Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Papa Roach are opening for Guns
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papa Roach are opening for Guns  (Read 21101 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2006, 12:38:29 AM »

I saw them once, and they're actually a really cool live band. They're not really emo as some of you've claimed. They're much better than CKY, Mix Master Mike, or Bullet For My Valentine (whom I don't think were quite as bad as so many of you say). Of course, if I had my druthers, it'd be Buckcherry or A7X opening, but I'm pretty pleased with PR...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2006, 12:42:07 AM »

Gee, that's funny. I've seen Buckcherry 3 times recently. The first show was sold out (1500 in attendance), the second one sold out (2100 in attendance), and the 3rd was a near sell out in a building with a 1700 capacity.

where?  Maybe in major markets, but the boxscores I have seen don't show those numbers all across the country.
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2006, 05:29:42 AM »

I am not a fan of Papa Roach, but I have seen them 3 times and they were always a very cool live band....The singer is quite insane though: One time he was hitting himself with the mic until his head started bleeding and once he completely destroyed the drums out of the blue....
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2006, 06:22:57 AM »

i've seen them three times, all festivals. i always enjoy watching coby sing and move and go crazy on stage. but some of their songs do suck. but it's a nice opening band to waste your time on.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2006, 07:23:02 AM »

It'd be neat to see them go out with the reunited Living Colour.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »

Gee, that's funny. I've seen Buckcherry 3 times recently. The first show was sold out (1500 in attendance), the second one sold out (2100 in attendance), and the 3rd was a near sell out in a building with a 1700 capacity.

where?? Maybe in major markets, but the boxscores I have seen don't show those numbers all across the country.

Not major markets at all. All in Illinois. Springfield, Urbana, and Peoria. I know they did well in Philly and Cleveland too.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2006, 10:32:31 AM »

Now I'll definitely be sure not to show up at the show until at least 11:30pm.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »

PaPa Roach openin' for Axl n' Roses?HuhHuhHuh? This must be a joke!!!!! nervous nervous nervous
your posts are a joke
go to a VR board

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2006, 05:47:02 PM »

Papa Roach are fucking horrible...

hopefully they can bring at least 1000-2000 fans of their own to each show to give gnr more exposure though.

I guess this means I'll be arriving at about 9:30pm for any gnr show I go too. peace
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2006, 05:56:29 PM »

I saw them once at Rock in Rio3,they sucked. yes

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2006, 08:02:56 PM »

papa roach sucks...what a waste of time...oh well I could care less who is opening, i would sit throught justin timberlake to see GNR, actually I sat through 4 hours of garbage to watch Axl introduce the killers,,who also suck....
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2006, 08:12:17 PM »

unfortunately seen papa roach years back on the ozzfest tour!  spare yourself from there mediocrity and drink a few more at the bar or in the parking lot or else papa roach just might kill your buzz! hihi

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2006, 05:01:59 AM »

According to the press release going around, P roach are only playing up until Nov 3...that sucks, cuz the NYC date is Nov 10. My only hope now is that Avenged Sevenfold will be the opener...that would be a dream come true for me

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2006, 05:33:10 AM »

Will Rock Star - Supernova be finished by then? (Yes, I'll say it again... I want The Panic Channel).
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #154 on: September 29, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

I'd say Bach will still be on tour for 'My Michelle' (i hope)...that song is even more kick ass with him and Axl

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #155 on: September 29, 2006, 07:43:02 AM »

I never saw them live but I have their latest DVD and I was very suprised when I watched it.  The band has some really good songs and Jakoby really gives 110%.  I think as far as frontmen go he is one of the only ones out there that could give Axl a run for his money.  I think they would be a cool opening band for GnR. yes ok peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #156 on: September 29, 2006, 08:02:42 AM »

According to the press release going around, P roach are only playing up until Nov 3...that sucks, cuz the NYC date is Nov 10. My only hope now is that Avenged Sevenfold will be the opener...that would be a dream come true for me

i dunno i hope it's somebody new that hasn't opened for them yet peace

greenhorn1
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #157 on: September 29, 2006, 09:18:46 AM »

bah Nov 3rd last date with papa roach.  So now i have to decide....go to WV and see papa roach who I have no desire to see (but could probably tolerate) or go to Cleveland and see Huh which based on GNR's past openers will probably be worse but wouldn't take a whole lot to be better.  I'm in columbus so they're about the same distance away from me.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #158 on: September 29, 2006, 09:21:36 AM »

Papa Roach are fucking horrible...

hopefully they can bring at least 1000-2000 fans of their own to each show to give gnr more exposure though.

I guess this means I'll be arriving at about 9:30pm for any gnr show I go too. peace

LOL: 1-2,000 fans of their own at close to $100 a pop (with service fees) for a 45 minute set?? No chance. Fuck these guys, thank God they are off on Nov 3rd.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #159 on: September 29, 2006, 09:23:22 AM »

I never saw them live but I have their latest DVD and I was very suprised when I watched it.  The band has some really good songs and Jakoby really gives 110%.  I think as far as frontmen go he is one of the only ones out there that could give Axl a run for his money.  I think they would be a cool opening band for GnR. yes ok peace

HHHHHAAA, that guy gives Axl a run for his money?? rofl That is way too funny. That guy shouldn't be on the same stage with Axl.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: