Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:54:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Those that have been to the recent shows
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Those that have been to the recent shows  (Read 4127 times)
GnRNightrain
« on: June 07, 2004, 08:00:34 PM »

Have there been people outside selling tickets?  If so, how much over the ticket price are they going for.

I might try and drive up to LA tomorrow and go to Wiltern, but dont want to do it if I have to pay a lot of money or if they wont be available.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 08:05:25 PM »

Yeah, there was in Philly and Im sure everywhere else.

Prices ranged from $65 - $75, maybe higher...the closer to showtime, the cheaper theyll get Im sure.  Ive also heard about people selling them for fairly cheap.  Depending on your powers of persuasion, you might be able to talk the price down.  Good luck, the show is amazing.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 08:09:02 PM »

Yeah, there was a whole lot of tickets outside the Minneapolis show.  I had an extra ticket (my date dumped me) and I was gonna try and sell it, but I didn't even bother, there was so many scalpers out.  I talked to one of them, and they were selling them below cost.  IIRC, I think $10 was about the lowest.

Good luck, I'd recomend making the drive and taking the risk, I think you've got a pretty good shot, and if you get a ticket, it'll be well worth it.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 08:31:14 PM »

try and get some left over ones at willcall, it might work

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pviljoen
VIP

Slash is saucy.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 09:06:23 PM »

Have there been people outside selling tickets?  If so, how much over the ticket price are they going for.

I might try and drive up to LA tomorrow and go to Wiltern, but dont want to do it if I have to pay a lot of money or if they wont be available.

If you buy 5 hours in advance expect to pay all the way up to $120.... but, if you're willing to go late and miss Silvertide (which is dog's bollox anyways), then you can get em for 50 all the way down to 10...
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 09:15:13 PM »

I had an extra ticket for the Boston show that I sold outside the door.  I only said that I had one and all the people started outbidding eachother for it so I made a bundle and I only wanted my money back.

Why don't you just....
Dizzy
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 09:47:48 PM »

Booker's right about the Philly show...there were guys outside with piles of tickets in their pockets selling them for $50.  Plus people have extra tickets and they sell them for whatever they can get I guess.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 11:41:20 PM »

I went to the Toronto show and the scalpers were getting 120 - 150 for tickets. I had an extra one and sold it for $40, exactly what I paid for it. I even had scalpers try in buy my tickets off my girlfriend and I.

I hate the fact that scalpers charge so much for tickets and yet ticket master will sit back and let them purchase as many as they want.  

Best of Luck,

DH

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 02:29:15 AM »

Ticket master needs to readjust their selling system. The first day tickets go onsale only people from that state should be aloud to buy them.  I wanted Detroit tickets for the show and the concert was sold out. I ended up buying 2 off ebay for about 1/2 the cost. Which was nice but if everyone and their brother didnt buy a shitload of tickets and try selling them on ebay the shows wouldnt sell out so fast. For god's sake the guy sent me my ticket from West Virginia.  It sucks seeing people buy up all the tickets and think they can get a little profit from the fans. Its bad enough the ticketmaster service fees we have to pay. FUCK EVERYONE WHO BUYS TICKETS JUST TO MAKE MONEY. LET THE FANS ENJOY THE MUSIC

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 03:45:38 AM »

yeah just read the tickets carefully b/c since there are two shows in LA in a row you wanna make sure they give you the right date, its happens all the time
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2004, 09:42:56 PM »

I paid $25 and saw the best show of my life, or at least in the top 3. The small venue thing was just outrageous. Other people I overheard in line were saying they paid $80. Either way, as far as I am concerned it was a deal. Ebay was much more, and the problem there is that people bid but don't pay. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: