Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 399189 times)
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2300 on: March 19, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »

One of the best bands of all time

Broski
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2301 on: March 20, 2012, 06:23:50 AM »

Trent Reznor: 'I've tried to block out Nine Inch Nails shows supporting Guns'N'Roses'

31/01/2012

Trent Reznor has told Q that supporting Guns'N'Roses were the worst shows Nine Inch Nails ever played.

Speaking in the Q Interview in our brand new issue - Q308 out now - about his life, his soundtrack work on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, his demons and more, Reznor singles out the 1991 shows with Axl Rose and co as a nadir.

"It was only a couple of show and they were some of the worst performances we [Nine Inch Nails] ever had in front of the most hostile, moronic audiences I've ever experienced," he recalled.

"They were there to rock; what they didn't want was some homo-looking dudes playing noisy synths and they made that very clear to us.

"Our first show was in Mannheim, Germay. There were thousands of people standing there going [raises middle finger] and there were bits of sausage on the stage. I've tried to block it out."

Get Q308, featuring Florence + The Machine on the cover, for the full interview with Trent Reznor. It's out now.

http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/01/trent_reznor_ive_tried_to_bloc.html

Come to think of it, I suppose it must have been horrible for Trent if that was happening. But I also think that GN'R's audience has changed alot since then, like Axl said in the Talking Metal interview. So I really do think a NIN/GN'R show would work well, especially if it means Robin meeting up with the GN'R guys again, even just to catch up.  Grin

I get the impression that this is highly unlikely. It seems that Axl and Trent fell out over Robin when he was putting together the touring band for 'With Teeth' judging by him saying something at the time like "Fuck Robin Finck! He's getting paid millions of dollars to hang out with Axl Rose!". And then there were a few things taking digs at GN'R after that. It's a shame, because I agree that that would be an amazing show.

Also, from what I've heard of that Wembley show, a lot of the crowd were morons who were beating the shit out of anybody they saw in a NIN shirt, etc.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2302 on: March 20, 2012, 04:10:35 PM »

Here is video of Trent talking about the GNR show at 4:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2zLkcI2P98&feature=related

Broski
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #2303 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »

So Trent has said that he is working on a bunch of material this year with Nine Inch Nails in mind...coolness!

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2304 on: April 04, 2012, 12:44:30 PM »

hihi

NINE INCH NAILS FRONTMAN TAKES TO TWITTER TO EXPLAIN ?80S TV APPEARANCE

Last week, a pretty funny clip from a TV performance that Nine Inch Nails appeared in sometime in the late-?80s on USA Network?s ?Dance Party USA? TV show somehow found its way online, and the snippet had fans rolling over in laughter. In the clip, lead singer Trent Reznor and the guys perform their debut single ?Down In It,? and the clip shows off all the over-the-top ?80s attire one would expect from a video coming out of that time period.

It?s wasn?t long before Reznor noticed the video raking up views online, and he went to his Twitter account to enlighten fans about why the group appeared on the dance show. ?Many years ago, a young and naive Nine Inch Nails were asked what TV shows they?d be interested in appearing on,? Reznor tweeted. ?As a joke (and likely drunk), they thought of the most absurd choice they could come up with at the time. They were then informed their bluff had been called and were actually booked on said show?They had a laugh making fun of the people, their fashion choices and hairstyles. Life was good? Years later, the internet is discovered? There?s a moral in there somewhere? Come to think of it, Skrillex may indeed owe me some publishing on that hairdo? ?

Nine Inch Nails on Dance Party USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whVtrLrTWwE

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2305 on: April 04, 2012, 11:57:32 PM »

Is that Robin on guitar?

libertad
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2306 on: April 05, 2012, 05:54:55 AM »

Is that Robin on guitar?

Nope. Robin didn't join on guitar until 1994. That's Richard Patrick (who would later form Filter).
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #2307 on: February 25, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »

http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-trent-reznor-announces-the-return-of-nine-inch-nails-extensive-touring-for-2013-and-2014/

NOTE FROM TRENT:
Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.
I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
TR
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #2308 on: February 25, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »

Glad to hear he's bringing it back. I think he just wanted to be home, start a family and make sure that was all going okay.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2309 on: February 25, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »

Cool I guess.

Makes the whole "farewell tour" seem pointless though. A four year gap between touring is now enough for a "farewell"?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #2310 on: February 25, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »

Cool I guess.

Makes the whole "farewell tour" seem pointless though. A four year gap between touring is now enough for a "farewell"?  hihi

/jarmo

How was it pointless? Because of the name of the tour? Tour names don't mean shit. Thousands of fans got to see their biggest Idol, some for the first time and some for the last time. Doesn't seem pointless to me.

It's almost like calling the "Chinese Democracy tour" pointless since it started 7 years before the album was released and still goes on 4 years after. Of course there are fans that think those tours are pointless, though I really didn't think you were one of them.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2311 on: February 25, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »

I always had a feeling that wasn't a farewell tour. Wonder why Robin isn't involved in this?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2312 on: February 25, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »

We're talking about a four year break.

It's not uncommon for artists to take a break. David Bowie anyone?
But they don't announce farewell tours only to come back four years later.

It's a bit funny.

I'm glad fans got to see them. So did I, on the farewell tour!

It's almost like calling the "Chinese Democracy tour" pointless since it started 7 years before the album was released and still goes on 4 years after. Of course there are fans that think those tours are pointless, though I really didn't think you were one of them.

Nowhere did they say they're gonna stop touring during that tour to sell more tickets. Nice try.  Tongue

NIN isn't the only one who has done this. Didn't Ozzy retire too?

How do you sell more tickets and create interest for your tours? Announce it's the last one, announce it's a reunion of something or announce you'll bring back something from the past (play an album in full etc.).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #2313 on: February 25, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »

Stop touring? No. Promote an album? Well, kinda? "There will be music this fall" or something like it, among other things here and there.

But people can change, right? Things can change plans?

Personally, I truly believe Reznor didn't feel like doing NIN anymore at that point in time. Comparing with Ozzy "the reality show star" Osbourne is as fair as me comparing with GN'R. Nice try. I'm pretty sure Kiss has done it as well but I wouldn't put either of them in the same category of artists as Trent and Axl.

I always had a feeling that wasn't a farewell tour. Wonder why Robin isn't involved in this?

Probably has something to do with the "re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be" and "the band is reinventing itself from scratch". I'd think  Adrian Belew has something to do with it as well.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #2314 on: February 25, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »

He's kept a pretty low profile since becoming a father.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2315 on: February 25, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »

Maybe to support a new album?  From an interview in early 2012...

Trent Reznor To Write New Nine Inch Nails Material in 2012

"I'm going to be writing for Nine Inch Nails this year," Reznor tells Billboard.com. He put NiN on hiatus in 2009, and Reznor explains that at the moment he doesn't "have any particular goal in mind other than... my voice as a songwriter feels like it needs to speak up or at least work out a little bit to not atrophy. I think I have something to say that feels unique to who I am right now, and that's when it tells me it's time to do something."

Reznor says that he did think about adopting yet another moniker for his upcoming writing but decided that "at the moment it's going to live in the Nine Inch Nails column, for a few reasons. I enjoy the challenge of moving that kind of brand forward, that identity, shaping it to who I am now instead of who I was a few years ago when I last left off." But, he adds, "It's all kind of hypothetical right now. When I sit down with a notebook and a little mini-recorder is when my bluff will be called, and then it might not happen at all."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/512559/trent-reznor-to-write-new-nine-inch-nails-material-in-2012#/news/trent-reznor-to-write-new-nine-inch-nails-1005867562.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2316 on: February 25, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Personally, I truly believe Reznor didn't feel like doing NIN anymore at that point in time.

Sure. I didn't say anything else.

Comparing with Ozzy "the reality show star" Osbourne is as fair as me comparing with GN'R.

The ONLY comparison made was the fact that artists announce these "farewell" tours and then decide a few years later to tour again.

I get it, it was a farewell to that line up of NIN. Ok.

Using that logic, most NIN tours have been farewell tours. Except they weren't marketed as such. Weird.

Bands can't change without a farewell tour? I think they can, and have done so.

I think too much emphasis was put on that 2009 tour being a farewell tour. If he had just toured and said at the shows "this is the last time you'll see NIN like this", or "I don't see us doing this after this tour", that would've been one thing.

Probably has something to do with the "re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be" and "the band is reinventing itself from scratch".

No GN'R comparison there?  rofl

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:42:22 PM by jarmo » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #2317 on: February 25, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »

Heard threw the grapevine that Robin won't be involved in this version of NIN either which fills me with mixed emotions. I'm happy that Robin has appeared to make the choice to start settling down, and begin a new chapter of his life away from the big scale touring world.

I think it's very brave to just step away from something you've always known, to something which is new and fresh.

Best of luck to you Robin.  ok
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #2318 on: February 25, 2013, 06:55:52 PM »

Bands can't change without a farewell tour? I think they can, and have done so.

I think too much emphasis was put on that 2009 tour being a farewell tour. If he had just toured and said at the shows "this is the last time you'll see NIN like this", or "I don't see us doing this after this tour", that would've been one thing.

Probably has something to do with the "re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be" and "the band is reinventing itself from scratch".

No GN'R comparison there?  rofl

/jarmo
of course they can. I never said anything about that. I pretty much agree with everything that you just said up there. This discussion started with you calling The tour pointless, when you really meant the name of The tour.

Totally missing out what was funny about quoting reznor.  Please explain so all of us can laugh as much as you do. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:57:41 PM by CheapJon » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2319 on: February 25, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »

I meant a FAREWELL tour is pointless if it's only a farewell for this year, this band line up, this image etc.

Of course it made no sense to you.

Almost all bands, except AC/DC (joking!), has reinvented themselves at some point. Without farewell tours in support of it. Wink

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: