Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com  (Read 37425 times)
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »

Jarmo, if so many people misunderstand you, perhaps the problem isn't with them but with confusion from the way you express yourself.

I'm not into getting into internet arguments. But as far as I can see, site members were the 'hobos' in your unflattering analogy. I admire that you stick to your principles and defend the band, but you seem to frequently lash out at others to do so.

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2008, 08:51:48 PM »

But as far as I can see, site members were the 'hobos' in your unflattering analogy.

No they were not.

They are the unwelcome elements. Along with roaches and rats.

If you think I refer to all the cool people who visit this site as hobos, you really must have a really low opinion about me. But I guess, with all the shit I read today about myself, I shouldn't be surprised if people always assume I would say something like that.

Have you ever been to a party where everybody is having a great time until one or a few unwelcome trouble makers show up?

What do you do? Let them ruin the party for you and your friends, or tell them to leave?

Or maybe you should just invite them in, let them trash your apartment/house and scare away those guests you actually wanted to come?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 08:54:15 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2008, 09:01:01 PM »

You run things your way, thats fair enough. I think by now people have got the gist of the way this site is run, and that its different from a lot of other boards, and as you say, people can take it or leave it.

For whatever reason, obviously you didn't intend what I thought you meant in your earlier post.

I'd be interested to know what keeps you running this site though. As a tribute to the band? As a meeting point for fans who are 100% supportive of Axl? Or something else entirely. If you don't mind me saying, it seems like you find it pretty stressful and exasperating a lot of the time.

But I guess I'll ask those questions another time, since I'm so way off-topic here.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2008, 09:19:49 PM »

I'd be interested to know what keeps you running this site though. As a tribute to the band? As a meeting point for fans who are 100% supportive of Axl? Or something else entirely. If you don't mind me saying, it seems like you find it pretty stressful and exasperating a lot of the time.

A place for like minded fans to "meet" without having to defend ourselves to people who don't share our views as well as have the most accurate info possible about the band with the least possible amount of bullshit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2008, 09:34:11 PM »

A place for like minded fans to "meet" without having to defend ourselves to people who don't share our views as well as have the most accurate info possible about the band with the least possible amount of bullshit.

/jarmo

That clears a lot up, and I bet not just for me. Thanks for the response.
Seriously, I bet if you put something like that on the front page you'd get a lot less of the objectionable people you mentioned.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2008, 09:53:36 PM »

Seriously, I bet if you put something like that on the front page you'd get a lot less of the objectionable people you mentioned.

Since I'm not American, I'm not used to having warning labels and disclaimers on everything.

Wink

Edit: Actually, the posting guidelines / board rules kinda give a hint about what kind of people our "target audience" is.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:58:28 PM by jarmo » Logged

TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2008, 10:04:50 PM »

Since I'm not American, I'm not used to having warning labels and disclaimers on everything.

Wink

/jarmo

I'm not American either...but still, better to put a warning label on your detergent than get sued when some jackass sprinkles it on their cornflakes. Wink

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2008, 01:54:32 AM »

I'm not American either...but still, better to put a warning label on your detergent than get sued when some jackass sprinkles it on their cornflakes. Wink
And it's not a American juristitical system either hihi

Thanks for the article, it's annoying he has to be so confidential about GunsN'Roses question, even with so small "media outlets".
I guess we'll see real info whenever it will be reason to promote GnR again peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2008, 02:10:43 AM »

hobos are a proud industrious race of people with a rich, cultured heritage that spans for ages. don't be fooled by the media, as far as races go hobos are up ther with koreans and unicorns. and i for one am proud to count my self as a member of this flock of majestic unicorns
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2008, 02:33:11 AM »

hobos are a proud industrious race of people with a rich, cultured heritage that spans for ages. don't be fooled by the media, as far as races go hobos are up ther with koreans and unicorns. and i for one am proud to count my self as a member of this flock of majestic unicorns

Since you went there: Power to the proletariat.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2008, 02:44:42 AM »

Richard Fortus talks....and says nothing the G N R fan would care about. Thanks!

No, to be precise, Richard said nothing that you were interested in reading.

And whilst I'm on the subject - I'm astounded by the number of posters who presume to speak for me and all the other Guns N' Roses fans, as if this consent by numbers in some way adds weight to their own thoughts.  When you post on this board, the only opinions you can be sure of representing accurately are those in your own head.  I'd be most grateful if you could please try to remember that in future.

From my point of view, Richard was gracious enough to do this interview and I was more than happy to read about what he had to say.  Thank you, Richard.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2008, 05:33:18 AM »

I mean, even if we both know others actually appreciate it?

Once again I have to remind you that this place only exists because somebody started it.

There's no voting on who gets to run it and how.

- In a nutshell.

I am constantly AMAZED at the internet crazies that surface on message boards, wreck havoc and when they happen to drop in on a site that is actually MANAGED and MONITORED - and they're told to drop certain things, they're banned or they have posts deleted - they're actually.. shocked? Hilarious.

Jarmo has done an ace job from the very get go.

Because he chose to. This site is his and his only to run.

I mean, what are we even talking about here? Guns N' Roses? Well, if we do have to get specific, doesn't it make you wonder why the band and their management, friends and family 'trust' only one site on the whole damn internet regarding band stuff? Just one. Yeah, this one.

That should tell these people something. Jeez!

It's not a matter of Guns, Axl, the album, Robin Finck or whatnot. It's a matter of this being a site. A well-run site dedicated to a band and there are certain rules.

So things don't get outta hand.

And the people who come here to enjoy, discuss, laugh - AND bring constructive critisism maybe - can take, give and share info, views and trivia without annoying freaks crowding threads and spreading moronic lies.

People.. Grow up.

Smiley

RF

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 05:35:31 AM by Rainfox » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »

^Amen.

Unfortunately, the HTGTH wet blanket brigade continues to march on.

Here we have a member of our favorite band agreeing to open up about himself but he gets criticized for not dishing the inside dirt on the band.  It never ends...

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2008, 03:08:32 AM »

Haha, always the victim. My point was, seeing how long I've been here, it's just sad what's happened here.

I'll just say this, thanks to a certain someone Wink who enlightened me to a few things the other day, I don't think the Axl camp is as out of touch with their fans as I thought. Cool

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:55:09 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: