Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 07:36:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227948 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Pick up the phone,Slash!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pick up the phone,Slash!!!  (Read 4896 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« on: May 15, 2004, 04:01:19 PM »

First,I want to say that I'm a huge fan of the new GNR line-up and I don't think an old GNR reunion is likely ever to happen.

But I keep seeing posts saying that Axl should forget his ego,pick up the phone and call Slash. Well,after seeing the Slither video last night,I think it's the other way around: Slash is the one that desperately needs Axl Rose.
The song's instrumental part sounds good,Slash,Duff and even Matt all look incredibly cool,but that pathetic excuse of a singer and songwriter fucks it all up.

And don't give me that bullshit:"You haven't heard the album!" Fuck the album,the first single of a new band should be a masterpiece,if that band is gonna survive,especially this band,with such pressure on them to be great.

Axl's band,on the other hand, IS Guns N' Roses.

VR's great quality is they're open to the press and the fans,and GNR isn't. But that could also mean that VR is making music to please the press and the fans,and Axl's doing whatever the fuck he wants,and that's probably the best way to make your music stand the test of time:not being influenced by any trends.

Chinese Democracy starts...soon,I hope!!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 04:04:06 PM »

Axl's band,on the other hand, IS Guns N' Roses

euhhh...no.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 04:13:02 PM »

Just my two cents:
personally I could give a flying crap about a video. It's being there and feeling the live performance that gets it for me (personally)...

As far as "lead singers and fuck ups" go, with regard to VR and GNR...it's a draw  hihi
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 05:29:46 PM »

I like new GNR tons, I like Axl tons (though I am positive he is insane). But I also like Weiland tons. To call him a pathetic excuse for a frontman is just like saying "Wow, I hate originality."

STP was and always will be one of my favorite bands (actually about equal with GNR for me - so VR is like a dream come true for myself), and if VR's record continues on the path I expect it to, I will like them just as much as I do STP and GNR. And while I eagerly wait for CD, I will enjoy the hell out of VR. They have rocked so far and I qute expect them to continue to.

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 06:58:45 PM »

Slash is the one that desperately needs Axl Rose.

Why? He?s starting a new band, with a new CD to be released... Just because you don?t like Scott he "desperately needs Axl Rose"?

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 07:26:54 PM »

I guess this is like another Axl v/s Scott thng.. Roll Eyes
Why are some people never happy.....STP were cool and Scot has an awesome voice and is very versatile with his voice.....he may have been a bit messed up from the drugs thing but Axls been unstable as well to say the least....and i think they BOTH write from the heart...I think hearing the Whole CD will win most fans over....... peace
Also maybe slashs solo stuff isent as great as a whole as guns but some of his solo songs are and kick ass......I really love axls music and hope he can get his shit together but i hate people who shitcan the other members for moving on without him....at least Slash and co are putting cool music out and actually having a blast.....I wish em lots of success... Grin
Just my OP.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 10:58:21 PM »

i dont know if this post deserves a reply but if it does,all i can say is...Axl Rose is an undeniable legend of rock n roll,a great talent and a mysterious soul at least. At the moment Scott weiland has his own hype,Im looking forward to see what the man can do and i like what i see so far.. All I can say to Guns fans and STP fans alike is life goes on,enjoy the music peace

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 12:00:47 AM »

Last time I checked Axl needs Slash cause since slash left axl has only released one song. Since he left slash has released 2 albums, plus another 1 next month, and his current band has had 2 tracks on major movies and a billboard top 5 track.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 01:38:36 AM »

Slash is the one that desperately needs Axl Rose.

Why? He?s starting a new band, with a new CD to be released... Just because you don?t like Scott he "desperately needs Axl Rose"?

Last time I checked Axl needs Slash cause since slash left axl has only released one song. Since he left slash has released 2 albums, plus another 1 next month, and his current band has had 2 tracks on major movies and a billboard top 5 track.

Took the words right out of my mouth
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 01:55:14 AM »

And don't give me that bullshit:"You haven't heard the album!" Fuck the album,the first single of a new band should be a masterpiece,if that band is gonna survive,especially this band,with such pressure on them to be great.

I've been hearing quite a few people say this and this is actually a common misconception. I was having a conversation with someone in the music industry who works closely with a band I enjoy on this subject. Most fans of this band, including myself, felt that the band's first single for their new album wasn't the best choice. I asked this person why the band didn't choose a better song for the first single. The reasoning was that you choose a song that is solid but not one of the best just to get your foot in the door. You then follow up with your best songs so hopefully the album's success continues to grow. If your start off with your best, it's likely to debut high, but it will hit its peak early and tumble off the charts quicker.
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 02:04:53 AM »

I've been hearing quite a few people say this and this is actually a common misconception. I was having a conversation with someone in the music industry who works closely with a band I enjoy on this subject. Most fans of this band, including myself, felt that the band's first single for their new album wasn't the best choice. I asked this person why the band didn't choose a better song for the first single. The reasoning was that you choose a song that is solid but not one of the best just to get your foot in the door. You then follow up with your best songs so hopefully the album's success continues to grow. If your start off with your best, it's likely to debut high, but it will hit its peak early and tumble off the charts quicker.

Yep thats usually how they do it. You see it in every album it seems. Example for UYI, GNR released You Could Be Mine, & while I love that song, it didnt do as well on the charts as hoped. Then the next single (which was released closer to the release date) was Don't Cry, then they moved onto November Rain, which was the most successful & loved song from either UYI & was probably GNR's biggest hit, if not, one of them anyway

You just wet there appetite & then blow them away that the 2nd single is even better than the 1st.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 02:14:12 AM »

Yeah, very interesting...

I have already tought about it a few days  ago... it?s like, it?s logical GN?R will release a single or two before CD comes out, so they must have at least 3 fuckin? great songs to release (like SCOM, PC ad WTTJ); and we have already some songs that I like a lot (please, not to start old discussion again  crying)

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 02:56:49 AM »

Geezus there's nothing wrong with scott weiland, it's only his drug problems that ppl bitch about. Fuckin axl was arrested weekly n shit like that. Lay off scott n shutup and enjoy the album when it's out.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
speed_stone
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 12:24:29 PM »

slither wasn't all that. it just proves that axl rose is needed to make a song sound like guns n' roses, as i have always believed.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 01:15:53 PM »

Chinese Democracy starts...soon,I hope!!!

hihi rofl

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 04:26:15 PM »

By most standards, Weiland is a decent frontman, But this is ex GNR members we're talkin here!!! How can you say he is as good as Axl?Huh His grungy voice and lirycs are simply not Rock N' Roll!! I never thought I'd say this, but Sebastian Bach would have been a better choice!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2004, 01:03:58 AM »

Axl's band,on the other hand, IS Guns N' Roses.

No bro,allow me to remind you,this is GUNS AND ROSES.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: