Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Acoustic Show
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Acoustic Show  (Read 27000 times)
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« on: July 31, 2006, 05:46:12 AM »

I cant believe I am actually sitting in work after a weekend that dreams are made of!  I wont ramble on as others will prob have lots to say too.

The gig on saturday night at Wembley was fantastic - the sound was great, I thought the whole band were completely on fire and it sounded incredible.  I was hanging out to hear TWAT, but was really happy with the show, the covers were great, but there was still time for Rocket Queen!  There are many pages on this gig so I wont witter on - you all know about the announcements from stage that Axl made about the acoustic show - well my name wasn't called out, so I didnt think it was to be.....how wrong was I!

My friend won a ticket and thought that Axl said it was plus 1 and said that we should go with him (me and my hubbie) and we'd be fine.  So after waiting an agonising 40 mins for a cab from Wembley - we set off.  We also had in the car with us the girl who won the LA trip as well as the Acoustic show pass.  She was lovely - really nice and was completley in shock.  I really hope this trip comes off for her - I think she really deserved it.  So, we get to the club - it's tiny, I mean tiny.  There were loads of sloaney wankers leaving and when they saw us lining up, they were asking what was happening - so of course there was suddenly lots of interest from pissed up people hanging about and trying to get in.  Security were trying to usher them away - some were very resistant!

Waited in the line for about 40 mins in the end I think.  I saw Jarmo, Adz and Christos arrive (met them after the Wembley gig briefly, as well as Ignatius - nice to meet you all!) and go straight in.  It looked pretty damn hard to get in and of course I still didnt have a pass at this stage.  I wasn't going to try and blag - I honestly thought that the pass my friend had would be cool.  Seb Bach arrives, beta arrives - we were getting so excited - this was actually happening!

Then - an angel appeared and gave me a pass!  Seriously, an incredibly kind man (whose name I dont even know) had a spare pass and gave it to me.  I am so grateful to you, I dont know if you post on this board - if so, please PM me so I can thank you again.  All i know is he was Irish and a fkn legend.  So we got in (after complications with the passes - absolutely no plus 1 - had to get another pass for my husband, which happily I managed with the help of my good friend Steve (THANK YOU FOREVER).  And we were in.

I reckon there was about 80 people in there.  Very briefly met Tommy, Dizzy and Del James and then we were crushing against the stage - well, it was a step really!  I didnt see where axl appeared from (from thin air and a puff of smoke!), but suddenly he was there and it was real real REAL! 
I cannot descibe the feeling.  I never thought I would see them at somewhere as intimate as Hammersmith, let alone somewhere smaller and acoustic.  I think they started playing at 4.15am ish.  Setlist i think was (correct me here Jarmo, I am very tired!)

You're Crazy  (wow wow wow!)
Mr Brownstone
Welcome to the jungle
I Used to Love her
Nightrain
Knockin' on heavens Door
Sweet Child O' Mine
I am Sailing (Rod cover again)
IRS
Paradise City

I can't descibe Axl's mood - he was chatting, laughing, dancing, shaking hands, put on someone's straw stetson hat, someone gave him some sunglasses to put on. He was incredible.  His voice was fkn spot-on.  People were asking for requests (Civil war etc) and he was going "no, that will be denied, our survey says uh-uhh - we're not playing that!"  But he was in the best mood ever.  He was asking for a Tom Collins from the bar, something about White Russians (I think there were drinks being passed around at that point) 

I couldnt see very well (am not very tall at all) - so was being lifted up by hubbie every now and then and standing on tiptoes - until I ended up on a chair at the back with a much better view.  I took some photos - but have no idea if they will be any good at all.  Couldnt get any form of audio as had a dead phone.  I was too overawed to do anything really, apart from try and take it all in.

Sad thing was - when I went to get my hubbie inside, he was waiting (in the pouring rain) and he said that lots (well 15 or so) of people behind him in the queue had left as the security would only let in one pass per person, so girls/guys who had "won" tickets were being turned away as they wouldnt/couldnt go by themselves.  I feel that was a real shame as towards the end of the night, lots of people were let in to the club (members I presume) and they were pissed up fuckheads who didnt have a clue who was playing and were too drunk to realise what was happening.  I saw Calum Best in there for godssakes.  Maybe he's a fan - but I doubt it.  I really feel for those who didnt get in - its a real pity that all the fans didnt get in and then they could have let a few members in later - not another load of suits like they did. probably 150 people there by the end.

Aside from that - this was the single most amazing GnR experience ever for me - I thanked Robin as I left (I felt like a kid at a party).  Axl was shaking hands left right and centre - didnt want to bother him and we just slipped away at the end.    Axl did say how fucking hard the band work , they play their asses off every night, and people still moan that its not the old guns n roses - and asked us to cheer for the band - I yelled my fucking head off.

Another funny moment - during paradise city - everyone was doing their thing and axl turned to Ron and said "there's more leads than that!" (meaning lead guitar parts) and Ron laughed and improv-ed more.  So many classic moments - I cant even begin to stop and put them all together in order.  I'm knackered as we didnt get home till 8am (after a pleasant stroll around an empty covent garden waiting for FUCKING TUBES to start) - then I was back to Wembley for last night (nice to meet you, Magnus). We all know what happened last night also - Seb bach was fkn great - I thought he was a total star for stepping in - no-one else could have done it.  But the midgets in paradise city - wtf?Huh? weird and unnecessary.  I dont know whats up with Uncle Axl - but i hope he's ok.

I would like to thank a few people for such a crazy, rock n roll adventure of a weekend:  Steve (you fkn rock my friend), my Irish angel for my acoustic show pass, Jarmo (for this board, and being a nice guy), Christos and Adz and Ignatius (nice to meet you guys, thanks for saying hi back), Seb Bach for paradise city last night (and being nice in the club) - but most of all:  Axl, izzy, robin, tommy, ron, richard, dizzy, frank and chris.  peace

Hope everyone who was at Wembley/acoustic had a great time.  ok
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:57:14 AM »

Nice review  ok Wish I could have seen the acoustic gig.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 06:05:58 AM »

it would be great to see something like this, all i can do is hope for sometime in the future, but im not very lucky with things so all it will be is idle hope

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »

I cant believe I am actually sitting in work after a weekend that dreams are made of!? I wont ramble on as others will prob have lots to say too.

The gig on saturday night at Wembley was fantastic - the sound was great, I thought the whole band were completely on fire and it sounded incredible.? I was hanging out to hear TWAT, but was really happy with the show, the covers were great, but there was still time for Rocket Queen!? There are many pages on this gig so I wont witter on - you all know about the announcements from stage that Axl made about the acoustic show - well my name wasn't called out, so I didnt think it was to be.....how wrong was I!

My friend won a ticket and thought that Axl said it was plus 1 and said that we should go with him (me and my hubbie) and we'd be fine.? So after waiting an agonising 40 mins for a cab from Wembley - we set off.? We also had in the car with us the girl who won the LA trip as well as the Acoustic show pass.? She was lovely - really nice and was completley in shock.? I really hope this trip comes off for her - I think she really deserved it.? So, we get to the club - it's tiny, I mean tiny.? There were loads of sloaney wankers leaving and when they saw us lining up, they were asking what was happening - so of course there was suddenly lots of interest from pissed up people hanging about and trying to get in.? Security were trying to usher them away - some were very resistant!

Waited in the line for about 40 mins in the end I think.? I saw Jarmo, Adz and Christos arrive (met them after the Wembley gig briefly, as well as Ignatius - nice to meet you all!) and go straight in.? It looked pretty damn hard to get in and of course I still didnt have a pass at this stage.? I wasn't going to try and blag - I honestly thought that the pass my friend had would be cool.? Seb Bach arrives, beta arrives - we were getting so excited - this was actually happening!

Then - an angel appeared and gave me a pass!? Seriously, an incredibly kind man (whose name I dont even know) had a spare pass and gave it to me.? I am so grateful to you, I dont know if you post on this board - if so, please PM me so I can thank you again.? All i know is he was Irish and a fkn legend.? So we got in (after complications with the passes - absolutely no plus 1 - had to get another pass for my husband, which happily I managed with the help of my good friend Steve (THANK YOU FOREVER).? And we were in.

I reckon there was about 80 people in there.? Very briefly met Tommy, Dizzy and Del James and then we were crushing against the stage - well, it was a step really!? I didnt see where axl appeared from (from thin air and a puff of smoke!), but suddenly he was there and it was real real REAL!?
I cannot descibe the feeling.? I never thought I would see them at somewhere as intimate as Hammersmith, let alone somewhere smaller and acoustic.? I think they started playing at 4.15am ish.? Setlist i think was (correct me here Jarmo, I am very tired!)

You're Crazy? (wow wow wow!)
Mr Brownstone
Welcome to the jungle
I Used to Love her
Nightrain
Knockin' on heavens Door
Sweet Child O' Mine
I am Sailing (Rod cover again)
IRS
Paradise City

I can't descibe Axl's mood - he was chatting, laughing, dancing, shaking hands, put on someone's straw stetson hat, someone gave him some sunglasses to put on. He was incredible.? His voice was fkn spot-on.? People were asking for requests (Civil war etc) and he was going "no, that will be denied, our survey says uh-uhh - we're not playing that!"? But he was in the best mood ever.? He was asking for a Tom Collins from the bar, something about White Russians (I think there were drinks being passed around at that point)?

I couldnt see very well (am not very tall at all) - so was being lifted up by hubbie every now and then and standing on tiptoes - until I ended up on a chair at the back with a much better view.? I took some photos - but have no idea if they will be any good at all.? Couldnt get any form of audio as had a dead phone.? I was too overawed to do anything really, apart from try and take it all in.

Sad thing was - when I went to get my hubbie inside, he was waiting (in the pouring rain) and he said that lots (well 15 or so) of people behind him in the queue had left as the security would only let in one pass per person, so girls/guys who had "won" tickets were being turned away as they wouldnt/couldnt go by themselves.? I feel that was a real shame as towards the end of the night, lots of people were let in to the club (members I presume) and they were pissed up fuckheads who didnt have a clue who was playing and were too drunk to realise what was happening.? I saw Calum Best in there for godssakes.? Maybe he's a fan - but I doubt it.? I really feel for those who didnt get in - its a real pity that all the fans didnt get in and then they could have let a few members in later - not another load of suits like they did. probably 150 people there by the end.

Aside from that - this was the single most amazing GnR experience ever for me - I thanked Robin as I left (I felt like a kid at a party).? Axl was shaking hands left right and centre - didnt want to bother him and we just slipped away at the end.? ? Axl did say how fucking hard the band work , they play their asses off every night, and people still moan that its not the old guns n roses - and asked us to cheer for the band - I yelled my fucking head off.

Another funny moment - during paradise city - everyone was doing their thing and axl turned to Ron and said "there's more leads than that!" (meaning lead guitar parts) and Ron laughed and improv-ed more.? So many classic moments - I cant even begin to stop and put them all together in order.? I'm knackered as we didnt get home till 8am (after a pleasant stroll around an empty covent garden waiting for FUCKING TUBES to start) - then I was back to Wembley for last night (nice to meet you, Magnus). We all know what happened last night also - Seb bach was fkn great - I thought he was a total star for stepping in - no-one else could have done it.? But the midgets in paradise city - wtf?Huh? weird and unnecessary.? I dont know whats up with Uncle Axl - but i hope he's ok.

I would like to thank a few people for such a crazy, rock n roll adventure of a weekend:? Steve (you fkn rock my friend), my Irish angel for my acoustic show pass, Jarmo (for this board, and being a nice guy), Christos and Adz and Ignatius (nice to meet you guys, thanks for saying hi back), Seb Bach for paradise city last night (and being nice in the club) - but most of all:? Axl, izzy, robin, tommy, ron, richard, dizzy, frank and chris.? peace

Hope everyone who was at Wembley/acoustic had a great time.? ok

Hey Baby Dolls ! Top review! Glad you had such an amazing experience! Although I'm very jealous!! Take care! Mike

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »

cheers mike - I feel ....emotional!  still cant believe it.  I've been a fan for YEARS - and could never have hoped to dream about this happening to me.  these last two months have been the best ever.   Grin
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:31:34 AM »

That is ace, congratz on even getting in the door for what would be an amazing highlight for any true gn'r fan.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 07:39:28 AM »

thats really cool, thanks for the review. whats up with the midgets?
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 07:49:24 AM »

i just didnt get it.. i know lots of rock bands have uhhh.. .vertically challenged folk on stage - but I just dont know why! it didnt seem to add anything to the show - I found it unnecessary to be honest.  TOP marks to Seb though...
Steel_Angel
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 07:58:01 AM »

wat were the dwarfs doing? jumping around or?
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 08:01:18 AM »

they charged on when PC goes crazy and the confetti guns go off and they just seemed to be waving gnR flags and dancing about - which is fine, but I could have done without it tbh.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 08:03:30 AM »

LOL!
thats lame. reminds me of the blink 182 thing they did in the VMA's, cept they had them on trampolines and stuff.
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »

How does IRS acoustic sound?
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 08:30:39 AM »

i am sick of hearing how great the acousitc show is..i want a bootleg man....its bad enuff the NY acoustic gig never bootlegged now this one wont either...thats 0-2
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 08:40:48 AM »

Great to finally hear another review of the night to go with Cherry's one.  Did you see her pics yet?  If not you can see em here - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75951

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 08:42:35 AM »

It's great that there were some die hard fans there! Don't think that happened in NY, did it?

Anyway, thanks for an awesome review, babydolls!  Cheesy
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 08:48:02 AM »

IRS acoustic was absolutely stunning. I was bouncing about on a chair at the back and looked over and my eyes met with Del james and we both just grinned at each other and sang like maniacs. so good I nearly cried.

Cherry's pics are fkn amazing - mine will be dreadful in comparison! - but might give an idea of the crowd size and the club -will post if they are worth it of course.

By the way - the show was filmed - I talked to the guy who was videoing and he didnt have much info. ?He said he was filming "because he was asked" and has no idea whether if it would be used on a dvd, or released or anything. ?he then asked us if we were big fans and if we'd seen them before etc. ?I dont think he understood how privilged we felt to be there. ?but there were DEF at least 2 cameras recording the whole thing - so who knows. ?He was an english guy - so i dont think he was " with the band" so to speak.

Also - half way through - axl dedicated a song to a guy called "jamie" -who was pointed out by his mates - Jamie apparently a huge fan and had braids etc. No idea who he was - but Axl thanked him for making it possible for them playing there.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:52:53 AM by babydolls » Logged
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 09:07:14 AM »

IRS acoustic was absolutely stunning. I was bouncing about on a chair at the back and looked over and my eyes met with Del james and we both just grinned at each other and sang like maniacs. so good I nearly cried.

Cherry's pics are fkn amazing - mine will be dreadful in comparison! - but might give an idea of the crowd size and the club -will post if they are worth it of course.

By the way - the show was filmed - I talked to the guy who was videoing and he didnt have much info. ?He said he was filming "because he was asked" and has no idea whether if it would be used on a dvd, or released or anything. ?he then asked us if we were big fans and if we'd seen them before etc. ?I dont think he understood how privilged we felt to be there. ?but there were DEF at least 2 cameras recording the whole thing - so who knows. ?He was an english guy - so i dont think he was " with the band" so to speak.

Also - half way through - axl dedicated a song to a guy called "jamie" -who was pointed out by his mates - Jamie apparently a huge fan and had braids etc. No idea who he was - but Axl thanked him for making it possible for them playing there.

Awesome - every time I read stuff about this show it sends shivers down my spine.  I'm so fuckin glad that some real die-hards got to go to this gig.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!  Cherry said she filmed a couple of short clips but she has gone on holiday for a week so we wont see them until next week some time.

I'll speak to her later and ask what they are like though.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 09:24:58 AM »

dont hold out for much on my pics - like I said, I am very small and was a few people back - so they will be nothing in comparison to Cherry - then again I did surprise myself with a couple of great ones at Hammersmith - so who knows!  will get them up tomorrow most likely.

keep pinching myself that this did happen and was not a dream....
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Whts was with the midgets, seriously?  Is this Spinal tap or something?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 09:44:55 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experience, babydolls.  It's a great review and I bet it'll be a night you'll remember forever.  I was at the Wembley gig on Sat and gutted not to be one of the lucky ones able to go, especially as it was happening right in my own home city, but that's life, I guess.  Cry

Anyway, I'm glad that some dyed-in-the-wool fans got to attend and I'm sure you all gave the boys the reception they deserved.   ok 

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: