Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:58:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227844 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why no singles??
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why no singles??  (Read 6571 times)
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2004, 01:59:30 PM »

See you next summer...next summer...next summer...next summer..next summer

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2004, 02:38:51 PM »

i think it has a lot to do with being in the spotlight again...

look at it from his point of view...he left the scene on top of the world. Just left. No explanation. Not a word or sighting in years. He pops up here and there. but he has the best of both worlds. hes reconized as a legendary vocalist yet he doesnt have all of those responsibilities. He has lived the past 10 yrs in peace and queit.

When they eventually go ahead with the comeback all of that will be gone. Its tough. he isnt getting younger either. Thats the only thing. i have total confidence in the material. that is the least of my worries.  

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
In a coma
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2004, 02:40:41 PM »

My only glimmer of hope is that he is waiting for all the excitment of VR to die down. Given Axl's shall we say fragile state. Why wouldhe want to to have a stand up fight with the old guns? Axl has made one thing extremly clear inthis  process and that is that he will do this on his terms only.
I believe we will get the album around August. I totally agree they should follow the u2 idea and release a single. I would not want it to be Madagascar as we have already heard it and it is now wayyyyy old.
I guess the question is is Axl ready to stand up and be counted?

Ladies and Gentleman Guns N Fucking Roses
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2004, 03:14:07 PM »

I guess the question is is Axl ready to stand up and be counted?
Gnr isnt even in the ring yet. They are laying in the weeds ready to come down that aisle. The bell rings when the album is out. Thats when they can provide the punches or take the blows. Everything up to this point...gnr have just fucked up at the press concert.

Vr will throw the first punches. Then the big boys will come out and play. And show not just vr but the whole industry what great music really is.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2004, 03:19:03 PM »

It may be a good thing that he doesn't release a single way ahead of Chinese Democracy's release. He could end up delaying the album further if the public and critics don't take to the single.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2004, 05:24:42 PM »

It's my belief that they want the entire product to be assembly-lined, in a sense. I don't think we'll see a single until all 3 albums are done and in the can, so there will be no more worries about having to record anymore, just touring. But we'll definitely see a single in the very near future...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2004, 06:04:11 PM »

But we'll definitely see a single in the very near future...

Thats almost comical, just like in 2001, 2002, 2003, and so on.....we are no closer to a single now than we were 5-6 years ago. Although if the Axl plastic surgery rumors are true, maybe he is trying to pull it together. THe better idea though would be call whoever duff/matt's trainer is because those two look better than they ever used to, and are cutt and thinned out in their early 40's as well. Axl could look just the same(And no....i don't wanna see the one shot from house of blues with him and the 6 pack because there are plenty of others that would show he was not in that type of shape when he re-appeared)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: