Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:19:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227843 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  chinese democracy tracklist
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: chinese democracy tracklist  (Read 5168 times)
jameslofton28
« on: May 17, 2004, 07:52:32 AM »

Has anyone wondered why Axl hasn't leaked the tracklist to the media yet? Months before Illusions came out,the entire tracklist was in every magazine you could find. If Axl has a full album's worth of material, why did he perform the same few songs on the last tour? I have a feeling that if the album is ever released, it will be a 5 or 6 song EP thrown together at the last minute (kinda like GNR Lies), instead of a brilliant masterpiece (like Illusions). If Axl truly wants to get GNR back on top, he should bring Izzy back and the fans would get the album we've been waiting for! Anyone Agree?
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 08:46:51 AM »

The reason why Axl hasn?t made a track list yet is probably that he doesn?t know which songs to put on Chinese Democracy which further leads to the conclusion that he still hasn?t finished the songs - either because of outside problems but most likely because he just isn?t satisfied with the results so far. As I have written before I honestly don?t believe we will see the songs highly quality produced - (but in bootlegs maybe) - before the year of 2010.  Axl is 48 at that time.

To bring Izzy back to the GNR-fold wouldn?t make any difference concerning the cd since Izzy never had the last word in the band. I doubt that Izzy would ever go back to the Guns because Axl hasn?t changed much since the break in 1991. The true scoop would be to get Slash back but one must ask for a miracle for that to happen.  
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 09:40:16 AM »

You think after more than 10 years axl's just gonna slap a short EP? I bloody well hope not hihi

And i he won't say the tracklisting because it's all proberly gonna be a big secret when released so people arent expecting anyhting. Thats my guess anyway ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jameslofton28
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 02:06:24 PM »

The reason why Axl hasn?t made a track list yet is probably that he doesn?t know which songs to put on Chinese Democracy which further leads to the conclusion that he still hasn?t finished the songs - either because of outside problems but most likely because he just isn?t satisfied with the results so far. As I have written before I honestly don?t believe we will see the songs highly quality produced - (but in bootlegs maybe) - before the year of 2010.  Axl is 48 at that time.

To bring Izzy back to the GNR-fold wouldn?t make any difference concerning the cd since Izzy never had the last word in the band. I doubt that Izzy would ever go back to the Guns because Axl hasn?t changed much since the break in 1991. The true scoop would be to get Slash back but one must ask for a miracle for that to happen.                              How can you say Izzy coming back wouldn't make a difference? He practically wrote most of the songs. In fact, Guns have only released one original song since Izzy's departure back in 91. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. If Slash had left the band back in 91 insead of Izzy, I guarantee there would be at least 2 more albums under GNR's belt.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 03:30:36 PM »

Well, he did give RS several possible track names. I think everyone just wants this to be a super-secret. Plus, we already know 4-5 tracks. I'd like to know the tracklist, but it's not an issue that makes me question whether the album is done or not. And to the guy who said Axl will release an LP, you sir, should dial f for failure.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 07:39:50 PM »

Has anyone wondered why Axl hasn't leaked the tracklist to the media yet? Months before Illusions came out,the entire tracklist was in every magazine you could find. If Axl has a full album's worth of material, why did he perform the same few songs on the last tour? I have a feeling that if the album is ever released, it will be a 5 or 6 song EP thrown together at the last minute (kinda like GNR Lies), instead of a brilliant masterpiece (like Illusions). If Axl truly wants to get GNR back on top, he should bring Izzy back and the fans would get the album we've been waiting for! Anyone Agree?

I can think of 13 million reasons why Chinese Democracy will be a whole lot more than a 5 or 6 song EP. $13 million goes above and beyond what it would take to (normally) produce four albums. The record company wouldn't be investing that much money into the project unless they'd been presented with some of the material that's been completed. This is as good of a reason as any to believe the "big guns" do exist. The tracklist probably hasn't been released because they have not decided on an order, not because they don't have enough tracks. Ridiculous theory altogether.
Surge
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 07:54:02 PM »

Well, he did give RS several possible track names. I think everyone just wants this to be a super-secret. Plus, we already know 4-5 tracks. I'd like to know the tracklist, but it's not an issue that makes me question whether the album is done or not. And to the guy who said Axl will release an LP, you sir, should dial f for failure.

He didn't just give them the titles... he actually played it to them and it was several tracks. Never thought about telling that to people who claim there's not more tracks than the 6 we know.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 01:52:04 AM »

He didn't just give them the titles... he actually played it to them and it was several tracks. Never thought about telling that to people who claim there's not more tracks than the 6 we know.

Yes, however they were all instrumentals I believe. I don't think anyone has heard a gn'r completed track outside of the band and the record company except the ones played live. But now I believe axl has a finished album in everyone's eyes but his own. but here is the list from this site of all of the rumored titles so far. By now I doubt hardly any of them still have the same name.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/newalbum.htm

« Last Edit: May 18, 2004, 01:59:00 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 02:00:04 PM »

Yeahhh..  I bet Axl will just slap together a shitty low quality EP too.   10 years and a boat load of money later... thats what I expect.    Better yet...  maybe hes just been takeN shits in jewel cases for the last 10 years and plans on releasing those.   drool
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 02:26:44 PM »

Better yet...  maybe hes just been takeN shits in jewel cases for the last 10 years and plans on releasing those.   drool

With an autograph !  Grin

SlashFan
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 11:11:38 PM »

Maybe the songs that GN'R played live won't even be on the album if and when it comes out,we never know what Axl plans on doing,whatever he does we will all buy it anyways,don't lie to yourself,you will buy it no matter what ok
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 01:31:39 AM »

Maybe the songs that GN'R played live won't even be on the album if and when it comes out,we never know what Axl plans on doing,whatever he does we will all buy it anyways,don't lie to yourself,you will buy it no matter what ok

After one performance of Chinese Democracy (I think it was London, England), Axl states directly that the new songs they played during the 2002 tour (don't know if Silk Worms and Rhiad count) will be on a bonus disk.
Rainbow Warrior
Headliner

Appetite for Rock!

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 02:44:19 AM »

How can you say Izzy coming back wouldn't make a difference? He practically wrote most of the songs. In fact, Guns have only released one original song since Izzy's departure back in 91. That's pretty pathetic if you ask me. If Slash had left the band back in 91 instead of Izzy, I guarantee there would be at least 2 more albums under GNR's belt.

Well I don?t think we will disagree on Izzy being a great song & music writer. He certainly is. What I meant was that Axl simply wouldn?t allow him to have very much influence in the band if he came back. But you?re absolutely right that if he got the permission from Axl to create new GNR-music it would be sooo great and the album would probably be released before the end of the year 2004. ok  
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 04:50:48 PM »

At the show (London Aug 02) Axl said that they're gonna do an 18 song album, and some other CD's (about 10 extra tracks as b-sides) and tour it and then when that's done, they're going to release Pt II of the CD sessions as a separate album...

Of the songs we've heard at least a few are going on CD. If I had to pick I would say, CD, MADAGASCAR, THE BLUES and RHIAD are going on CD.

Personally I suspect Axl isn't mentally up to the tour and the 'facing the world' aspect of the CD campaign and doesn't want to burst his cozy bubble.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 04:53:34 PM by markreed » Logged

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 07:05:27 PM »

After one performance of Chinese Democracy (I think it was London, England), Axl states directly that the new songs they played during the 2002 tour (don't know if Silk Worms and Rhiad count) will be on a bonus disk.

Sorry, try again. Axl said the songs they play live were songs they weren't considering for singles. As far as this extra disc stuff, he said:

Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 09:07:30 PM »

Sorry, try again. Axl said the songs they play live were songs they weren't considering for singles. As far as this extra disc stuff, he said:

Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re! We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album! So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls! And if Uncle Axl proves not to be an asshole - we'll have to see, the jury's still out."
I don't know how many times I read this quote... Well, after all this time, I guess Axl can just change his mind, but it's really unlikely that those 6 "new" songs would be singles. Why promote a top-secret album with a music that a lot of people already know?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: