Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Acoustic Show
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Acoustic Show  (Read 27015 times)
Origen
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »

I seem to remember there being cameras at the show.

I think GN'R film almost everything these days?

/jarmo

yep, on some of my photos u can clearly see cameras? ok this HAS to be on a live dvd.

that would be nice, but hasn't GNR been recording all their shows since the Illusion days?

Yes, and out of 192 shows recorded on the UYI tour only 4 shows ever got leaked.
Evolution
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2006, 09:54:46 AM »

http://www.newgnr.com/pix/ontour/photos/londonacoustic/thumbs/CIMG1880%20%28Large%29.JPG_t400.jpg

Is this guy well known in the online GNR community? I stood behind him waiting for GNR to come on in Glasgow.
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2006, 10:26:53 AM »

How selfish is that? This guy knows how much this show means to people around, and he's deciding to keep it to himself. So that he can either 1) profit off the hard work of other people whilst doing nothing but enjoying a show himself, or 2) use the hard work of other people to add to his perceived status in some notional 'community' of other selfish morons.

Either way he's profiting off GnR for nobody's benefit but his own. I hope the band's management go after him hard the second he tries to make any profit off it.

Added to which, I'm sure he's benefitted from the endeavours of all those who recorded shows on the tour, and generously shared them without making anything for them or getting anything in return. It's selfishness and ingratitude in a pure, naked form.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:30:45 AM by mlewis » Logged
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2006, 11:54:05 AM »

i think if i recorded the show, id try keep it to myself, would be kinda cool to know i was the only one that had that specific recording. however, i probably wouldnt last long and would want to share it with the GNR fans who werent lucky enough to be there. and i certainly wouldnt brag about not sharing it, thats fucking low.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2006, 12:36:24 PM »

What really bothers me is that fans bash and complain to someone who privately recorded a gnr show and is not releasing it.
This is a private recording that was made with difficulty, effort and risk, so the person who did it can do what ever he wants with his film.

Why don't you bash GNR who have every show they performed recorded by proffesionals?? Why don't you bash Axl & Gnr management and call them hoarders??
These are the ones who should care about releasing videos? & Audio to the fans...
Not some random dude who happened to risk some things in a show to record it privately...If he releases it fine...If not fine again..I only expect GNR to care about me as a fan,? not some random dude...
Origen
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2006, 12:42:35 PM »

Because GnRs Management doesn't brag about having shows. The annoying thing about some hoarders is when they come onto boards and say "I have this show but I'm not trading it or I'm only trading it for somethink rare" in other words us "common" fans will never see it. All that does is piss people off because they are bragging about what they have and what other people don't have.

Like other people have said I'd rather not be told a show has been recorded, then know it's being hoarded for whatever reasons.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2006, 12:52:57 PM »

Because GnRs Management doesn't brag about having shows. The annoying thing about some hoarders is when they come onto boards and say "I have this show but I'm not trading it or I'm only trading it for somethink rare" in other words us "common" fans will never see it. All that does is piss people off because they are bragging about what they have and what other people don't have.

Like other people have said I'd rather not be told a show has been recorded, then know it's being hoarded for whatever reasons.

First we know that GNR have every show recorded cause we see all the cameras in every concert....But we choose to bash someone who did a private recording..

Second...People come on boards and say that have pictures of concerts, that have the microphone of Axl, that have met tha band backstage, that have been to an acoustic show....So do these people should not say that cause you & i didn't experience it???

Third. In band forums there are sections for private recordings trading....So I see no wrong when someone you decide to call "Hoarder" says that he did a private recording and wants to trade it. That is why this section exists in the first place...so if you can't stand the fact someone has a show, that you don't then close your ears and your eyes and don't visit the trading sections & threads.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2006, 12:56:56 PM »

i think if i recorded the show, id try keep it to myself, would be kinda cool to know i was the only one that had that specific recording. however, i probably wouldnt last long and would want to share it with the GNR fans who werent lucky enough to be there. and i certainly wouldnt brag about not sharing it, thats fucking low.

EXACTLY

If I had it I would be bursting and what is the point of having something only you can see? ?Would it make you feel important in some way? ?And if so, to who?

What is his point bragging he has it? ?So he feels important on GNR forums and get people to try to kiss his behind to get a copy?

He isn't offering it for trade for what I can see so again, I ask, what is the point?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »

Second...People come on boards and say that have pictures of concerts, that have the microphone of Axl, that have met tha band backstage, that have been to an acoustic show....So do these people should not say that cause you & i didn't experience it???

I think the issue people have with hoarders is that they brag about the stuff they have. Stuff they could share with others.

People who meet band members, attend surpise shows etc can't really help others to relive that experience.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2006, 01:07:52 PM »

What really bothers me is that fans bash and complain to someone who privately recorded a gnr show and is not releasing it.
This is a private recording that was made with difficulty, effort and risk, so the person who did it can do what ever he wants with his film.

It's because he has no right to it in the first place- it's borderline illegal, and is certainly breaking copyright law so by making any form of profit from it, he's breaking intellectual property law and ethically I have a very hard time justifying bootleggers making anything off somebody else's work.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2006, 01:10:26 PM »

He isn't offering it for trade for what I can see so again, I ask, what is the point?

I don't know what everyones point is but it can simply be some of the following.

- He feels excited...like people who have pictures, microphones,who were fucked by axl, been to an exclusive show...they all say it as part of excitement..
- Also he may say it cause he feels he has achieved something that is risky and just shares his experience with other fans..
- Also he may have been bashed in the past in trading circles and wants to prove to some people that he managed to record a show..

I personally don't care what he does and yes i prefer to know what has been recorded rather than not...cause that gives me the hope that maybe one day if GNR won't release it then maybe someone else will.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2006, 01:15:01 PM »

It's because he has no right to it in the first place- it's borderline illegal, and is certainly breaking copyright law so by making any form of profit from it, he's breaking intellectual property law and ethically I have a very hard time justifying bootleggers making anything off somebody else's work.

When i said he can do what he wants... i didn't mean profiting...trading or keeping it for himself is not profiting..

Also I see thousands of pictures and mobile videos...All of them are "illegal" but no one seems to bother about them...Even people said Axl was posing for pictures and mobile phone videos with no problem.
EFISH
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2006, 01:17:36 PM »

Here's what I would do If I had this show...

go to one of the big hoarders, trade for something VERY rare. Do the same with a few other hoarders, and then when I feel I have got some really good stuff, I'd release it all to the fans. It'd be like christmas!
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2006, 01:54:17 PM »

yes i prefer to know what has been recorded rather than not...cause that gives me the hope that maybe one day if GNR won't release it then maybe someone else will.

It is good to know that it's out there.? Sucks that he isn't willing to release it though.? Or that he plans to sit on it anyway.? A fan recording, private or not, shouldn't be tucked away to do nothing with but watch it yourself.? IMO a fan recording should make it's way out to the fans sooner or later.? Not saying he should give it away for free right away or at all but it should be circulated amongst the fans.?

Are we even certain that this was recorded by this guy though?? From what I read he said that he didn't see any other GNR crew cams but obviously that is not true as we know they are recording everything and people from this board say they remember seeing the cam crew.? So could this guy just be fucking with people?
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »

maybe - if he's recorded the show and telling everyone that he did it, it doesn't look like he'd hoard it forever.

AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2006, 09:40:12 PM »

yeah thats real nice Christos, was there many mygnr fans there?

Are you bringing this here now because they locked the thread at Mygnr?

Do I need to explain it to you guys again since you refuse to listen?

It's not our fault that the posters of Mygnrforum weren't around at 3am that night.

It's not our fault that the posters of Mygnrforum didn't know anybody who could've told them of the location.

It's not our fault that the guys at the door recognized us. All of us who got let in had gone to more than one show. In multiple countries. I really don't think there was an issue about who posts where like you people still claim.

I never met even one person from Mygnrforum at any of the shows I went to.

Everybody who are wondering what the fuck I'm babbling about, certain fans at that Mygnrforum are saying we were invited to the gig and they should've been invited too. That wasn't the case.

We were told to go to the Cuckoo Club by a fellow fan. This person did something very nice for us and we are very thankful for that.? Smiley

/jarmo

You tell em Jarmo!!!! peace

Things "convieniently" get deleted over there..........Eric needs a new admin!

without the Attitude.........

Also when Madison "went backstage" for the meet n' Greet she blabbed EVERYTHING......

Those that talk don't know...those that know don't talk!

I got blasted for defending HTGTH.......but, fuck it.....they had it coming!

Nuff Said!

WARCHILD

she bitched so much, she drove me nuts
but now were happer this way
oh yeah

smoking  beer

this issue needs to be 6 feet under!, hook line and sinker, this hole forum war thing smacks of geekness!, the way i see things....... is, this forum kisses axl's ass!

my gnr tell it how they see it, yes good and bad points of the band, because we want the best for the band, every board has trolls,  people wanna label it immature, well take alook at your hero!, it's his calling card!,

flame on !

i used to love her
but i had to kill it
i had to put her
6 feet under
and i can still hear her complain!   

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »

The way I see it is, there is no forum war, and you stirring things up is fucking boring.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: