Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Roots of GNR be released in Europe??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Roots of GNR be released in Europe??  (Read 3234 times)
DemocracyRose
« on: May 14, 2004, 07:01:18 AM »

Will Roots of GNR be released in Europe???

I have checked some record-stores in Denmark, and they dont know anything about this record.... no

Can anybody tell me?? Smiley
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 07:16:51 AM »

It's listed as an import on Amazon.co.uk, so who knows.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 07:23:34 AM »

I have just checked Amazon.com

Check out the date.... nervous   confused

Roots of Guns N Roses
Hollywood Rose

Availability: This item will be released on June 22, 2004. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Evolution
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 08:40:39 PM »

great ! i cant wait to get my hands on that Smiley
kockstar99
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 08:42:23 PM »

great ! i cant wait to get my hands on that Smiley

fuck yeah me too....
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 08:26:47 AM »

I'm not sure if this was posted already, since its an apr 29 article, it mentions also about GH going platinum. www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/gnr_demo_cd.html

here is the link, I'll just copy it over.  According to Navarre.com and Amazon.com, Cleopatra Records has set a June 1 release date for "The Roots Of Guns N' Roses", a collection of the very first demos recorded by Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin before they became Guns N' Roses.

The album features five demo recordings that haven?t been heard in decades, plus new remixes by former GN'R member Gilby Clarke. These rare tracks showcase the raw talent of Axl and Izzy that was just beginning to blossom into GN'R.

The story of Guns N' Roses began when L.A. Guns founder Tracii Guns introduced guitarist Chris Weber to Izzy Stradlin in the parking lot of the Rainbow Bar And Grill. After jamming together at Izzy's place, the two decided to form a band and recruited a vocalist, Bill Bailey, better known to most as Axl Rose. Together, they drew inspiration from the diverse musical scene emerging in Hollywood and, with the help of drummer Johnny Kreis, recorded a demo under the name Hollywood Rose.

For years these demos have remained in the vault, never appearing on CD. Now, Cleopatra Records is bringing these raw recordings to the masses. As a special bonus, Gilby Clarke took these recordings back to the studio and polished up the rough edges.

"The Roots Of Guns N' Roses" (view cover here) track listing:

Original Demo Versions:

01. Killing Time
02. Anything Goes
03. Rocker
04. Shadow Of Your Love
05. Wreckless Life

Newly Remixed By Gilby Clarke:

06. Killing Time
07. Anything Goes
08. Rocker
09. Shadow Of Your Love (feat. Tracii Guns - overdub guitar)
10. Wreckless Life (feat. Tracii Guns - overdub guitar)

Newly Remixed By Fred Coury:

11. Killing Time
12. Anything Goes
13. Rocker
14. Shadow Of Your Love
15. Wreckless Life

More Guns N Roses News  

05/03/2004 - GN'R: VH1 Documentary ?
04/28/2004 - Guns N' Roses "Greatest Hits" Goes Platinum ?
04/20/2004 - GN'R Top UK Charts ?
03/30/2004 - Axl Cancels Rock In Rio Show, Blames Buckethead ?
03/22/2004 - GN'R Hits A Hit ?

love
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 09:08:27 AM »

Wow! Thanks. Too bad it's only five songs. There are some more early demos around from that era. Live like a suicide and afd. Hope it someday appear.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
lastroots
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 10:06:29 AM »

Just checked Amazon. The release date has been pushed back to June 22.

/lastroots
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 10:22:41 AM »

Hey guys i'm a little confused. I read an article in the HTGTH section, right before the UYI albums came out the article said on the records we'd get Don't Cry as an orginal and and with different lyrics(that must mean the one on UYI2) and a demo version of it from years back.

So technically if they made a demo of Don't Cry shouldn't it be on the "The Roots Of Guns N' Roses"?

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 10:55:49 AM »

Hey guys i'm a little confused. I read an article in the HTGTH section, right before the UYI albums came out the article said on the records we'd get Don't Cry as an orginal and and with different lyrics(that must mean the one on UYI2) and a demo version of it from years back.

So technically if they made a demo of Don't Cry shouldn't it be on the "The Roots Of Guns N' Roses"?

Wasn't Don't Cry written when GN'R had already started?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 11:03:20 AM »

Technically no, because the CD is supposed to be about Hollywood Rose demos.
Izzy and Axl wrote Don't Cry later on, around the time Guns N' Roses began to record demos. You can find that demo on the maxi CD single of "Don't Cry" though. I bought it for a few bucks a few years ago.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 11:05:17 AM by Will » Logged

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 11:09:43 AM »

Wasn't Don't Cry written when GN'R had already started?

/jarmo

I thought Izzy and Axl wrote it before GN'R got togethor, cos it was about a girl Izzy went out with then Axl did or something, i'm pretty sure they wrote it and made a demo before GNR was formed though i could be wrong

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 11:14:14 AM »

Technically no, because the CD is supposed to be about Hollywood Rose demos.
Izzy and Axl wrote Don't Cry later on, around the time Guns N' Roses began to record demos. You can find that demo on the maxi CD single of "Don't Cry" though. I bought it for a few bucks a few years ago.

Thanks for clearing that up for me WILL Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: