Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:30:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl posts all new interview (14/12) at cd.com
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl posts all new interview (14/12) at cd.com  (Read 30015 times)
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2008, 12:38:33 PM »

I don't want to start a fight about this Jarmo. In the past i posted several messages about the old band here but all in a sec they got removed by a mod. I hope this explains what i said before because the ownership of G N' R is also part of the old band.

Of course you don't want to start a fight. You just throw some bullshit statement out there.....

/jarmo

You call it a bullshit statement i call it an oppinion.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2008, 12:48:53 PM »

I don't want to start a fight about this Jarmo. In the past i posted several messages about the old band here but all in a sec they got removed by a mod. I hope this explains what i said before because the ownership of G N' R is also part of the old band.

Of course you don't want to start a fight. You just throw some bullshit statement out there.....

/jarmo

You call it a bullshit statement i call it an oppinion.

Oh God... How many more times do I have to explain this?

I'm aware that it's an opinion.

But maybe it's an opinion I don't care to see posted in every other thread?

Maybe it's something that's been talked about multiple times already and it's been done to death?

Did you ever think about that?

Just because you woke up one day and thought "Hey! I'll log in on a GN'R fan site and talk about how much the old band rocks and the new band sucks!" doesn't mean it's original nor that you're the first person in the universe to post that.

Your "it's an opinion" defense is as weak as the "freedom of speech" one. I'm aware of both of them. It still doesn't mean that I need to allow shit that doesn't add anything to this board to be posted.

If we allowed anybody with "an opinion" to post anything they felt like due to "freedom of speech", this board would be pretty horrible. Most people realize that.

This is nothing personal against you, so I hope you don't take it as an attack. Just making sure you see where I'm coming from.

Seems like many people either don't see it, or don't want to, because they just wanna post shit that's been posted before or have no interest in current events.

Now, you're gonna say "But Axl posted....". Yes, he did.

The big difference is that Axl has way more information on the subject than the rest of us.

We could discuss the topic of the band's name until your keyboard gave up, and it would be just a bunch of assumptions and speculation.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2008, 12:49:59 PM »

The Little Mermaid comment made my day rofl

Haha I know right?
eragon
Rocker

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »

This is nothing personal against you, so I hope you don't take it as an attack. Just making sure you see where I'm coming from.

/jarmo

Ok man. No hard feelings.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »

I dont get the extremist for the old and the new.  Can't someone like em both?

No!  You're only allowed to like the old band's music, if you like the old band members, especially their work outside of Gn'R you will be called an idiot.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Princess Leia
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2008, 01:14:04 PM »

Well Jarmo I wouldn't post my own speculation on the issue because I was given an answer. However I must agree with you that Axl has far more information. I respect and I understand that and your wishes no to touch on the subject unless Axl himself want us. I was just trying to help.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2008, 01:16:15 PM »

Well Jarmo I wouldn't post my own speculation on the issue because I was given an answer. However I must agree with you that Axl has far more information. I respect and I understand that and your wishes no to touch on the subject unless Axl himself want us. I was just trying to help.

Like I said, certain topics have been done to death already. And with no new information, it seems like a waste of time and energy to just keep going round and round in circles....

Especially at this point in time when there's new music to enjoy....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »

This is truly amazing, and for me is only surpassed by my first full listen to CD, as far as my interest.  While I love the answer to the Little Mermaid question, I cringe when I read some of those 'silly' questions...thanks god Axl has a good sense of humor...can you imagine Curt Loder asking that?!  hihi

I was looking for the 'answered' part of biography question...can anybody point me in the right direction, couldn't find it.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »

This is truly amazing, and for me is only surpassed by my first full listen to CD, as far as my interest.  While I love the answer to the Little Mermaid question, I cringe when I read some of those 'silly' questions...thanks god Axl has a good sense of humor...can you imagine Curt Loder asking that?!  hihi

I was looking for the 'answered' part of biography question...can anybody point me in the right direction, couldn't find it.

He said it's not as much a biography as it is a legal document of every detail concerning the old band's break-up. He also said he has about 40 000 words (he doesn't know '12 000' came from, as some people had said he had). He also said he doesn't go back to it much, as it's really depressing.

I tried to find the exact quote, but CD.com is down right now for some reason. I'll get it for you later, but that's pretty much the way he put it.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2008, 01:53:23 PM »

He said it's not as much a biography as it is a legal document of every detail concerning the old band's break-up. He also said he has about 40 000 words (he doesn't know '12 000' came from, as some people had said he had). He also said he doesn't go back to it much, as it's really depressing.

I tried to find the exact quote, but CD.com is down right now for some reason. I'll get it for you later, but that's pretty much the way he put it.

The interview from today is on page 1 in this thread..... Smiley

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »

The interview from today is on page 1 in this thread..... Smiley

Thanks, I was the one that posted it, but I'm looking for the one from yesterday where he talked about his biography, it seems to be missing from this site but I'll look it up at CD.com as soon as the site is up and running.

EDIT:

Found it:

It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:57:10 PM by The Shackler » Logged

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

GN'R 2010!!!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2008, 02:00:40 PM »

How many questions has he answered in total so far? Must be hundreds Shocked
I'm beyond impressed, almost shocked.

GN'R 2010!!!
overmatik
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2008, 02:05:38 PM »

I was relieved by reading what he say about the booklet not being the right one.

Contrary to the opinion of some people here I always said that the booklet was lame and an amateur work. Good to know Axl is with me on that! hihi
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

How many questions has he answered in total so far? Must be hundreds Shocked
I'm beyond impressed, almost shocked.

I just know the first one on cd.com lasted more than  6 hours. Dont remember what i counted it to except for more than 1oo answered on cd.com
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:12:48 PM by Dark Angel » Logged

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2008, 02:07:12 PM »

It's not lame, I think it looks cool as fuck, but unfortunately it had quite a few mistakes...

GN'R 2010!!!
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »

It's not exactly an autobiography as much as legal record of every last detail of what went down with the breakup. I have about 40k words on it (don't know where 1200 came from) but it's generally really depressing so I don't go back to it so much.
Thanks!  Sounds like this will never, nor was it ever, intended to see the light of day ( no)...I would still love to read his life story (to present) in his own words, but if it is depressing for him, and could hinder development of music, I can live without it.  ok

On the up side, it sounds like we will be getting the down-low on the making of CD in some form or another: "A: We?ll be talking about the reality of making the record a bit for a while beyond that I can?t say."   peace

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2008, 02:12:53 PM »

It will be interesting to see the new booklet and not really compare the two, see what was orginally suppose to come out.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »

Ahhh I'm kinda jealous.... Axl spent 2 days there. And only 1 day here.....damn. Still a nice interview.
Erin
Opening Act

« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2008, 02:47:01 PM »

Q: - Is the song "Sorry", directed at anyone in particular?

A: Answered.

I can't find where he answered this question. Can someone help me out please.

Thanks!  Smiley
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2008, 02:48:25 PM »

With Sorry.. like a lot of the material is drawn from a lot of different situations. The main focus on the boards w/the track seems to be either Slash or "the fans" (and the collective of "the fans" is another thing that doesn't work for me) and is much too restrictive or narrow and limits what I feel I intended.

For me it's for anyone talking nonsense at mine and the public's expense and that many of those as well as the public don't know who to believe.

Also where possible I'd like to give people the opportunity to get what they can from the material for a while before clouding that with my inspirations. Of course that's not always avoidable.

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: