Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 76 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Dj interview at LegendaryRockInterviews.com (Sep 2014)  (Read 246708 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #520 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:03 AM »

On the other hand, I can also assume that Axl had a lot of legitimate reasons for things taking a long time. There were a lot of lawsuits distracting his time. Based on the interviews and articles in recent years, I think Axl are quite open for Buckethead to return while the guitar man himself hasn't said a word. I don't think Bucket has anything against Axl as a person, but might be stand-offish to the idea of going a couple of years without releasing any creative output.

I was shocked when Axl joked he's share his Dr. Pepper with Bucket.  Usually, once you get on Axl's enemies list, you don't get off it.

Bucket obviously left under bad circumstances though.  The dude has a myriad of projects he's done, or has done, but only one he doesn't want to talk about or even allow discussion of on his site.  Does that suggest it was all rosy?  Not one bit.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #521 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »

It is like a bubble here. It is not a real reflection on what real GN'R fans think. A bubble.

I mean what if Axl did release albums regular? Let us just explore this point. Presumably, if Axl released albums at a regular ratio (say, every 3-4 years) he would release a stinker at some point (as it happens I do not think GN'R have had a turd in their discography unless you include TSI). It happens to all bands, The Stones (take your pick), Metallica (St Anger), Queen (Hot Space), Beatles (Let it Be) - every band, no matter how great, releases a stinker, eventually. It is nothing to threat about, ''a bad day at the office call it''. Laugh at it later. Even Hetfield has joked about St Anger. It happens! Yet, what if Axl did this? Firstly,  HTGTH would go around in cartwheels trying to defend this, blatant stinker? I can just here the defense now: ''Some fans enjoyed it'', ''the media have an anti-Axl agenda'', ''it sold poorly because the music industry has crashed''.

A bubble.

Yawn- now you are bitching about imaginary and concocted scenarios?  How boring  drool

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #522 on: October 17, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

It is like a bubble here. It is not a real reflection on what real GN'R fans think. A bubble.

It absolutely is.  Several bubbles.  A bubble from the real world, and even a bubble amongst GNR fans.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #523 on: October 17, 2014, 09:52:20 AM »

I honestly think Axl views Frank, Ron and maybe even DJ in the way he viewed Gilby... he likes playing with them but no interest in writing new songs with them..I only say this based on the info that they never have worked on anything new...

You have to work pretty hard and use some real shaky reasoning and selective conclusions to NOT think that.

If given a truth serum he would want Robin and Bucket back to finish the rest of the songs... I use the term finish loosely...because who knows waht is finished and for how long it's been.

I've seen it suggest on other boards that the 2002ish line-up was Axl's real "vision" for the future of GNR.

And since those guys left, Axl has lost any sort of fire to create and do new stuff, and is now just content to tour wherever he can with the current band backing him.

There could be some validity there.  Unless there is some other reason he brings in all these new people and tells them they won't be writing or contributing anything.

I have no clue what to the post about not knowing the real story behind Buckets departure is about...........but it seems pretty clear to me what it was about... his manager publicly stated the reason...

I wouldn't waste a lot of time because I doubt its anything real world.

We already have Bucket's reasons, and then Axl's spin on the situation.  There is no third take.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #524 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:41 AM »

On the other hand, I can also assume that Axl had a lot of legitimate reasons for things taking a long time. There were a lot of lawsuits distracting his time. Based on the interviews and articles in recent years, I think Axl are quite open for Buckethead to return while the guitar man himself hasn't said a word. I don't think Bucket has anything against Axl as a person, but might be stand-offish to the idea of going a couple of years without releasing any creative output.

I was shocked when Axl joked he's share his Dr. Pepper with Bucket.  Usually, once you get on Axl's enemies list, you don't get off it.

Not really, as far as former band members go, everyone has gotten off the enemies list except for Slash.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #525 on: October 17, 2014, 09:53:44 AM »

Bucket obviously left under bad circumstances though.  The dude has a myriad of projects he's done, or has done, but only one he doesn't want to talk about or even allow discussion of on his site.  Does that suggest it was all rosy?  Not one bit.

I think that at the time he left there were no hard feelings towards Axl. The distaste for even talking about his time in GN'R probably came after the press release from Axl.

Axl has later said that he based his views on what info Merck fed him about the situation. Being a manager for Axl, not being able to keep one of the greatest guitar players I suspect Merck might have twisted the truth a bit to paint himself in a better light.

It's all a big mess and would be hard to repair I think.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #526 on: October 17, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »

Merck did sort of seem like a disaster.

mortismurphy
« Reply #527 on: October 17, 2014, 09:58:24 AM »

I mean what if Axl did release albums regular? Let us just explore this point. Presumably, if Axl released albums at a regular ratio (say, every 3-4 years) he would release a stinker at some point (as it happens I do not think GN'R have had a turd in their discography unless you include TSI). It happens to all bands, The Stones (take your pick), Metallica (St Anger), Queen (Hot Space), Beatles (Let it Be) - every band, no matter how great, releases a stinker, eventually. It is nothing to threat about, ''a bad day at the office call it''. Laugh at it later. Even Hetfield has joked about St Anger. It happens! Yet, what if Axl did this? Firstly,  HTGTH would go around in cartwheels trying to defend this, blatant stinker? I can just here the defense now: ''Some fans enjoyed it'', ''the media have an anti-Axl agenda'', ''it sold poorly because the music industry has crashed''.

A bubble.

Yawn- now you are bitching about imaginary and concocted scenarios?  How boring  drool

It is merely a hypothetical thought I am throwing out there. You obviously have the time to criticise people who criticise new gnr on an internet forum, so presumably, your life cannot be that exiting to render such a hypothetical thought, 'boring'.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #528 on: October 17, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »

Yes but being the manager of the GNR brand is like being President of the US...nobody will ever get a high approval rating...not a fault of their own either.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #529 on: October 17, 2014, 10:03:39 AM »

Yes but being the manager of the GNR brand is like being President of the US...nobody will ever get a high approval rating...not a fault of their own either.

Axl is probably no picnic to deal with.

But I can't say I blame Axl for not being happy with Merck's dopey statements like "13 Tuesdays left" or "it might just show up in the store." 

No competent manager says such a  thing.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #530 on: October 17, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »

Funny how dedicated loyal fans who actually buy the music and attend shows get labeled with a somewhat ridiculing label.

When everybody else is concerned about acting cool and trendy, turning their coats, these fans stick around.

All credit to them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #531 on: October 17, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »

Then you have to consider if the concert goer is considering buying the new album. Will (s)he?

Will they actually go find the cd in a store? Buy it digitally? Order it online?
Maybe if you sell the album at the shows... I've seen a lot of smaller bands do this.

Or maybe if you include a download in the ticket price..

/jarmo

Because Guns is a band under a major label, I don't think they can sell albums at shows.  My understanding is that major labels require sales through specific distribution outlets and I don't think concert venues qualify.  Could be wrong on that, not 100% sure.

Download with ticket purchase is a nice idea, don't think I've ever seen that.  

Spirit noted that the band has 30 million followers on FB.  Christ, I had no idea it was that high.  I'm no marketing guru, but if the band can introduce a fraction of that number to new music through that platform, I cannot imagine it would not have a positive effect on concert attendance.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #532 on: October 17, 2014, 10:16:12 AM »

Spirit noted that the band has 30 million followers on FB.  Christ, I had no idea it was that high.  I'm no marketing guru, but if the band can introduce a fraction of that number to new music through that platform, I cannot imagine it would not have a positive effect on concert attendance.  

True, but don't give away the store like the did with that MySpace debacle in 2008.

They cost themselves a ton of sales.  If you were already going to buy it, great.  But let's face it, there were a bunch of folks that might have had their doubts going in but still bought it because it was still Axl Rose.

But you give them a free listen, no need to buy it and find out.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #533 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »

True, but don't give away the store like the did with that MySpace debacle in 2008.

They cost themselves a ton of sales.  If you were already going to buy it, great.  But let's face it, there were a bunch of folks that might have had their doubts going in but still bought it because it was still Axl Rose.

But you give them a free listen, no need to buy it and find out.

Don't remember the MySpace debacle, what was that?
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #534 on: October 17, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »

It was hardly a debacle.

GNR broke the MySpace streaming record and garnered positive headlines: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/41217
mortismurphy
« Reply #535 on: October 17, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

Was there posts deleted here? I refuse to believe my reference to a bona fide comment Beta herself made is deemed, pliable to deletion. This forum is really something else!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #536 on: October 17, 2014, 10:35:30 AM »

Was there posts deleted here? I refuse to believe my reference to a bona fide comment Beta herself made is deemed, pliable to deletion. This forum is really something else!

Oh, you get used to it.

Truthfully, this place is not nearly as bad as its rep at the other sites, but you do have to put up with some state run media type practices.

Its the trade off for having a place you can talk about the current band in any real way.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #537 on: October 17, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »

It was hardly a debacle.

GNR broke the MySpace streaming record and garnered positive headlines: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/41217

Do you think it help or hurt sales though?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #538 on: October 17, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »

Funny how dedicated loyal fans who actually buy the music and attend shows get labeled with a somewhat ridiculing label.

When everybody else is concerned about acting cool and trendy, turning their coats, these fans stick around.

All credit to them.

/jarmo

Everybody likes Axl here... some people like to play a part tho... on both sides.

I am certainly not referring to you, I would be defensive if people were critical of anything my friends did too.

And I don't know how you earn a living, but for a lot of us...show tickets, flights, babysitters, car service to get home (because nothing else is available), .. there isnt a lot of money for this kind of stuff, and yet I gurantee all the posters here spend money on these things, because one person says I didn't go this time because theres no new album...doesn't mean they are less a fan than anybody else.

So I don't think it's wise to judge how any fan allocates his extra money. if anything I would like to give more of my money to Axl if he gave me the chance.  Again we all like GNR , the ones that want more from them, are not the bad guy, and i still don't understand why people are perceived that way.

I know there are posters who begged for CD and then bashed it when they finally got it... but I can only speak for myself, and that's not me. All the guys and gals who post here consistently no matter how critical or supportive they are, are REAL fans. People should stop judging each other.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:49:07 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #539 on: October 17, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »

I know there are posters who begged for CD and then bashed it when they finally got it... but I can only speak for myself, and that's not me.

Most that bashed already had their minds made up.

But there was a also a segment that claimed some sort of surprise it didn't sound like Guns N' Roses.

Yeah...no shit it doesn't.  Why are you shocked?  Those people were strange to me.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 76 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: