Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:52:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Greensboro, NC Updates
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greensboro, NC Updates  (Read 35355 times)
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2006, 12:15:35 PM »

if you said that arena wad full,is it posible that there were more than 15000 people

I have never seen so many tree
Duguncw1996
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2006, 12:37:44 PM »

No, it was no where near full.  Greensboro is a huge arena, around 23,000 for basketball but last night they had the drapes down in the upper areana so there was only about 4 or 5 rows being used upstairs.  Floor was only about half full and the lower wasn't full either.  At best, I would guess between 6,000 - 7,000 but it was a good crowd and I would say 3/4 stayed until 2:02 when the lights came on.

Duguncw1996
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2006, 12:45:58 PM »

We'll there ya go with no new album. Here in San Diego if they played the original date scheduled I'd be surprised if more than 5k were there in an area that holds about 15k.  Just doesn't look good.   

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
dlive11
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2006, 12:58:51 PM »

Even though it was not sold out, the show was unbelievable.  I think that once word gets out that the tour is solid and is not going to get cancelled (like the first attempt did) people will go.  It looked like Axl enjoyed the show and the crowd, regardless of the size. 
A couple of the guys that sat behind me were cynical about the show (which doesnt make sense if you pay 75 for a ticket) before it started (the slash issue) and by the end of the show they were eating their words.  I think people are seeing that the new additions are unreal musicians and Axl means business.
Duguncw1996
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2006, 01:09:08 PM »

For those of you who have seen the show on this leg of the tour, has Axl been chunking his mic into the crowd every night?  I remember back in 1993 at the Smith Center in Chapel Hill he did.  And then last night he let it fly again, about 10 feet in front of me (no chance to get it as it hit the guy in the chest and fell right in front of him).  Just curious if he has been doing this every night.  Picks and drumsticks are cool and all but that Mic would have been awesome to get...

Duguncw1996
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2006, 01:12:07 PM »

who gives a shit how many people u played in front of.....

it is  rock n roll after all

dont matter if its 2 or 100,000 people u still give it ur all!!

ok

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2006, 01:25:18 PM »

No, it was no where near full.  Greensboro is a huge arena, around 23,000 for basketball

It should be noted that GNR didn't even sell out this arena in the summer of '91 when they were the biggest thing ever.
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2006, 01:35:57 PM »

I think it's great there's no marketing or communication. That's not what music is about! Music is about music, playing shows and building repertoire and respect from the fans, which they are doing fantastically. I can't wait for the Calgary, AB show!

a.
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2006, 02:11:02 PM »

See, you add a couple songs and this is the response you get, nothing but positivity. That said, that really is a great setlist, and what sucks even more is I should have been at this show, but unfortunately things came up and I wasnt able to go.  Cry

This is easily the best setlist of the tour so far, and it seems the crowd was really cool...thanks for representing us North Carolinians well  beer
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »

Even though it was not sold out, the show was unbelievable.  I think that once word gets out that the tour is solid and is not going to get cancelled (like the first attempt did) people will go.  It looked like Axl enjoyed the show and the crowd, regardless of the size. 
A couple of the guys that sat behind me were cynical about the show (which doesn't make sense if you pay 75 for a ticket) before it started (the slash issue) and by the end of the show they were eating their words.  I think people are seeing that the new additions are unreal musicians and Axl means business.

I saw this too... I took someone to the show who walked in skeptical and left a fan. Can't wait to tell my brother what he missed. The fact that Axl has lost so much money to stand his ground (be 100%) will be a mute point if the shows continue on like this. As excited as I am Chinese Democracy is going to be released in some sort of timely manner and have the band in place to support it, I am even more excited some stability has been achieved by the camp. Previously I was ambiguous about the release of the record, now I want to hear it. Making lemonade from lemons (undoing negative perceptions) can take a while. They look prepared to invest the time and effort it takes to go the long haul. Shows like last night go along way to firing up  a new generations of fans, and they were out there. As an old fan I feel vindicated.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

Even though it was not sold out, the show was unbelievable.? I think that once word gets out that the tour is solid and is not going to get cancelled (like the first attempt did) people will go.? It looked like Axl enjoyed the show and the crowd, regardless of the size.?
A couple of the guys that sat behind me were cynical about the show (which doesn't make sense if you pay 75 for a ticket) before it started (the slash issue) and by the end of the show they were eating their words.? I think people are seeing that the new additions are unreal musicians and Axl means business.

I saw this too... I took someone to the show who walked in skeptical and left a fan. Can't wait to tell my brother what he missed. The fact that Axl has lost so much money to stand his ground (be 100%) will be a mute point if the shows continue on like this. As excited as I am Chinese Democracy is going to be released in some sort of timely manner and have the band in place to support it, I am even more excited some stability has been achieved by the camp. Previously I was ambiguous about the release of the record, now I want to hear it. Making lemonade from lemons (undoing negative perceptions) can take a while. They look prepared to invest the time and effort it takes to go the long haul. Shows like last night go along way to firing up? a new generations of fans, and they were out there. As an old fan I feel vindicated.

Nice post - that's good to hear.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2006, 07:42:10 PM »

OMG, the setlist is throwing me into a frenzy!  I'm dying they played your crazy!  This setlist makes me want to party!!! beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

Ok I talked to the guy who gave me updates last night and he said You're Crazy wasn't the fast version, he said it was more like the Live Era one.
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:11 PM »

I'm not one to give a proper review but I will tell you this, THE SHOW KICKED ASS!!!! Axl sounded AMAZING drool the entire night. IRS was about the best I have ever heard as well as Madagascar and Chinese Democracy. One funny thing I saw was during one of the early songs Bumblefoot kicked the strobe light off the side of the stage I was on because it was pretty much blinding him. It didn't break and just flashed on the floor instead. I could hear people yelling "Where's Slash?? and "Your no Slash" but I think they came away with a different view of the new band.....if they weren't messed up enough to remember. Also there were a couple fights that are always fun to watch and one particular woman who was so messed up she was carried out of the standing area THREE TIMES! Anyway the show was AMAZING and I HIGHLY recommend you to go and see them if you having second thoughts about going. They literally made me forget about the old band! peace ok Grin

Oh she's a cornshucker!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:44 PM »

Ok I talked to the guy who gave me updates last night and he said You're Crazy wasn't the fast version, he said it was more like the Live Era one.

Ah ok. The Live Era one was kind of a mixture of the fast & acoustic. I personally like it the best like that. That's great.

No, it was no where near full. Greensboro is a huge arena, around 23,000 for basketball but last night they had the drapes down in the upper areana so there was only about 4 or 5 rows being used upstairs. Floor was only about half full and the lower wasn't full either. At best, I would guess between 6,000 - 7,000 but it was a good crowd and I would say 3/4 stayed until 2:02 when the lights came on.

Duguncw1996

I would say that overall they're doing about the same crowds they were doing in 2002, which is really not a bad thing. To not have an album out or a single, and still be able to get anywhere from 6,000-10,000 people out to the show, is a great thing.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: