then backs out, publically blaming Buckethead in that foolish press release.  If he were truly committed to appear, he could have found someone to fill in for the night.  Instead he acted like a baby about it.  

I think he if were so confident in his new material, we would have seen something by now.  He's too much of a perfectionist to ever be confident in anything he does.  It's sad, really.  If he just released "The Blues," for instance, as it was played in concert, he'd probably have a big hit on his hands.  Nothing's ever good enough for the guy.

LOl, man talk about Axl loyalists around here. Seems liek you still havnt gotten slash's dick out of your ass since our last arguemnt....

Good one!  Yeah, I'm with Slash one-hundred percent, I don't deny it.  If Axl ever got his shit together and did something worthwhile, I would give him all the credit in the world.  Until then...

Once again please show me how he is this bitter broken down man whos scared.

Maybe if he ever comes out of exile, Axl himself can tell you just what the hell he's so scared about.  I wish I knew exactly what the problem is here.  Quit hiding, Axl.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2004, 03:25:32 PM »

let me start out by saying that you have to be one of the most dumbest,ignorant posters on these boards...now ill respond....

Well, there you go; that aborted tour has done tremendous damage to the name "Guns N' Roses."  And I don't think remaining silent and going into hiding has helped him one bit.
LoL. Yep, so tremendous that they were given the oppurtunity to do rock in rio 4. So damaged that they wont be able to tour again? I think not. And when i say going into hiding i meant from 94-2002. Its not liek the band went into hiding after the failed tour. They came out of hiding and went on tour then went back into hiding.  Wink
And I don't care what you say about the new band, in the eyes of the general public they are not legitimate.  All those people at the 2002 shows shouting "Buckethead Go Home" and "Where's Slash?" know they do not want Axl bringing in a bunch of replacements and calling it "Guns N' Roses."
Heres where the stupidity starts.
In the eyes of OLD GNR FANS all of what you said might be the case. Maybe if your lucky. Other than that, peopel could care less about gnr. The casual fan is not torn over the old vs new. And guess what....the casual fan, the new fan, and the old fans who liek the new band heavily out number the old bitter fans.

The general public will always see them as a bunch of hacks, whether its right or wrong, and therefore that hurts the name of Guns N' Roses.  I haven't even mentioned taking nearly a decade now to make his record, that's just ridiculous.  Maybe Axl's trying for a Guiness world record or something.
Again, you mean old gnr fans who are still bitter. Thats the group you are referring to.
The record hasnt taken a decade to make. 98/99- 2004 is 5/6 yrs. Not an absurd amount of time. Especially when constructing 3 albums...all potential masterpieces.

I really have never gotten the sense they are trying to be malicious toward Axl, and I'm sure these days they would prefer not to talk about him at all
How do you know....more than half the time we are reading there comments and not hearing their tone of voice. You dont know how they are relaying htier comments on paper.
Axl hasnt been malicious either. Plus you hear him say it not just read it.

Axl, on the other hand, the few times he has spoken, does come across as malicious and hateful toward his former bandmates.  I guess that's the difference.  Let's face it, Slash, Duff, Izzy, are just so much more likeable than Axl is.
Oh really? That press release came across as bitter and malicious? The rio rant he sounded hurt and said that they were his former friends. And in a handful of 2002 tour rants he talke baout how the members didnt want to do certain songs. Yep real malicious.

Slash and Duff come across as nice guys because they are always out theor talking. Axl hasnt been seen or heard from at all. So he looks liek a dick. There all good guys. There all dicks. EVeryone is like that. But your a dick Wink

By going out on tour with a bunch of new musicians and calling it "Guns N' Roses," he was indeed trying to fool people into thinking he and he alone was the whole band.
Thats your opinion...by him continuing the gnr name by getting a new lineup that serves justice to the past means to me that gnr isnt over and that some of the old players decided not to evolve....
I don't know.  Slash and Duff had a lot of other things going on in their lives at that time.  Only they could tell you why they are making their comeback now.
Im not referring to their comeback..im saying how come they didnt file suit over this issue when they were doing absolutely nothing.

At least they weren't misleading the world the way Axl has.  And when they did promise new material, they came through in reasonable time.
Heres another funny one...
Just because you believe the rumors,speculation, thoeries, internet and other bullshit doesnt mean its axls fault. All axl has said was that when its ready it will be out. He has mentions several possible timeframes which have all been followed by "if eveything goes right" etc....You chose to get wrapped up in the internet. Hes doing his own thing.

Well, I can't absoultely prove Axl has been sulking, nor could you absoultely prove Axl is living some sort of wonderful life
Yes i can...read all of the articles, interviews, fan stories, etc from 94 on......It will tell you about a much more different axl than you are trying to percieve....a much more mellow, caring yaydada good axl...thats what it all says....

If Axl ever got his shit together and did something worthwhile, I would give him all the credit in the world.  Until then...
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you finally some sense.........
I want you to re-read that...now....

Everyone and especially you get so wrapped up in the whole Axl is an asshole, gnr are a bunch of freaks, Axl has ruined the gnr name, etc..that your all missing one thing. You arent bashing the music. Your bashing other irrelevant things. When the music is finally released and is a masterpiece all of that bullshit will go away once that last note of cd is heard. If gnr delivers a great album then all of the non music bullshit doesnt matter.
ALl im concerned about is the music. Thats why im here, thats what counts...

Axl/gnr will ruin the gnr name by releasing bad music. thats it. thas how you ruin the gnr name.
Whether you think this new lineup can deliver an album that meets or surpasses gnrs previous efforts is not the oint. The point is they havnt done that yet so till then you can continue to worry about axls braids. its about the music....thats what will make or break it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2004, 03:29:15 PM »

You know what?

I suggest everyone watch it............then post on it.

These assumptions of what will happen or what should happen are ridiculuos.

For now, this thread is useless. yes

Agreed 1000%!

Some of you guys are really getting worked up. Whadda you do with real life events? Yikes! Shocked
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 03:30:03 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2004, 04:18:33 PM »

I hope Steven "Unintelligible is my Middle Name" is interviewed for it. THAT WOULD BE GOLD.  rofl

I'm sure 90 percent is bashing Axl, though.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Dizzy
« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2004, 06:49:52 PM »

I hope Steven "Unintelligible is my Middle Name" is interviewed for it. THAT WOULD BE GOLD.

Steven doesn't have a middle name.  And I too hope he is interviewed, because he's the original drummer and the fuckin' man.   Cool
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2004, 07:50:25 PM »

From Blabbermouth

GUNS N' ROSES: Ex-Bassist DUFF MCKAGAN Declines To Participate In VH1 Special - May 4, 2004

Former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan has declined to participate in the upcoming VH1 documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES, BLABBERMOUTH.NET has exclusively learned. McKagan's non-participation in the "Behind the Music"-style show leaves Slash (guitars) and Steven Adler (drums) as the only original members of the group who have opted to actively co-operate with the show's producers. As previously reported, other people that are expected to contribute to the project are Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer). The documentary is scheduled to air first week in June, followed a week later by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash and Duff's new band, VELVET REVOLVER, got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. More information will be made available soon.

Does this have something to do with the lawsuit? Will Slash be the next to say no comment?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2004, 08:20:26 PM »

loooooooooooooooool
If Duff wont participate will now people say that Slash will use it to promote VR alone? or if Slash declines to show for this too will people have wasted all this time discussing something they obviously didnt know but so oh vehemently affirmed???  Roll Eyes
Im loving this BTM thing, next week it will be informed that only that greek fatso Andreadis and Navarro will do comments on this special
SHYEAH!  smoking
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2004, 08:34:05 PM »

I hope Steven "Unintelligible is my Middle Name" is interviewed for it. THAT WOULD BE GOLD.

Comedy gold.  No doubt he will be.  He's the best "this is your brain on drugs" commercial there is.  I know he talks that way because of the stroke, but that radio interview I heard with him, he still sounds drunk but with a stroke, which is completely hilarious.  He' seems honest but dumb, he doesn't know when to stop talking.  

I wonder why Duff isn't doing it.  He must be suspicious of how they will be portrayed.
Dizzy
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2004, 09:33:04 PM »

I know he talks that way because of the stroke, but that radio interview I heard with him, he still sounds drunk but with a stroke, which is completely hilarious.  

Actually, he hardly speaks like that at all now.  His speech had greatly improved on the phone interview he did recently.  And it's no laughing matter any way you put it.  It's only laughable to people who (for some stupid reason) dislike Steven so much that they'll make fun of a person who had a stroke.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 09:34:08 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2004, 09:45:30 PM »

I think that's a good thing Duff won't participate. I bet he figured there was no use to do that show about Guns N' Roses if Axl and Izzy were not part of it. Axl and the other guys may not be friends now but I think they all recognize the fact that the original 80's GN'R was Axl + Izzy + Duff + Slash + Steven. I bet a good part of the show deals with that period.
Let's see now, so we've got Slash, Steven, Teddy and Gilby participating to that show right? I kinda wonder how it will look like (no sarcasm, just wondering).

Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2004, 10:00:24 PM »

And it's no laughing matter any way you put it.  It's only laughable to people who (for some stupid reason) dislike Steven so much that they'll make fun of a person who had a stroke.

I don't dislike him at all, he seems like a real nice guy.   But let's face it, he was never the sharpest knife in the drawer.  And his interviews are often a source of amusement.  As for the stroke, he inflicted that on himself.  I'm glad he's recovering, but on that radio interview?  Sorry, that was funny.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2004, 10:09:03 PM »

From Blabbermouth:

Former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan has declined to participate in the upcoming VH1 documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES, BLABBERMOUTH.NET has exclusively learned. McKagan's non-participation in the "Behind the Music"-style show leaves Slash (guitars) and Steven Adler (drums) as the only original members of the group who have opted to actively co-operate with the show's producers. As previously reported, other people that are expected to contribute to the project are Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer). The documentary is scheduled to air first week in June, followed a week later by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash and Duff's new band, VELVET REVOLVER, got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. More information will be made available soon.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2004, 10:17:49 PM »

... and Mike Clink (GNR producer).

do you guys see something GOOD on this sentence ?  
or is just me ??  Huh
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 10:20:36 PM by RnT » Logged

kockstar99
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2004, 10:26:35 PM »

They need to just cancel this shit... Its going to be stupid..

How can there be a documentary on the early days when people like Teddy Zig Zag, Dave Navarro, Gilby Clark are the ones telling the story...

For it to be a true behind the music it should have at least more than one original member....

Motley Crues BTM was bad ass... GnRs could be too if it was done right and for the right reasons... it looks like its being rushed to air before the VR video special...

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2004, 10:27:15 PM »

I guess it's time for the duff bashers to recant...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 10:27:46 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2004, 10:40:24 PM »

For it to be a true behind the music it should have at least more than one original member....

Booker and Dizzy will catch you on this: Slash and Steven that's still two original members.

I basically agree though, saying they definitely need the 5 of 'em especially if it's about the "early days".

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2004, 10:49:29 PM »

In all actuality, they don't need any of the guys to do the show.  Sure, it would be more credible, but let's face it,
it would be all over the place.  Blame here, blame there, etc.

Hell, it'll be nice to here from people like Clink and Navarro who have absolutely nothing to gain/lose by giving their opinions on the early days of GNR.

Unbiased opinions make for good TV as well...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dizzy
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2004, 06:12:36 PM »

Booker and Dizzy will catch you on this: Slash and Steven that's still two original members.

I basically agree though, saying they definitely need the 5 of 'em especially if it's about the "early days".

I asked this on the new thread; do we know for sure that Slash is doing the show?  Or has he just not declined?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: