Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR songs for all occassions, which songs when and why?
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR songs for all occassions, which songs when and why?  (Read 5829 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: May 14, 2004, 02:00:20 AM »

Guns N Roses are one of my all time fav bands simply cause they have a song or songs for all occassions regardless of what they may be

i want occassions and which songs are for which occassions and how they make u feel

when im in a good mood wanted to party, welcome to the jungle,nightrain,mr brownstone,paradise city,garden of eden are great ways to sustain my mood

when im angry u cant beat oh my god, fuck screaming this song just makes all the anger go away

when im sad, i love estranged of course and coma

estranged has been coined by me as a state of mind

when im ready to drive my car off a cliff thats my estranged mood

estranged is my drug, when im down and out and feel like i cant take another breath in this life, estranged sedates me and calms me down
ill actually run to it like i was running for safety or like a small child running to his mother

breakdown is another rush of adrenaline

when he goes get down wit yo bad self alrightttttt fuck wherever i am i start head bangin, i was ridin my bike listenin to that and started tryin to snake dance with my bike
 also the blues and maddy now when im depressed, axl is so great at capturing heart ache

people say estranged wouldnt be as good without slash's solos but i think a piano and axl only version would be very fuckin powerful on its own
it just grabs me

so name some occassions and songs

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kockstar99
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 02:42:52 AM »

fuck D you hit it on the head with that post!!

for me to party i love
 Nightrain, My Michelle, Anything Goes is an underrated party song,..Think about you, Your Crazy... Right Next Door to hell,Brownstone,..

When I party with GnR i try to play some of the other songs that are not as well known... coz there are some fucking rockers!

if im sad or things just are not going right.. it hasnt been my day i like songs like

So Fine, 14 Years, Oh My God, and I can always turn my day around when i hear Move to the City...The version with the horns... man i love that shit....

the G side on the Lies Album is pretty bad ass when im just sitting around Drinking by myself...

Estranged with out the guitar would be bad ass... but not as cool... Id like to hear it tried though..

If im just sitting around in my room getting dressed, cleaning my house or jamming at my computer i absolutly LOVE "The Garden" but i like the live versions without Alice Cooper.. I love Alice but when Axl sings the entire song i can hear it 1000000 times in a row and be happy...  Down on the Farm is another like that for me...

Fuck there are soo many songs that set the mood for the day, month, hour that im having... its hard to pick them all... God I love this fucking band  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 02:48:53 AM by Kockstar99 » Logged
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 11:37:35 AM »

My wife and I entered out wedding reception to the intro of Paradise City.  Even my grandparents were rocking to GnR that day!!

AFD is just a great all around album for every possible occasion.  Working out, cleaning house, driving, during sex, party music, at night, during the day, sober, intoxicated, in love, out of love, happy, angry....It matters not.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 11:58:41 AM »

i was ridin my bike listenin to that and started tryin to snake dance with my bike

Good one! Smiley

Dust N' Bones is great when you're having trouble with women for some ridiculous reasons. 14 Years is also good for those occasions.

You got Estranged covered pretty well up there.. it's good music when you have to think things through, and try to figure out where your life is going. Breakdown fits into that category, too.

I think it's quite obvious when You Ain't The First is a good listen... hihi

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 12:50:58 PM »

hell yeah kockstar i forgot about move to the city with horns, that is a jammer, u are right an instant pick me up

also dust n bones is great for that one chorus the "sometimes these women are so easy" parts, yeah i love that

also perfect crime fits into the oh my god anger pissed off mode, u sing along to that shit and it gets it all out

same with locomotive and dont damn me, if i get in an argument with someone i like, dont damn me is excellent as well

id love to hear "the garden" with just axl, i think it would be awesome with just axl and live

cant forget back off bitch, no way u can forget that

and also when im sittin around gettin dressed bout to go out i always have "pretty tied up" somewhere in that mix an even bad apples gets me goin when i feel sluggish

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cuikka
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 02:30:09 PM »

estranged-when u are feeling sad and there nobody to talk about it. just sit in the dark and let the music take care of it

Coma- when you hate your relatives, job , neighbours and u feel  that u cannot live another day.

You could be mine- you are driving fast on a sunny day alone in your car and u can sing your head off!!!

Rocket queen-the song is great to play to someone you care.expecially the end of the song, "i see you standing, standing all alone ...... )

now when i think about it, every gnr song is great. u can use them everytime, every place and every mood.  
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 05:00:46 PM »

estranged-when u are feeling sad and there nobody to talk about it. just sit in the dark and let the music take care of it

Coma- when you hate your relatives, job , neighbours and u feel  that u cannot live another day.

You could be mine- you are driving fast on a sunny day alone in your car and u can sing your head off!!!

Rocket queen-the song is great to play to someone you care.expecially the end of the song, "i see you standing, standing all alone ...... )

now when i think about it, every gnr song is great. u can use them everytime, every place and every mood.  

Excellent post!!!!!!  beer

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 05:06:36 PM »

Great topic guys...

A great song for a "pissed-off" mood is Double-Talkin' Jive!  Personally, I've actually been to the point where I was collecting bottles out of garbage cans for extra $ as a struggling student, so I can identify.

Estranged, NR, The Blues, Breakdown, and Don't Cry are romantic works of art in my opinion.  Truly beautiful.

Coma and the versatile Estranged make me think.  My imagination can run around and play for awhile!

Maddy is as close to a religious experience for me as I get to one.  

Used to Love Her, Back off Bitch, Locomotive, and YCBM are all great when your woman is hormonal...sorry ladies!

love  Great topic guys!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 05:08:08 PM »

I think November Rain is perfect for a wedding... ok

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 07:28:39 PM »

Great topic to keep things going!!!

When my grandpa died last July- I used Knockin On Heavens Door from the 2002 tour to get me through the rough time in my life.

Pissed off, Fighting,or Dont give a fuck about life: Its So Easy, Shotgun Blues, Out Ta Get Me, You're Crazy, Double Talkin Jive, Don't Damn Me, Coma, I Don't Care About You,
Oh My God.

Heartbreak: Estranged, Breakdown "when I call you outta habit I'm outta love and I gotta have it" favorite line!, The Blues, Maddy

Time to party songs: Jungle, Brownstone, Paradise, Live and Let Die (from 02 tour), Bad Apples, Dead Horse, Coma,
Yesterdays (live era version), Human Being

That is why I love this fucking band. They have a song for every moment of your life. I started listening to Guns when I was in the 2nd grade and havent stopped I'm 23 now. I can proudly say I was raised by the tunes of GNR.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 08:58:48 PM »

when me n' my mates are about to have a big night, the first song that gets cranked is SINCE I DONT HAVE YOU, everytime it gets the first play we all have a smile, to me it's a song to get drunk to and thats what we do...

2nd YCBM to get the tempo up ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2004, 05:26:58 AM »

When i feel that hate that takes me over i love to listn : Double Talkin Jive, You Could Be Mine and Off course DEAD HORSE  Wink  

WHen i feel a little mind fucked and You know a little strange and out of orbit i love to listen to "My World " i can listen that song 100 times in a row!!!  ok

Estranged is something really special , is so versatile , i listen to it when i feel a little ESTRANGED  confused

When I feel like i got something i cant never leave ,it might be women or whatever .... fuck man! i listen to BAd Obsession  beer

If the world would end today... Wink
gezm
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2004, 07:29:18 AM »

Paradice City - When its nice and hot puts me in a right good mood like now!!!  ok beer
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

PARADISE CITY when i'm off the shower, getting dress and ready to go out.
i think that dancing while choosing clothes and putting them is defintly what makes me late all the time....

ESTRANGED while working/drawing on the computer

LOCOMOTIVE is MY ABSOLUTE sing along in the car. everyday i drive to school, i have a cd with locomotive and i'm singin insane in the traffic on the highway !!
soooo good.

November rain (live) is a damn good sing along in the car too.
i thougth about that song for my future weeding, but as my g/f said, it's tacky, rock n roll for a wedding..... uh .....  Grin

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2004, 08:56:45 AM »

Hey DEADHORSE i love My World, hardly anyone likes it at all. I remember in grade 1 screaming in class...YOU WANNA STEP IN TA MY WORLD....etc...and that was back in 91',it's a cool song

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 01:35:41 PM »

SCOM FOR MY WEDDING!!!!!!!!
Woahhhhhhhhhhhh woah woahhhhhhh SCOM!!!!!
 Cry Its sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!
Ok I'll calm!

Paradise City- Fuckin' brilliant song- mood for partying, perfect for when ya drunk, to lighten ya mood, blasting it whilst speeding in ya van,  or just to have a crazy fit in ya bed room!

Locomotive is a hard one! Love the ending- it's beautiful!
When out of love maybe! I haven't yet discovered my feelings whilst playing it- i just get so into the music!

Breakdown- Therapy!! Definately!

Nigthrain- what a corker, like PC really!

Rocket Queen, Pretty Tied Up- when ya feelin' sexay!

SCOM, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dead Horse- When you're in a GUNNER mood! When you want to just shout to the whole world why you love these fine men- Axl, Izzy, Slash, Steven, Dizzy, Matt, Gilby N' DUFF!!!!!!

SCOM- WHENEVER! It makes me cry!! Its sooooooooo good! and for me wedding!!!!!

November Rain- WOW!!!!! Again- when I wanna scream how much I love GNR- Everyday! When I wanna hear a Great song, with beautiful solo's etc.!
In love, when Depressed etc. It's sooooo beautiful!

Coma- depressed when you wanna just leave everything, exactly what the song lyrics say really!

Civil War- well it's Civil war ain't it!!! Perfect lyrics- great gitR!

YCBM- When ya just wanna rock!!

Garden Of Eden- when ya feel like ya on drugs!
Total hyped up, when ya drunk really! Happy mood- funny song!

So Fine- when you pretend DUFF is singing it to you!  love  love  love  love  love  love

Estranged- when sad, lonely, depressed, when ya happy- as Axl says- a walk in the park!

Get in the ring, Shotgun blues, RNDTH, Don't Damn Me- when ya wanna get ya point across to someone!

Dont Cry- it's helped me a lot!!!!! Love it- defiantely whenn ya depressed!  beer
TSI- When ya in a punk mood!! It rocks! Great version of "New Rose!"

Live Era- when you think you can sing better than Axl (well, on some parts!)

Double Talkin' Jive, Back Off Bitch- Tell 'em all to get lost!

THEY ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 04:22:38 PM »

I think November Rain is perfect for a wedding... ok

Hell yeah! If I ever get married...

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 08:03:35 AM »

I can't believe i missed out WTTJ!!!!!!!  Shocked

A hard rockin' song!!!!!!

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 08:26:46 AM »

When i'm in the mood to party/have fun nothing beats WTTJ, Nightrain, Paradise City, Sweet Child and Out ta get me.

When i'm feeling down n stuff, Estranged, Breakdown, Locomotive and Coma.

When i'm feeling really emotional and i need time to think, Rocket Queen(especially the end), November Rain, Patience, Dead Horse.

I got 5 mixed cd's at the ready depending on which mood i'm in hihi

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2004, 10:50:35 AM »

Paradise City - Gets me in a good mood. Gets me up and going. A happy, feel good song.

Shotgun Blues - When I'm agitated or in a pissy mood.

Estranged - When I'm "feeling sorry for myself" or in a "at loss" mood. But it's an encouraging song too.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 12:27:57 AM »

Your Crazy...

It's "You're Crazy"

Not, "Your Crazy." It's not possesive.
kujo722
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 12:33:48 AM »

Nuthin lyke haven your furst powst bee a complaynt abowt somebuddies grammor!

That should keep you busy for awhile
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 01:06:46 PM »

Theres nothing quite like getting ready for a big night out with a six pack and listening to APPETITE from start to finish.

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: