Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  September 4, Musikfestwochen Winterthur, Switzerland
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 4, Musikfestwochen Winterthur, Switzerland  (Read 2913 times)
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« on: September 05, 2004, 04:59:57 AM »

So I went to see VR yesterday.  They were scheduled to play 10:15 pm till midnight. After they were half an hour overdue, some bloke went on stage and said that "the band was late" (we could have told), and that they would be on in 10 Minutes. Well after another 20 min or so they finally took the stage.

Slash in leather/jeans, looked good (well from what you could see beneath his hair), duff tall and cool as ever, but much more healthier than in the old days. Both seemed to enjoy themselves a lot, Duff often running over to Slash n' stuff. Was really great seeing the two Smiley. They rocked (well, not the sound necessarily, just the performance). Matt was cool and smiling as ever, did a solid job on the drums. Kushner was there, played his part, seemed to accept that the crowd wasn't there because of him (never seen so many Gn'R shirts in such a tight place, yay!). Scott was IMO completely in the wrong place. He wore that police-hat thing, and not much besides pants that were so tight you wondered whether he actually could sit in 'em, and two belts from whose location (and usage?) they probably should better be called c*ckrings. "Like a deer in the headlights" is probably not the worst description of what his face looked like, besides for the clockwork-orange-style wide open eyes, he stumbled and lolled round on stage that the only thing we wondered about him was whether he would shove that megaphone up his ass still during the concert or only afterwards. He neither fit in with the rest of the band nor with the music.

Speaking of music - it was horrible. The mix was crap, but also the band (and I'm really sorry having to say that). First of all it was just loud (is it me or the worse a band plays, the louder they play?). Most of the songs were just noise. Slash rocked a little too much to actually play accurately, so most of the guitar stuff just was - noise. Duff was ok, and I can't comment on Scott because he simply was inaudible. Or didn't sing at all, I don't know. The only times you could tell those mics were actually on were when Duff shouted in the backing vocals. All in all, the music was all one big mash. I mean, I've been listening to Contraband for the past two weeks like, all the time, but I couldn't tell the songs from each other. The only ones that actually stood out from the pap were "used to love her", which Slash dedicated to the people who... (dunno, the man spoke a lil slurry, but at least proved that Scott's mic was plugged in after all), and "It's so easy". The crowd really loved those two, they were complete rockers.

So all in all, it wasn't a very good concert, IMO it wasn't even good. But now I've seen Axl (in Leeds), Duff, and Slash (yeah, and Matt), now I can die in peace...

PS: Check http://www.musikfestwochen.ch , maybe they'll put up some pics later on
PPS: Didn't get searched, so carried my cam with me. Will post pics later if they're not all wobbly (yeah, i have one of those old-fashioned cams Tongue ).

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 04:07:37 AM »

. Scott was IMO completely in the wrong place. He wore that police-hat thing, and not much besides pants that were so tight you wondered whether he actually could sit in 'em, and two belts from whose location (and usage?) they probably should better be called c*ckrings. "Like a deer in the headlights" is probably not the worst description of what his face looked like, besides for the clockwork-orange-style wide open eyes, he stumbled and lolled round on stage that the only thing we wondered about him was whether he would shove that megaphone up his ass still during the concert or only afterwards. He neither fit in with the rest of the band nor with the music.

I guess you didnt invest any time in checking out anything on STP before going to the Show, that megaphone you wanted to see shoved up his ass and the Pilot hat look is part of him, Its like Slash's long hair and top hat. Scott has had that look since being in STP. How can you say it even looks out of place. I know Axl has wore the same very tight shorts and a police hat that looks alot like Scott's pilot hat.  Scott dresses in the same tight type of outfits, people like Halford, Mercury, and Rose have worn for years, and Scott's been doing it for years.

If you go in expecting or wanting to Hear GNR (Like I believe you were thinking) then YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED. Oviously the two GnR covers made you happy and the way you talk about not being able to tell the songs apart. Come on Can you honestly not tell the difference between slither and FTP, even distored to hell I think I could tell those two apart.

It's only a matter of time before VR doesnt play ANY GnR covers. When they have a second album to tour on and after seeing how the GnR chants are pissing off Scott, its only a matter of time. I take the GnR covers as well as the STP covers as a treat, or bonus to the good VR songs.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:31:54 AM »

quick question... what was better VR or GN'F' R?
please coment on guitars and vocals and the bands performance on stage  ok

Chinese Democracy!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:38:07 AM »

Some pics...

more -> http://www.manyfaced.com/galerie-velvetrevolver.php

Setlist      :

01. Sucker Train Blues
02. Do It For The Kids
03. Headspace
04. Spectacle
05. Crackerman
06. Illegal i Song
07. Fall To Pieces
08. Big Machine
09. Set Me Free
- - - - - - - - -
10. Used To Love Her
11. Slither
12. Sex Type Thing
- - - - - - - - -
13. It's So Easy
14. Negative Creep

« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 04:49:08 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: