Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2024, 09:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227949 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead won't be touring with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead won't be touring with Guns N' Roses  (Read 12122 times)
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 12:57:06 AM »

Alexi Lahio

Live N' Let Die
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 01:05:10 AM »

honestly I doubt Bucket was just in it for the money...that could have played a part but my reasoning is that he left because there was no action. I would bet he has a strong type of personaility and when the album seemed finished he wanted things to roll. I imagine him in the studio kind of being like Axl in a way in terms of leadership. Giving orders, etc..{but not in a bad way}..just an aggressive way...

mainly though I think he just got fed up with waiting...

its funny though because if you watch RIR3 you see Axl go over to Bucket during Patience and lean on him and kind of smile when he sings"all we need is just a lil patience"...so if Bucket was impatient at Rio imagine 2 yrs later...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 01:12:53 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 01:19:07 AM »

Anyone who thinks that Bucket does not play with feeling is not familiar with the man's catalog.

all of Colma
I Love My Parents
Electric Tears

Unbelievable.

Vector, I would definitely suggest investing in "Population Override" as well if you're really impressed with the emotional qualities of his music.  I assure you, you won't be left disappointed.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 05:27:46 AM »

I just feel that having Buckethead and Robin together made the absence of Slash easier to accept. While I don't think anyone here will have a problem with the current line-up, it will be more difficult for some to accept Robin as a direct replacement for Slash on his own. Richard will chip in with the solos again as well, but Buckethead's presence will be missed live in more ways than one.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 05:38:58 AM »

hat's great,buckethead wwon't be touring with gnr!!!
I don't like him,and he don't belong  to guns n roses

And why will buckethead touring when slash will be on tour with guns n roses

I have never seen so many tree
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »

didn't bucket head leave gnr almost 2 years ago? why would people even consider the fact he might be touring with gnr?

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2006, 06:47:53 AM »

didn't bucket head leave gnr almost 2 years ago? why would people even consider the fact he might be touring with gnr?

Even though he quit the band, there was speculation that he only left because of the band's hiatus and that he would return when touring and recording resumed.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2006, 07:09:01 AM »

Its sad BH was? ?just in it for the money? ?Cry

That's why he won't rejoin the band for the tour  Huh

confused

I'm sure the others are there for artistic reasons...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2006, 07:42:40 AM »

Buckethead can sure as hell play with feeling...

on his albums: Yes
Live: No

i love the guy, but he was boring as hell on stage during the 02' tour. ya, his solos and what not were fantastic, but it just doesnt do it for me when the guy just stands around like a robot (? rofl )

did you actually go to any of the shows?

stupid question.

i saw them when they hit nationwide arena in columbus back in 02'. all the guy did was stand there, occasionally moving to another part of the stage. not to mention the countless dvd's i have which further proves my point.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2006, 07:47:05 AM »

Yeah, Buckethead doesn't move.  Remember when people thought Buckethead was Slash in disguise?  There's a huge height difference.  It was brought up that perhaps it was Slash on stilts because he didn't move.

rofl rofl rofl

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2006, 08:14:11 AM »

stupid question.

i saw them when they hit nationwide arena in columbus back in 02'. all the guy did was stand there, occasionally moving to another part of the stage. not to mention the countless dvd's i have which further proves my point.
'

That's all part of the schtick, believe it or not.

If you JUST watch bucket (and I'm not sure if the DVD's would let you do that...not sure of the camera angles as I don't have 'em), you'll see him doing the statue/robot schtick, but, when he wants to move to another part of the stage, the guy very quickly, but "sneakily", moves there.

I actually found it quite interesting to watch him.  You "underestimate his sneakiness", he sort of lulls you into complaceny, and then suddenly he pops up somewhere else.  It was almost disconcerting to watch him with GnR.  Odd, even.

But I guess that should't be too surprising considering the guy wears a KFC bucket on his head...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2006, 08:17:33 AM »

stage presence isn't that important when you have 8 guys on stage. if you're interested in seeing emotion on stage, watch fortus, or stinson, or dizzy, etc.

but i disagree, buckethead does have a great stage presence IMO. i saw the new lineup 3 times, and i found myself wathcing buckethead more than anyone.

i'm disappointed he won't be around, cause he adds a very interesting element to the band. and most importantly, he's a phenominal player. i think it's a big loss for the band. ?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »

how many years have we known BH was out of GnR and why was it necessary to start a thread about the obvious.

Let's start a thread stating Izzy, Steve, Duff and Slash won't be touring with GnR as well hihi ok
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2006, 09:58:44 AM »

"Even though he quit the band, there was speculation that he only left because of the band's hiatus and that he would return when touring and recording resumed."

Really...where did that come from... Huh
madagas
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

I'm with the Sandman! Nesquick be damned! Grin
Siliconmessiah
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2006, 10:00:05 AM »

My two cents are on Tracii Guns. We?ll see guns & roses for real this year... smoking
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2006, 10:08:05 AM »

"Even though he quit the band, there was speculation that he only left because of the band's hiatus and that he would return when touring and recording resumed."

A lot of people on this forum thought that.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2006, 10:44:48 AM »

stupid question.

'

That's all part of the schtick, believe it or not.

If you JUST watch bucket (and I'm not sure if the DVD's would let you do that...not sure of the camera angles as I don't have 'em), you'll see him doing the statue/robot schtick, but, when he wants to move to another part of the stage, the guy very quickly, but "sneakily", moves there.

I actually found it quite interesting to watch him.? You "underestimate his sneakiness", he sort of lulls you into complaceny, and then suddenly he pops up somewhere else.? It was almost disconcerting to watch him with GnR.? Odd, even.

But I guess that should't be too surprising considering the guy wears a KFC bucket on his head...

i geuss being sneeky makes it okay  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 10:48:02 AM by Axlfreek » Logged

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2006, 10:46:11 AM »

A lot of people on this forum thought that.

in the press release about him leaving, i think it was stated that he was going to use gnr's succsess with the album and tour to benefit his solo career. then leave the band after it all hit big.

Hemingway
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »

Izzy didnt move at all. Who cares?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: