Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Duff to sue Axl!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Duff to sue Axl!  (Read 70628 times)
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #260 on: May 05, 2004, 11:10:24 AM »

Hey Guys...

Since this is getting kind of long and the link to the actual lawsuit changes a lot from what was originally being discussed in the first ten or so pages, I created a new topic. I think I speak for the board when I say it would be appreciated if the discussion could move over to the fresh topic.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #261 on: May 05, 2004, 11:11:13 AM »

I don't get this...Slash and Duff owns GNR and has for the past nine years let Axl have his way regarding GNR buisness and now the suddenly want it all back...EVERYTHING (including paper clips) that has been stolen from them? How fucked up have they've been? Axl and his legal team have been doing unathorized GNR buisness for nine years? Intentionally or unintentionally? Hard to tell from our point whats legally wrong o right int the matter but...at this time? Slash and Duff have wifes and kids and are supposed to have carreers and now they want it all. Wrong or right?

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #262 on: May 05, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

I don't get this...Slash and Duff owns GNR and has for the past nine years let Axl have his way regarding GNR buisness and now the suddenly want it all back...EVERYTHING (including paper clips) that has been stolen from them? How fucked up have they've been? Axl and his legal team have been doing unathorized GNR buisness for nine years? Intentionally or unintentionally? Hard to tell from our point whats legally wrong o right int the matter but...at this time? Slash and Duff have wifes and kids and are supposed to have carreers and now they want it all. Wrong or right?

No, you got it right.  The only question is why all of a sudden now?
You have to laugh though at the lawyers representing Slash and Duff....just by the name, you can tell they are shady.  And what is that figure on the first page?  The price it cost to file this thing?

Word of advice to everyone on here.......think twice about going into business with your friends Wink
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2004, 11:22:12 AM »

I don't get this...Slash and Duff owns GNR and has for the past nine years let Axl have his way regarding GNR buisness and now the suddenly want it all back...EVERYTHING (including paper clips) that has been stolen from them? How fucked up have they've been? Axl and his legal team have been doing unathorized GNR buisness for nine years? Intentionally or unintentionally? Hard to tell from our point whats legally wrong o right int the matter but...at this time?
Excellent point... a good portion of that lawsuit seeks punative damages, which definitely imply intent. It's going to be pretty hard for Slash/Duff to claim Axl HAS been intentionally making Old GN'R decisions illegally, and they (Slash/Duff) are just figuring it out despite obvious involvement disagreeing with Axl's decisions at the time they were made. The center of the lawsuit - Axl is no longer involved in the GN'R partnership - may hold some basis, but as far as the punative aspect, I do not think Slash/Duff have a leg to stand on.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 11:23:59 AM by justynius » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2004, 12:00:09 PM »

Let's continue this in the other thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: