Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:53:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227903 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed at Cornell Interview  (Read 205767 times)
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2006, 01:24:12 PM »

Like I said before.  madagasgar88 is a Cornell student and Dizzy was on campus.  He did interview him - if he stretched the truth of the interview, I have no idea why (more exciting?).

Why don't you just....
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »

What a Fn' soap opera. Honestly, who really cares about this interview THAT much to criticize every aspect of it. If it's true (which I think it probably is) then great. But it really just adds a bit more to the saga that has started up again since the groundhog emerged from his den. It isn't groundbreaking and isn't even overly exciting (unless, I suppose, you were actually there).

Regardless if you believe M88 or not, leave him alone. The boy is excited to have spent a weekend with Dizzy and wants to share it with us (but knows too many assholes are not concerned with his joy in the matter and just want some hard core gossip from him).

Just be happy for the boy, concentrate on what real news you do hear and keep the faith. One of these days ALL the 'rumors' will be put to rest.

Great post SINSHINE, my thoughts exactly!!? beer

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2006, 01:42:08 PM »

how can you people seriosulys ay those pictures are fake? I mean cmon. as for the interview im sure the base of it is true. the only problem i have i saying i know something you dont know part. its childish and it shouldnt have been said at all

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »

Younggunner...I said one picture looked fake and it did!

I mean look at it. I looked at the other pictures and they looked fine but that one picture looked hideous.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

I think Madagascar88 deserves credit. He has given us the most thought-out hoax in the history of HTGTH, in my opinion.

I think you deserve credit for sticking to your belief that the whole thing is fake, despite any and all evidence to the contrary.

I could understand sticking to the idea that some of it was exagerated or embellished.? But to keep insisting the whole thing is a hoax, that takes real conviction!

I have not yet concluded on the subject that the whole thing is fake but there are things about it that are. That one picture, parts of the interview, etc...

All you posters do here is try to slam each other and it will bring you nothing!
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2006, 01:48:53 PM »

By the way, that picture of Dizzy Reed with the crown on looks entirely fake. I'll have to look at the rest of the pictures and inspect for anything unusual.

you'd have to be entirely crazy to think any of the pictures are "photoshopped"... god lord, get a life if that idea even runs through your head

if u want more pictures of Dizzy wearing that king crown... Kelly (a brother's girlfriend) will be updating the website pictures section tonight as soon as she finds her digital camera->USB connector.

don't u guys have more important things to talk about?? such as the email from Dizzy I received?? god... I'm so pumped right now 'cause... it looks like Chinese Democracys is truly being staged for release.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 01:51:47 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »

I'm so pumped right now 'cause... it looks like Chinese Democracys is truly being staged for release.

I'm with you. I think we're coming to the end of the line...  beer
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2006, 02:00:48 PM »

By the way, that picture of Dizzy Reed with the crown on looks entirely fake. I'll have to look at the rest of the pictures and inspect for anything unusual.

you'd have to be entirely crazy to think any of the pictures are "photoshopped"... god lord, get a life if that idea even runs through your head

if u want more pictures of Dizzy wearing that king crown... Kelly (a brother's girlfriend) will be updating the website pictures section tonight as soon as she finds her digital camera->USB connector.

don't u guys have more important things to talk about?? such as the email from Dizzy I received?? god... I'm so pumped right now 'cause... it looks like Chinese Democracys is truly being staged for release.

You're the one that put the photos up and you know dam well that the crown picture looks fake.

And, you better not be leading us on by saying that cd is being staged for release. There will be a lot of anger if that statement is not true.

I've been coming here for 2 1/2 years now and so I have every reason in the world to be pessimistic. Just like anybody else that has been here for that long (or longer).
Origen
« Reply #368 on: January 26, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

And, you better not be leading us on by saying that cd is being staged for release. There will be a lot of anger if that statement is not true.

That just shows how pathetic the GnR community is, not just that one statement but some people are on here as if they are waiting for the holy grail. It's a album that was ment to be released by it's Summer 1998 deadline, by a band that broke up years ago.

Someof you really shouldn't be as OBSESSED as you are about this album, I'm a huge GnR fan and I support VR & NuGnR (Yes people you can like both bands) and I'm looking forward to VRs new album, and if Axls deventually comes it comes and if it doesn't then you wont have missed nothing you won't of had.

Anyway I've dragged this topic off course, Madagascar88 thanks alot for the interview and photos? peace
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 03:38:28 PM by Origen » Logged
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #369 on: January 26, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

It's a album that was ment to be released by it's Summer 1997 deadline, by a band that broke up years ago.

This is exactly WHY it is like a Holy Grail.

And the Da Vinci Code keeps coming to mind...  hihi
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2006, 02:18:40 PM »

Regardless the truth and exactness of this interview, just let me say education is needed in every aspect of life, even when you post on a gnr forum. It's been just anoying to read some people posts and their lack of education.
The less educated guy here is Madagascar88.

Though just my opionion. Kiss

i... attend an Ivy league school, intern during the summer on Wall Street, and scored near perfect on my SATs.... how about u?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #371 on: January 26, 2006, 02:20:40 PM »

Didn't I tell some of you to stop the insults?

That means, don't bother replying to the ones posted earlier.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Almost Famous
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2006, 02:37:46 PM »

Santuary (which division I have no idea) apparently has some big meeting tomorrow in NY. Seems hush-hush.

Mysteron? Can I borrow a light?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »

Santuary (which division I have no idea) apparently has some big meeting tomorrow in NY. Seems hush-hush.

And how do u know this..?  Kiss

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2006, 02:49:03 PM »

And how do u know this..?? Kiss

Because he found the holy grail...
Almost Famous
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2006, 02:50:10 PM »

The failsafe stream of information that is the Internet. God bless it!

Seriously though, just another website that many people read in hopes of catching a glimpse of what is behind the veil. I have no idea if there is anything to be read into this or if it has any relevence at all to GN'R. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone could expand on it.
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2006, 02:52:41 PM »

hey... can some people just make two posts? i need to reserve the 380th post for when I post the 3rd installment tonight... 'cause well... its at the top of the page and would look more snazzy.

wish i could just put it all in the first post like in mygnr but there's limits on # of characters here for some reason.

thank you.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 02:56:59 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »

Minkwood? Whos that?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2006, 03:00:13 PM »

all right fine... i'll do it myself....
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2006, 03:00:25 PM »

Part III (Part IV on page 24)

What was the deal with Dave Navarro joining the band following Izzy's departure?

Umm... he was supposed to play with us [concerts]... and for rehearsals... he never showed up for rehearsals. ?he agreed to... I don't know if he agreed to or not... but we set up rehearsals.. we had Madison Square Garden coming up and a bunch of other shows. ?2 nights went by and he never showed up so... we had to get somebody else so we got Gilby.

On April 1, 2005 - on April Fool's Day, a small clip of the song 'IRS' was posted on the internet. ?What was your response to the whole ordeal and what do you think happened?

I... I only know what I've heard. ?I heard something about Mike Piazza... playing it on a radio station. [shrugs] ?[I chime in and comment "Eddie Trunks Radio Station] yea... it was so bizarre... like I don't know how he would've got ahold of it. [I chime in adding that I thought Axl gave Mike the clip almost as a birthday gift] ... um.. that's possible. I don't know. ?I mean Mike seemed really cool when I met... really nice- he signed a baseball for my son...

So how did Hookers N Blow come along?

Hookers N Blow... I play at this place called the Cat Club on Thursdays. ?And I also do this thing with Happenin' Harry and the Half-tons [?] which are Sundays at the Cat Club and Wednesdays at this place called the ____. ?And a couple of the guys that sit in on those sessions approached me about doing some shows on the East coast... umm.. this guy Matt Starr and Alex Grossi- they're both from Connecticut and so I'm I say... sure let's do it. Now when they were booking some shows they wanted to call it the "Dizzy Reed band" ... I'm like 'that's so gay' and so they ask "well... what do you wanna call it then" and I'm like "I dont know... Hookers N Blow" so... it just kind of went from there. ?And its actually been very successful - very fun doing it.

What is your favorite song to cover with Hookers N Blow?

I like playing all the Guns stuff but do some really cool versions of like... "Time of the Season"... it's so much fun to play. We do some Motorhead... and uhh... god what else do we do... all the 70s stuff you know... its great cause thats what I like... Rolling Stones, Bowie, the Who.. we got some Beatles, 60s stuff too. ?You know we throw in a couple Guns N' Roses songs otherwise a lot of the clubs wouldn't let us out alive.

[Sergey the pledge asks:] I heard you guys also do some Aerosmith?

Yes... we do some Aerosmith... uhh... Mama Kin, Dream On.. and uh... I think that's it. ?I love the cover of Ziggy Stardust.

So what was your favorite Guns N' Roses show ever... whether it be with the new band or the old?

hmm.. I'm gonna have to go with the new lineup. ?The last show that we did which was Madison Square Garden was definitely my favorite show although there's so many... I mean we're talking about hundreds of shows... you know there were some great moments. ?Ronny Wood came up and played with us in... Tokyo. ?He came and played at the Tokyo Dome. ?And another time... Gilby had... and I wouldn't say its one of my favorite moments but... Gilby had broken his wristand we had some European dates coming up so we ended up asking Izzy to come fill in while Gilby's wrist healed. ?Gilby flew out to meet us in London and we were playing Milton Keynes... its this big outdoor venue they have there... and Ronny Wood was there 'cause we had seen him in Ireland too. ?It's funny cause you think of Izzy and Gilby like they're two prototypes of the rhythm guitar guy... they got the same haircut, the same vibe and everything... ?they're both great players- they're all great players... while Gilby was out, we had him play whenever he could... and Ron Wood was playing and Izzy... so we had all three of those guys were on stage together at the same time playing 'Knockin' on Heavens Door' and I was like... "o wow"... I'm like in the Ron Wood club so... that was a fun moment.

What was it like to play the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in '92?

You know... it was a pretty special event... it felt like... you could feel the energy and vibe.. and just all the people were really... like you could really it from the crowd- very caring and just we need to do something about this horrible disease. and just the fact that all those people were able to come together and play the show was kind of microcosm of what was going on... in the world at the time. ?It was pretty incredible. ?We could only play two songs... so we played two songs and flew out.

All right... this guy almost spammed me with mail 'cause he wanted you to read it so much... here... it says... from "fuck your enemy"... he says... this is his letter to you...

"Dizzy. I'd really like it if you could tell Axl how much love the fans have for him and how much we await his return. We got really happy and excited at just seeing current pictures of him.. We have waited patiently in hope of Guns N' Roses to tour again and bring out Chinese Democracy. Axl Rose and GN'R you have a huge fan-base with much love and respect and you always will. All I'm asking is for you to be aware of this and maybe give us a little information about the status of the band/album. Thank you."

o ok... umm... is that guy [in "fuck your enemy"s avatar] pointing a gun at me? [I respond: "haha yea... this is a threat by the way"]

Dizzy sees something on the computer screen which is what I'm reading these questions off of... he says: "wait... what does that say?" and moves in real close... [I read it off "Ok... so this guy asks... If the Broncos beat the Steelers this weekend they go to the Super Bowl. ?Well... I guess thats more of a statement than a question..."] ?Dizzy laughs... "umm... thanks for reminding me"

What is like sharing the keyboards nowadays with Chris Pittman?

Uhh... you know.. he adds so much to the band. ?He's a good guy to get along with. ?I've never had a problem with him of any kind. ?I'm a team player man... I'm always up for whats best for the whole raw picture. ?on tour.. you know... he just accents what we do so... I'm all for it.

You and Chris wrote the song Silkworms, is that correct?

Umm... it was passed back and forth on our computers. ?[I chime in "computers?"] yea.. you know, we do a lot of work now on computers. ?We pass it back and forth and I had a couple riffs so... yea.

Is that song [Silkworms] expected to be on the album?

No. ?It kind of went away. ?I mean we actually played it a few times live... but... I'm sure it'll up at some point.

What do you miss most from the old Guns N' Roses?

I miss being in my 20s... [I wait like I'm expecting a real answer] [Dizzy smiles:] ... that's what I miss most...

What is your opinion about the new Guns N' Roses?

"I think in a lot of ways its a better band than the old band. the best band... the lineup that we had in 2002 is the best band that I ever played with. [I chime in: "in terms of technical skill?"] skill.. and yea... the whole performance- everything."

Who is your best friend in Guns N' Roses right now? Who do you hang out with the most... see the most, etc...?

I don't really hang out with anybody. ?Umm... you know we talk from time to time on the phone... for the most part- I hang out with my kids... and the guys I actually play with on Thursdays- I see them more cause we have a weekly thing so. ?I love all the guys though- they're all really cool.

Is there a plan for G'n'R to tour again this year? ?I hear rumors you guys might be appearing at Rock in Rio this year... you know... another random rumor.

If the record comes out... I hope we tour.

What is the story behind the 2002 tour abruptly stopping- you know after the Madison Square Garden shows?

Sorry- I can't talk about that.

Are you pursuing a film career? ?Any films in the works? Any in the future?

umm.. I've been delving into a little acting, yes. i hope i do some cool things in the future- that'd be great... so... look for me in movies- yes.

What was the deal with Buckethead departing in March 2004? ?You know... right before Rock in Rio Lisbon.
[Dizzy starts to answer... I interject:] And why does he wear a bucket on his head?

That question I can't answer but the other I can just say its issues, issues, issues... that's it.

I guess this is more of a private question but is Axl in good emotional health to able to tour again?

Yes. Of course he is. Yes. ?[5 sec delay while I look for the next question on fan board] ?Why wouldn't he be?

[as I'm pulling up the next question... Dizzy interjects staring at the computer screen (we're on the mygnr questions thread I created a while back):] Guns N' Donuts! wow- I haven't seen that one.

Have you yourself ever considered leaving Guns N' Roses?

Umm... no. ?Never.

What was the last time that all the members of the band were together in the same location?

Umm... Madison Square Garden.. 2002. [Dizzy laughs]
[I chime in: "I saw a picture recently I think from 2005 of everyone in the band but Axl hanging out in what looks like a streetcorner or garage"]
Dizzy: From 2005?
Me: ummm.. not sure... it was probably taken before.
Dizzy: Yea... it must've been before.

Is the current band expected to do covers of the members former bands songs? You know... Replacements, Hookers N Blow, Nine Inch Nails...?

Hookers N Blow is a cover band so that'd be ultimately redundant.. [everyone the room laughs]
Umm.. you know.. I don't think those songs have any place in Guns N' Roses... it'd be weird so... No.

3/4 there!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 04:46:25 PM by Madagascar88 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: