Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:11:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 2nd - Monterrey (updates)  (Read 43543 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2007, 05:38:06 PM »

Yeah, and I mentioned why I think they might not want to play more new songs at this point.

It's not 1991 anymore.

Pretty Tied Up (unreleased), Brownstone, patience, double talkin' jive (unreleased) jungle, knockin, you could be mine (unreleased), easy, civil war, dead horse (unreleased), sweet, estranged (unreleased),

5?

Better(unreleased), IRS(unreleased), the blues(unreleased), Madagascar(unreleased), cd,(unreleased) etc...

Yeah, exactly.

Isn't it funny how things were sooo much better when they played a lot of unreleased songs?

Oh wait, maybe they didn't!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 05:39:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »

Let's not forget the band has already played EIGHT unreleased songs since they started re-touring in 2001.? Probably 6 of them will make the final cut.? Damn, how many more unreleased songs do you wanna hear before a SINGLE Disc album comes out???
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »

i think most people want a tour that showcases the actual album with old classic sprinkled in...

most fans i think want them to release the album before touring

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »

they are still alive because of that fucking internet.

Johan

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »

As I said, in 1991 they knew they were gonna release 30 new songs.

If you play 5-6 new songs, it's about 1/5 of the total number of songs.

Now, if they play five new songs today out of maybe 15-18 that's gonna be on Chinese Democracy, that's about 1/3 or 1/4.

The fact that you claim to know what "the band Guns N' Roses" agrees with or not is kinda pointless.

In 1991 fans who weren't in Rio weren't whining about the setlists at home in USA.

Times change.

Today many bands who have just released new albums only play a few of the new songs and the rest are old ones. It's not uncommon at all.

/jarmo

again, your facts are wrong. almost every track (not all) was played on tour before the records were released....go check out the setlists from 1/1991-9/1991....almost every track on illusions was played and those shows were magic...i attended over 50 of them...it was so great to hear the new tracks live before the album came out...and just to be clear....so you dont get confused....this is music....i love it and its all about fun....im happy people enjoyed the shows that they attended....every post jarmo makes is so biased and if someone disagrees with him, he starts ranting and pulling out facts that are not true...he is welcome to disagree because isnt this a site where we all can discuss all points of views even if we dont all agree on something?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2007, 05:47:28 PM »

i think the biggest difference and maybe the reason why they dont play more or all the new songs like they used to is soley because of the internet .....back in the day songs didnt spread like the do now....I rather them not play the new material until they release the album.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
isa
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »

does anybody could get some pics? I mean of Axl?, does he has a new look ( ok)?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »

Any pictures surface from last night yet?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2007, 05:49:51 PM »

I dont understand why people think they should play more unreleased songs..
Whats the point when there still is no new album? 98% of the people goes to this
concert to listen to Scom, Wttj, ise, browstone, paradisec. etc etc..
When the album is released.. yeah, they will play more new song, and also maybe
switch the setlist. But for now, thats not a good move at all.

Imagine, Metallica touring before St. Anger, and play most st anger tunes.. would not make
any sence..

When people attend a concert, they are there to listen to the released stuff they have listened to
through Appetite and Illusion. And who knows? Maybe you guys wont like Prostitute, If The World
att all. We all want Chinese Democracy to come ut! But remember why you are a GNR fan! Because
of the setlist they are currently playing. Im so happy to have been to GNR concerts where they have
played the classic stuff. The setlist may get very changed when CD is out..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2007, 05:49:56 PM »

again, your facts are wrong. almost every track (not all) was played on tour before the records were released....go check out the setlists from 1/1991-9/1991....almost every track on illusions was played and those shows were magic...i attended over 50 of them...it was so great to hear the new tracks live before the album came out...and just to be clear....so you dont get confused....this is music....i love it and its all about fun....im happy people enjoyed the shows that they attended....every post jarmo makes is so biased and if someone disagrees with him, he starts ranting and pulling out facts that are not true...he is welcome to disagree because isnt this a site where we all can discuss all points of views even if we dont all agree on something?

The fact that I said that they knew they had new albums with 30 songs coming out is wrong?

The fact that they were on their first headlining tour is wrong?

The fact that it's not 1991 anymore and the Internet is around is wrong?

You were proven wrong about your perfect example of how they played a bunch of new songs at Rock In Rio 2 in January 1991. They played five (5) new songs. Out of 30 that are on the UYI albums.

You check the setlists yourself and notice that once they knew what worked, the sets were pretty much the same (especially in 1992).

Certain songs disappeared from the sets and some were added.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »

I rather them not play the new material until they release the album.....

I rather them to sell those recordings they make from each show.
That would put a end to all those tapers, make a lot of fan's happy, and bring in some money.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2007, 05:56:03 PM »

The fact that I said that they knew they had new albums with 30 songs coming out is wrong?

The fact that they were on their first headlining tour is wrong?

The fact that it's not 1991 anymore and the Internet is around is wrong?

You were proven wrong about your perfect example of how they played a bunch of new songs at Rock In Rio 2 in January 1991. They played five (5) new songs. Out of 30 that are on the UYI albums.

You check the setlists yourself and notice that once they knew what worked, the sets were pretty much the same (especially in 1992).

Certain songs disappeared from the sets and some were added.

/jarmo

dude, you're wrong again. i said the 1991 setlists..go check em out....they played almost every Illusion track on tour before the cd's came out...and in rio 2, it was actually 6 new songs out of the 13 total songs....and remember it was a short set because it was a festival....thats where i said you were wrong...oh yeah, i agree with you that the internet wasnt around in 1991 and also it was their first headlining tour....i think most of us know that, but yes, i agree with you on that...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »

Ok, so in 1991 when they had 30 songs to choose from from two new albums that they knew were coming out within a few months they played a bunch of new songs.

That was a time when they wanted to prove that they were about more than just one album.

How does that compare to 2007? They've already proved that they had more great songs than just the ones Appetite.

But the fact is, AFD is their most well-known album.

Ask casual fans which song they know better, Out Ta Get Me or Locomotive.....

You can keep comparing all you want, but your comparisons are just pointless because it's a different time.

/jarmo

TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »

i would think most fans would want the disc out before another tour, there's only so many tours they can do w/o the disc before it gets a little ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:14:36 PM by TWAT RULES » Logged
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2007, 06:16:26 PM »

Ok, so in 1991 when they had 30 songs to choose from from two new albums that they knew were coming out within a few months they played a bunch of new songs.

That was a time when they wanted to prove that they were about more than just one album.

How does that compare to 2007? They've already proved that they had more great songs than just the ones Appetite.

But the fact is, AFD is their most well-known album.

Ask casual fans which song they know better, Out Ta Get Me or Locomotive.....

You can keep comparing all you want, but your comparisons are just pointless because it's a different time.

/jarmo

hey, i agree with you. thats EXACTLY the point. Illusions came out to, as axl said himself, to "bury appetite." and yes, to prove that they werent about just one album and they played almost every track off of illusions live before the cd's came out..almost every one!...totally, i agree 100%. but just because its a different time does not mean that the same reasoning can not apply. It totally does!!! This version of gnr is so much more than appetite and illusions! the new material blows the old stuff away. all they need to do is go out there and play the new stuff. the material will speak for itself. its time to put appetite and illusions behind them and move on with chinese democracy. its a different time, but the reasoning still holds true as it did in 1991...the band can and will move beyond appetite and illusions...again, im speaking generally and i am really happy that all the fans around the world enjoyu seeing the band live no matter what songs they play...its all about fun and excitement.....i think you agree with that..don't you?

guscouto
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »

I insist ... i think the band's choice of not playing anymore Chinese Democracy unreleased tracks is correct. The problem is not exploring the vast Guns N' Roses discography, mainly UYI... but, anyway, like I said ... i'm happy anyway, a Guns N' Roses concert is a Guns N' Roses concert. Any setlist will kick ass because they got MANY great songs... this is a "healthy" discussion, is not a situation of life and death, so take it easy guys...

THE REAL PROBLEM IS CHINESE DEMOCRACY NOT BEING RELEASED AFTER ALL THIS TIME... if it had already happened, we would be having a very different discussion about the setlists...
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »

I just think the complaining is partly from the delay in the album release. I can see why Axl refuses to play more new songs and include many classics in the setlist, I think it's good for the fans who attend the shows since most of them are not online checking the setlist of every single show and comparing them. Hell, I'd be more than glad to attend a GN'R show with a setlist like the ones they were playing last year.

The thing is, waiting for the fucking album for so long makes people want more fresh stuff then what we already got. Yeah, we got 8 new songs so far, but that's 8 songs in 14 fucking years!! I speak for myself here, but I'm starting to get a little pissed that they start a tour and there's no sight of the album release. Then they start another tour, and still no album, no announcements, no nothing! Then Axl comes and cancels the January shows in order to finish the album and announces a tentative release date. I was VERY happy Axl had finally decided to address GN'R fans like that, come clean about some stuff. But even though I knew the release date was tentative and I kinda expected them not to release the album in the announced date, I never expected that in june, 3 months later after the tentative release date announced by Axl, we'd be completely in the dark again!!

And then comes yet another tour, which is great, I love the fact that they are back in action, but it's really starting to get a bit ridiculous that there's ABSOLUTELY NO SIGN of the album again! And you can't say there is, because most of us were 95% sure the album would be out by december last year (at least we got an explanation back then).

So, we can't really complain about the setlists, 4 or 5 new songs is pretty good, but having 8 new songs in 14 years is ridiculous. I wonder what would have happened if Better, IRS and TWAT had never leaked. I bet my ass that the band would still be playing only The Blues, CD and Madagascar at the shows, and I can only imagine what the whiners would be saying...
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2007, 06:25:08 PM »

I insist ... i think the band's choice of not playing anymore Chinese Democracy unreleased tracks is correct. The problem is not exploring the vast Guns N' Roses discography, mainly UYI... but, anyway, like I said ... i'm happy anyway, a Guns N' Roses concert is a Guns N' Roses concert. Any setlist will kick ass because they got MANY great songs... this is a "healthy" discussion, is not a situation of life and death, so take it easy guys...

THE REAL PROBLEM IS CHINESE DEMOCRACY NOT BEING RELEASED AFTER ALL THIS TIME... if it had already happened, we would be having a very different discussion about the setlists...

You posted while I was writing my own message, as you can see I completely agree with you!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2007, 06:29:22 PM »

but just because its a different time does not mean that the same reasoning can not apply. It totally does!!! This version of gnr is so much more than appetite and illusions! the new material blows the old stuff away. all they need to do is go out there and play the new stuff. the material will speak for itself.

So you think they should play sets with a majority of new songs nobody has heard?

You don't think the people at the shows will be wishing they'd play more old stuff while others would wish the anticipation and surprises were saved until the album is out?

Haven't you paid any attention to what others around you are saying? There's a bunch of people who think the songs we've heard live are enough for now. But you want more......

It's pretty pointless to try to reason with some of you. You weren't at the shows you're complaining about. I just can't relate to your way of thinking.

15000 fans are going insane and enjoying the show, you think it sucks and you're not even there.... Makes no sense to me.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:30:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2007, 06:29:45 PM »

i loved the shows last year, and if gnr was playing near me for the first time, i would PREFER they do the same setlist they've been doing. and i know there are MANY others who feel the same way.

when people see gnr, they want hear the classics. it's tough to fully enjoy a live song that you're hearing for the first time.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: