Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rio is getting GREAT REVIEWS!  (Read 29738 times)
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« on: May 28, 2006, 07:24:16 AM »

to prove all you fuckers wrong. who was there enjoyed the fuck outta the show and made peace with Axl and the new band.

first review in portuguese and pics are up.

seriously just wait for a better mixed version fo the concert cuz it was mindblowing! nothing to do with what you guys saw.

http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=688541&div_id=291

http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/consola.php?tipo=1&art_id=688541&pagina=1

p.s. for Axl to have this kind of reviews is amazing, cuz the press hates him over here. they said nothing but bad things about him, but after the show they seemed to get their heads off their asses. some of you should do the same.  ok

Chinese Democracy!
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:25:40 AM »

we wont get better recordings...

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

then u'll just have to believe in me and everyone that was there  peace

Chinese Democracy!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:28:01 AM »

Cant comment on the review since I dont read the language, but man, George Chin can take some serious photos!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 07:28:47 AM »

Great to here! These guys need to keep motivated! We can't let them down!
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 07:39:36 AM »

Still a brilliant cover band
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 07:45:25 AM »

This is one or two reviews man.  Hardly enough to say it's getting great reviews.

I'm not sure how close you were to the stage, but we here in the states were up close and personal.  The sound quality sucked, but that aside, it was a horrible show in terms of Axl's singing.  He was out of breath on almost every song, he missed words on every song, he started Patience early.  We didn't neeed to be there to see this....it was no where near as good a performance as the 5 shows I have seen live. 

And unfortunately, last night proved that this band misses Slash in a huge way and that no one will be able to fill his shoes.  Those 3 guitarists they have pale in comparison to Slash (at least in a live setting).  Slash was a monster up there who commanded the stage....these guys were utterly forgetable.  Too many mediocre solos (guitar and drum).  Not a very good show really guys.
yorch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 07:48:30 AM »

bad BAD show
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 07:50:07 AM »

well....

the sound quality and mix sucked...axl was out of breath a lot, but when the mix was right it rocked. nightrain was THE SHIT!!

and i really enjoyed the solos. all of them!!

i used to skip them on the hammerstein boots, but i was really impressed yesterday. especially richard fortus kicked ass ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
redrose
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »

Axl you did it!!!!!
It was great to look at it online live, it was f... awesome.
My fav. part of all is that Axl was looking into the camera during november rain.
It was the worth waiting for, lol all those patience.
My little one was kicking in my stumach during patience, maybe that song means also something with her.
The band did more then a great job.
The voice of Axl was also great to hear, he still sounds the same.
Hope to see you all ( the band) in the netherlands, we will enjoy it every minute of the concert ( hopefully)then.

anja

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 08:01:15 AM »

This is one or two reviews man.? Hardly enough to say it's getting great reviews.

I'm not sure how close you were to the stage, but we here in the states were up close and personal.? The sound quality sucked, but that aside, it was a horrible show in terms of Axl's singing.? He was out of breath on almost every song, he missed words on every song, he started Patience early.? We didn't neeed to be there to see this....it was no where near as good a performance as the 5 shows I have seen live.?

And unfortunately, last night proved that this band misses Slash in a huge way and that no one will be able to fill his shoes.? Those 3 guitarists they have pale in comparison to Slash (at least in a live setting).? Slash was a monster up there who commanded the stage....these guys were utterly forgetable.? Too many mediocre solos (guitar and drum).? Not a very good show really guys.

the reason it seemed that he missed words in song is because the mic kept going on and off  on the mix.   I'll admit that he did seem out of breath at some points  but it didn't make this a bad performance.   Axl is older now  and he does move a lot on stage  so this won't be the last time you will see him trying to catch his breath on stage. So my sugggestion to you is to not even bother with this band anymore because  you will never like their live performances. You would be better suited watching a band where the lead singer stands in one spot all day  and is 25 yrs old.  This isn't a young Axl anymore  and Slash isn't young anymore either.  I have seen VR  and slash isn't the same on stage as he once was .  Age hits a lead singer  harder than it does a guitarists.  Stamina and vocal chords age quicker  than fingers .    Just go watch another band and don't waste your time with this band.    There are plenty of GNR fans  that still like Axl's performances.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:09:57 AM »

http://discodigital.sapo.pt/news.asp?id_news=19295

another positive review.
on the tv everyone is praising him also.

seriously the concert was amazing, if u were there u'd seen. Axl's voice was dead on, and the band was awesome. they put on a hell of a show and they were very well embraced by the audience. and that's that.

if u'r pissed off cuz the sound wasn't good and cuz Axl didn't sing this in key or whatever. go fuck yourselfs.Axl was amazing and everyone there thought so!

Chinese Democracy!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 08:17:22 AM »

to prove all you fuckers wrong. who was there enjoyed the fuck outta the show and made peace with Axl and the new band.

first review in portuguese and pics are up.

seriously just wait for a better mixed version fo the concert cuz it was mindblowing! nothing to do with what you guys saw.

thats what I thought. cos all of a sudden in YCBM the sound changed COMPLETELY and from then on out all instruments were loud and clear, Axl too. so it was obviously something up with the mix we heard online before that.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Death Cube K
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 08:19:50 AM »

Still a brilliant cover band

Don't go there mate.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 08:21:35 AM »

how many people was there

I have never seen so many tree
thisisheavy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2006, 08:23:53 AM »

Yeah,i have to agree with Meanbone.i was there and the sound was good,nothing like it was on the feed.Axl voice was spot on,and the band also played well on most of the times,the band sound you guys hear on the feed it was Sic Radical?s fault.It also happen in 2004 with Slipknot,they had the same kind of shitty mix.
 I was there and the sound was fucking great.and the reviews i have read are fucking good.i was expecting that they would bash him just to bash,but no,they did a fair review.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 08:24:05 AM »

Listen guys, I'm a huge GNR fan...have been for longer than I can remember. ?Telling me to go fuck myself or go listen to other artists is simply moronic. ?See I've been there through the whole story guys, from 1987 to the present. ?IMHO, last night's show was not all that grand. ?I feel bad for you guys that are new to GNR and didn't have a chance to experience it back in 1987-1993 era. ?I really do. ?I've seen too many of his shows (both pre 1993 and one in 2002) to be all that impressed with last night's show. ? He looked old and out of breath all too often. ?The guitarists were not that good either (certainly not a good replacement for Slash and no where near as good as Buckethead). ?I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. ?I hope GNR has a very successful comeback and things work out great and that last night was an anomoly. ?I saw them in 2002 at Boston and they were way better then (mostly because BH is much better than the 3 guys they have now).

I will say this, he needs to release the albuym sooner rather than later. ?I think waiting till Fall is a mistake. ?He needs to have new studio material out there for the masses to consume prior to these (nostaligic) concerts. ?If he wants the new Guns to flourish and make a name for itself, it won't happen playing Slash's licks and old tunes. ?It reminds me too much of a Jimmy Buffet concert where everyone sings along to the tune that were written decades earlier. ?It is nice and all, but we've been there and done that guys.
Death Cube K
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 08:27:16 AM »

Listen guys, I'm a huge GNR fan...have been for longer than I can remember.  Telling me to go fuck myself or go listen to other artists is simply moronic.  See I've been there through the whole story guys, from 1987 to the present.  IMHO, last night's show was not all that grand.  I feel bad for you guys that are new to GNR and didn't have a chance to experience it back in 1987-1993 era.  I really do.  I've seen too many of his shows (both pre 1993 and one in 2002) to be all that impressed with last night's show.   He looked old and out of breath all too often.  The guitarists were not that good either (certainly not a good replacement for Slash and no where near as good as Buckethead).  I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.  I hope GNR has a very successful comeback and things work out great and that last night was an anomoly.  I saw them in 2002 at Boston and they were way better then (mostly because BH is much better than the 3 guys they have now).

I will say this, he needs to release the albuym sooner rather than later.  I think waiting till Fall is a mistake.  He needs to have new studio material out there for the masses to consume prior to these (nostaligic) concerts.  If he wants the new Guns to flourish and make a name for itself, it won't happen playing Slash's licks and old tunes.  It reminds me too much of a Jimmy Buffet concert where everyone sings along to the tune that were written decades earlier.  It is nice and all, but we've been there and done that guys.

So you were there right?

If you wasn't, all that stuff you're saying doesnt really mean shit.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 08:31:03 AM »

Even with the shitty mix we got, I can still say this concert was fucking amazing. I wish they would have played TWAT or maybe another new song, but thats just a minor wish and im not going to be all greedy about it. They played I.R.S. and Better, which were nice little bonuses in my opinion.

Im not saying everything was perfect, but its hard to really pick out the details of what wasnt great because of the mix. Axl sounded fucking great, and the people that are saying he didnt I dont know what more you fucking expect. I think he sounded 100 times better than 2002. The band seemed to shine on most songs but struggled on a few others, but like I said, that could have just been the mix.

Nighttrain absolutely blew me away, easily the best performance of the night. The did a few to many solos imo, but I have to admit I loved everyone of them. The "Dont Cry" solo was fucking cool, and the "Beautiful" solo was fucking just that, Beautiful.

All in all I was disappointed in the shitty mix we got for 3/4 of the show, but once it fixed the band sounded tight and simply amazing, and I have to say I was very happy with what I saw.

Guns N Roses are back and they are only going to get better.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »

I was there through the power of the internet. ?I am not talking about the sound mix here. ?Just talking about everything else. ?I don't need to be there to see Axl run out of breath all night and to listen to piss poor guitar solos do I?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: