Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1566943 times)
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7660 on: May 04, 2020, 09:34:01 PM »

you just forget one thing : it's not involving just the band.

you forgot the management, the record company staff, the marketing service,
the legal team, the distribution network, the graphic design department, etc.

it's not just 3 guys who make everything in the basement of their aunt, it's tens
or hundreds people who needs to coordinate their work to launch the final product.

and these people are all at home at the moment. teleworking can't do everything.

Sounds like the same old excuses that only ever seem to apply to this band. Fernando said 6 months over 6 months ago so if that was indeed the plan all the details should have already been close to completion prior to Covid. other bands have released material in recent weeks so why would anything you mention apply to GNR and not other bands like The Stones.

If they (and let's face it we all know Slash and Duff wouldn't be the issue) want it released then it will/would be

IMO now is the perfect time , captive audience as mentioned.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7661 on: May 04, 2020, 10:42:05 PM »

you just forget one thing : it's not involving just the band.

you forgot the management, the record company staff, the marketing service,
the legal team, the distribution network, the graphic design department, etc.

it's not just 3 guys who make everything in the basement of their aunt, it's tens
or hundreds people who needs to coordinate their work to launch the final product.

and these people are all at home at the moment. teleworking can't do everything.

They can absolutely set all of this up remotely. Much larger companies do much more complex things remotely all the time. They aren't launching a lunar orbiter, it's an album (although NASA did fix Apollo 13 from 239,000 miles away).

At the end of the day... don't release an album. Release a live show (audio, video, or both), just take advantage of everyone having nothing better to do.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #7662 on: May 04, 2020, 11:03:08 PM »

I would think the current state of things would actually help get it out earlier. Strike while the iron is hot, you have a captive audience with absolutely nothing to do. It's not 1991 anymore, no one is going to line up outside of a physical record store to buy it. It is going to driven by downloads, streaming, and internet orders which can all still happen. They can't tour so they are able to dedicate time to it. They all have the ability to record from home if there are finishing touches needed (but as Chinese Democracy proved, just put out the early material and don't give Axl years to re work it).

Do you seriously think the record company would allow this potential blockbuster to be recorded with home studio tech? I'm sure they all have good setups at home, but they can't just record half of it in a professional studio with engineers and a producer and patch in the rest from home recordings done by themselves. The result would be a joke.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7663 on: May 04, 2020, 11:33:55 PM »

I would think the current state of things would actually help get it out earlier. Strike while the iron is hot, you have a captive audience with absolutely nothing to do. It's not 1991 anymore, no one is going to line up outside of a physical record store to buy it. It is going to driven by downloads, streaming, and internet orders which can all still happen. They can't tour so they are able to dedicate time to it. They all have the ability to record from home if there are finishing touches needed (but as Chinese Democracy proved, just put out the early material and don't give Axl years to re work it).

Do you seriously think the record company would allow this potential blockbuster to be recorded with home studio tech? I'm sure they all have good setups at home, but they can't just record half of it in a professional studio with engineers and a producer and patch in the rest from home recordings done by themselves. The result would be a joke.

I think they were ready to go on a big 3 leg tour.  The band's work was done.  Who else might have work to do on it is in a professional place and doing just that.  Just my opinion.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7664 on: May 05, 2020, 06:54:42 AM »

I'm sorry if anyone thinks this global pandemic doesn't really affect the way artists release music. It does.

A tiny detail like stores not being open. I know most fans don't buy records in stores. But still.

On top of that the mentioned fact that most people can't be at their work. Which would include people from the record company to the people who make the physical albums. And then getting the album out to be sold either online stores or physical stores.

Hell, you can't even send a letter to some countries at the moment.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7665 on: May 05, 2020, 06:55:18 AM »

Sounds like the same old excuses that only ever seem to apply to this band.

it's not "excuses", it's industry.
GNR is not this little band who put flyers on the walls by themselves anymore.
we're in 2020.

Fernando said 6 months over 6 months ago so if that was indeed the plan all the details should have already been close to completion prior to Covid.

and who said that wasn't the case?

Covid put the entire World on stop. surprise, even hard rock bands.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #7666 on: May 05, 2020, 06:58:36 AM »

Much larger companies do much more complex things remotely all the time. They aren't launching a lunar orbiter, it's an album (although NASA did fix Apollo 13 from 239,000 miles away).

I'm waiting your list of NASA's accomplishments during a pandemic  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #7667 on: May 05, 2020, 08:27:51 AM »

I'm sorry if anyone thinks this global pandemic doesn't really affect the way artists release music. It does.

A tiny detail like stores not being open. I know most fans don't buy records in stores. But still.

On top of that the mentioned fact that most people can't be at their work. Which would include people from the record company to the people who make the physical albums. And then getting the album out to be sold either online stores or physical stores.

/jarmo

I don’t think it would effect a single release unless they wanted to hold it back.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7668 on: May 05, 2020, 08:31:14 AM »

/jarmo

I don’t think it would effect a single release unless they wanted to hold it back.

Exactly

If a 15 year old kid can post a youtube video of himself playing really horrible piano, I'm sure GNR can share a song or two we haven't heard

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7669 on: May 05, 2020, 10:12:04 AM »

Of course, the GN'R can do this and that...

In reality, there's currently a situation going on globally where we don't know when or how it will end. So putting out songs just for the sake of putting out songs because fans want them, might not exactly work.

I'm sure that makes no sense because, well GN'R could put out songs. But in reality there's currently no idea about when the tour will resume. So let's say you put out all these songs now because you can, but the tour doesn't start until, some time later. Then what?

Oops.

That's basically what happened with Chinese Democracy. And yet somehow you think they are eager to do that same exact thing again? Release something only to tour way after its release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7670 on: May 05, 2020, 10:59:12 AM »

False, sir

Conflating that tour with a couple of new songs for a fanbase thirsty for something new is not right

We've been round and round on this tour and the logic and intentions of it - so not wishing to go back to those dark discussions again

Just sticking to the topic at hand - yes - releasing (not sure if that's the proper term anymore actually - perhaps - "sharing" is better or even "gifting" because that's how I personally would view any new collaboration) a song or two is not something that needs to be made as complicated as you seem to be trying to make it all of the time
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7671 on: May 05, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »

I think anyone who thinks GN'R releasing new music right now is a good idea needs their head examined. I get it from the perspective that it is always nice to hear new music, outside of that though, there is no logic or sense to it whatsoever.

At the moment, albums selling a few hundred copies are charting in the UK charts because no one is buying anything, and old Greatest Hits albums are charting quite highly because people are listening to them on Alexa.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7672 on: May 05, 2020, 11:51:17 AM »

That's basically what happened with Chinese Democracy. And yet somehow you think they are eager to do that same exact thing again? Release something only to tour way after its release.

/jarmo

I'd actually say that would be quite different than Chinese Democracy. 1st... the technology related to it's release would be totally different. If I remember correctly outside of Best Buy (in the US) you basically got to listen to it on MySpace Streaming. Outside of a few audiofile snobs and record store enthusiasts most everyone is going to transact this thing on a streaming platform like Apple Music, Amazon Prime, Spotify, etc... as long as you aren't still driving a 1987 Trans AM you have the ability to get that in your car.

Not to mention there hasn't been the insane turnover that the CD Era band saw from members, management, and production/engineering.

Look at what Hollywood is doing with Digital Releases vs. Theaters... If that industry can work through the pandemic than surely a band can release an album or even a single to wet the lips of it's fans that are seeing all of their shows cancelled and being stuck in isolation.

What I'd hate is to see this year totally lost... then they get back on the road for a year or more making up concert dates, THEN get around to the new music thing. Just do everything to capitalize on this time.

At the moment, albums selling a few hundred copies are charting in the UK charts because no one is buying anything, and old Greatest Hits albums are charting quite highly because people are listening to them on Alexa.

Don't you think the music landscape suddenly looks a little different if GnR releases a single, an EP, or a full length album? Hell, just release a live compilation from the last 4 years of shows. Do something...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7673 on: May 05, 2020, 12:49:13 PM »

False, sir

Conflating that tour with a couple of new songs for a fanbase thirsty for something new is not right

We've been round and round on this tour and the logic and intentions of it - so not wishing to go back to those dark discussions again

Just sticking to the topic at hand - yes - releasing (not sure if that's the proper term anymore actually - perhaps - "sharing" is better or even "gifting" because that's how I personally would view any new collaboration) a song or two is not something that needs to be made as complicated as you seem to be trying to make it all of the time

Which part of the "new music - new tour" concept is weird to you? If that was the plan.

On this tour? I didn't see the shows being labeled Not In This Lifetime. Did you? It says 2020 Tour.

I'm sure you know how it works better than me. After all, I'm not an artist that's signed to Universal Music. Judging by your comments, and little understanding, you seem to know way more than I do since it's not complicated.

I'd actually say that would be quite different than Chinese Democracy. 1st... the technology related to it's release would be totally different. If I remember correctly outside of Best Buy (in the US) you basically got to listen to it on MySpace Streaming. Outside of a few audiofile snobs and record store enthusiasts most everyone is going to transact this thing on a streaming platform like Apple Music, Amazon Prime, Spotify, etc... as long as you aren't still driving a 1987 Trans AM you have the ability to get that in your car.

No, I meant the time between release and the first tour after it. Chinese Democracy came out in November 2008, the first shows were in December 2009. That's the thing I doubt they want to repeat.

That was my point.

Let's say they just finished an amazing new song. Maybe they could release it tomorrow. But then, if that was supposed to happen to coincide with a tour... Well, when is that tour gonna take place?

Some artists have postponed their albums, some kept their original release dates. The ones who have released albums in the last two months basically can't tour to promote said albums.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #7674 on: May 05, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »

False, sir

Which part of the "new music - new tour" concept is weird to you? If that was the plan.

On this tour? I didn't see the shows being labeled Not In This Lifetime. Did you? It says 2020 Tour.

I'm sure you know how it works better than me. After all, I'm not an artist that's signed to Universal Music. Judging by your comments, and little understanding, you seem to know way more than I do since it's not complicated.

Just disagree with you is all

Far from an expert on anything and don't claim to be

This topic is was called "next album".

Yet once again we found ourselves back on the "well, what if the tour doesn't happen" - what then of new songs theory

I don't see them related since the tours since Slash and Duff rejoined have been about anything OTHER than new music
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 03:11:29 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7675 on: May 05, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »

Ah, Ok.

But the first tour was the first with the three of them. So you don't necessarily need anything else. Just them together.

But once that has been done, what's next? My guess would be new music..... That's my point.

/jarmo

rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7676 on: May 05, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »

I think we all are just fustrated with no new music.  Unfortunately the pandemic has put a monkey wrench in new music.  I guess we will have to wait for next year before there is new music. beer

Rizzo160
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #7677 on: May 05, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »

Ah, Ok.

But the first tour was the first with the three of them. So you don't necessarily need anything else. Just them together.

But once that has been done, what's next? My guess would be new music..... That's my point.

/jarmo

But you don't need the tour to release new music, right? 
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #7678 on: May 05, 2020, 05:46:16 PM »

Some well put arguments here both for and against, but there’s one thing troubling me (and I’m not trolling). Let’s say for arguments sake that the plan for 2020 was a tour in support of a new album, then could somebody please explain to me why an album announcement wasn’t made around the same time as the tour announcement?

My view is that an album may have been on the band’s radar but was no where near completion, or at least the logistics were no where near being agreed with the label, hence why an album was not announced around the same time as the tour. Obviously Guns knew the tour would still sell in any event, but from what I’ve heard the ticket sales weren’t quite so great this time around as there was a general consensus that something new was needed. Even the tour announcement touted the tour as an all new show.

It’s really unfortunate in my opinion that the monumental issues prevalent in the release of Chinese are once again rearing their ugly head. I read a comment above about this being a non-sensical time to release an album. Respectfully, I disagree. By way of an example, The Stones have just release an amazing new single. I also read a comment about record stores being closed. I would counter that a huge proportion of sales are made digitally or online for home delivery.

Perhaps much of this is my frustration talking but I am so hungry for new Guns music as are thousands of fans around the globe. I just don’t get why it’s so complicated or difficult for Guns to release music yet other major artists have little difficulty in doing so, even during the current pandemic. Huh
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:06:49 PM by Stardust » Logged

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #7679 on: May 05, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »

You speak the truth. beer

Rizzo160
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: