Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 401838 times)
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2280 on: March 02, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »

I think it's Hans Zimmer that deserved to win for his Inception score... but it's awesome that Trent Reznor is now an Oscar-winning musician. He's doing the music for David Fincher's version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, now, so it looks like a whole new career has started for him. Smiley
The Oscars are a joke. Him winning proves as much.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2281 on: March 08, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »

From Trent Reznor:

03/07/11

By having a few different outlets for my work I'm finding more inspiration within each one. No, Nine Inch Nails is not dead and I plan to focus on that next.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2282 on: March 08, 2011, 03:40:24 PM »

From Trent Reznor:

03/07/11

By having a few different outlets for my work I'm finding more inspiration within each one. No, Nine Inch Nails is not dead and I plan to focus on that next.

Oh My God, I just made myself abit wet.  yes

I'm so desperate to see Robin live again, and onstage. That I'd take just about anything as a positive right now.  Grin

Thanks 4 posting FunkyMonkey.  ok
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2283 on: March 08, 2011, 04:16:12 PM »

He's made it clear in the past that whereas new NIN music can and will be released, they won't be performing live, though.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2284 on: March 08, 2011, 04:24:32 PM »

He's made it clear in the past that whereas new NIN music can and will be released, they won't be performing live, though.

You never know though, if the album does well and there's a demand for some sort of tour or even a show, Trent might decide to do it. Even if it's just a small US jaunt to showcase the album or any material, I hope that Robin might be involved in some way.

I don't think it's certainly impossible, we'll see I guess.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2285 on: March 08, 2011, 04:31:39 PM »

He had this to say recently:

Trent Reznor on finding the right notes for the 'Social Network' score.

February 28, 2011

So how about performing this live?

Reznor:We?re deep into the Angels record, but the idea  of performing this live is intriguing. As I?m trying to move away from Nine Inch Nails as a live rock band that tours endlessly, the idea of being thrust into something that feels like there?s no safety -- performing this live in a stripped down environment, of some sort, that?s a very appealing idea that we get into later.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/02/trent-reznor-on-the-social-network-score.html

overmatik
« Reply #2286 on: March 09, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »

He is probably tired of extensive and long worldwide tours, but that doesn't mean he won't be playing live again. Playing live is like a drug for real musicians and they just can't live without it. And if he ever plays live again I'm sure Robin will be involved. As I said before his relation with Robin is very special. Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2287 on: March 19, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »

From an interview with Trent Reznor to Rolling Stone March 15th, 2011:

You tweeted recently that you were watching old NIN footage, and it made you miss touring. When will NIN be back on the road?

My reason for stopping touring with Nine Inch Nails is that I needed to force my own hand to make myself do something different. [NIN] is comfortable to me, familiar. I like those songs, I like singing those songs, I like the energy onstage, but it's not as relevant to me as it was when I was 25. And there's an unspoken pressure to keep touring ? that's the only way to make a living ? but I look at David Bowie's fearlessness in changing and reinventing himself. That takes courage. [The hiatus] won't be forever. The urge to tour again, in some capacity, will break through in the next few years.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-talks-oscars-lollapalooza-memories-20110315

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2288 on: March 19, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »

From an interview with Trent Reznor to Rolling Stone March 15th, 2011:

You tweeted recently that you were watching old NIN footage, and it made you miss touring. When will NIN be back on the road?

My reason for stopping touring with Nine Inch Nails is that I needed to force my own hand to make myself do something different. [NIN] is comfortable to me, familiar. I like those songs, I like singing those songs, I like the energy onstage, but it's not as relevant to me as it was when I was 25. And there's an unspoken pressure to keep touring ? that's the only way to make a living ? but I look at David Bowie's fearlessness in changing and reinventing himself. That takes courage. [The hiatus] won't be forever. The urge to tour again, in some capacity, will break through in the next few years.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-talks-oscars-lollapalooza-memories-20110315

Yes, Yes and Yes Wink

Maybe Robin will have to call those people he sold his gear to on ebay to get it back.  Grin
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2289 on: March 22, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »

Honestly i think its a shame Trent has to age because i dont think his live shows would have ever slowed down otherwise. I mean, you watch more recent shows, "performance" wise they are very tame compared to the old throwing each other around days. However, musically NIN are still phenomenal live, it was so awesome when i saw them in 2009. Its unreal how heavy NIN sound live compared to studio recordings. ( i appreciate both for different reasons, i guess thats the happy medium trent tapped into)

html sucks
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2290 on: March 23, 2011, 01:05:05 AM »

He's definitely calmed down the live shows since getting sober. I'd much rather have him tame and sober though then drugged out and crazy like the past. This is one guy i definitely don't want taken by drug abuse way too soon.
overmatik
« Reply #2291 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:04 AM »

He's definitely calmed down the live shows since getting sober. I'd much rather have him tame and sober though then drugged out and crazy like the past. This is one guy i definitely don't want taken by drug abuse way too soon.

Well, why can't we have both? Bruce Dickinson is a perfect example of that.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2292 on: June 07, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

From Trent Reznor.

The authentic trailer for the film I'm working on finally appears:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/thegirlwiththedragontattoo/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2293 on: February 01, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »

Trent Reznor: 'I've tried to block out Nine Inch Nails shows supporting Guns'N'Roses'

31/01/2012

Trent Reznor has told Q that supporting Guns'N'Roses were the worst shows Nine Inch Nails ever played.

Speaking in the Q Interview in our brand new issue - Q308 out now - about his life, his soundtrack work on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, his demons and more, Reznor singles out the 1991 shows with Axl Rose and co as a nadir.

"It was only a couple of show and they were some of the worst performances we [Nine Inch Nails] ever had in front of the most hostile, moronic audiences I've ever experienced," he recalled.

"They were there to rock; what they didn't want was some homo-looking dudes playing noisy synths and they made that very clear to us.

"Our first show was in Mannheim, Germay. There were thousands of people standing there going [raises middle finger] and there were bits of sausage on the stage. I've tried to block it out."

Get Q308, featuring Florence + The Machine on the cover, for the full interview with Trent Reznor. It's out now.

http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/01/trent_reznor_ive_tried_to_bloc.html

overmatik
« Reply #2294 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »

I love NIN but I definitely wouldn't want to see them at the same gig with GNR and Skid Row. NIN has a very specific audience...  hihi
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2295 on: February 12, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »

I saw NIN the last tour and it was the most boring shit I ever paid for I left early. And Trent wants to talk about a moronic audience he needs to look at his own pathetic bunch of dweebs that show up for his crappy brand of music.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:14:06 AM by Gunner80 » Logged

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #2296 on: February 12, 2012, 03:36:39 AM »

I saw NIN the last tour and it was the most boring shit I ever paid for I left early. And Trent wants to talk about a moronic audience he needs to look at his own pathetic bunch of dweebs that show up for his crappy brand of music.

That doesn't make you the brightest person in the world for showing up and paying for it then..does it?

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2297 on: February 12, 2012, 04:18:51 AM »

Trent Reznor: 'I've tried to block out Nine Inch Nails shows supporting Guns'N'Roses'

31/01/2012

Trent Reznor has told Q that supporting Guns'N'Roses were the worst shows Nine Inch Nails ever played.

Speaking in the Q Interview in our brand new issue - Q308 out now - about his life, his soundtrack work on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, his demons and more, Reznor singles out the 1991 shows with Axl Rose and co as a nadir.

"It was only a couple of show and they were some of the worst performances we [Nine Inch Nails] ever had in front of the most hostile, moronic audiences I've ever experienced," he recalled.

"They were there to rock; what they didn't want was some homo-looking dudes playing noisy synths and they made that very clear to us.

"Our first show was in Mannheim, Germay. There were thousands of people standing there going [raises middle finger] and there were bits of sausage on the stage. I've tried to block it out."

Get Q308, featuring Florence + The Machine on the cover, for the full interview with Trent Reznor. It's out now.

I can understand rock audiences not "getting" what NIN was about 20 years ago, especially when audiences were into GN'R and Skid Row type of music.

But NIN is now widely accepted for their style of industrial rock, and I could see a GN'R/NIN double headline act working quite well, especially with Robin pulling double duty with both bands.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
new gnr fan
Headliner

« Reply #2298 on: February 12, 2012, 08:16:25 AM »

31/01/2012

I can understand rock audiences not "getting" what NIN was about 20 years ago, especially when audiences were into GN'R and Skid Row type of music.

But NIN is now widely accepted for their style of industrial rock, and I could see a GN'R/NIN double headline act working quite well, especially with Robin pulling double duty with both bands.

Yes, i totally agree. Robin and DJ at the same stage together would be EPIC!

枪和玫瑰 中國民主
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2299 on: February 15, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

31/01/2012

Come to think of it, I suppose it must have been horrible for Trent if that was happening. But I also think that GN'R's audience has changed alot since then, like Axl said in the Talking Metal interview. So I really do think a NIN/GN'R show would work well, especially if it means Robin meeting up with the GN'R guys again, even just to catch up.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: