Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:31:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com  (Read 37424 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »

And I thought Matt Sorum was the "worst thing that ever happened to the band"! Guess I was wrong...  no

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »

I never state anything as fact, I make observations. That's it.

Your actions have fractured this fanbase. And has directly lead to people boycotting shows and planning to download the album without paying for it and spreading it around the net. Right or wrong, that's a fact.

Second, and most important, you and this board since about 2003-2004 have been THE most damaging thing to happen to GNR. You have alienated countless numbers of fans. You have literally made fans bitter, and have turned them against Axl.

Quite apart from contradicting yourself, I find it inconceivable that the protocol by which a fansite messageboard operates, and the actions of Jarmo in particular, would have that amount of influence over anyone.  I mean, really, anyone who can't distinguish between how Jarmo decides to run his site and the decisions made by Axl on behalf of GNR needs to think about things a little more carefully.

You say that the fanbase has been fractured; well, if by this you mean that certain elements of the fanbase have been made unwelcome on this messageboard, then I say more power to you, Jarmo.  And I say that having visited other boards and been appalled by the level of personal abuse directed towards band members and the extended GNR family.  I certainly wouldn't stick around here for very long if Jarmo allowed this board to descend to those depths.

I come here because I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses and wish to celebrate that fact with other like-minded people who support the band in all its endeavours.  I don't want to have to justify my belief in Axl and explain why I trust his judgement in matters relating to the future prosperity of GNR on a fansite.  I would respectfully suggest that if, as you observe, people have become bitter and no longer have faith in what Axl's trying to achieve, then they bugger off to a general music site (or one of the other so-called GNR fansites) and indulge their bile over there - and leave this board to those of us who do wish to support the band by buying the music and attending the shows.

Oh and I just want to add that I've met Jarmo, AdZ and many other board members at various shows and they've all been great people to hang out with and made the whole tour experience even more enjoyable than it was already.  So, thanks Jarmo for all your efforts in maintaining the standard of this site, it's greatly appreciated.   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2008, 05:12:14 PM »

People dont like being told what the can and cant think/ say, and see the censorship as the band trying to stifle opinions/ free speech, ultimately it generated a lot of bad feeling by people who were real die hards.

You omitted one crucial detail.

Those opinions are often based on one part of the story.

As I said, the so called objective fans often make up their minds based on one side of the story and/or lies.

They don't like being told that they're wrong. No matter who says it.

Everybody who's ever pointed out that they're wrong has been attacked.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »

I've given you credit for what you've done in the past, and so has younggunner. Whether you want to aknowledge that or not, perhaps you were ignoring it, is up to you.

Do you feel if Beta, or Fernando didn't post here, Jarmo may be "more" honest about his thoughts in regarding GNR. 

Are you serious?

I tell my opinion just like everybody else.

I just don't see the point in whining about stuff I have no control over especially when I know the band are trying their hardest to make things happen.

I'm gonna be really excited the day the album comes out, but it doesn't mean I have to post "give us a release date" day after day. It just seems like a waste of time to me.

/jarmo

Jarmo, you don't really voice nearly as you strong like you do in other sections on this board.  You are more of a facilitator on the GNR section.  For example, the Robin situation.  Your typical response is vague to the effect of, "No point in specualating what happened", "the band would move on", "I would support the band", "why comment on what we don't know", "Axl will tell us something if we need to know it", etc...  But you never say, "I think it would suck if he did leave, I really like Robin's playing."  Or "Frankly, Robin never did it for me, if he left I won't care as long as the CD comes out."  I know you don't want to get caught up in the hoopla.  But I have no real clue how you truly feel about the situation, and as the moderator, I guess its not important.  But in other areas of this great forum, you aren't scared to call someone a hack, pussy, liar, selfish, junkie, or anything else.  I understand why you do what you do. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2008, 05:43:47 PM »

Maybe that's because I'm a GN'R fan and not a VR fan?

I expect people who come here to support the band. People who don't have to defend themselves and being labeled "fan boys" because they choose to be positive.

Obviously it's too much to ask for if you believe a few people.

The funny thing is, I give these people a choice. I don't force them to come here, I don't force them to stay.

Yet, when I present that choice, I'm met with "that's a cop out".

Suddenly it's not fun because they have to take some responsibility for the whining they're doing. That's not fun at all! You want to have the cake and eat it too.

If you dislike me and this place that much, leave. Easy as that.

You know I'm not gonna change it for you. So why do you bother repeating the same old boring "change it back" shit?

You know why they won't leave? Why do these people come back week after week to tell me how much they hate me and this site?

Maybe they can tell us in their own words......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »

Maybe that's because I'm a GN'R fan and not a VR fan?

I expect people who come here to support the band. People who don't have to defend themselves and being labeled "fan boys" because they choose to be positive.

Obviously it's too much to ask for if you believe a few people.

The funny thing is, I give these people a choice. I don't force them to come here, I don't force them to stay.

Yet, when I present that choice, I'm met with "that's a cop out".

Suddenly it's not fun because they have to take some responsibility for the whining they're doing. That's not fun at all! You want to have the cake and eat it too.

If you dislike me and this place that much, leave. Easy as that.

You know I'm not gonna change it for you. So why do you bother repeating the same old boring "change it back" shit?

You know why they won't leave? Why do these people come back week after week to tell me how much they hate me and this site?

Maybe they can tell us in their own words......

/jarmo

My guess? Because the band rarely ever tell the fans what's happening, and yourself and Mysteron have connections with them, ergo this is pretty much the only place to find out what's happening.

And there goes the challenger...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »

...If you dislike me and this place that much, leave. Easy as that....

I've actually said this to more then a few people. If people seriously dislike the place (or you) that much, then just don't type in "www.heretodaygonetohell.com" into your browser.

No one forces you to come here.

Having said that, I still think it should be ok for people to have a difference of opinion and many people feel that cannot do that here.

For the most part, I just lay off the subjects that get people too touchy and that's how I keep myself out of trouble.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2008, 05:53:31 PM »

Jarmo, simple questions and yes or no will do for answers.

Do you like Robin as a guitar player?

If Robin chooses to move on, do you feel GNR loses a great contributor to the band?

Who brought VR up?  You don't have to be a non fan to say there are certain aspects of something you think could be improved on.  
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »

Yes.

If Robin chooses to move on, do you feel GNR loses a great contributor to the band?

Too early to say since I know nothing about his input.

Who brought VR up?  You don't have to be a non fan to say there are certain aspects of something you think could be improved on. 

Like the weather in Sweden. But no matter how much I post that it sucks, it won't change.

The band often makes decisions that are made based on what they know. Often we have no clue.

Why isn't that good enough for you?

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »

Yes.

Too early to say since I know nothing about his input.

Who brought VR up?  You don't have to be a non fan to say there are certain aspects of something you think could be improved on. 

Like the weather in Sweden. But no matter how much I post that it sucks, it won't change.

The band often makes decisions that are made based on what they know. Often we have no clue.

Why isn't that good enough for you?

/jarmo

Jarmo!!!!!!!!  Wow, you answered them!  Thanks  ok.  I think we know enough about Robin about what he brings to a live show and the boots that we heard.  I guess over all until we get album we won't know for sure.  But the question was "do you feel" so it was more of a feeling.. but its okay, your answer was good enough for me.  You stated why you can't come to that conclusion.  Jarmo, good post!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2008, 07:09:43 PM »

Yea we can leave but you did have something cool here. We want it back. We know GNR or this site isnt Burger King so we wont demand things to be our way or your way. We just simply want it the old way. Dont get Slash on us and get lazy and ruin something that was once great. Get back on track.

FYI: The pussy way of doing it would be to cave in to handful of people and let them run the site.

That would be easy!

Not giving a fuck would be really easy.

But guess what, I'm not like that. I do care. I do give a fuck about what kind of site I want to run.

And since I'm not doing the pussy thing and letting you decide in order to be your online buddy, I get attacked and attacked.

That would be lazy, I wouldn't have to explain myself to your every other week because you just don't seem to get it.

But instead I keep going. I keep explaining and telling you. Week after week, month after month.

I don't know how you can see that as being lazy.

But I guess if you're in the mindset that I'm the most damaging thing that has happened to the band, it would seem lazy not to change the site around for your liking.

The funny thing about you Younggunner is that you have changed.

You went from being so supportive that you got attacked by people like mistedID. People who attacked you got banned. Now you want to change the site because you changed.

You just have to come to grips with the harsh reality that this site doesn't revolve around you. You're not the sun in the HTGTH universe.

The same could be said about some other people who went through similar changes. Won't mention any names.

They were attacked and ridiculed. People got banned and now they want me to change the site because they turned into the same kind of people who were attacking them a few years ago.....

It's like you go from being bullied to becoming the bully, so bullying should be allowed.

/jarmo

jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »

This is hilarious....Jarmo you take your place in life way to seriously. You hide in cyber space protecting the well being of GNR and Axl's ego. Do you really think he needs you that badly? That if it wasn't for you somehow the GNR experience and timetable would be tragically affected. Give your big moppy head a shake...you weren't around in '87 for Axl and he seemed to do just fine and I'm pretty sure he'll survive with or without this site in the future. I got a feeling Axl's ego can take both the negative comments and positive comments with out your deleteing finger being so trigger happy on the keyboard.

Time to roll with the ups and downs of GNR/Axl fans without taking it so personally. The debates on these boards is what makes it interesting and helps pass the time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:24:58 PM by jmrgnr » Logged
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2008, 07:30:37 PM »

Richard Fortus talks....and says nothing the G N R fan would care about. Thanks!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »

This is hilarious....Jarmo you take your place in life way to seriously.

Hello? I'm not the one saying I think I'm a band member or saying I'm the worst thing to have happened the band.

You guys all have these nice little theories in your heads about what I do and why. Too bad the gossipmongers that you are can't seem to realize that none of those ideas are based on reality.

Nowhere did I say I was doing this for GN'R. Once again, it's in your head.

I'm doing it for myself and fans like me who believe in the band. People who don't have the need to put GN'R down in order to feel good.

/jarmo

jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

This is hilarious....Jarmo you take your place in life way to seriously.

Nowhere did I say I was doing this for GN'R. Once again, it's in your head.

I'm doing it for myself and fans like me who believe in the band. People who don't have the need to put GN'R down in order to feel good.

/jarmo

Actually it makes you seem even more of a 'fanatical' character when you put it in this context. Your behaviour would make more sense if you were some how involved with the band and you were getting some sort of direction from them. To me it seems you are way too personally and emotionally wrapped up with GNR that you can't moderate objectively...maybe you should take a step back and re-evaluate your life and just let people debate and discuss without having to feel so hurt everytime someone disagrees with an aspect of GNR/Axl. Its OK...they will survive and so will you and in the end the sun will rise again in the morning. Remeber your a moderator, you don't need to be a defensive medler.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 07:53:11 PM by jmrgnr » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2008, 07:57:42 PM »

Actually it makes you seem even more of a 'fanatical' character when you put it in this context. Your behaviour would make more sense if you were some how involved with the band and you were getting some sort of direction from them. To me it seems you are way too personally and emotionally wrapped up with GNR that you can't moderate objectively...maybe you should take a step back and re-evaluate your life and just let people debate and discuss without having to feel so hurt everytime someone disagrees with an aspect of GNR/Axl. Its OK...they will survive and so will you and in the end the sun will rise again in the morning. Remeber your a moderator, you don't need to be a defensive medler.

Well hello there Freud!

There you go once again with the fucking objectivity and assumptions.

I can't run the site the way I want to, but you're allowed me to give lessons on how I should live my life?

What a fucking hypocrite.

Talk about taking yourself too seriously.  Roll Eyes

While we're on the subject of letting people discuss things, you need to understand that this site wasn't just created on the seventh day....

You all act like this site is your right. Like it just appeared out of the blue and now it's yours to ruin.

If you don't like this site or me, you can just leave. Go ahead. Who's holding you back?

If you're so miserable here that you think giving me lessons on how to live my life will change your life for the better, maybe you should just logout and go post somewhere else?

Maybe you go to McDonalds every day to tell them how much more you prefer Burger King.

I fucking hope you do. Because it makes as much sense as what you're doing here.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:07:09 PM by jarmo » Logged

jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »

The difference here is you get your panties in a knot and tell everyone to leave if they don't like it....blah blah blah. Its like trying to reason with a five year old. All I do is post a comment or opinion based on what I see and read...Personally I'm neither upset or bothered by your tirades I'm actually totally indifferent by you or your input. The fact that you seem so paranoid and threatened by some post from someone about an entertainer and his band...that is funny to me. Reading all the anger from you has been a bizarre experience. This is a rock band for crying out loud ...get a grip.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »

The difference here is you get your panties in a knot and tell everyone to leave if they don't like it....blah blah blah. Its like trying to reason with a five year old.

Oh really?

So, you think I should change the way I run this site to comply to all your wishes?

I mean, even if we both know others actually appreciate it?

So since you and I both know that it's not gonna change, your #1 option can be crossed over. What's your other options?

What options do you, Younggunner and mistedID have? Since this place sucks so much.

Please tell me.

Once again I have to remind you that this place only exists because somebody started it.

There's no voting on who gets to run it and how.

All I do is post a comment or opinion based on what I see and read...Personally I'm neither upset or bothered by your tirades I'm actually totally indifferent by you or your input. The fact that you seem so paranoid and threatened by some post from someone about an entertainer and his band...that is funny to me. Reading all the anger from you has been a bizarre experience. This is a rock band for crying out loud ...get a grip.

Once again, your assumptions...

I'm not personally threatened by the posts. Just because I feel strongly about issues doesn't mean I take it personally.

I'm just not interested in providing a bunch of people an outlet for their bitching, moaning and backstabbing.

You don't seem to get the concept at all.

Maybe if you build a house and let a bunch of hobos take over it, then you could understand the concept. Remember to be nice to them!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:36:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »

Maybe if you build a house and let a bunch of hobos take over it, then you could understand the concept. Remember to be nice to them!

/jarmo

Good to know what you think of us.

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2008, 08:37:50 PM »

/jarmo

Good to know what you think of us.

Talk about taking things out of context.

I also used another example of letting nazis run wild at your house party and that was turned into me saying VR fans are nazis....

Can you understand the concept of building something for years and then letting strangers who you disagree with take over the place?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: