Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official GN'R fan club at gunsnroses.com  (Read 160354 times)
MNGS717
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2012, 11:12:10 PM »

No one mentioned the new stuff on the website.  It looks cool, more like a real website finally!  Photos,videos,more..

http://gunsnroses.com/

It will be great to see more things to come!  I'll consider joining the fanclub, the price is alright. 

I have found with any type of pre-sale ticketing that the tickets tend be the ones that no one wants.  It is cool to see, in recent years, and on the upcoming tour(not a huge fan) to see how Iron Maiden helps fans to get the seats through paperless ticketing.  With paperless ticketing, only those who actually pay initially for the tickets will get into the show so scalping is generally avoided.  Just a thought..

12/6/02 Philly
11/20/11 Wilkes-Barre,PA
2/23/12 Silver Spring, MD
5/13/14 Bethlehem,PA
6/26/16 Landover,Md
7/14/16 Philly
8/13/17 Hershey
FatherSmurf
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 11:15:20 PM »

Just for clarification:

The membership is on an annual basis. Though I'm not sure if it is really 30$ every year, 'cause I don't think they'll combine merchandising with the membership every year. So maybe a renewal will be on a lower rate...  ok

sorry for asking this, but im not currently checking this section as often as I used to some years ago .... who are you? How do you know its an annual membership if its not stated anywhere in the site?

This is another of the ''take it or leave it'' things. I'll take it because, if you dont pay, you cant get access to pretty much anything there. I'm sorry for the immense under 18 fanbase without a job and a credit card who will miss EVERYTHING in that site, but i'll take it.

Actually I'm nobody... AFTER you've become a member when you go on "manage account" you get this:

Subscriptions
Subscription:    General Membership
Expires:    02/15/2013

So: no inside, no magic  Wink
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:31 PM »

Just for clarification:

The membership is on an annual basis. Though I'm not sure if it is really 30$ every year, 'cause I don't think they'll combine merchandising with the membership every year. So maybe a renewal will be on a lower rate...  ok

sorry for asking this, but im not currently checking this section as often as I used to some years ago .... who are you? How do you know its an annual membership if its not stated anywhere in the site?

This is another of the ''take it or leave it'' things. I'll take it because, if you dont pay, you cant get access to pretty much anything there. I'm sorry for the immense under 18 fanbase without a job and a credit card who will miss EVERYTHING in that site, but i'll take it.

It says it'll expire after one year when you sign up.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:38:54 AM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »

If I still have my official Guns N' Roses fan club membership card from the short lived official fan club in 1994-'95 - do I get a discount on the new membership plan?

I only half joke.  I think I may be one of the few who still have this card.  It has been in my wallet since I got it. 

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:37 AM »

Great to see this happen, finally a real website and a official fan zone. Hoping this doesn't stop here, lot's of other cool stuff like this still can be done and I hope it does.

As for the pricing, it's really simple - If you like it pay for it, if not just move on. It's not like $30 is a lot of money, it's not like you're a member of 58 other fan clubs and cannot afford this one. For one thing this entry fee should keep the trolls away and keep the forum real and clean of bullshit.

Thumbs up to GN'R! ok

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2012, 03:51:46 AM »

Fantastic!!!... Grin

It seems like gunsnroses.com is starting to become more and more fan friendly, which is always a good sign.  Wink
really fantastic.but this means only one thing "Axl and guys have a big plans for future"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2012, 04:05:09 AM »

Those who object, did you have a problem with the fan club in the 1980s too?

I'm curious.

Do you object to other bands having fan clubs?

Why is it a bad idea to offer something that has been requested and something most bands offer?

Get back to me on those, mmmkay?

Instead of posting silly shit like: GNR I'm your whore! buying right now!!!

/jarmo
well Guns n Roses have very hard fans.Bon Jovi have more expensive membership and noone complaining about this.Only on Guns forums you can read "Axl have mickey mouse voice",it's so stupid.For example Jon Bon Jovi really sucked live on last tour,but bon jovi fans didn't complainig about that.Axl have 100 better voice than Jon.I watched Acdc,metallica,Pearl Jam,U2 and only one thing I can say "Axl have better and stronger voice than those singers",but some of you fuckers still talkin shit. I really like new Gnr activity.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2012, 05:10:04 AM »

Just joined. Hopefully the website will post some HQ concert footage n' perhaps some backstage stuff.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2012, 05:18:17 AM »

Guns fans are NEVER happy.

After a million years asking for a new website... people start complaining about being a member. If it's a one year membership, U$ 50.00 is like 4.15 a month !!! It's a damn burger per month!

Let's fuckin' do it !!!! After so many long years without spending a goddamn dime (no records, no singles, nothing official) are y'll going to bother because of 50 freakin' bucks?

No way!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2012, 05:36:26 AM »

This is great!

ok

My first fan club membership ever!  Cool

And I'm only 30 years old... But who gives a fuck... It's cool!  smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ereeper
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 05:48:58 AM »

I pay the dues for the 10 club for Pearl Jam every year.  Sure I get a record in the mail and don't have a record player, but just having access to the tickets is the biggest plus.

With Guns you at least get some more perks besides the tickets.  I won't be joining for about a month since I'm going to 2 shows next week and my surplus cash is spoken for the Chicago and Detroit shows, but I will be signing up here very shortly.

Toledo   1991
Detroit  1992
Detroit  1993
Chicago 2002
Detroit  2002
Detroit  2006
Detroit  2011
Chicago 2012
Detroit 2012
HOF      2012
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »

Guns fans are NEVER happy.

After a million years asking for a new website... people start complaining about being a member. If it's a one year membership, U$ 50.00 is like 4.15 a month !!! It's a damn burger per month!

Let's fuckin' do it !!!! After so many long years without spending a goddamn dime (no records, no singles, nothing official) are y'll going to bother because of 50 freakin' bucks?

No way!

All of what this guy said  hihi

Having said that, I knew that each forum would light up with complaints about the new site when it was officially launched now matter how cool it was.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

rofl  rofl  rofl

Paid membership ?

"Eat this !!! You download-mother-fuckers !!!"

Axl got us with that one....memberships can't be downloaded  rofl

I don't htink I  will be a paying member (yes, I am a cheap one too)...but GNR and Jarmo are right :

You can't expect everything to be for free and true...
becoming a premium member will result in a nice T-shirt (when will they put a pic of that on the site Jarmo?)

and it's an OPTION...nobody gets forced to pay...and I bet most whiners will complain later when they realize they missed something nice 'caus they refused to pay.

ok  beer for GNR....Good times and better to come !
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:58:46 AM by GNRVahland » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »

Yes, in a perfect world!

There'd be world peace, no poverty, no hunger etc.

/jarmo

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

That being said...I'm in for Premium. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »

Not sure why people are concerned about paying - you have a choice!  There are plenty of fan sites out there that are free.

Will look to join on payday!

WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »

Not sure why people are concerned about paying - you have a choice!  There are plenty of fan sites out there that are free.

Haha exactly... either you pay or don't.  This is not a requirement to be a fan of the band. 

I will probably hold off on this one though.  A t-shirt for me is not worth it as much as a record like the PJ club.  Plus I'd like to see a sample of the extra content made available in the section aside from the presales. 

The one thing I hope GNR doesn't do is what bands like Maroon 5 and Roger Waters are doing where they sell VIP packages that reserve the first 15-20 rows of seats at their shows.  They have made it so that if you want to be close to the band you must buy a VIP package that includes several extras which you may or may not want but must pay for anyways. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2012, 10:39:05 AM »

Let me throw my 2 cents in here...

While I should say I am shocked that people are already bitching and complaining about a fan club, unfortunately I am not surprised.  Some fans are just never fucking happy, and I'll never understand it and I try not to even argue with them about it anymore.

This fan club is a fantastic idea.  There are so many cool things you can do with it.  This fan club already pays for itself if you take into account the merchandise you are getting when you sign up, never mind the fact that you have access to presales which in my opinion are priceless.

I have been a member of the Metallica Fan Club for years now, and its 50- 60 bucks a year and has literally paid for itself several times over.  I was in the front row at Yankee Stadium for the Big 4 show, how did that happen?  The fan club got me access to those seats.  I always have the best seat at every Metallica show because they give you a personalized password that is good for 4 tickets so the scalpers can't steal them all.  I could go on and on about the advantages of a fan club.  If this GNR club is half as good as the Metallica one it will be totally worth the money, and from the looks of it it will be.  GNR already gives you more merch at the sign up than Metallica does, so its off to a great start.

Also fan clubs are always changing, who knows what they will add as time goes on.  This is amazing news!!

In the past few years, GNR has released an amazing album, toured regularly, streamed shows for fans from all over the world to see and now started what looks like a kick ass fan club.  If you still aren't happy I have no idea what to tell you.
mr. moustache
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »

So the difference between regular and premium is $20 and a t shirt?

I guess that's fair. Still, I'm not going to sign up to a paid forum when most GNR forums already don't have much traffic I can't imagine a paid one would be much better.

Jarmo, why does it offend you personally so much some people are against this? Why can't people have a different opinion without you jumping on every single post you disagree with? It gives off the vibe somewhere inside you think this is cheesy or bad as well so you have to defend extra hard to validate it to the others (as well as yourself).

Due to declining attendance at concerts and GNR having to maintain their lifestyle this club is certainly strictly for some extra cash. They didn't care to do things like the meet and greets (with members who aren't Axl) and paid online forums when concerts were selling out and the band was still hyped. Last ditch effort.

The positives? Some people will gladly pay this for a dollar store bandana, a t shirt, and a low traffic forum to support the band. Good they get to do that. Another positive is maybe all these things they're doing for extra cash is to fund another album?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »

Due to declining attendance at concerts and GNR having to maintain their lifestyle this club is certainly strictly for some extra cash. They didn't care to do things like the meet and greets (with members who aren't Axl) and paid online forums when concerts were selling out and the band was still hyped. Last ditch effort.

Wow, good point about how they didn't use to do paid online forums when the band was huge back in 92.  Maybe thats because the world wide web was barely in its infancy then!!!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »

not doing it for now
because i dont feel like paying for being a ''proper'' gnr fan but if some cool shit like live footage comes up then thats totally worth it

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »