Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227804 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)  (Read 43409 times)
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »

they need to release the cd before they do more new tunes live
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »

but just because its a different time does not mean that the same reasoning can not apply. It totally does!!! This version of gnr is so much more than appetite and illusions! the new material blows the old stuff away. all they need to do is go out there and play the new stuff. the material will speak for itself.

So you think they should play sets with a majority of new songs nobody has heard?

You don't think the people at the shows will be wishing they'd play more old stuff while others would wish the anticipation and surprises were saved until the album is out?

Haven't you paid any attention to what others around you are saying? There's a bunch of people who think the songs we've heard live are enough for now. But you want more......

It's pretty pointless to try to reason with some of you. You weren't at the shows you're complaining about. I just can't relate to your way of thinking.

15000 fans are going insane and enjoying the show, you think it sucks and you're not even there.... Makes no sense to me.

/jarmo

jarmo, let me first say this...i respect the fact that you have been running the site for 11 years and your dedication to the band. i really do. i can relate because ive been a die hard for over 20 years. ive travelled the world to see the band and have been to over 100 shows over that time period. so, dont get me wrong...im not complaining, im not gonna tell the band what to do, im happy the fans are enjoying the shows and i never said the shows suck, never, and i never will...they are all fucking great...i should know...ive been to over 40 "new" gnr shows since 2001. i was just bringing up some points that i thought were worth discussing and that are important. i would never complain or suggest the band to do a fucking thing....this band has brought me so much happiness over the years and will continue to do so. im behind them 100%. since ive been around and have seen alot of shows and know the history very well, i just bring up some points of discussion, thats it....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2007, 07:35:25 PM »

I understand, but the way I see it, it's apples and oranges when you make that kind of comparisons.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »

I understand, but the way I see it, it's apples and oranges when you make that kind of comparisons.....

/jarmo

thats fine if you dont agree with my opinion. thats what the board is for. your entitled to disagree with me, as i am of you.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2007, 07:44:38 PM »

I just think the complaining is partly from the delay in the album release. I can see why Axl refuses to play more new songs and include many classics in the setlist, I think it's good for the fans who attend the shows since most of them are not online checking the setlist of every single show and comparing them. Hell, I'd be more than glad to attend a GN'R show with a setlist like the ones they were playing last year.

The thing is, waiting for the fucking album for so long makes people want more fresh stuff then what we already got. Yeah, we got 8 new songs so far, but that's 8 songs in 14 fucking years!! I speak for myself here, but I'm starting to get a little pissed that they start a tour and there's no sight of the album release. Then they start another tour, and still no album, no announcements, no nothing! Then Axl comes and cancels the January shows in order to finish the album and announces a tentative release date. I was VERY happy Axl had finally decided to address GN'R fans like that, come clean about some stuff. But even though I knew the release date was tentative and I kinda expected them not to release the album in the announced date, I never expected that in june, 3 months later after the tentative release date announced by Axl, we'd be completely in the dark again!!

And then comes yet another tour, which is great, I love the fact that they are back in action, but it's really starting to get a bit ridiculous that there's ABSOLUTELY NO SIGN of the album again! And you can't say there is, because most of us were 95% sure the album would be out by december last year (at least we got an explanation back then).

So, we can't really complain about the setlists, 4 or 5 new songs is pretty good, but having 8 new songs in 14 years is ridiculous. I wonder what would have happened if Better, IRS and TWAT had never leaked. I bet my ass that the band would still be playing only The Blues, CD and Madagascar at the shows, and I can only imagine what the whiners would be saying...

ok

That's it man! Finally someone who understands what i'm saying ...
When the CD comes out, everything will change... the problem is not having a clue when it's going to be out...
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2007, 08:40:40 PM »

why was my post removed?  it wasn't even controversial or negative.  all i did was explain why some of us want to hear new songs
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »

Don't know if it was said, but Frank shaved his beard. 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2007, 09:12:21 PM »

where can I read the reviews? since that there's always someone bitching about setlist and etc it's hard to know where I can read.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2007, 10:40:51 PM »

"How about we play our, uh, see we don't use a set list. We go by how we feel, and how you feel. That way, we don't get bored with doing the same shit every night, and you people go 'You know, they did the same show when I was in Chicago'.  No, we, we don't have guys standing under the stage doing my whistle parts, and we don't have sample shit. Why don't we play what we usually open with? Here we go..."

Now thats fucking rock and roll. On the other hand, Velvet Revolver seems to be doing mainly the same set list each night too, but they only have so many songs to choose from.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2007, 10:45:30 PM »

There's no need to bring up the pub cover band here, thanks.
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2007, 11:01:11 PM »

Yeah, and I mentioned why I think they might not want to play more new songs at this point.

It's not 1991 anymore.

Pretty Tied Up (unreleased), Brownstone, patience, double talkin' jive (unreleased) jungle, knockin, you could be mine (unreleased), easy, civil war, dead horse (unreleased), sweet, estranged (unreleased),

5?

Better(unreleased), IRS(unreleased), the blues(unreleased), Madagascar(unreleased), cd,(unreleased) etc...

Yeah, exactly.

Isn't it funny how things were sooo much better when they played a lot of unreleased songs?

Oh wait, maybe they didn't!

/jarmo

Jarmo, most those shows in 1991 they were playing 9 to 10 new songs a night. Plus, Civil War & Knocking On Heaven's Door. That's 11 to 12 songs a night from the UYIs before the albums had even come out.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2007, 11:02:28 PM »

who fucking cares?

why do you give a fuck what setlist they played in Mexico last night?

quit being selfish and take what comes and be happy with it, or fuck off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »

Well thank you for keeping this going on.

I've already explained where I'm coming from and we've moved on to discussing Bon Jovi.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
irishtwilight
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2007, 11:06:08 PM »

who fucking cares?

why do you give a fuck what setlist they played in Mexico last night?

quit being selfish and take what comes and be happy with it, or fuck off.

Whatever. You make no sense at all.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2007, 11:37:05 PM »

couple of new pics at newgnr.com  Smiley

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2007, 01:59:46 AM »

Don't know if it was said, but Frank shaved his beard. 

Did he shave it all or did he make some weird-shaped beard?

Discuss.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2007, 02:07:28 AM »

HBK "

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2007, 02:14:10 AM »

November Rain

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WyLlqFchtX8

love

BetoRose
Opening Act

« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2007, 03:12:44 AM »

Here is my review of the show, more than a concert review I?ll try to share my experience with you all since most of the main details you already know. 

I got at the Arena at 7pm with two of my closest cousins, by that time, I had stopped drinking any liquids 3 hours before, my plan was not to miss my spot or any second of the concert by going to the restroom, I stud right in the middle and bellow the arena center screen, I would say 15 mts from stage,  the first opener, I think it was vulture, got on stage around nine, they just did three songs, sucked big time, people star throwing coins and water.. precious water!  to the stage .. at the end of the last song the guy said something like.. ?we are sorry,  we haven?t play together for a while?.. or something,  that?s what  I heard, very pathetic.

Around 10pm,  Maligno took the stage, they were ok the  first couple of songs, then it was boring, the lead singer looked like gay to me, and a rockstar wanna be, very looser.. everybody was !FUERA! FUERA!!, we all turned around and started rocking the opposite side, very funny, I was having a blast, I guess Maligno was not,  some stupid people throw very dangerous things to them.

Then the waiting begun, we met this cute girl from Chihuahua we were chatting and that made the wait easier, she was kind of looking for protection I?m tall 6-3 and she was little and fragile hehe,   people from the arena said 11:15pm was the time?   at 11:15  nothing, I thought it was a problem with the right teleprompter, it wasn?t working and later they brought a new one and replace it,  that was the reason!!  everybody was saying.. we are ready to start!.. nop!.  11:30pm.. nothing..  11:45pm  nothing.. 12:00am.. one of my cousin couldn?t stand it any more and left, he went to lobby.. at 12:15am  he called me, there was a long line of people upset and drunk asking for their money back, according to my cousin at lest  1000 people actually left the arena, and you could tell because I was now 5 mts from stage!, one girl pass out.. heat was infernal.. then I met this guy from Veracruz, he was very frustraded, he traveled 18 hrs by bus just for the concert and as him and me, many people came from distant places, I knew this was normal for GNR, but I was very very worried, then from the left side of the arena, the police.. probably 20 of them,  shit!!.. I thought.. that?s it? they are kicking us out,  I was so ready start a riot.. and believe me I was not the only one.

I needed water so bad..  me and my stupid not drinking water plan. Suddenly the lights slightly changed, it was the screens around the area, showing something like..  ?In a few minutes the band Guns and Roses will start the show, thanks for you patience? finally a hope!, at 12:30or 12:40, the lights went out, I could feel adrenaline flowing, recharging my batteries, forgetting my thirst and  forgiving Axl, then the first tunes of WTTJ, everybody screaming and blowing their throats, it was for sure I was around hardcore fans, from there everything was excitement, singing, screaming, jumping, trying to call the Axl?s attention, a blast!!. between songs choiring GUNS N ROSES! GUNS N ROSES! Some lead by Frank   I was having one of the best times of my life, after LALD many were crying of excitement and look happily overwhelmed, as for the sound quality .. I have no idea.. people around me were singing so loud all the songs, even the new ones that I couldn?t hear right..

At the end ..Paradise city, that just killed me.. I left the rest of me there, slamming and dancing, if you could call it dancing and I had no voice by then.

Those were the shortest 2 hours of mi life, I lost 3 pounds and dehydrate, but let me tell you it worth every minute  waited and I wouldn?t mind waiting again, as for the set list, that was exactly what I wanted to hear, since this was may first GNR concert I don?t complaint they doing almost the same show they?ve been doing at all.

As my friend Axl, (since we have been so close now, I consider him my friend now) once  said, ?hopefully I expressed my sentiments? and find this review interesting, sorry if I misspelled or confuse you with anything,  luckily English is not my first language.

CYA.
Beto.

Beto
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2007, 03:15:12 AM »

Thanks for this review, Beto..

From the youtube videos, the sound did seemed to be really good. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »