Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:11:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Papa Roach are opening for Guns
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Papa Roach are opening for Guns  (Read 21100 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »

The problem here is that Papa roach had no fan base left. ?They havent had a hit song in 5 years and they are overwhelmingly considered washed up.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2006, 02:39:11 AM »

If GNR could get The Hold Steady to open, it would be the ultimate party tour of the decade!!  I have both of these guy's CD's, and they are incredible!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/01/arts/music/01sann.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2006, 05:13:22 AM »

to lazy to register. its 5:12 am here...................

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2006, 05:38:59 AM »

GnR needs to get Ricky, Julian, and Bubbles to open all the shows in Canada. Ricky can show Axl how to get Drunk as fuck, Bubbles can come out and be the fourth guitarist and back up singer on Patience, and Julian can teach Axl how to run around the whole show without spilling his Rum and Coke. Since Bumblefoot doesn't drink or do drugs, they could bring Randy along for an after party cheeseburger eating contest. To top off the show, J-Roc could come out and lay down a freestyle on Rocket Queen. This post is for the Canadians on the board.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 05:40:39 AM by Mattattack » Logged
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2006, 10:21:26 AM »

If papa roach is opening here in canada I will be in the bar until the show.
I hate that band

If you dont like me, blow me!
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »

im interested to know if pappa roach is comming to halifax

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2006, 12:12:06 PM »

yea seriously, axl needs to stop putting these wet emo tossers on the bill.

axl used to be cool - he has said he once wanted nwa to open for guns. look how far we've fallen, from nwa (and soundgarden - when they and cornell were good, faith no more etc) to absolutely horrible rubbish like papa roach and bullet for my valentine.

christ almighty. grow some balls. i dunno if im addressing that to axl or those lame emo fucks, either or really.
he should be taking the likes of high on fire on tour.
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2006, 03:05:06 PM »

axl used to be cool - he has said he once wanted nwa to open for guns. look how far we've fallen, from nwa (and soundgarden - when they and cornell were good, faith no more etc) to absolutely horrible rubbish like papa roach and bullet for my valentine.

christ almighty. grow some balls. i dunno if im addressing that to axl or those lame emo fucks, either or really.

For sure.  I think it was in 02, where he had mix master mikey and CKY opening for gun's.   Un real

Axl is making some mad cash I think off these shows.  I think he feels that they dont need a "great opening" band to play, because people are going to come regardless. 

Dosnt really matter to me though, as I am comming to see Axl.  However would be nice to see a up and comming band  take the stage and rock it out.

If you dont like me, blow me!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »

For sure.  I think it was in 02, where he had mix master mikey and CKY opening for gun's.   Un real

Axl is making some mad cash I think off these shows.  I think he feels that they dont need a "great opening" band to play, because people are going to come regardless. 

Dosnt really matter to me though, as I am comming to see Axl.  However would be nice to see a up and comming band  take the stage and rock it out.

I personally think Bach will bring in alot of the old fans. I know at least 3 guys going to the Detroit show because they like Bach enough to wanna see him and they're gonna stay to check out the new GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2006, 04:15:19 PM »

I personally think Bach will bring in alot of the old fans. I know at least 3 guys going to the Detroit show because they like Bach enough to wanna see him and they're gonna stay to check out the new GNR.

Exactly....I convinced a friend of mine(we debate constantly; he's a hardline supporter of the old GNR line-up) to come to MSG based upon the fact that Baz was opening and doing My Michelle.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #170 on: October 02, 2006, 04:51:51 PM »

I am telling you guy's, if they can get The Hold Steady to open some dates--esp. Chicago, Ames, and Minneapolis--it would be huge.  This band is blowing up on college campuses in the Midwest, and their new album comes out tomorrow--from what I've heard, it's going to be their best yet.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/11738760/review/11755730/boys_and_girls_in_america?source=album_reviews_rssfeed

sesor
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2006, 04:58:38 PM »

first bullet for my gay now papa roach :|

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »

Exactly....I convinced a friend of mine(we debate constantly; he's a hardline supporter of the old GNR line-up) to come to MSG based upon the fact that Baz was opening and doing My Michelle.

For sure. I can't say that it will attract ya know, like a million fans or anything but it will attract alot of people who wouldn't normally think about paying to see the new lineup.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: