Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)  (Read 43543 times)
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2007, 02:50:08 PM »

"What exactly are you supporting? A band that fits your needs or a band that does what they think is right?"

How can you possibly justify that what they are doing is because they feel they are doing the right thing? this is now the 4th fucking tour that has been self proclaimed "the chinese democracy world tour". that is blatent false advertising for two reasons:
1-a fan who wants to hear new material would think that due to the title they will hear new stuff (and more than 3-5 songs)
2-when they don't actually play said title song, and therefore how can you call it the Chidem world tour?

This band has become a joke

No, I'm sorry, but the the joke is on anyone naive enough to believe the band would play any additional new tracks off the album before it's released.  I mean come on, if you're a regular reader of GNR messageboards, then you really should know the score (and this includes any timing issues!).  On the other hand, if you're not quite such a devoted follower, then you're more than likely going to want to hear the classics; which is what you got.

I don't know how many more times we're going to go round this particular mulberry bush on show threads but it's getting bloody annoying to keep logging on for updates only to find whinging from people not even at the show.

As for the title of the tour, how can it possibly be false advertising when they are indeed playing songs off the forthcoming album.  Just because they don't play enough for you, is neither here nor there.  The last leg of the Illusions tour was called the Skin 'n' Bones tour but I don't know of anyone feeling let down because there wasn't a song of that name in the set.

As to why they're not playing some of the other songs from UYI, I expect Axl has his reasons and, as he is the person who has to sing them, I think we should respect that decision.  I'm not saying that people shouldn't express the hope that their particular favourite is added to the set, but just that there's no justification for throwing a strop when it fails to materialise. 

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

One thing I know for sure ... they're just gonna start playing more songs of Chinese Democracy when the CD is released, because otherwise we would know "all" the songs of the CD and there would be no surprise at all. And i don't remember who, but someone in the band said they were only playing Better, IRS and TWAT because they leaked... so, forget about new songs on these leg of the tour!

It makes perfect sense to most people that you don't want to ruin the surprise by playing a lot of new songs at this point.

Especially when we haven't heard those songs.

/jarmo
?as strange as it sounds, ?we actually benefit from not hearing these songs live first. ?

the album will sound new and fresh to us this way. ?

plus a setlist with wttj, scom, pc, iso, better and brownstone is good enough to entertain Her Majesty any day ?yes

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2007, 02:52:57 PM »

I can't understand the logic of people that say they need to play a whole bunch of new songs. ?How many die hard fans do you think were at tht show in Mexico and said we got screwed because they didn't play more songs from the new CD? ?I would guess not many. ?It is the bands discression about what to play. ?Get over it. ?if you didn't go to the show quit nitching about the setlist. ?You don't know how the show went over, and how the band sounded. ?Judging a show based on what songs are listed on a setlist and the time they went on is pointless. ?That gives yo no indication of how it sounded or the feel of the show.
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2007, 03:00:55 PM »

bah I'm tired of those assholes who always complain about the setlist blah blah blah
metallica toured with the same setlist year after year (91-93) and what? ppl like what they do on stage, and btw they can play whatever they fucking want.
Gr8 show and hope that they will remain in that setlist for about 10-50 dates just to piss some fuckin morons off here.

I remember back in the 91 when GNR started to play a bunch of new songs (UYI songs) and ppl constantly refrain about their setlist "by not to play their appetite classics" bah fuck off, go and enjoy them live as long as you can.

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2007, 03:02:29 PM »

According to the set list from last night, they DID play 3 new songs! "IRS", "Better", and "The Blues" were never played on any previous Mexican tours before. ?
dungbeetle
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2007, 03:05:16 PM »

"What exactly are you supporting? A band that fits your needs or a band that does what they think is right?"

How can you possibly justify that what they are doing is because they feel they are doing the right thing? this is now the 4th fucking tour that has been self proclaimed "the chinese democracy world tour". that is blatent false advertising for two reasons:
1-a fan who wants to hear new material would think that due to the title they will hear new stuff (and more than 3-5 songs)
2-when they don't actually play said title song, and therefore how can you call it the Chidem world tour?

This band has become a joke

Good post I agree

No, I'm sorry, but the the joke is on anyone naive enough to believe the band would play any additional new tracks off the album before it's released.? I mean come on, if you're a regular reader of GNR messageboards, then you really should know the score (and this includes any timing issues!).? On the other hand, if you're not quite such a devoted follower, then you're more than likely going to want to hear the classics; which is what you got.

I don't know how many more times we're going to go round this particular mulberry bush on show threads but it's getting bloody annoying to keep logging on for updates only to find whinging from people not even at the show.

As for the title of the tour, how can it possibly be false advertising when they are indeed playing songs off the forthcoming album.? Just because they don't play enough for you, is neither here nor there.? The last leg of the Illusions tour was called the Skin 'n' Bones tour but I don't know of anyone feeling let down because there wasn't a song of that name in the set.

As to why they're not playing some of the other songs from UYI, I expect Axl has his reasons and, as he is the person who has to sing them, I think we should respect that decision.? I'm not saying that people shouldn't express the hope that their particular favourite is added to the set, but just that there's no justification for throwing a strop when it fails to materialise.?

Dont eat cheese after midnight
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2007, 03:10:03 PM »

According to the set list from last night, they DID play 3 new songs! "IRS", "Better", and "The Blues" were never played on any previous Mexican tours before. ?
i wonder how many poeple at the show last night have actually heard ''better'',''irs'' or ''the blues''. ? i bet them 3 songs were new to about 80% of the crowd.

remember we aint all ''downloadin muthafukers'' ?ye know ?hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
whitemusiclover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2007, 03:37:14 PM »

If the band goes on late people drink more. less likely to know sutle mistakes made by the band. Spend more money. Honestly ,The real reason chin democracy isn't out isn't because the albums not done. It's because there is going to be new technology introduced so no one will be able to burn copies. One way or another when the technology arrives so does the tunes. until then we might never get an album.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »

What versions of Better and IRS were played?? Are they playing the more rock oriented versions of old or the newer leaked versions with more synthesizer in them?

Also, and I said this in a post that someone deleted for no reason, I think it is real bad news that Axl didn't mention the album once.? If they were done mixing and mastering then he would certainly want to promote his finished product.? I think we can conclude that the band went on tour before the mixing was done and that they are far enough away from a release that they figurede they might as well tour before finishing it.? The setlist hasn't changed in 15 months, but who cares?? The real problem I see is that they didn't mention the album at all.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »

IMO, I just don't think they would make any announcements in Mexico
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2007, 04:14:30 PM »

And i don't remember who, but someone in the band said they were only playing Better, IRS and TWAT because they leaked... so, forget about new songs on these leg of the tour!

What about Prostitute and If The World? They both were listed in that paper setlist as ''options''.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2007, 04:16:50 PM »

Maybe because the album was supposed to be released before the end of 2006.

brokenfix
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2007, 05:06:07 PM »

What versions of Better and IRS were played?  Are they playing the more rock oriented versions of old or the newer leaked versions with more synthesizer in them?

The same versions that I have heard in bootlegs and the Rock Am Ring show.

Also, and I said this in a post that someone deleted for no reason, I think it is real bad news that Axl didn't mention the album once.  If they were done mixing and mastering then he would certainly want to promote his finished product.  I think we can conclude that the band went on tour before the mixing was done and that they are far enough away from a release that they figurede they might as well tour before finishing it.  The setlist hasn't changed in 15 months, but who cares?  The real problem I see is that they didn't mention the album at all.

I was hoping for an album announcement or something too, but well, the show rocked and I think that it's the thing that 98% of the people there cared.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »

One thing I know for sure ... they're just gonna start playing more songs of Chinese Democracy when the CD is released, because otherwise we would know "all" the songs of the CD and there would be no surprise at all. And i don't remember who, but someone in the band said they were only playing Better, IRS and TWAT because they leaked... so, forget about new songs on these leg of the tour!

It makes perfect sense to most people that you don't want to ruin the surprise by playing a lot of new songs at this point.

Especially when we haven't heard those songs.

/jarmo

actually, the band guns n roses does not agree with your statement at all. look at what they actually played and when they played it. if you know the bands history, then you know that Use Your Illusions came out on sept 17, 1991. Nine months earlier on january 21, 1991 , gnr played rock in rio 2. Here was the setlist: Pretty Tied Up (unreleased), Brownstone, patience, double talkin' jive (unreleased) jungle, knockin, you could be mine (unreleased), easy, civil war, dead horse (unreleased), sweet, estranged (unreleased), paradise...if anything, playing the unreleased material fueled the fire for the new album and was very exciting to hear. i remember saying i cant wait until i hear these songs on the album when it comes out......rio 2 (first night) was one of the best shows they ever played...anyone else remember that one?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »

Back then you didn't worry about bootlegs spreading like a wildfire over the internet.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2007, 05:34:42 PM »

As I said, in 1991 they knew they were gonna release 30 new songs.

If you play 5-6 new songs, it's about 1/5 of the total number of songs.

Now, if they play five new songs today out of maybe 15-18 that's gonna be on Chinese Democracy, that's about 1/3 or 1/4.

The fact that you claim to know what "the band Guns N' Roses" agrees with or not is kinda pointless.

In 1991 fans who weren't in Rio weren't whining about the setlists at home in USA.

Times change.

Today many bands who have just released new albums only play a few of the new songs and the rest are old ones. It's not uncommon at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »

Back then you didn't worry about bootlegs spreading like a wildfire over the internet.

bootlegs of this show was all over the place...audio and video....not by the web, but by regular mail....we all got it....

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »

bootlegs of this show was all over the place...audio and video....not by the web, but by regular mail....we all got it....

So you're saying the Internet hasn't had any effect on the bootleg trading world?

Please.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »

As I said, in 1991 they knew they were gonna release 30 new songs.

If you play 5-6 new songs, it's about 1/5 of the total number of songs.

Now, if they play five new songs today out of maybe 15-18 that's gonna be on Chinese Democracy, that's about 1/3 or 1/4.

The fact that you claim to know what "the band Guns N' Roses" agrees with or not is kinda pointless.

In 1991 fans who weren't in Rio weren't whining about the setlists at home in USA.

Times change.

Today many bands who have just released new albums only play a few of the new songs and the rest are old ones. It's not uncommon at all.

/jarmo

im not complaining at all...my post was a response to your statement that the band doesnt want to play unreleased material before the album comes out.....

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »

Pretty Tied Up (unreleased), Brownstone, patience, double talkin' jive (unreleased) jungle, knockin, you could be mine (unreleased), easy, civil war, dead horse (unreleased), sweet, estranged (unreleased),

5?

Better(unreleased), IRS(unreleased), the blues(unreleased), Madagascar(unreleased), cd,(unreleased) etc...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: